Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what a protester said so I think the protesters want more than a media sound bite, like to be invited in for coffee and a chat...

“The crowd is going to grow from here, Laundrie family, we’re not going to quit!” the man continues in one of two videos posted by Fox News reporter Audrey Conklin. “We want answers! Come out and give America answers!”
Sounds dangerous. They need to be cleared out immediately.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I've been wondering for days why they haven't boarded up their house, hired a guard, and gone elsewhere. Any guesses???
Because police have probably told the Laundries to stay home. If they left and started wandering around, the FBI would have to pay people to follow them and waste resources. It might also give them a chance to reconnect with BL and help him escape in some way. Just easier if they stay home.

I understand this is only speculation on your part. BUT, could this be possible, the FBI already has BL in custody? Is the FBI obligated to say when/if they have a person in custody?

BBM
I can't answer your question.
Regarding my speculation, by "already has him" i meant pretty much all the possibilities... BL in custody, someone following him or, his remains.

MOO JMOO

Really? I think he'd stick out like a sore thumb. I think a saving grace may be if he is fluent in Spanish, which we do not know. But, if he is this may give some people pause to second guess themselves (i.e. "Nah, this guy must have been here for awhile.") MOO
There are plenty of places in Mexico where English is spoken regularly. I live in an area with a very large Mexican immigrant population currently, and a lot of recent arrivals were from places like Acapulco where there are resorts that cater to large amounts of English speaking tourists, and many of these people were fluent in/spoke English regularly before they moved to the US. It's not unreasonable to think he wouldn't stick out in a place like that.

I have the feeling the FBI already has BL, especially after the last visit to the Laundries.
Someone mentioned here that, evidence is usually held until the conclusion of a criminal case. In this FBI visit, one of the FBI agents entered the house carrying a "large" brown paper bag and left the house without it. I've been wondering since then what was inside that brown paper bag.
This could also explain the Laundries' silence and lack of emotion leaving and entering their house.
This is purely speculation on my part.

MOO JMO
If the FBI had Brian, they'd prepare the most glorious perp walk in recent history. Its coming. We're just getting into this. Every dollar added to the reward makes his situation less tenable and more dangerous.
MOO

I've been wondering for days why they haven't boarded up their house, hired a guard, and gone elsewhere. Any guesses???
Perhaps they are making a feeble attempt to portray no involvement, innocence. Which of course they are, until and if such time that is proven in a court of law.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I understand this is only speculation on your part. BUT, could this be possible, the FBI already has BL in custody? Is the FBI obligated to say when/if they have a person in custody?
AFAIK they aren't obligated, per se, but if it is a matter of public safety and will not hinder their investigation they will announce whether or not they have someone in custody pretty promptly. Source: mom's best friend is married to an FBI officer

Because police have probably told the Laundries to stay home. If they left and started wandering around, the FBI would have to pay people to follow them and waste resources. It might also give them a chance to reconnect with BL and help him escape in some way. Just easier if they stay home.

What's LE authority to tell them to stay home? I can't imagine them being prohibited (how??) going to a high rise hotel with a restaurant and a guest parking garage.

Hiker claims he saw Brian Laundrie near Appalachian Trail

Davis and some other hikers were going to leave a car at the Northern Terminus of the Application Trail, and he was going to sleep at the trailhead Friday night. He accidentally passed a parking lot near the trail and was going to make a U-turn on Waterville Road when "a vehicle approached" from behind him and flashed its headlights as if signaling to Davis that he could complete his U-turn.

The driver then told Davis that he was lost and was trying to get to California after getting in a fight with his girlfriend.

The hiker thought about the encounter afterward as he started driving again and began to wonder whether it was Laundrie.

"So I got to the next spot where I was going to park and I pulled open my phone and I started looking through pictures. And the thing when I was talking to him which really stood out to me was: He had a very full but short, very thick, dark, black beard and mustache. And so when I parked my car and I pulled up the picture of him on the internet…and there was that beard and mustache," Davis said.

At that point, the hiker was 95% sure he had seen Laundrie and called the FBI. When he got off the phone with the FBI, he looked at another profile shot of Laundrie and then felt 100% convinced that he spotted the fugitive, at which point he called the FBI a second time, as well as Tennesee and North Carolina police.

Yes, but I really believe him. He is just an ordinary guy with 4 kids and he wasn't expecting to run into the dude early in the morning. He's Gen X like me, my generation wasn't big on drugs, just on keeping it real, IMO. I am sure he is frustrated that LE didn't believe him - Imagine how many crank calls they did get from lunatics about sightings on the AT. IMO LE is missing out if they aren't checking into this.

I absolutely did not want to believe that BL had come to the AT, but after reading this guy's account, I fully believe he did. I just don't want LE to miss the boat on this.

Prayers BL is caught fast.

I'm Gen X as well (thus my observation that Highly Educated Dude looks like half the guys in my feed :-/). Our generation has done and continues to do many, many drugs. We basically invented cocaine as the fuel to capitalism in the 80s! And did you know that what's left of the Grateful Dead are STILL touring (with John Mayer on lead). I believe they were in Red Rock this weekend.

In any case, my amusement at "I'm not a druggie/I'm highly educated" was just a little light-hearted thing. You have to admit - though it's completely understandable-ish, it's kind of a funny thing to sputter. I'd be amused at myself, too, if I said it. :)

And, I've been wondering since this morning when the last time was that anyone physically laid eyes on Cassie Laundrie. Protesters gather in front of Cassie Laundrie's house Still no response. I don't know if anyone knows and I'm hoping Brian Entin will find out. Can you imagine if she disappears too. This would border on the ridiculous. But, she has children I'm sure she would not leave. MOO

Gabby Petito: Search for fiancé Brian Laundrie broadens: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Hiker claims he saw Brian Laundrie near Appalachian Trail
A Florida man hiking the Appalachian Trail claims he saw Brian Laundrie driving in a white pickup truck around 12:30 a.m. ET on Saturday in Tennessee near the North Carolina border.

