Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It Gabby lived at the condo, why was North Port PD the police dept in charge if she never lived at the Laundrie’s house? Why is there a memorial being built in North Port if she didn’t live there? None of this makes sense.
Excellent question. My guess is they kept the parents address as permanent in FL? jmo

Most condos in Florida have storage either inside or on the porch of the condo. This is so owners can store personal property there that renters can't access. If Venice is a tourist or snowbird area, condos are often bought as rentals and furnishings are included in the sale unless specified. If it isn't cleaned out by the deadline, you have to pay the rental fees to the new owners. This can run about $150 dollars a day, depending on the rental fee. The only reason I know this is because a friend of mine had to pay $1,500 for a 7 day extension because her new house wasn't ready (and she sold hers furnished, but couldn't move her personal stuff). I'm sure it varies by state, but I know this is pretty typical in Florida. So it would have been significantly more expensive than a regular storage unit.
MOO
Thank you, this is very informative! So that does suggest it was possible (contrary to my assumption) that flying home to empty it out could have been cheaper than extending it, after all. Regional differences are absolutely fascinating (eg., pools in greenhouses in FL because of alligators!). This is not something I would have understood without your help. Thanks again.

If B and G really did live together in a Laundrie-owned condo prior to their van life trip, I wonder why it was never mentioned that they did not in fact live with the Laundries? Not by Gabby’s family or by Cassie or anyone but Rose? It seems IMO to be a relevant piece of information.

Of course the Petito/Schmidt families should only share what they wish with us, because it’s not our business, but it does seem to put the backstory of B and G in a different light.

If it’s even true. For one, I see LOTS of plastic and other no-no’s in the 20 posted condo pictures, if that is where B and G lived. For another, I can’t shake my feeling about Rose. To me she seems to insert herself into the story a lot. Now she claims she fears for her safety if Brian is on the run, and also that she has a stalker.

But maybe I’m completely in the wrong and she’s a vitally important source of information.

I’ve no idea.

I’d need to hear it from a source other than Rose, honestly. And with all of the backlash the Laundries are getting because they seem like they could not care less that a member of their household was missing and then murdered, you’d think the lawyer would be like “she never even lived at this house!”

I just read these last two pages to my husband, and he said to me "weren't Gabby's things missing?"

I made the comment, "I still think there was some type of blow up and break up and when he went back they unloaded the condo. God only knows what they did with her things."

I have my suspicions that there was a lot of communication between the two of them after he flew back to Florida, if they had broke up I think they were talking and working on getting back together. And that is why he went back.
Watch her Mom talk about the last time they FaceTimed
in this clip

https://twitter.com/garnamejiaksl/status/1437498091700060161?s=21

It Gabby lived at the condo, why was North Port PD the police dept in charge if she never lived at the Laundrie’s house? Why is there a memorial being built in North Port if she didn’t live there? None of this makes sense.
Excellent question. My guess is they kept the parents address as permanent in FL? jmo
Could be a reason she would do that. MOO
Hard to know for sure why she wouldn't tell the absolute truth. Here we are though
I guess its really not our business, but if she's gonna stick her mug out there the least she can do is tell the truth!

When did they leave on their trip? Likely they had to be out of the condo before it was listed for sale, so that could have been a month or 2 before the sale date.

Also, makes sense as to the expenses of flying back to Florida for a week. and GP staying in a hotel.
I wonder if BL having to return to Florida to empty the condo was a source of frustration between him and GP? Even though she could stay back at the hotel and work on the website, she knew she'd be left alone for a few days and was anxious about it. IMO.

Brian lived with his parents in North Port at least from September 1 when he returned from WY, so that would be why NPPD would be the ones in contact with Brian and his parents. His parents' home in North Port was apparently his official residence, at least since the sale of the condo in July. MOO.

I’d need to hear it from a source other than Rose, honestly. And with all of the backlash the Laundries are getting because they seem like they could not care less that a member of their household was missing and then murdered, you’d think the lawyer would be like “she never even lived at this house!”
She did live at the house for a year w B and Cassie and husband and kids. jmo

BBM
I forgot about this.
Powerful point!
Kinda seems like they were playing him. To give her the opportunity to flee.
Bad idea and probably not what happened. MOO

She did live at the house for a year w B and Cassie and husband and kids. jmo

She lived with Cassie and her family at the Laundrie’s current house? I thought they all lived at Cassie’s current house and then when the parents moved to FL, BL and Gabby moved in with them.

Likely they had to be out of the condo before it was listed for sale, so that could have been a month or 2 before the sale date.
The description states that the condo was "tenant occupied" (ie "renters" - presumably GP &BL? - were still occupying/"renting" the residence when it was listed on Jul 7???)

"Currently Tenant occupied this could be your Seasonal Home or investment property."

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...r-Unit-40_Venice_FL_34285_M66781-15815#photo0

Last edited:
Brian lived with his parents in North Port at least from September 1 when he returned from WY, so that would be why NPPD would be the ones in contact with Brian and his parents. His parents' home in North Port was apparently his official residence, at least since the sale of the condo in July. MOO.
Right, but why has everyone including Gabby’s parents made us all think Gabby lived with the Laundries before their trip? We’ve been told for weeks that she lived there. I guess I’ll have to reserve my opinion on the condo being their home until LE confirms it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l