Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, checking back through over a few points:

Gabby's van was found at the Laundrie's home on Sept 11th, the day her mother filed the missing person's report. So Gabby's mother filed a missing person's report, the police went to the Laundrie home and saw Gabby's van in the driveway.
The camper van was located at the home of her boyfriend's parents in North Port, Florida on the weekend of September 11, the day Gabrielle's mother reported her missing.
Gabby Petito disappearance: Van found at boyfriend's North Port family home

I can't find any information on what dates Gabby's parents called and texted the Laundries. It was most likely after August 30 and before the missing person's report was filed on September 11. IMO
"Gabby's mother Nicole Schmidt told DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview that on September 10 she reached out to Brian and his mother Roberta Laundrie trying to reach her daughter after she had not heard from Gabby since August 25.

'I texted Brian's mom that I was trying to get in touch with Gabby. I also texted Brian. I got no replies,' Schmidt said.

'I knew something was wrong,' she said. 'I felt something was off and I needed to get her reported missing immediately.'

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

Maybe LE/FBI struck a deal with CL for info on BL's location. No charges for aiding & abetting if he points them in the right direction. I think he might have struck a deal.
The agreement was no media around when "found."

Yes and it is actually a win win for the FL LE also who have spent $$$ millions using those big searching machines for weeks - they wouldn’t look quite as foolish if BL finally turns up there ….. even though I have seen it written so many times that there is no way he could have survived for there all these weeks. I don’t think that is in dispute correct ? So IMO and this is ALL MOO some deal was made that would help the Laundry family and LE image both.

And it may be a win win win for BL also who will then be seen as a real outdoorsman. All MOO.

Didn’t JP apologize to Cassie on dr. Phil? I thought it was over that supposed phone call. As others have stated, we do not know definitively who phoned or texted whom as it has not been verified.
He (JP) did apologize on his very first Dr. Phil appearance and I thought that was a good move.

If you've never sat through an official FBI interview I don't know how you can say you would completely ignore what they said to you and turn around and start talking to the press - knowing you are going to get an angry call from the FBI as soon as it airs. Ask yourself if you really would disregard what FBI agents asked of you in the middle of a homicide investigation.
Are you saying that from experience? I knew they wouldn't be happy but was really wondering just how the FBI reacted to Cassie's interview.

Maybe he's going out for donuts or LE told him, "OK. You put in an appearance. Go home."
MOO

Generously maybe they identified something and wanted to see if CL believed it could have been made by BL? And it was easy enough to say, yes, that's how BL makes campfires or no, that's not how BL ever hangs a hammock. I don't know if people have such strong signatures in camping that this would actually be a useful exercise but it could also be an opportunity to try to talk to the dad alone and have the dad see with his own eyes the terrain BL is facing to maybe get him to help more.

Because the mom said she didn’t know where the KIDS were. That should have clued the Laundries in to the face that something was seriously wrong.

And I have pointed out many times that that could have been when BL's parents asked him what was wrong and when they may have found out their son was in a world of trouble and that nothing said to GP's parents was going to bring GP back to life. My next call isn't going to be to GP's parents or the law, but to an attorney or a travel service.

I doubt it very much. Modern humans look at "living off the land" romantically rather than realistically. It is not easy to find food other than a grocery store. Especially if you are a city boy like BL. If he is not willing to eat insects and carrion, and to drink filthy water, he will not be able to "live off the land". BL is a modern American, raised on Long Island, who ate food purchased at grocery stores and sat at the dinner table in a climate controlled home, wearing clothing purchased at department stores, etc. He could not "live off the land". He would slowly starve to death, as would you or I if we were to try. Look up Chris McCandless and the book "Into the Wild" for an example of what happens to a modern American who tries to "live off the land".

<modsnip> I grew up in poverty. We had no shelter a lot of the time. I know a thing or two about living off the land. It's not romantic and I assure you I and most others didn't starve to death. When it's do it or die - you really don't have option and you figure it out. Survival instincts are strong.
That's not to say EVERYONE would be successful but to dismiss it as a possibility is short sighted and foolish IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Former Miami-Dade homicide detective Pat Diaz speculated that Chris Laundrie was perhaps asked to help identify Brian's belongings found at the campsite.

Diaz said he doesn't believe investigators would have asked a suspect's family to help with a search.

"They may have found stuff in the reserve for the father to identify," he told Fox News. "Not a body, but belongings."
Laundrie's sis says he did fly home to Florida after fight with Gabby in Utah

The FBI is really hindering my nosiness about where CL is going. Haha! They stopped at a stop sign with the media behind him & let CL keep going. They just stayed at the stop sign & kept them from moving. Like I said…really hindering my nosiness haha!

Former Miami-Dade homicide detective Pat Diaz speculated that Chris Laundrie was perhaps asked to help identify Brian's belongings found at the campsite.

Diaz said he doesn't believe investigators would have asked a suspect's family to help with a search.

"They may have found stuff in the reserve for the father to identify," he told Fox News. "Not a body, but belongings."
Laundrie's sis says he did fly home to Florida after fight with Gabby in Utah
Wouldn't they have that evidence down at police headquarters? Why drag them through a possible crime scene?

I agree.
The dude feeding this frenzy is a REAL ESTATE attorney.

I say look at every For Sale, Rental, Time Share, Foreclosure, Under Construction property...
anything even remotely associated with SB in the last... 20 years. jmo

Good point. I think Orlando is oversaturated with properties. Lots of empty condos. I might be wrong, but that's what I've heard.

Not from me. MOO
Me either. Not until he leads the FBI to BL himself -- that would do it for me.
And one more thing: I think someone needs to check the kool-aid their attorney is drinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste