Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning to me is that in Wyoming you do not have to be a Pathologist to be coroner. Dr. Brent Blue, according to his office website is a Family General Medicine Physician! I can find no information that any forensic Pathologist has been involved!
"Coroner" is a political position, at least in the United States -- they are usually elected, or appointed.
Coroner - Wikipedia

I would not be harassing the parents. They are doing what many would do if child involved in such situations.

Their son is a missing person and yet ...

They have not searched one minute for him.
They have not put out a single public plea on television in the hopes he sees it and returns.
They have not put out any reward for someone to find him and bring him home.

Sing it with me if you know the words: Most physical i.e. forensic evidence is circumstantial. And circumstantial evidence is enough to prove guilt. It's real evidence, not less valid than "direct" evidence (which would be, for example, someone actually saw with their eyeballs BL stab GP and testifies to such).
Circumstantial evidence - Wikipedia
Circumstantial evidence only, with plenty of other plausible scenarios make it difficult to get a conviction. Reasonable doubt is legally required to be considered. Some alternative explanations were truly incredulous and statistically implausible ( Laci Peterson). Some had to be taken heavily into consideration(Lauren Spierer-no charges even filed, Casey Anthony).

IMO, the dangers of being alone in a campsite, especially a female, are up there. She was left alone, as two people have positively IDed BL walking alone in the wild.

pretty sure they were there for a hair brush ( haha) or a toothbrush for DNA matching

*edit* whoops i am so far behind and replied to someone about 10 pages a go, sorry
same here, I took weekend off from the threads and disregard if this was already mentioned as a possibility, but is it possible BL's parents handed over his dental records for possibly entering in the NAMUS database? When my brother went missing in 2009, it took us some time to get the dental records but when we got them they were entered in the NAMUS Database and fortunately the case was solved 2 years later right here on websleuths by "Snufamonbobball".

I would not be harassing the parents. They are doing what many would do if child involved in such situations. I say this even as I condemn their silence with regarding GP’s parents. The Laundries are acting upon experienced attorney advice.

I think their home should be watched as it should have been from the onset. BL might never have been able to slip out undetected. That Mustang was just driven out of there with no one noticing. No one knows exactly when it left that driveway and when it returned and who was in it.

I disagree that BL's parents are doing what many would do if their child were involved in this situation. The current situation is that their child is missing, and that he is the primary suspect in GP's death. I would think most parents would be doing everything in their power to help find their son, including public pleas.

Their actions are extremely suspect, IMO.

Sing it with me if you know the words: Most physical i.e. forensic evidence is circumstantial. And circumstantial evidence is enough to prove guilt. It's real evidence, not less valid than "direct" evidence (which would be, for example, someone actually saw with their eyeballs BL stab GP and testifies to such).
Circumstantial evidence - Wikipedia
Almost all evidence is circumstantial. You wouldn't need to speak of reasonable doubt if the only evidence you could use was direct evidence. Criminals are usually good about avoiding the direct kind.

I would not be harassing the parents. They are doing what many would do if child involved in such situations. I say this even as I condemn their silence with regarding GP’s parents. The Laundries are acting upon experienced attorney advice.

I think their home should be watched as it should have been from the onset. BL might never have been able to slip out undetected. That Mustang was just driven out of there with no one noticing. No one knows exactly when it left that driveway and when it returned and who was in it.
They’re hiding their wanted son. any sane person would be out there helping search if their son was “missing”. Laundrie ain’t missing he’s hiding and they helped hide him. JMO

Circumstantial evidence only, with plenty of other plausible scenarios make it difficult to get a conviction. Reasonable doubt is legally required to be considered. Some alternative explanations were truly incredulous and statistically implausible ( Laci Peterson). Some had to be taken heavily into consideration(Lauren Spierer-no charges even filed, Casey Anthony).

IMO, the dangers of being alone in a campsite, especially a female, are up there. She was left alone, as two people have positively IDed BL walking alone in the wild.
She was already dead when he went walking lol.

BL’s friends are staying mum. It could be that one of them is harboring or giving him info in a vacant place to stay. Someone could have met him at the parking lot where Mustang was found and dropped him off elsewhere

I know there are many hiding spots where I live. Vacant homes, oblivious people. Many young white makes look just like him. A lot of private property around the wild life refuge too with shacks and shelters.

At this point, whoever aided him just might choose to forget what he did.
Remember the Marathon Bomber was hiding in an empty boat. . . got caught fast but just raising the point. i guess it just depends on how good a hider one is.

Probably a dumb question, but are BL and GP's Instagram and YouTube accounts not considered "verified"? I didn't see them in the approved list here (but maybe I missed it), and when I tried searching myself, I just keep running into a bunch of memorial accounts or "find BL" accounts.

they can’t even leave the house for milk
I mean I use grocery delivery quite often because since this pandemic started and I worked 5 days a week and was verbally abused by rude people during it, I don’t like to leave my house anymore now that I’m not working and being a full time care giver for my blind dad.

but my son is also not federally wanted by the FBI. But yeah, they’re not doing what a normal parent would do. Making them look guilty as well

Probably a dumb question, but are BL and GP's Instagram and YouTube accounts not considered "verified"? I didn't see them in the approved list here (but maybe I missed it), and when I tried searching myself, I just keep running into a bunch of memorial accounts or "find BL" accounts.

Neither of their Instagtam accounts have the 'verified' check, but most vloggers don't become verified until they've reached hundreds of thousands if not millions of followers and have been at it for a while. GP and BL were just starting out.

Concerning to me is that in Wyoming you do not have to be a Pathologist to be coroner. Dr. Brent Blue, according to his office website is a Family General Medicine Physician! I can find no information that any forensic Pathologist has been involved!
One is involved! They brought in a pathologist from Sheridan to do the autopsy, that's why they had to wait until a Tuesday to perform it.

This is where time of death will help - hopefully. Unless the window of time is so great that it puts BL walking alone and trying to hitchhike.

Their son is a missing person and yet ...

They have not searched one minute for him.
They have not put out a single public plea on television in the hopes he sees it and returns.
They have not put out any reward for someone to find him and bring him home.

They are following attorney’s advice, most likely.

If they believe he is in that Reserve, not smart for them to go there. LE would not want them out there looking either and have likely told them so. They would be a distraction.

Although it seems obvious who is the most likely person responsible for this... LE can afford to be patient. I think the missing piece that is holding up a charge is closing down the argument that "I left for a few days to hike alone, came back, she was dead or missing, I freaked out and drove home because I knew nobody would believe me" They can't fix the time of death and they can't place him there. They get one shot to nail him and they don't need to rush.

I know the FBI is seeking information from anyone who was in the vicinity of Spread Creek Dispersed Campground between August 27 and August 30, but I'm surprised they haven't also asked people who were in Coulter Bay Village (where Miranda Baker picked him up at the showers) on August 29 to come forward as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator