GUILTY WY - Jesse Speer for kidnap, rape of 10yo girl, Cody, 8 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unlikely in my opinion.

These days these filth can access their *advertiser censored* at a click of a mouse from just about anywhere.

He's carrying these photos because he took them.

My opinion only of course.

:cow:

So he can be charged with child *advertiser censored* also?

I haven't decided if he took the pics or if he downloaded them and printed. FWIW, I don't think he's killed...and he doesn't seem to fit the Denver profile. This man was not organized. In fact, it seems as if he was panicked and reactive. I think he was testing the waters, taking the step from *advertiser censored* to molestation and assault. One more point, I thought it was interesting that M has sole custody and se made sure people knew that. I live in a conservative state and joint custody is more the norm these days.

do we know about his childhood?
He seemed to have married later in life. Age 30?
Has 2 small children.
Divorsed in 2009.
Went to college.
Never had a job.
Just went straight into his photography free lance work?
What else do we know?

Has it been verified that he had child *advertiser censored*?

There's an awful lot of legal *advertiser censored* out there that looks underage.

I haven't decided if he took the pics or if he downloaded them and printed. FWIW, I don't think he's killed...and he doesn't seem to fit the Denver profile. This man was not organized. In fact, it seems as if he was panicked and reactive. I think he was testing the waters, taking the step from *advertiser censored* to molestation and assault. One more point, I thought it was interesting that M has sole custody and se made sure people knew that. I live in a conservative state and joint custody is more the norm these days.

Yes she did make a big point that she had sole custody!
And that he wasnt worth it.
And she feels he is guilty.
Love to know what she knows about him.

I can't imagine what his friends & family must be experiencing, I've never known anyone who has committed a crime like this. I think some perps are able to maintain an outwardly composed facade, while not revealing their debased thoughts & actions. But due to the surviving witness & forensic evidence, he has been brought to justice....now he'll have to face the consequences, & as a sad result, so will his family...could you imagine, if this was your father?

I read in one of his blogs that he was trying to switch to mostly black and white. I love b&w photography so I think nothing of it. Most of my landscapes are b&w.

Well done b&w photography seems to get at something beneath the surface. It's a major breakthrough in both technique and style for him. It's a real shame that we'll never get to see where that would have led him.

How does somebody with this much going for him fall apart like this? What causes somebody to crumble inside and destroy so much, this girl and his family and himself -- I just do not understand.

Well done b&w photography seems to get at something beneath the surface. It's a major breakthrough in both technique and style for him. It's a real shame that we'll never get to see where that would have led him.

How does somebody with this much going for him fall apart like this? What causes somebody to crumble inside and destroy so much, this girl and his family and himself -- I just do not understand.

and in some of his writings, (prob can't find them now) he spoke about what a great childhood he had describing some of the things he had done, learned etc...that is strange his life has resulted as it has, if that is in fact true.

IN NO WAY am I sticking up for this guy...

but it seems life stressors kept building and building, good and bad; he got divorced, lost custody of kids (wonder what type of visitation was granted); had his first book being published; seemed to be getting noticed as an artist; sometimes people feel they are unworthy of happiness/achievements.

I think he might also be a pompous a$$ and he deserves what he has coming to him.

I'm sure you have seen many cases just on WS alone carbuff that nothing seems to fit or make sense. In my mind it can just take one incident in a persons life especially in the formative ages. Some say 11 to 19 but most say 2 to 6. I'm of belief of the 2 to 6 age range, but don't rule out the older age group. I rarely excuse any crime due to up bringing but there are exceptions to the rule.

We have yet to find out anything about this .... and his early life. Again, I don't excuse it but I've always been interested in the psychological aspect of why perps commit these crimes.

Well said Carbuff.... I keep going back and looking at the photographs, and they are just beautiful! I love the Colorado, Wyoming, "Rocky Mountain" part of our great country, and his photographs captured the majesty and grandeur. I have saved the text of the interview that was done with him on June 4, 2012. I think there is a wealth of information in there (link below). The one thing that I am taking away from everything I have learned about him, is that IF he is guilty, he is going to be a miserable man in prison - NEVER seeing those breathtaking vistas, smelling the first snow fall, or feeling that cold morning air on his face again. Here are his own words from the interview:

" However, the only certainty I have is this: I have a critical need for both nature and creative expression – both of which have become inseparable and equally essential to my soul. Maybe it’s because I feel most at home in nature. I can fully express myself within the natural world, like no other place in this world. Nature is where I find the fullest expression of raw emotion and mind-blowing creativity. There is a timeless honesty to what nature gives, however temperamental it might be."

The new reality he has created for himself is going to be a new shade of black and white for him..... and it will be timeless alright.

http://dorinbofan.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/interview-with-jesse-speer/

I'm sure you have seen many cases just on WS alone carbuff that nothing seems to fit or make sense. In my mind it can just take one incident in a persons life especially in the formative ages. Some say 11 to 19 but most say 2 to 6. I'm of belief of the 2 to 6 age range, but don't rule out the older age group. I rarely excuse any crime due to up bringing but there are exceptions to the rule.

We have yet to find out anything about this .... and his early life. Again, I don't excuse it but I've always been interested in the psychological aspect of why perps commit these crimes.

No, it can't be excused or justified. But if we don't understand how it happens, how can we ever stop it?

TEAM COVERAGE - One week after the alleged abduction and sexual assault of a young Cody, Wyoming girl a captured suspect faces a judge, charges and a violated community.

Tonight: We bring you the latest in the case, how Jesse Speer allegedly eluded federal and local law enforcement for 5 days, and how officials tracked him down.

Almost a 10 minute news story detailing the story...

http://www.ktvq.com/news/q2-monday-5-30-p-m-top-story-10-15-2012/#!prettyPhoto/0/

Goodnight all, at least he was caught and I hope the truth will surface soon. IMO there will be more victims in this dark souls life.

G'night pizza, sleep well. I think I'd better do likewise, instead of staying up to all hours hoping for news...

I don't know if it's me and my suspicious nature but the quick FBI involvement, the not officially mentioning his name, and so much disappearing from the net has me wondering what the heck?

Well meaning friends or friends who do not want to be tracked back to him? Sorry, but my imagination gets the best of me. I'm thinking he did not observe child *advertiser censored* in a vacuum. I noticed that some of the commentators appeared to be from other countries. I could be way off, but like gravitate to like. This case will be interesting to watch unfold.

Perhaps this is a simple case of someone that got too deep into child *advertiser censored*, acted on impulse and the fantasies he had built up in his mind with this unfortunate victim, then got spooked when she fought back and he ran straight for home. Everything that happened after he kidnapped the victim from the library appears random, reactive, and not well organized. It's as if her knee in his face woke him up from his fantasy and he tried his best to run back to his normal life. Sometimes the simplest answer is the right answer.

There are aspects of this developing story and case that lead me to consider other scenarios with much more significant and wider ranging potential impacts, but I stay open to the simpler answer if the facts in the case lead that direction and stop there.

I watched a guy try to give his two-year-old daughter a ride on top of a buffalo that was grazing near one of the geysers...

OT - one of the guys that was gored this summer in Yellowstone was actually grabbing a Bison by the head and trying to turn his head to get a good picture. :floorlaugh: Sometimes you really have to wonder how people make it to adulthood... :waitasec:

BTW, gored guy didn't die but his crotch will never be the same...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melavista21
Back