Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But IMO unless people have been living under a rock and not paying attention to all of the legal stuff that has been publicly happening in this country for the past 4 years, he should know that lying to the FBI is an automatic crime. Federal sentencing guidelines can go up to 5 years if you have a record, 0-6 months if this is a first offense (I really do not want to pull up the federal sentencing guidelines so please snip if this is not allowed) and I just can't see this guy offering himself up for a crime. I don't see it. MOO He could be mistaken but I don't think he's lying. Just my gut. No proof or facts. MOO

But in reality, if he (or his parents) wanted to, they could (with a competent attorney...), approach the FBI about cutting some kind of deal that could take many forms (not prosecuting lying to the FBI, not being prosecuted for or having to admit they lied or fled/assisted fleeing the law, millions of possibilities) in exchange for coming in with with their attorney and/or providing information about what happened.

Truly, these kinds of arrangements happen all the time. The best way to torpedo any future negotiated resolution/ leniency/ compromise is to keep jerking LE around, wasting time, money, reputation of the various agencies involved.

I am duck footed, so I had ignored the videos…..thinking it wasn’t a bid deal. I saw one today, and it’s EXTREME. It almost seems like something is wrong with his hips too. Like his upper thighs were stuck together. It was very odd.

Right?! I have a friend who was so duck-footed that they had surgery to correct it, and it STILL wasn't that bad. Very pronounced and uncomfortable looking.

I think some.guy that.looks.like Brian went out a d asked this guy for directions! He knows.ppl.are.looking for him and decided to have.some.fun at someone else's expense! I do not think.for a.moment that was BL.

Jmo
I would think that men who look like BL (of whom there are many) may just be carrying about their lives, not necessarily having fun at anyone’s expense. For much of the country (aside from those of us analyzing his every ear contour), he looks fairly non-descript. I don’t think we can assign ill-intent to everyone who looks like him. We don’t know what part of the story is true or not true. JMO.

But in reality, if he (or his parents) wanted to, they could (with a competent attorney...), approach the FBI about cutting some kind of deal that could take many forms (not prosecuting lying to the FBI, not being prosecuted for or having to admit they lied or fled/assisted fleeing the law, millions of possibilities) in exchange for coming in with with their attorney and/or providing information about what happened.

Truly, these kinds of arrangements happen all the time. The best way to torpedo any future negotiated resolution/ leniency/ compromise is to keep jerking LE around, wasting time, money, reputation of the various agencies involved.

IMO they are not sophisticated enough to get a good attorney. But the one they have got is shielding them from a lot of misery.

That is why we have parents.

Just remember, he was young too. I know some have this impression that he was strong and dominant and she was weak and naive.

I don't see either as completely true.
Teenage hormones/love can be powerful. Parents can be the best parents, "raise them right”, forbid the boyfriend, but once they turn 18 there is little recourse other than an all or nothing approach, cut them off if they are not doing what you say. Or parents can maintain a relationship, be there to help pick up the pieces when it falls apart, offer guidance which may or may not be accepted and hopefully be there when they are needed. When I was a teenager I had a friend who was being abused by her boyfriend. I told her parents who were completely unaware and immediately filed charges. If things were abusive during their high school years her parents may not necessarily have been aware and once she left home that’s not something that is usually shared.

I’m struggling. So many triggers. I’ve broken down in tears several times. Sobbing. I could have been Gabby. Perhaps she covered for Brian because that’s what she knew to do. Perhaps she didn’t tell anyone he was abusive because at first, it didn’t seem that bad. It seemed normal for her. It wasn’t that bad. I can talk him down. I’ll take the blame just so this fight will be over. I won’t tell. I won’t tell…

Wish there were an approved hugs/heart emoji here.

Just jumping back in here -- I've been doing Other Things :eek: !

Re trucks -- and I apologize if this is a repeat of info...a repeat of info...a repeat of info...

The Ford F150 is a full-size truck and it's been the best-seller of full size trucks for a long time. Red trucks, white trucks, black trucks, you name it:

Ford F-150 (623,980)

For more than four decades, the Ford F-150 light-duty full-size truck has been the best-selling pickup in America. For 2019, three cab styles and seven trim levels are available, including the Baja-inspired Raptor. Turbocharged gas and diesel 6-cylinder engines are available, along with a traditional V8. The truck’s maximum payload rating is 3,270 lbs., and when properly equipped, the F-150 can tow up to 13,200 pounds.
-----------------------

Source:
https://www.ridgebackbodies.com.au/what-truck-brand-sells-the-most-9-of-the-best-selling-trucks/

I just "listened" to this guy's accounting for the first time from your Fox News link. Prior to this I had only been reading it. He is so detailed. So specific. He went above and beyond to get someone, anyone, to listen to him. IMOO this guy is not lying. He may be mistaken, but he is not lying. Full stop. MOO
This was my take as well, for what it’s worth. I’m skeptical of eyewitnesses because we just don’t know for sure with the lower lighting, BL’s somewhat average looks, etc. but he does seem to believe what he’s saying. JMO.

I do feel like the sighting in TN/NC with Mr. Davis was Brian. And like I said I also stand by my theory of them purchasing the truck with cash when BL came home for those few days, stashed it near desoto, he flew back to gabby and when he came back without her, they loaded up the camper to fill up the truck with goodies. I think the whole fam (mom, dad and sister) are in on it. To me that seems logical at this point. I think the leads Dog are following are not Brian. I think he stayed in desoto then took off from there. If Cassie had a hat on with her hair pulled back and sat low in the backseat then there’s your 3 that left. IMO I know I keep repeating this but that’s kinda where I am at.

Hiker has ‘no doubt’ he bumped into Brian Laundrie - follow updates live

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

In all of these supposed sighting and accounts, there has not been, to my knowledge, anyone who emphatically and categorically stated he knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was BL. Nobody has provided that detail - that he has a unique profile, that isn't seen in most of the wanted photos, and that this witness got a long look at that profile from his vantage point. Add to that the strangeness of the encounter, the unique confused behaviors by the guy in the pickup truck; and the fact that this guy did not expect and was not at all certain it was BL at first - it was so unexpected for him - Add to that the fact that BL's Grandpa lives in TN near WNC. Add to that people predicted BL would go the AT weeks before this sighting. Add to that it's the first legitimate sighting of him near the AT now picked up by international news sources.

I think I just don't know why more people don't take this one seriously.
It's normal to be skeptical about things. Why do you say that grandpa lives in TN? I've heard differently by an unfounded source so that's interesting to me.

Hiker has ‘no doubt’ he bumped into Brian Laundrie - follow updates live
Add to that it's the first legitimate sighting of him near the AT now picked up by international news sources.

I think I just don't know why more people don't take this one seriously.

BBM I personally think that this has no significance at all. Being that MSM has no clue what is going on with the official investigation - which is evident by their lack of reporting on it.

To me, they are just reporting anything they can find about this case.

Last edited:
Just jumping back in here -- I've been doing Other Things :eek: !

Re trucks -- and I apologize if this is a repeat of info...a repeat of info...a repeat of info...

The Ford F150 is a full-size truck and it's been the best-seller of full size trucks for a long time. Red trucks, white trucks, black trucks, you name it:

Ford F-150 (623,980)

For more than four decades, the Ford F-150 light-duty full-size truck has been the best-selling pickup in America. For 2019, three cab styles and seven trim levels are available, including the Baja-inspired Raptor. Turbocharged gas and diesel 6-cylinder engines are available, along with a traditional V8. The truck’s maximum payload rating is 3,270 lbs., and when properly equipped, the F-150 can tow up to 13,200 pounds.
-----------------------

Source:
https://www.ridgebackbodies.com.au/what-truck-brand-sells-the-most-9-of-the-best-selling-trucks/
F-150’s are good trucks. I had a 1995 one and I literally drove it into the ground lol. And they’re common enough that he can blend in. Only thing that may draw attention is if he has a Florida plate and now it’s been talked about that he could be in a general area.

Why do you think it's obvious? I don't have an opinion until we hear more, but curious why you don't think it's possible.

If he's alive he wouldn't be asking somebody for directions. It would be pretty much the last thing he would do. Where did he get the pickup? Why no phone so he can get his own directions? He would need money for gas... it was dark... There's just no way. Does not add up at all.

(oops, duplicate post. sorry.)

Last edited:
I do feel like the sighting in TN/NC with Mr. Davis was Brian. And like I said I also stand by my theory of them purchasing the truck with cash when BL came home for those few days, stashed it near desoto, he flew back to gabby and when he came back without her, they loaded up the camper to fill up the truck with goodies. I think the whole fam (mom, dad and sister) are in on it. To me that seems logical at this point. I think the leads Dog are following are not Brian. I think he stayed in desoto then took off from there. If Cassie had a hat on with her hair pulled back and sat low in the backseat then there’s your 3 that left. IMO I know I keep repeating this but that’s kinda where I am at.

I agree 100%

No one can answer this for me- Why would BL risk involving the sister? I can't think of a single logical reason to take that risk. She has kids. And if she was involved, why wouldn't she also have legal representation?

I don't believe that we have heard the real story about this flight back to Florida to clear out a storage unit and then a flight back to Utah. The cost of the flight alone would have probably paid for a few months of the rent for a storage unit. JMO

The only explanation that makes perfect sense it that they broke up. He then decided to reconcile. Flying home just to help his Dad move stuff makes no sense at all. Until we have some proof otherwise I am assuming he flew home, and since they broke up, he put her stuff into storage.

I have a personal opinion on the whereabouts of BL. ...
I believe BL killed himself in the Reserve...
I really hope you are wrong on this. I think this would be the worst possible outcome. To take the coward way out. I hope he is found alive so that he may have to live the rest of his days living with knowing what he has done - if he is found guilty of course. MOO IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734