Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Mexico: If the FBI thinks there is a chance BL is in Mexico perhaps they will delay charging him with murder. If the death penalty is a possibility Mexico will not extradite him.
P.S. I have lived in Mexico several times. Outside of tourist areas I stuck out like a sore thumb and attracted a lot of curious attention. Lots of Mexicans approached me, wanting to practice their English with me. BL would have a heavy American accent like me.

I don't think the death penalty is going to be in play. There is not a single man on federal death row for the <modsnip> strangulation murder of a girlfriend or wife.

List of Federal Death-Row Prisoners | Death Penalty Information Center

Last edited by a moderator:
The things being left on the Laudries lawn are not to honor Gabby.
They are intended to harass the Laundries.
Then the "protesters" squeal when the Laundries try to clean up the mess that the L's are being disrespectful towards Gabby.
Several of the "protesters" have been identified as SM clout chasers.
Their end game is only publicity and more followers for themselves.
Those people don't care about Gabby and they are doing terrible things in her name.
Targeting the Laundries for abuse does nothing to find BL and it certainly isn't going to make the Laundries soften.
AFAIK the L's are not cooperating, with CL going out to search with LE.
jmho
i agree that some of the neighbors are doing things just for spite but i also believe some are being lead by their heart and are upset over the senseless death of a young girl . If you dont want people Judgeing the Laundries then maybe you shouldnt judge the neighbors, we dont know what is in their hearts. As for CL "helping" with the search I say thats a little late in the game and its not like he got down and dirty searching he went out for a hour or so and came right back home, he put more effort into cutting his grass then he did searching for his son IMO!

Last edited:
Great points! I also find BL's Chuck Palahniuk book devotion obsessive. Not in a good way. those books are in so much of his SM and most of his art. I have never read those books but it looks TO ME like it was an obsession and I wonder why? What part of those books would appeal to him, to the point where they are reading those books aloud to each other? I had a feeling those books were BL's and not Gabby's, yet she is pictured with them too, probably at the behest of BL. They do not seem like the type of book she (or say a young woman of her age and background) would have gravitated towards without BL's influence. So I wonder what about them is the hook for BL. SO interesting that the author lives in the Portland area. Does LE know this? Are they keeping eyes on Portland? Is the author aware of all this?

I agree, major fanboy thing there - you can see it on his SM.
I don't believe BL is in the swamp either, but I think he was there for a day, maybe 2, disposing of things like phones.

Also agree about the camping trip. It sounded to me like a goodbye party too. It's interesting to think BL may have confessed to his parents because of his favorite author's philosophy about confession. I wouldn't doubt it. And he may have left directly from that camping trip to where ever he is now.

BL might not be found for years. I think the planning took place that first week he was back and totally sheltered by M&D.

JMO and agreement.

Young women (and girls) read Palahniuk. And not just at the behest of a man. Women in same-sex relationships read Palahniuk too. Older men, older women read him too. He's too dark for many people, but his following is diverse and loyal.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit I am considering the possibility the Laundries could be cooperating with the FBI now behind closed doors.

MOO

It’s possible. Although the comment you replied to said the parents could be begging the FBI to keep looking there… but I’m wondering if they are and he isn’t even there! Like begging them to search there to keep the focus there. I do wish the parents would start cooperating in full before BL hurts someone else.

I can't imagine how that would make a guy feel. I think the ones I know would drop the girl...fast. She should have stopped her dad the first time he said that to any young man who was pursuing her. Just my opinion.

I agree…….it really bothered me that her dad did that. Very disrespectful to Brian AND Gabby. MOO

Was there ever a final consensus on the phone buying trip? Did that happen on Sept 4 or Sept 14? Because dependent on that date, that's a good jumping off point for an outside source to when Brian was last seen.

I just don't think it's funny. It is bullyish. It is meant to intimidate. jmo
Aw cady, you are right on all three counts. But there are some fathers who will bully, intimidate and not for fun ~ because it is their opinion that they should weed out all of the weak suitors and protect their precious daughters from anyone who is not deserving. Back in the day, it was considered their responsibility. So please don't go too hard on him. He obviously loved her and was trying to do his best by her. I bet she knew that.

Was there ever a final consensus on the phone buying trip? Did that happen on Sept 4 or Sept 14? Because dependent on that date, that's a good jumping off point for an outside source to when Brian was last seen.

He disappeared on the 13th so the phone buying trip had to be the 4th. There are links somewhere previous in this thread.

