Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to keep up with all the thoughts here. I would like to chime in with mine. I live in Los Angeles. If he made it here. It’s huge. You can so easily be on the run, and still have access to food pantries, couch surfing, showers, clothing etc etc etc. And no one would even question. For all I know he could be trading art for food, or a couch for the night on Venice Beach and no one would blink an eye. Or recognize most likely. There are so many guys here that look exactly the same. I don’t think he is off camping in some park somewhere practicing survival skills. Just my opinion again.

I’ve always thought if I were BL, I would go to LA for all the reasons you said.
MOO

Highlights from today’s North Port Police interview:
-police are “working to figure out” how Laundrie vanished and say “no investigation is perfect.”
-nothing related to Brian has been found in the swamp.
-they are calling circumstances around parents story “a lot of oddness.”

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1446647234477633538?s=21
I just don’t understand why LE focused so heavily on the reserve if absolutely nothing has been found. I don’t believe, I can’t believe, that they searched as extensively as they did solely because the Laundries said that’s where he went. They are not to be believed! IMO.
The Laundries have bought BL so much lead time and my fear is that they will never be held accountable. BL must be found so they can all go down together. That is my hope.

Last edited:
So I’m thinking, if I’m BL’s parents and my kid contacts me on his way home, in a van, distressed because he says he accidentally killed his girlfriend during an argument, or she took off and he just found her dead in the woods, or whatever dumb story a guy that age might concoct…

…and I’m smart/awful enough to immediately lawyer my kid up, deflect the girl’s parents, keep LE at arm’s length for days, etc…

…I’m probably also looking for a way to get my kid out of the area, long before the girl’s body turns up, and long before LE knows he’s on the run. I’m probably getting together as much cash as I can without attracting attention (cash back from normal purchases? Maybe I keep some in my home?), and I’m looking to get him into some crowded or rural location where he can lay low, throw on a hat and mask when he needs to restock his supply of baked beans and peanut butter at the Dollar General, and stretch that money to last until the heat dies down a bit.

And I’ll probably mess up eventually by making contact with him, or he’ll mess up by getting lonely or bored and venturing too far from hiding in plain sight, and he’ll get caught.

MOO
Oh yeah.

I'm wondering if people outside of social media are as tuned in to this situation/case. It has blown up on social media, but there are still a lot of people who don't follow social media that closely. All that to say that it might be a lot easier for him to travel/exist just on the edge of society. Dodging into a convenience store for a granola bar, into a truck stop for a paid shower, etc.

MOO

I think this is absolutely true. In my experience, other people around me are generally aware in the sense that they have heard of the case, but nobody else is paying attention to the extent we here are. They aren't on the lookout, so to speak. IMO, given this and his ordinary appearance, BL could hide in random towns indefinitely as long as he stayed off the grid.

However, I still believe he must be in the reserve given all the FBI interest there. MOO

Last edited:
What's really messed up is that BL hasn't broken down mentally or emotionally and turned himself in. It's been weeks and he hasn't caved in yet.

If he hasn't met some kind of terrible fate or done himself in, who would have ever known BL could be this cold and evasive?

I especially like this one: Florida police say no phones found in Gabby Petito’s van, no campsite found considering the van was in the Laundries sole custody for 11+ days.

I almost feel like telling the NPPD "Thanks, Captain Obvious."
I feel like they failed GP and her family in so many ways. And I know that’s not entirely fair because there are legal constraints, but it just makes me angry that they couldn’t have done more to keep BL in their sights. I hate that he has essentially, for now, gotten away with murder.

Two things I'd like to know but don't and probably never will:

What was Gabby wearing at Merry Piglets and was she wearing the same clothes when she was found? (Because I think this happened on the 27th, MOO) and

Who sat next to Brian on either leg of that SLC ---> TPA flight and what if anything may they offer?

MOO

I’ve always thought if I were BL, I would go to LA for all the reasons you said.
MOO
Right? It’s been on my mind for days, reviewing these posts. But the point is he would have had some kind of means to get here before GP’s body discovery and I guess leaving the car. So again just conjecture. But I really don’t think he is is filtering stream water and and in a tent in a small area. He would have been found at this point. Again just my own opinion.

I feel like they failed GP and her family in so many ways. And I know that’s not entirely fair because there are legal constraints, but it just makes me angry that they couldn’t have done more to keep BL in their sights. I hate that he has essentially, for now, gotten away with murder.

That’s what stands out to me from the Twitter link someone posted a few minutes ago, with the interview by Brian E. & local LE. You get the sense that LE is taken aback that they trusted the attorney and parents when they said BL was at home, and now they aren’t sure if they actually had him under surveillance at all, or just were watching his parents’ house, assuming he was inside. MOO

My post was a response to another member's post questioning taking everything the parents say as fact. Unless they have some information we don't, it hasn't yet been established this was a murder. (I deleted my comment because when I wrote it, I hadn't yet read the moderators instruction that DV is not to be discussed. Oops!)

