Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CL found the plastic bag LE found the backpack. jmo

Did I hear correctly that Mr. Bertolino was telling Chris Cuomo that Mr. Laundrie didn't want to pick up the bag when he found it but...members of the press were present...so he grabbed the bag. As if...something or other would happen to the bag if he didn't grab it?

anyone notice when the L’s were on the trail with LE after finding the bag, The Officer was showing them something on, IMO, a phone perhaps? (RL and CL had their backs to whoever was recording.) RL, with her hands tightly holding the bag they found, CL leans in a little closer to look at what the Officer was presenting and then it’s a moment. A brief moment. But RL reaches her hand up to CL faces and appears to wipe something off his cheek and then her hand drops to wipe it on her shirt. Eyelash or tear? Whatever he was showing to the L’s and that quick tear wipe (it’s a mom wipe as I call it, with my own kids), this was a heavy moment for CL. MOO.

my first post here. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing! I’ll get there!

I'm confused by SB tonight stating to Cuomo that the parents reported BL missing to LE the SAME night he didn't return from his "hike." If true, how does this explain the "confusion" over their first report that he went hiking on the 14th and later realizing they had "misremembered" and that BL had actually left on the 13th? It doesn't make sense to me that the wrong date would be stated / publicized if the parents indeed made the report the very same day. Did this information come only from SB, or did NPPD confirm it? Does anyone else understand how the wrong date became public in view of tonight's new statement from SB? Sorry if this was already explained and I missed it. Thanks! MOO.

so brian's stuff and (possible) remains were found within same area as the mustang? The mustang that his parents removed from the scene while thinking he was in that area? I just don't get their actions. I do completely agree with what someone mentioned in the last thread, that this must have been a meet up spot pre planned or pre discussed.
I just rewatched the live coverage as we broke and father found dry bag 20 meters from trail in bramble... around the same time police found backpack according to Laundrie attourney.
Really the only thing that makes sense is that all of this was under water for nearly a month and just recently cleared. meaning those remains must have been there quite a while... all under water where they couldn't find or detect them.
so I mean he really didn't get very far after leaving... maybe he didn't even try to run..

I’ve never quite understood them taking the mustang from the reserve. I’d rather risk a ticket/tow on the vehicle than to leave him stranded out there- especially with no cell phone.

IMO it’s him and the authorities probably already know this from dental records, but it will be interesting to see if he died by suicide or a gator got him.
What a horrible and preventable tragedy their story is, two young people with their whole lives ahead both gone likely due to domestic violence. Our society needs to do better. MOO

I believe it is him and I suspect suicide.

MOO.

Wow. So yet another thing folks continually roasted the Laundries for turns out not to be true.
Spokesman for the NPPD was asked and completely shut this down. He said they were never alerted before the 17th. This is from memory, and I am not searching for it so JMO

ETA this link gives a quote from NPPD about when he went missing and when they were notified, but it is not the direct interview I had seen
Police Search For Brian Laundrie After Family Claims He Disappeared While Hiking - The Police Tribune

anyone notice when the L’s were on the trail with LE after finding the bag, The Officer was showing them something on, IMO, a phone perhaps? (RL and CL had their backs to whoever was recording.) RL, with her hands tightly holding the bag they found, CL leans in a little closer to look at what the Officer was presenting and then it’s a moment. A brief moment. But RL reaches her hand up to CL faces and appears to wipe something off his cheek and then her hand drops to wipe it on her shirt. Eyelash or tear? Whatever he was showing to the L’s and that quick tear wipe (it’s a mom wipe as I call it, with my own kids), this was a heavy moment for CL. MOO.

my first post here. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing! I’ll get there!

Welcome! I wondered if the LE was showing them a photo he had taken on his phone or something like that. A picture of the backpack, maybe. If there were remains nearby, he may not have wanted them to go look for themselves. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90