Dennis Davis, who spoke to a number of news outlets on Saturday including Fox News Digital twice, said it didn't at first register that the driver may have been Laundrie, but after the encounter, he looked up photos of the fugitive wanted on debit card fraud charges, and he then felt convinced enough to call in the sighting to FBI twice, as well as 911 operators in Tennessee and North Carolina.

"There is no doubt about it. That was Brian Laundrie I was just talking to. 100%. Not a doubt in my mind," Davis said of the encounter after he looked up both a portrait and profile shot of Laundrie on his phone.

Dog the Bounty Hunter says keep tips coming in case that's touched millions
Duane "Dog" Chapman, also known as Dog the Bounty Hunter, joined the search for Gabby Petito late last month after friends, fans and family urged him to get involved, he said.

He and his team are working long days – from sun-up to sundown – sniffing out tips, fact-checking rumors and physically in the field with volunteer search teams looking for clues of Laundrie’s movements. Last week, Chapman and a private K-9 unit searched a pair of islands off of Fort De Soto, where Laundrie may have hidden out.

Gabby's stepfather tweets childhood photo of her: 'Miss you Gabs'

Brian Laundrie protesters move to his sister's home to demand answers

Gabby's grandmother says she misses her 'every day'

Memorial for Gabby Petito continues to grow in Brian Laundrie's hometown of North Port, Florida

I heard about the NC connections Friday on Anderson Cooper. I posted a comment about it somewhere back on Friday. But I only received one response to tell me it was old news and no one else ever responded, so who knows...

The sighting hadn't occurred yet. Many of us have theorized about that region being a possibility for BL, Anderson Cooper is one of them.

In the case of the roadway sighting, the man who called it in appears not to have heard this theorizing - but we don't know that for sure. Surely people all up and down the AT region and its adjacent areas are talking about this case, as so many MSM outlets have mentioned the region as a possibility. BL had gone up that way for ~8 weeks, alone, before. He had made other trips up that way, one with Gabby (for 2 weeks?)

You don't smash in the face of someone you love, or like, or respect. Especially someone who weighs 50 lbs less, unless you are trying to demean the person as much as possible.

When did he "smash" Gabby's face in? I think this story has grown legs. The word used was "smooshed" and the injury appeared minor - both of them appear to have scratched each other and both admitted putting hands on each other. Gabby says she went first, Brian agrees. He even demonstrates his "smooshing" technique and reminds me of what some people do if their (larger) child is attacking them.
--------------------------

And again, Gabby. was not found in a National Park! The rules for National Parks and National Forests are VERY different. No target practice in National Parks (or hunting), but HUNTING is allowed in NF, and people do shoot guns, whether they ought to or not, and in and out of hunting season. Dispersed areas of National Forests are not regularly monitored for this, at all. There is no entry gate to the Bridger-Teton NF, and use is described as "all purpose," which includes using several kinds of weapons for hunting.

One of the permitted practices in this very National Forest is TARGET SHOOTING:

Bridger-Teton National Forest - Hunting

Now there are rules, but once people see it's an allowed activity - it happens. The place along the creek, which is pretty far from the numbered campsites, would be many people's view of a very safe place to shoot at a downed log, perhaps by putting can targets or similar on top of it. I've done it myself. Growing up, I knew lots of people who did it (local gun laws apply - so it's more regulated in California than in Wyoming).

So those of us who suggest there could have been target practice are not wrong. Please stop being so confident about the rules in National Forests - spend some time exploring the website to the specific National Forest where Gabby was. For. your. convenience, here is the WELCOME that the NF gives to TARGET SHOOTERS:

//Target Shooting
Shooting sports activities have been enjoyed for generations and are welcomed on National Forest System lands. (emphasis mine)

Both state and federal laws apply on the Bridger-Teton National Forest, so you also need to check on the Wyoming laws and county ordinances which may apply to the area you will be visiting. You also need to be in compliance with any general federal laws and regulations about weapons (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), etc).

The only regulations specific to use of weapons imposed by the Forest Service is that you cannot discharge a weapon within 150 yards of any structure/development or occupied area, within or into a cave, across or on a road or body of water, or in any manner that endangers a person. You also cannot use any tracer or incendiary ammunition. Forest Service regulations require that you also comply with all State laws regarding the use of firearms while hunting. (emphasis mine: those rules would allow target practice in this very area where Gabby was found)

There is no special order or provision that prohibits firearms in the three Wilderness areas of the Bridger –Teton (Gros Ventre, Teton, and Bridger). Also, if you chose to shoot clay pigeons, the debris and remnants from shattered shells must be removed. Shooting paint ball guns is not allowed on the Forest.

We encourage you to use designated shooting areas or ranges. However, if you choose to shoot in an undesignated area, please ensure that your shooting does not damage any facilities or natural resources, disrupt other uses, or endanger public safety, and ensure you remove any targets, wads, shells, brass and other refuse with you when you leave. Be sure your shooting target area is free of rocks, as wildfires have resulting from sparks from ricochets. Be responsible for your action and follow outdoor ethics, in other words always, Leave No Trace and Tread Lightly! on federal lands. (emphasis mine)

It is also a good idea regardless, just to contact the local Forest Service District or Forest Offices in advance of your visit to ask the same question, as they are more aware of local ranges and other opportunities, local orders or restrictions, issues and special conditions that may affect you.

Enjoy your visit to our National Forests.

fseprd503493.jpg
fseprd503488.jpg

------------------------------
The. site where Gabby was found satisfies all these requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734