If you are saying the manner of Gabby's death was not a murder then, perhaps you are unaware her death has been ruled a Homicide by the Coroner. A homicide is the unlawful killing of one person by another. Otherwise, if your post was misunderstood, I extend my apologies.

Gabby Petito's remains confirmed, and manner of death was homicide, coroner determines
  • Gabby Petito's remains confirmed, and manner of death was homicide, coroner determines
Sept. 22, 2021

Petito's remains were found Sunday at a campground in Bridger-Teton National Forest, near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

Investigators are committed to making sure anyone involved in Petito's death "is held accountable for their actions," Michael Schneider, special agent in charge of the FBI's Denver office, said Tuesday.

"Mr. Brian Laundrie has been named a person of interest," Schneider said.

@Lillymac This link has one photo that shows the trees and the cross with the creek in the background that I had not seen before for I, too, have spent hours searching for photos of the WY Crime Scene.
Harrowing Gabby crime scene pics from camp where body found are revealed

This just feels surreal at this point. Are we absolutely sure the FBI is actively searching for him? I know that is a stupid question but this is just so odd, feels so off from the norm. Can you think of any reason the public would be mislead about this? All of the fruitless searching in the reserve, LE allowing him to slip away. Maybe I need to back off from the case for a bit, but this search has never seemed like any other search I can remember. JMO, MOO

This just feels surreal at this point. Are we absolutely sure the FBI is actively searching for him? I know that is a stupid question but this is just so odd, feels so off from the norm. Can you think of any reason the public would be mislead about this? All of the fruitless searching in the reserve, LE allowing him to slip away. Maybe I need to back off from the case for a bit, but this search has never seemed like any other search I can remember. JMO, MOO

What doesn't add up to me is the sheer volume of attention this case has gotten yet NO ONE has seen BL at all in almost a month! How?

*edit to add: no one meaning no legit proof of sightings etc.

I think this is absolutely true. In my experience, other people around me are generally aware in the sense that they have heard of the case, but nobody else is paying attention to the extent we here are. They aren't on the lookout, so to speak. IMO, given this and his ordinary appearance, BL could hide in random towns indefinitely as long as he stayed off the grid.

However, I still believe her must be in the reserve given all the FBI interest there. MOO

In a random sample of all the people in my office, I'd say less than 10% are vaguely aware of the case, and the rest wouldn't even know what I was talking about. Most people are too busy in their regular lives to follow cases this closely and/or have no interest in doing so. jmo

I just don’t understand why LE focused so heavily on the reserve if absolutely nothing has been found. I don’t believe, I can’t believe, that they searched as extensively as they did solely because the Laundries said that’s where he went. They are not to be believed! IMO.
The Laundries have bought BL so much less time and my fear is that they will never be held accountable. BL must be found so they can all go down together. That is my hope.
I know they had to search it but they went so above and beyond that I can't shake the feeling they had something. Whether it was off a trail cam or something to do with the location of his old phone. It just seemed that they were looking for something specific after it seemed clear that they were no longer looking for "him" there. MOO

It just seemed to me it happened all so quickly. They found her and then nothing else was reported that I saw. It seemed the coroner left quickly with her. I don't know and that's why I'm asking those questions. In other cases the crime scene in usually searched and worked for days. And maybe this was and I just missed it.

I thought the coroner returned the next day but I cannot find that detail, if it happened. However, I did find this interview:

Jennifer Shen, retired San Diego Police Department Crime Laboratory Director, has given her opinion on why her full autopsy results are yet to be released.

In an exclusive interview with The Sun, she said: "The death was referred to as a homicide very quickly after her body was found.

"This generally indicates the cause of death was pretty apparent to those that found her.

"I would assume there was visible trauma consistent with some kind of attack (i.e. gunshot wounds, knife wounds, obvious signs of strangulation etc.).

"The official cause of death and the autopsy report will likely take weeks to release.

"There are many in-depth toxicological tests that are completed to be thorough and to provide any and all information her body has to offer."

Gabby Petito's autopsy 'to reveal visible signs of trauma from attack'

What's really messed up is that BL hasn't broken down mentally or emotionally and turned himself in. It's been weeks and he hasn't caved in yet.

If he hasn't met some kind of terrible fate or done himself in, who would have ever known BL could be this cold and evasive?
Big, big IF here, but if the guy near the TN/NC (white truck) was BL - it sounds like he's broken with reality a bit (MOO!!). My other thought on that side of the road wave down (I've mentioned it here before) is that it was him and he was trying to build an alibi based on the fact that HE thinks she's alive and she's in California. If memory serves me, he disappeared before she was found dead. MOO - if he ever shows up alive he will claim he had no social media contact/news and just assumed she had carried through with her plans to go to California.

My own observations:
The media has been camped out at the Laundrie home neighborhood for weeks now. The viewing public has seen a few glimpses of both of the parents as they exit and return to their home. I haven't seen either of them look despondent, worried, or grief-stricken in my views. I do not see embarrassment or shame either.
Heck, I don't even see anger and frustration at the situation on their front lawn!
What I see is duty, and a perceived toughness.
I see a huge void of natural/normal emotions.

Apple/Tree anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member