Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i doubt they have him, this isnt evidense for a trial if its a dead body, they would notify the parents and the public so people could stop looking and frankly, they would be happy to announce that!!!

BBM
I thought about that too. But after rewatching BL's sister interview, the FBI is probably "advising" the involved families about what to say or not to say to the public.

There is a dead body, but we have no proof BL killed GP. The FBI is still collecting evidence and building a case. BL is not being sought for murder.
And TBH i don't buy a word the Laundries' lawyer says.

MOO JMO

— Did he steal a white truck?

— Did a close friend or family member give him a white truck to use or buy one for him? That shouldn’t be too hard to figure out since a random friend wouldn’t likely get involved.

jmo

Might even make the harassment go away, or subside. jmo

Here is what a protester said so I think the protesters want more than a media sound bite. They want to get the parents out there in the yard and grill them. The parents would have to order pizza for them to get the crowd to calm down.

Then do it all again every day as more people would stop by. Never ending. Better to just stay in.

“The crowd is going to grow from here, Laundrie family, we’re not going to quit!” the man continues in one of two videos posted by Fox News reporter Audrey Conklin. “We want answers! Come out and give America answers!”

Last edited:
I'm thinking the brown bag contained BL items that the FBI was returning. (clothing etc. used for dogs to sniff scent.)

I was suggest the paper bag may have contained non evidence items such as mom & dad’s personal items that may have been taken when searching for evidence.

An example from my own car would be shopping bags or two winter coats and gloves that are permanently in the car.

I understand this is only speculation on your part. BUT, could this be possible, the FBI already has BL in custody? Is the FBI obligated to say when/if they have a person in custody?

That's highly unlikely, IMO. The FBI wants to be viewed as an efficient highly skilled organization. They need public trust and cooperation. Catching criminals is how they maintain that trust. The longer BL is able to evade capture the worse they appear to the family and the general public. I'm sure they were saying, Oh Lord, please let us get to Brian Laundrie before Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Yah. All Brian's parents need to do is get before the media and plead for Brian to turn himself in. A gesture as simple as this could lessen the suspicion on the parents that they have aided and abetted him.
I’ve wondered why they aren’t doing this as have many others. Perhaps they are so disgusted with what has happened they don’t want to beg and plead for him because they don’t want to send a message of approval and support to him? I can imagine being pissed the heck off at my son if he ever did such a horrible thing and/or lied to me and created a hell storm outside of my house and neighborhood with media digging through every facet of my life.

Understand, but I think it's up to LE to find something, anything they can use to give these poor neighbors some peace. Especially the ones directly next door and across the street. MOO
Snipped for focused reply and BBM.
Agree. There are other laws they could invoke to disperse these protestors.
There is a potential for someone to get hurt. We don't need another tragedy. Move these people on. Alternatively, the parents should board their house up, hire a security guard and go to another location that LE knows about.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Because it apparently happened today, and has just been picked up by NY Post. I think you will see it on other news venues in the next 24-48 hours.

I heard about the NC connections Friday on Anderson Cooper. I posted a comment about it somewhere back on Friday. But I only received one response to tell me it was old news and no one else ever responded, so who knows...

ETA: I also heard it on the news Saturday morning and posted it but no one said anything more about it, so I let it go. Now this is the 3 time I'm hearing about it.

I find it hard to fathom that BL is driving around and hiking the AT when half the country is out looking for him.

Well, if he intends to remain on the run indefinitely, he needs somewhere to practice. My guess is that he'd choose places close to nature and as many here have hypothesized, someplace familiar to him - at least to start.

His behavior at that Appalachian encounter is peculiar enough to suggest psychosis of some form (there are several kinds, it's clearly not depressive psychosis, as such people aren't able to drive and have conversations). Reactive psychosis would be the most likely type and others have already posted briefly about that. Or, he could just be a very strange person who is practicing his fugitive behavior act. By now, he realizes that he can't completely avoid human contact and that the AT is way too crowded.

He's been to the American West. He's seen truly deserted, but still marginally livable, country - wide areas with dispersed camping, but with water available within a day's hike. If he has a truck, he'll want to keep it and steal some license plates, I suppose. Maybe he's been practicing that too. Maybe he did steal the truck.

But he'd need to practice presenting himself to strangers, to see what happens. Choosing to do so late at night, wearing a new form of headgear (perhaps changing it each time), seeing if he's immediately recognized. If he only stops for gas, he can easily disguise his finger tattoo (which most people who are reading about this story don't know about anyway).

New lifestyles take time to adapt. I think BL sees himself as capable of a lone, nature-based lifestlye. If his mind is giving him comforting messages that are out of sync with reality, that's part of the adaptation and the human mind can do that. "Gabby called from California..."

So, my question is, when will the FBI put out a wanted poster that contains all the available identifying info? I'm guessing they have good reasons for not doing so already. They can't base it off this alleged sighting as it isn't verified that he's in a white Ford F-150.

I also have come to believe that it's likely BL is armed and dangerous, so they can't encourage the public to interact with him. Or at least, LE believes it's possible and all I can say is that if he somehow has a truck, he probably also somehow has a gun.

Yah. All Brian's parents need to do is get before the media and plead for Brian to turn himself in. A gesture as simple as this could lessen the suspicion on the parents that they have aided and abetted him.
Or, maybe they are being advised against doing this. I can imagine the public outcry if they pleaded for their son when they said nothing when GP was missing. At this point, they can't do anything right by the public or GP's family. Or maybe LE thinks he's hiding and unstable and their pleads might push him over the edge. Who knows.

Snipped for focused reply and BBM.
Agree. There are other laws they could invoke to disperse these protestors.
There is a potential for someone to get hurt. We don't need another tragedy. Move these people on. Alternatively, the parents should board their house up, hire a security guard and go to another location that LE knows about.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I've been wondering for days why they haven't boarded up their house, hired a guard, and gone elsewhere. Any guesses???

I understand this is only speculation on your part. BUT, could this be possible, the FBI already has BL in custody? Is the FBI obligated to say when/if they have a person in custody?
That's not how it works. The FBI may keep some things such as evidence hush-hush, but they always announce when someone is in custody, or if a fugitive is found deceased. It would not be ethical to keep that a secret.

If the question was with reference to "are you on anxiety meds" he could have given a straight answer of "no" if he was prescribed medication for literally any other mental health concern.
I understand that. And certainly the Laundrie family/reps have shown great skill in cagey answers. I was simply responding to someone saying "maybe he was off his meds" by stating the only thing, afaik, that we know about his possibly being on any, particularly if the type that would have you acting strangely if you ran out.

It was a nice way of saying that afaik mental meds are not in scope of known facts, and thus probably not a fair topic of speculation here. It might even be in the mod notes but I'm not sure. I'm not policing but it seems a bit of unseemly speculation not based on anything widely known at this time.

Last edited:
I dunno if he would be noticed in Mexico especially given that he is nondescript in appearance. There are plenty of places a guy like him with parents who have financial means could go and hide that are really needle-in-haystack type places. Pointing y'all back to the Peter Chadwick case again - someone with financial means and a nondescript appearance who hid in Mexico for literal years even with a bounty over his head.
Really? I think he'd stick out like a sore thumb. I think a saving grace may be if he is fluent in Spanish, which we do not know. But, if he is this may give some people pause to second guess themselves (i.e. "Nah, this guy must have been here for awhile.") MOO

A combination of reports from the Jackson Hole news makes it clear IMOO that she was found feet/yards away from the rock, and that the stone cross by the water was not where she was found, and is different from the stone cross laid by her step father. I'll link them all and then you'll be able to easily put this together.

Wyoming U.S. District Court issues arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie in Petito case

Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser

FBI searches Florida home of Petito's boyfriend; autopsy scheduled for Tuesday

All MOO

Thank you! I was trying to find them again last night/today, but there's so many links and not all of them show the crime scene. I will check out the additional pictures now! I am with you on the theory of him moving/dragging her elsewhere. Thank you also for the cross clarification.

I really don't usually get into the tiny nits of conversations in looking at true crime stuff - people speak so casually that minor oddities rarely mean much. And that goes doubly so of a reported (not recorded) conversation given by a person who finds himself suddenly answering press calls and giving interviews in a high-profile homicide/ fugitive situation.

That said, this guy says he said to "BL" that he could take I-40 to California, and that "BL" said (paraphrasing from memory except the bolded and beyond), "I'm just going to take this road into California."

"Into" is not how anyone refers to going to a state (exception - maybe occasionally, when referring to going to a neighboring state to do a specific activity, to distinguish from doing it in your state); we say "to" x state.

However, we quite often say "into" with respect to towns or cities.

This may be a regionalism (It certainly exists in Southern parlance. I had a bf once who thought it was amusing once when he called me at home and my (Southern) father said I'd "gone into town.". My parents used that phrasing all the time, despite our living in a medium-populated area of sprawl with many towns running one into another; the colloquialism was from my father's upbringing in a small town with one main shopping drag, aka, grocery store, bank, etc.)

Following on that line, the phrasing would make more sense, too, then, if "BL" were actually a local boy, with the Southern /rural phrasing.

But again, the conversation is retold by a person who seems kind of amped up (understandably) by the encounter, so I don't put much on it at all.

In other news, that engineer guy's pic looks like half the men suggested to me on dating apps. :confused:o_O

FWIW (probably not much) BL is from LI and lots of people would say, talking about "Manhattan " (a word which no one would say): "I am going into the city." "I am driving into the the city. " "I am taking a bus into the city." That all sounds like very common usage which might carry over. Technically LI is NYC, but people in all the outer boroughs and burbs would say into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member