Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he's the only person on the planet who would need to pull off the road to look at photographs to see what BL looks like. And, story states that he got sound clip of BL from Dog's sister? Couldn't just pull up a youtube? Yep, strange sighting alright.

There's only one piece of video that I believe has Brian's voice on it (the youtube is done to music, Brian doesn't speak, IIRC).

That that's nestled in Gabby's instagram account, IIRC. I wouldn't be able to find it (I think it's the third row on a regular monitor, first column, but I can't be sure). Who in the world would remember that? We have very very little of BL's voice to share should it become necessary.

How many of you have heard his voice, aside from the bodycam video? ...which most people couldn't find quickly if they're not subscribed to a few True Crime podcasts. A person hiking sections of the Appalachian trail probably hasn't been keeping up with true crime news unless they're a true devotée. And even I don't listen to true crime when I'm in the mountains...for many, the whole point of going into nature is to leave all that behind.

One thing about this thread and all the others about GP and BL I see posters saying the FBI and LE MUST have other info they're not releasing. Each time I see a post that says this I am reminded of the Jamie Closs situation where we all thought LE had a lot more information that they weren't sharing and once she escaped and he was arrested they announced they had NO info or leads to go on of where she was and if she hadn't escaped they would have never found her.
It makes me wonder if LE and the FBI have info about where BL is or how to capture him. Just my thoughts for today...
I don't think LE is obligated to inform fugitives what they do and don't know about their location.

In this BL sighting article:
BBM

There is no doubt in my mind I spoke to Brian Laundrienone whatsoever,” Davis, 53, said.

The man Davis sighted drove a white or light-colored pick up truck resembling a Ford F-150 and wore a dark bandana on his head.

Despite the road being dark, Davis said the headlights from both idle cars were sufficient to see the man at such close range.

I'm having a difficult time grasping how Mr. Davis can have no doubt whatsoever about who he spoke to yet at the same time... was not able to clearly identify the color of the vehicle belonging to this person.

Anyone else?

Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail
I was chased by a vehicle and eventually trapped and accosted by a man. Happily a good Samaritan saved me. I couldn't tell the police much about the vehicle, even though I was chased for 5 minutes but I damn sure could describe the man. So I don't find that odd. The focus is generally on the person, not the vehicle.

If it was BL, there's no reason I can think of he'd want to go to California, NC. It's tiny. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It's also a rural area of the state that has more black than white residents. All of those factors would make it pretty hard for a white fugitive from Florida to blend in. But it's perfectly possible there is a confused white guy in the mountains who wants to go there because that's where his GF is. "He's going in the wrong direction" wouldn't necessarily apply if he's not BL.

The engineer is positive he couldn't have made a mistake. But eyewitnesses DO make mistakes. And his engineering background wouldn't prevent a mistake although he seems to think it would.

JMO

"I am not some drug addict! I am a highly educated person!" gave me a chuckle this morning.

Again, for sake of argument, let's say BL lied to his parents and sister and they did not know anything was amiss until Sept. 10th, when GP's mom started texting the parents.

This would explain the camping trip and other "normal" behaviors witnessed by neighbors prior to that date. It would also explain BL's sister's GMA interview on the 15th, with her speaking in terms of time since she found out GP was missing, and her brother then missing. From Sept. 10th on, not including seeing him on the 1st and 6th because that was before she knew GP was missing. (Although my one question there is did he have and did she see the white van when he visited her on Sept. 1).

So the parents get a lawyer on or around Sept. 10, because they either finally know, or suspect what their son did, and then don't know how to proceed appropriately. Lawyer tells them to stay quiet and let him handle the press and LE, so they do.

With pressure coming from all sides now, Brian leaves and tells his parents he is going to the Carleton Reserve on Sept. 14. On the 17th, after BL not returning home, they find an empty gun case in the Mustang, note his new cell phone and wallet are home, and they think maybe he's gone off to harm himself. So they tell LE.

Maybe I'm giving his family too much benefit of doubt, but imo, I have to at least consider the possibility that they may not be lying or covering for him, at all. Maybe they really don't know where he is, are concerned for his safety, didn't know where GP was before she was found, and didn't know anything happened before Sept. 10th.

If it was BL, there's no reason I can think of he'd want to go to California, NC. It's tiny. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It's also a rural area of the state that has more black than white residents. All of those factors would make it pretty hard for a white fugitive from Florida to blend in. But it's perfectly possible there is a confused white guy in the mountains who wants to go there because that's where his GF is. "He's going in the wrong direction" wouldn't necessarily apply if he's not BL.

The engineer is positive he couldn't have made a mistake. But eyewitnesses DO make mistakes. And his engineering background wouldn't prevent a mistake although he seems to think it would.

JMO

He would be noticed in Mexico too - and I would not put it past the cartel to be aware of a 100K bounty on his head MOO. Eyewitness testimony is perhaps the most unreliable testimony there is. It's so hit or miss and so susceptible to attack. MOO. Personal example, 1st day criminal law - no one in class knew each other or Professor. Professor walks in, goes to lectern, moments later a woman walks in, goes to Professor hands her a manilla folder and they engage in a screaming match. The entire lecture hall was honed in and focused on this unbelievable "scene." This goes on for a minute and a half. Woman exits. Professor faces class and says "Welcome to criminal law, blah, blah, blah. Take out a piece of paper and write down everything you can remember about the woman who was just here. Our first topic is the reliability of eyewitness testimony". NO ONE got it right. And, the woman was even pregnant and no one wrote that down. This was more than 30 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. I will never forget that important and critical lesson she taught us. It certainly made an impact on me. MOO
Edit: Btw, when I say "no one", I'm talking about 100+ people.

Last edited:
There's only one piece of video that I believe has Brian's voice on it (the youtube is done to music, Brian doesn't speak, IIRC).

That that's nestled in Gabby's instagram account, IIRC. I wouldn't be able to find it (I think it's the third row on a regular monitor, first column, but I can't be sure). Who in the world would remember that? We have very very little of BL's voice to share should it become necessary.

How many of you have heard his voice, aside from the bodycam video? ...which most people couldn't find quickly if they're not subscribed to a few True Crime podcasts. A person hiking sections of the Appalachian trail probably hasn't been keeping up with true crime news unless they're a true devotée. And even I don't listen to true crime when I'm in the mountains...for many, the whole point of going into nature is to leave all that behind.

he speaks in the van life youtube video...

I’m right with line of thought with you or when he’s off his meds.
His comments to LE in Moab suggest that he was not on meds. I believe the police report framed it as being said with reference to anxiety, but it would be odd for the topic to come up and only a partial response given.

The reporter at 19:50 in the following linked video seems to have seen the remains in the Chopper5 video (MOO) and she says "body parts" when discussing the FBI press conference. JMO, the orange chalk paint may have been markings near the remains.
Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito
But I do see where there is a hole or dent at each chalk marking. It seems a little odd that LE would spray chalk directly on potential evidence.

If it were blood evidence, they would carefully collect several swabs, and then mark the place they found them. If it were bullets that needed to be removed, same thing - and they'd need the marker to show where each thing was collected.

It's also possible they took a bore sample of the blood marks (removing a section of the tree bark, preserving the blood in situ). I'm not sure what they believe that sort of context would tell them, but it would likely provide a tiny bit of forensic evidence if it was ever questioned where the samples came from (which makes me rest easy about their attention to detail).

He would be noticed in Mexico too - and I would not put it past the cartel to be aware of a 100K bounty on his head MOO. Eyewitness testimony is perhaps the most unreliable testimony there is. It's so hit or miss and so susceptible to attack. MOO. Personal example, 1st day criminal law - no one in class knew each other or Professor. Professor walks in, goes to lectern, moments later a woman walks in, goes to Professor hands her a manilla folder and the engage in a screaming match. This goes on for a minute and a half. Woman exits. Professor faces class and says "Welcome to criminal law, blah, blah, blah. Take out a piece of paper and write down everything you can remember about the woman who was just here. Our first topic is the reliability of eyewitness testimony". NO ONE got it right. And, the woman was even pregnant and no one wrote that down. This was more than 30 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. I will never forget that important and critical lesson she taught us. It certainly made an impact on me. MOO
I dunno if he would be noticed in Mexico especially given that he is nondescript in appearance. There are plenty of places a guy like him with parents who have financial means could go and hide that are really needle-in-haystack type places. Pointing y'all back to the Peter Chadwick case again - someone with financial means and a nondescript appearance who hid in Mexico for literal years even with a bounty over his head.

I don't think LE is obligated to inform fugitives what they do and don't know about their location.

Good point. The FBI and Marshall's Service can't telegraph to the fugitive all their leads to where they think he is.

When the general public is informed the fugitive also becomes informed.

FBI:
"We think the fugitive is in Chicago.

Fugitive:
"Guess I better get out of Chicago PDQ" (pretty darn quick) !

His comments to LE in Moab suggest that he was not on meds. I believe the police report framed it as being said with reference to anxiety, but it would be odd for the topic to come up and only a partial response given.
If the question was with reference to "are you on anxiety meds" he could have given a straight answer of "no" if he was prescribed medication for literally any other mental health concern.

I don't know, sometimes these kinds of things happen when and where and to whom we would least expect.

Has anyone checked to see if Dog's sister has posted about it? Or if Dog is going there?
Idk if he’s going there today, but yesterday I know he was busy checking out that makeshift campsite found on one of those islands - video here (admin approved). He got on a FaceTime call with Josh Benson from WFLA at the site. So I know that’s where he was yesterday. Don’t know if he will check out App Trail today.

Didn’t the guy say he was asking directions to California? Would we think he’d still be there if he was asking for directions across the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734