He disappeared on the 13th so the phone buying trip had to be the 4th. There are links somewhere previous in this thread.
I've gone to read on MSM and I'm even more confused than I was before. Some places say he went out on the 4th, some say the 14th and some say he went out on both dates. Argh. I don't believe his parents, so I'm looking for some outside proof of when Brian was last seen by someone other than his parents.

The things being left on the Laudries lawn are not to honor Gabby.
They are intended to harass the Laundries.
Then the "protesters" squeal when the Laundries try to clean up the mess that the L's are being disrespectful towards Gabby.
Several of the "protesters" have been identified as SM clout chasers.
Their end game is only publicity and more followers for themselves.
Those people don't care about Gabby and they are doing terrible things in her name.
Targeting the Laundries for abuse does nothing to find BL and it certainly isn't going to make the Laundries soften.
AFAIK the L's are not cooperating, with CL going out to search with LE.
jmho

I can just see it when there's a pic in the news of the rubbish left in the L's yard, 'See that basket to the left, that one's mine!' Giggly with glee and pride of their great accomplishment! Pathetic! o_O :mad:

Young women (and girls) read Palahniuk. And not just at the behest of a man. Women in same-sex relationships read Palahniuk too. Older men, older women read him too. He's too dark for many people, but his following is diverse and loyal.

I feel like you are asking all the right questions for this moment in the investigation. You and @Riverdoc

There could be tribal loyalists - in his mind and in real life.

I’ve read Palahniuk. I’m not a super fan or anything. But geez, IMO some people are reading waaaaaaaay too much into the whole CP thing.

eta: I’m a woman. I read him when I was in my 20’s and I’m a relatively normal person. I think….o_O

Very entertaining. There's a sense though of everyone (not just this post) trying to explain a novel they don't understand in terms that that they do - usually of course based on their own prejudices. It is possible to run such an analysis on just about every human being on earth and the psychological report wouldn't look any prettier. We're all picking a tenuous way through madness. I see outbursts of emotion even on a site like this, which is supposed to be dispassionate and cerebral, and wonder how such hyper-emotional people manage to get through the day, never mind through life. Bad luck is sometimes all it takes.

To play the game... I don't see Brian as a kind of incel character. He had it good - too good to handle perhaps. Something said or done in the course of this trip obviously jeopardised his beautiful life and world - probably only in his own mind. A bit of perspective is all it takes to keep in control - they should teach it in schools. Unfortunately, the idiot didn't realise she was fragile as a butterfly.

I still have that large gap of time when BL went back to florida and GP stayed in town in a hotel. Surely she was the more adventuresome type, I can not see her sitting in some hotel for however many days that was with all the small town life to go investigate and see, people to meet. Outgoing type.

Then BL returns, some point they are publicly seen arguing, next thing you know the van is caught on video in the reserve.

i agree that some of the neighbors are doing things just for spite but i also believe some are being lead by their heart and are upset over the senseless death of a young girl . If you dont want people Judgeing the Laundries then maybe you shouldnt judge the neighbors, we dont know what is in their hearts. As for CL "helping" with the search I say thats a little late in the game and its not like he got down and dirty searching he went out for a hour or so and came right back home, he put more effort into cutting his grass then he did searching for his son IMO!
I said nothing about the L's neighbors!
It's seems pretty clear that they don't care for the Laundries as they are selling access to their properties to the media.
I just don't see the harassment as accomplishing anything helpful to the case.

I can't imagine how that would make a guy feel. I think the ones I know would drop the girl...fast. She should have stopped her dad the first time he said that to any young man who was pursuing her. Just my opinion.

If a "guy". drops a girl over something like this, he's not grown up enough to be in a man-woman relationship.

Men do not always "pursue". women. Sometimes relationships involve mutual attraction and sometimes (often, IME), women pursue. men.

I. don't know how I ever. would have stopped my dad from anything, except by moving out entirely on my own, going low contact, not having Dad pay for leases or help buy vans for Van Life trips...

Many dads are like that. And many young women find their dads hard to control, in this mild regard.

All MOO.
1. If BL is in the reserve, he’s dead.
2. If BL is alive, he went west.
3. Not a fan of intimidation on any level.
4. True anxiety is crippling without medication.
5. Your choice of reading material does not turn you into a killer.
6. Your choice of artwork does not make you a killer.
7. Peaceful protesting is a great thing. Protesting to get more clicks isn’t so great.
8. I feel we might know 1% of what the FBI knows. Therefore, I can’t make any judgments about BL’s parents. We don’t know when or what he told them.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member