Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know very few people under the age of 30 that do not smoke weed. I went to graduate school at Yale and my ENTIRE department smoked weed regularly, including some of my faculty.

I feel like I need to say this before ANOTHER conversation starts about weed in which the act of smoking weed is used as a tool to vilify victims and murderers alike.

Agree. Not sure why weed is even part of this conversation. I live in Canada where weed is legal and part of everyday life. Most people I know smoke it, you'll walk down the street and smell it just like cigarette smoke. Some people that aren't familiar with it/don't smoke it can sometimes seem to have a bias against people who do. I've seen several comments here that are indirectly suggesting certain things about Brian AND Gabby because they smoked weed.

I'm 50 years old and I've never touched the stuff. Not everyone has smoked weed. Just because it's popular in certain circles doesn't make it universal. You talk like everyone does it or has done it at least once in their lifetime, but that simply isn't true.
I agree. My daughter who's 35 and myself, 57 have never smoked marijuana. My son on the other hand smokes it daily and has said it's the only thing that helps him cope with his Asperger's and anxiety. I also know that most of my friends who I've know since elementary & high school have never smoked. We were and still are the nerds and goody two shoes.

It absolutely does not matter. The conversation and perception around weed has changed so much even in the last three years—it’s so irrelevant to talk about marijuana use in any case, but especially this one. Literally not important.
It's as relevant as talking about whether they drank, or were on prescription meds, or hadn't been sleeping or anything else that may have altered their behavior. It's an interesting point of fact in spite of how anyone feels about the use of it.

If BL is holed up somewhere, I would think he is 1. On his own, as I would think LE would know where friends/relatives live and have checked there and 2. Is not far from home, or he would have been spotted or captured on video somewhere. If this is true, then getting supplies is going to be a weak link. I wonder if LE have checked delivery services that supply food within x miles of home/campground, and have been paid with a payment method set up in the past month. Just a thought.

Attachments

• Fort De Soto family pic - BL background.ZOOM.png
    Fort De Soto family pic - BL background.ZOOM.png
    182.9 KB · Views: 132
Just putting in my 2 cents here. I think there’s something really wrong with BL and his parents have known this and covered it up his whole life. No parent wants for their child to be extremely flawed to the point they’ll have a hard time living a normal life. I bet instead of dealing with that, they’ve tried to cover up his flaws and hide that he wasn’t “right.” How a parent, let alone BOTH parents, could continue to cover for him after he apparently MURDERED his girlfriend who is supposed to be like family to them. Ugh. I just can’t even. Even if they didn’t know exactly what happened at first, they had to KNOW. Their actions say it all—that only his life is important here. Even above their own! It’s nuts, and I guess they’re so used to doing it they don’t realize how much better it would be for all involved, including their son, to help him take responsibility for himself. They need to stop worshiping their son and do what’s right, but I have no faith that will happen.

I have another one of my morning "wonderings", and just can't remember or find (at the moment) some facts to help me argue myself out of this, likely a totally absurd scenario!

MOO!!! Since Gabby lived with the Laundries for a while, she likely was close to the family. Only support for that is that she did live there and the postcards to Brian's nieces are full of love and simply adorable. We haven't seen or heard, well I haven't, that she did something similar for others.

Do we have any indication of phone records or insight after the Moab incident that maybe she called Brian's mom while sitting in the car instead of her family?

This occurred to me as I, admittedly, try to compare my own experience with friends (boyfriends and girlfriends) of my kids. While none lived with us, some nearly did upon occasion, depending on their family dynamics or convenience at the time. We were a good "safe haven". With at least one of the girlfriends, she would have called me instead of her parent's all day long to fret or vent or ask for advice.

I would SO love to see the story the phone records have to tell. Alas.

My "wonderings" continue with:

Do we know when Gabby's phone was last active? I seem to remember around September 1st, but wasn't sure if that was absolutely verified.

I keep trying to figure out why the last text on 30th is now not discussed by her family, or any other communication between anyone, really after a certain date.

IF someone else had her phone, in this case, someone other than BL- pretending to be her to his and her family, BL, and others- there COULD be insight into why no one worried until after those messages that people thought were from her (possibly crafting a story about who knows what they pretended she was up or where she was). Maybe those texts began to either get super weird, raised suspicion or just stopped.

Highly unlikely, but again, I would like to be able to rule these possibilities running in my head, out, never to be considered again! MOO! This may have already been thoroughly vetted here at some point, if so, please remove!
I think Gabby's mom was originally puzzled by the august 30th text and later concluded that it was Gabby's phone, but NOT Gabby who sent the text. It's evidence that Gabby was likely deceased and the text was sent by BL who in a frenzy, referred to Yosemite instead of Yellowstone (where they were supposed to be headed). Also, it will be interesting to know from where the text was sent, geographically. Likely was sent from way east of the Tetons. JMO

A North Port police spokesperson told the outlet that he was “not certain” where Gabby’s belongings were and was “unaware of any items of hers from inside the home”.
Gabby's family haven't received her remains & her 'stuff is in Brian's home'

There was a guy by himself at the end of the bar," Mannies said. "We really didn’t pay him much attention until he got kind of – he just seemed overly invested in our conversation and eventually ended up speaking up."

Mannies was discussing hunting and other things with his friend when the conversation turned political.

"[Laundrie] abruptly jumped into it with a comment about ‘stupid Southerners’ and some expletives about Republicans," Mannies told Fox News’ Steve Doocy.

Mannies has since contacted the FBI and filed a report along with his friend.
Man believes he talked to Brian Laundrie days before Gabby Petito's disappearance: 'It was an odd encounter'
*is Brian a hunter?

I am still haunted by the Delphi case, I took a long break from here after that one. It is still hard to believe that whomever killed Libby and Abbey is still out there. If BL is alive, he will be found, we have much more than his voice to go on. We know who he is.
Yes, I got very burnt out by both the Delphi and Summer Wells cases, and Gabby’s case is the only reason I’ve continued reading and posting here.

Yes, you’re absolutely correct that at least in this case, we know who we’re looking for. Let’s hope something breaks, soon.

From late last night:

LATEST: When I asked #BrianLaundrie’s family attorney when *he* last saw or spoke w/ Brian, he was very matter of fact & says he last spoke w/ him on 9/13. He was reported missing by his parents on 9/17. Because Laundrie’s lawyer is based in NY, he never saw him face to face.

Screenshot of text here:

https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1442976829069881350?s=20
The attorney never confirmed the method in which he spoke to Brian in the screenshot she posted. From what it looks like, she made an assumption and he didn't confirm or deny it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky