Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that a snapshot of a smiling CL means that he isn't devastated.
There's another photo of CL from today in which he looks very sad, downcast, and angry.
The Ls have made a huge mess of the situation it seems, but people do smile, even when the situation is horrible and they have lost loved ones.
IDK.
People smile when they interact with other people.
I think CL's smile is encouraging in that the FBI is making him feel comfortable under duress.
I hope he starts to trust the FBI and will now be more forthcoming.

If any of that happened, the cause of death would be put as unknown. Homicide has to have direct evidence of a crime. A broken neck is not evidence of a crime. A fractures skull is not enough. But lets say that you find a dagger sticking out of the back of a person, then you got homicide. A person can survive days out in the wild, before dying.

What if BL did not know she was dead at this time? The problem with have zero evidence and a whole bunch of speculation is false assumptions.

You assume he killed her, you assume he fled.

But the evidence clearly shows something different.
1. MOO I think your definition of homicide isn't quite accurate.

What's the difference between homicide, murder and manslaughter? - Murphy Law Office

2. What evidence clearly shows something different? What evidence? Where is a link?

"Petito said he wants Laundrie to be held accountable for whatever part he played in Gabby’s disappearance, along with his family for protecting him."

"I hope they get what’s coming, and that includes his folks,” Joseph Petito said. “Because I’ll tell you, right now, they are just as complicit, in my book.”

FBI: Coroner Identifies Remains as Gabby Petito

Honestly I'm not convinced that the 8/30 text actually occurred because the "last text" specified on the hard drive search warrant was the "stan" text on 8/27. I can't help but think the 8/30 text was a pretense just to get the case moving. And they did not bring it up again. JMO
Pretense? Gabby's mother reported receiving it. Clearly Gabby didn't reach CA, so she didn't send it. Brian was the only other person who had access to her phone. (And if he used her bank card and vehicle, it's not a stretch that he used her phone.) I don't understand why it isn't being emphasized more, but maybe LE wants to keep it under wraps. I think he sent it to buy himself more time, which clearly worked.

Add to that...I recall BL telling the police at the Moab stop that GP was having issued with the bugs--I think he said flies. When reading some ratings on Spread Creek Campground, I saw a few comments relating to mosquitos--lots of mosquitos they said. Not getting along, and add getting eaten alive by mosquitos. And being wet and cold after walking across that creek to set up camp. So sad...
Late August is getting too cold for mosquitoes in the Tetons, IMO, evening and nighttime especially.

Gets odder and odder astonishing he can be walking smiling and well acting normal
Gets odder and odder astonishing he can be walking smiling and well acting normal

Yea I agree, but Id alsowould like to see how he was the whole time to get a better feel on his demeanor. This blurb could be completely out of context and was no doubt chosen to use because he seems a bit animated. Does that make sense?

1. MOO I think your definition of homicide isn't quite accurate.

What's the difference between homicide, murder and manslaughter? - Murphy Law Office

2. What evidence clearly shows something different? What evidence? Where is a link?

"Petito said he wants Laundrie to be held accountable for whatever part he played in Gabby’s disappearance, along with his family for protecting him."

"I hope they get what’s coming, and that includes his folks,” Joseph Petito said. “Because I’ll tell you, right now, they are just as complicit, in my book.”

FBI: Coroner Identifies Remains as Gabby Petito
Yes, even I know, and I'm not a lawyer, that premeditation can be formed in an instant.

Have been mulling the "what happened" around for a while, reading others' thoughts. Here's what I think FWIW. I do think GP and BL had another argument, likely at the site where she was found. And I think that BL may have shoved her, she fell and her head hit a rock with enough force to cause skull fracture/death. Or, he grabbed her by her hair and jerked her hard enough to break her neck.

Either of these scenarios would be enough to call her death homicide because it would be unlikely she did either to herself. But not enough evidence to say it's murder, because either could have happened with no intent to actually cause harm. And BL on the run because he is sure no one will believe him, which is highly probable.
Serious question, is there a good reason that we are not considering that others could be involved?

I realize we are confined here to discuss only Brian, as a person of interest and indicted on a debit card charge.

But as a forum based on justice for Gabby, is it possible to consider and theorize that the ultimate finding of justice might include OTHERS that we are either unaware of or only allowed to poke around the edges of? Opinions only, within the guidelines?

This case doesn't seem nearly as weird to me, if Brian is innocent or in witness protection. And yes, I get how very unlikely that is, but if either of those IS the case, this situation makes perfect sense, to me. Moo!!!

Otherwise, yes, if he is guilty it is quite the square peg in a round hole. IMO! KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) or not, it sure is unusual. IMO, JMO, MOO-sometimes outloud.

Per SB the attorney for BL it was paid out of GPs account.

Moo....BL said he didn't have the money for a hotel room. I think if he had ask GP for HER card to pay a hotel bill, it would have been another red flag for LE.

What I don't understand, if BL had money of his own, why didn't he have his own checking account? He worked at Publix per the media.

At anytime GP and BL could have added BLs name to GPs account or opened a joint account. I believe it was GPs money.

Moo....
I think he said he had no money so they wouldnt split them up!

If any of that happened, the cause of death would be put as unknown. Homicide has to have direct evidence of a crime. A broken neck is not evidence of a crime. A fractures skull is not enough. But lets say that you find a dagger sticking out of the back of a person, then you got homicide. A person can survive days out in the wild, before dying.

What if BL did not know she was dead at this time? The problem with have zero evidence and a whole bunch of speculation is false assumptions.

You assume he killed her, you assume he fled.

But the evidence clearly shows something different.

Cause of death and manner of death are two different things. GPs' manner of death is listed as homicide. Cause of death has not been revealed.

How would you feel about the Laundries if they had held a press conference after Gabby went missing and personally announced fear for their future daughter-in-law's well being and assured LE they would do everything to assist them in locating the dear girl who had resided with them for 2 years? If they said, they understood the Petito's fear and grief as they too were suffering with the absence of someone their family had grown to know and love?
They would have been able to maintain silence about the facts of the case, but still manage to appear pained, human, compassionate and willing to help.
They did NOT do this and it was their lawyer's fault. A better lawyer would have instructed them to show their humanity, but remain within the bounds. He's done his client's and this case a great disservice.
MOO
I’ve thought from the jump of all this that if they would have just done that or even only said where Brian last saw her (still not discussing case details & then they don’t come off as cruel), they could have avoided a lot of all this. By all this I mean the media being camped outside their house & being completely raked over the coals by the media & social media. That’s JMO, but I truly believe that.

True. And it probably was a card for an account in her name. Probably. But what the lawyer actually said could have meant "he used the card X gave to her for emergencies. It was for her use so it was her card, not his." Good attorneys do choose their words carefully, after all. And it does seem odd (to me) her name wasn't in the warrant.
JMO

I have a little personal experience with using funds after the account holder dies.

My BF was POA for her sister, for what was to be a short rehab stay. Her sister died unexpectedly. BF paid the balance of funeral expenses on sister debit card. The morning of the funeral, we get a call, the bank had reversed the transaction, as fraudulent charge.

We called the bank and were informed POA ends at death and the funds were considered stolen. Lucky, it's a small town and the bank knew them both and no charges were filed.

No one can use funds from a persons account after death, even with a will, even with prior permission.

I image the bank is who filed the charge.

Moo...

Pretense? Gabby's mother reported receiving it. Clearly Gabby didn't reach CA, so she didn't send it. Brian was the only other person who had access to her phone. I don't understand why it isn't being emphasized more, but maybe LE wants to keep it under wraps. I think he sent it to buy himself more time, which clearly worked.
My point is maybe the 8/27 text was not enough to get LE involved and take them seriously. It was never heard of again and all the media replaced it as the last text from Gabby's phone.

I do not remember who stated that could be bunker in the back yard. In MOO that looks to be a homemade fire pit. Florida houses do not come with basements .

Has anyone discussed Ashleigh Banfield’s incredible find last night?

Ashleigh Banfield is a long time legal analyst. I don’t believe she is a licensed attorney but IMO she has clearly displayed that she has learned quite a lot on the job. MOO.

Please stick with me here.

The Mustang Abandoned Vehicle Report is here: https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445796327397416960

In order to be classified as abandoned, it seems quite clear that the vehicle must first be present at the location for 5 days:

Sec. 42-56. - Findings.

(c) The Florida Legislature … has prescribed procedures which may be followed by municipalities for the proper removal and disposal of abandoned and unlawfully parked vehicles.
(d) The city commission of the City of North Port, Florida, finds that the amendment of its existing ordinance provisions … consistent with state law...

Sec. 42-57. - Definitions.

Abandoned vehicle. …Vehicles on public property … which have been left for a period of five days or longer shall be presumed to be abandoned.

Sec. 42-58. - Abandonment prohibited.

It shall be unlawful for any person to abandon any vehicle upon public property within the corporate limits of the City of North Port, Florida. Any vehicle … left upon public property for a period of five days or longer shall be presumed to be abandoned…

Municode Library

The incident was written up on Tuesday, September 14, 2021. Going backwards, here is where we land:

Day 5: Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Day 4: Monday, September 13, 2021
Day 3: Sunday, September 12, 2021
Day 2: Saturday, September 11, 2021
Day 1: Friday, September 10, 2021

BL had been gone for days, maybe since the camping trip. This is MOO. But, unless LE made an error in issuing this incident report, LE and the FBI know that the Laundrie timeline is untrue. MOO

Edit: Note it could be possible that 9/14/2021 was Day 4 with 9/15 being planned date for tow. This would put the first date that vehicle was "noticed" at the Reserve at Saturday, September 11, 2021, as opposed to Friday. Still way ahead of the Laundrie's first claimed timeline and second revised timeline. MOO

Last edited:
Yea designated does imply that, I understood it to mean there were other places cleared out as opposed to the this looks like just a wide spot in the road, where the van was parked. MOO

from Bridger-Teton National Forest - Dispersed Camping Areas (Undeveloped Campground)

What is Dispersed Camping?
Dispersed camping is the term used for camping anywhere in the National Forest OUTSIDE of a designated campground. Dispersed camping means no services; such as trash removal, and little or no facilities; such as tables and fire pits, are provided. Some popular dispersed camping areas may have toilets.There are extra responsibilities and skills that are necessary for dispersed camping. It is your responsibility to know the camping rules and regulations to make your experience safe, and to keep the natural resources scenic and unspoiled for other campers.

Yep, so they could have pitched their tent anywhere. And we don't know where the tent ended up because maybe he disposed of it, maybe not, but either way the tent might be more important evidence than the van itself.
IMO

Serious question, is there a good reason that we are not considering that others could be involved?

I realize we are confined here to discuss only Brian, as a person of interest and indicted on a debit card charge.

But as a forum based on justice for Gabby, is it possible to consider and theorize that the ultimate finding of justice might include OTHERS that we are either unaware of or only allowed to poke around the edges of? Opinions only, within the guidelines?

This case doesn't seem nearly as weird to me, if Brian is innocent or in witness protection. And yes, I get how very unlikely that is, but if either of those IS the case, this situation makes perfect sense, to me. Moo!!!

Otherwise, yes, if he is guilty it is quite the square peg in a round hole. IMO! KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) or not, it sure is unusual. IMO, JMO, MOO-sometimes outloud.
Because the persons closest to the victims have to be ruled out first before LE expands their circle. Brian using her card and vehicle and then going on the run doesn't enable them to rule him out as a suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez