Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. They will find him today or tomorrow, and I speculate that he will be found dead. The suicide note will tell them what happened.

At this point, give all behavior, I would not expect that note to lead to gabbie. I pretty sure he does not know.
No, if there would be a note, he would claim his innocence for himself and his parents.

I found this but it isn't live.

Attorney: Brian Laundrie 'on the run' since Tuesday; FBI continues search for Gabby Petito

Snip:
After investigators met with the Laundrie family Friday night, the FBI announced it was adding Brian to their search in the missing persons case.

While at the Laundrie home Friday, the FBI and North Port Police said they removed property that may help to locate Brian. North Port police maintained they thought Brian was at the home at the time they went in, however, his family said he left days before.

I'm trying to catch up on the fast-moving threads.

These two things stand out to me:

AUGUST 13th Is this the last sighting of Gabby by the law enforcement when pulled over for speeding?
Any proof she was seen after that night by anyone or better yet a security camera?
Hotel survillence cameras?

Why did BL fly back home to Florida? Did he say they broke up temporarily?
Or had planned to fly back for another reason? Was this a planned or spur-of-the-moment trip?
If NOT planned sounds like they weren't getting along or broke up or he accidentally killed her panicked and returned home.
The date AUGUST 13th/14th stand put to me as important dates.

No. They will find him today or tomorrow, and I speculate that he will be found dead. The suicide note will tell them what happened.

At this point, give all behavior, I would not expect that note to lead to gabbie. I pretty sure he does not know.
Suicide note? Do you not believe he knows where Gabby is?

Why would LE believe anything this family says at this point? Haven’t they lied for days regarding his whereabouts? For all we know he could be in Any state on the map. IMO

I think they must have something like electronic evidence to support this. They were at his house yesterday collecting evidence that can help determine his location. He may have searched places to go or left some type of electronic trail.

I definitely don't think they would just go on the parents' word.

Could he have brought her (or a body) back to FL and *her* body could be in this park they're searching?

THIS IS A LOT OF POLICE
Agree. The FBI, Pinpointing when and where Gabby was last seen with the van is imperative and with as many tracking devices for credit cards, smart phones, and late model vehicles it seems as if this should be able to happen.

There is nothing “laid back” about BL anywhere that I have seen. He’s incredibly high strung. The cop even asks him “Are you always this hyper?”
To which he replied, that he was bipolar but unmedicated. I suspect he made that up on the spot, to explain his "hyper" state at the time police pulled them over.

But I'm surprised he managed to calm down and appear relaxed after that, even to the point of getting chummy with police, joking around, and such. IDK, but it seems to me, that only someone with a practiced manipulative nature would be capable of doing such a quick 180-degree transformation like that. I mean, come on; he must have been maxing out on adrenaline during what amounted to a police chase, with her hitting his harm to get him to slow down, then hitting a curb which forced a stop. How do you go from a high-stress state like that to relaxed and even jovial, within minutes?

Some would call such a person a con artist, just saying. It seems very unusual, considering he was so "hyper" at first, that police commented on it. JMO.

Re: barefoot hiking

I think he played it up as part of his “persona” and what he wanted people to think of him. I think he did it in places it was easy. Where there were smooth rocks, easy trails. If you stay on trail they’re usually just dirt in a lot of places and it would be easy to be barefoot. This is why I don’t think they go on the experienced hikes they claim to. Or he at least wears shoes when he does those.
i think it was just and forgive the phrase 'hippy' influence.

Not necessarily. You’re talking about a low speed limit. It’s not like he was doing 80 in a 55. I got a ticket it the other day for doing 35 in a 15 and had no clue. Plus they were arguing, when you have anxiety, things escalate quickly. They knew police were behind them, he was in an unfamiliar area, and they were arguing. all of those things escalate the anxiety and explain the speeding easily.
Penalties, at least in Utah appear to be based on the number of MPH over the speed limit. So, doing 80 in a 55 would be equal to doing 40 in a 15. His speeding and evading the law was entirely his responsibility and fault. Even the cop asked him if he was blaming Gabby for stepping on the gas pedal. They knew police were behind them. Yes, and Gabby tried to get him to stop while he sped forward illegally evading them. Point is that I certainly don't consider BL to be "laid back" as opposed to "anxious" Gabby. He was a law breaker, a liar, and he was not her friend, telling all those cops that "she is crazy", trying to mold their treatment of her and deflect attention from his own law breaking.

Speed limits are low in tourist areas for a reason, people are viewing wildlife, enjoying a slow pace. They have a right to be protected from manic drivers going 3 times the speed limit and racing away from the cops, while these tourists are snapping pics of animals or scenery.

"Penalties for a Speeding Ticket
$120 for 1 to 10 miles per hour over the limit. $150 for 11 to 15 miles per hour over the limit. $200 for 16 to 20 miles per hour over the limit. $270 for 21 to 25 miles per hour over the limit." Utah Speeding Tickets and Penalties

Last edited:
The search at the reserve on the basis that family members have told Police they think we went there earlier in the week. If this the only thing that has instigated them to search there? Could the information even be a diversion/deviation?

I can understand Brian’s parents not disclosing info about Gabby to LE last night. What I really want to know right now though is the concrete date he returned to FL with the van because surely that was something confirmed at the meeting last night.

Also, now that he’s “missing” can they get records for his phone activity?

Agree. The FBI, Pinpointing when and where Gabby was last seen with the van is imperative and with as many tracking devices for credit cards, smart phones, and late model vehicles it seems as if this should be able to happen.
Someone replied earlier that they wouldve identified cadaver evidence when they searched the van if her body had been in it, in which case he would have already been arrested since he was in possession of the van. So I know longer think that’s the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13