GUILTY WY - Jesse Speer for kidnap, rape of 10yo girl, Cody, 8 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NBC Montana is reporting that his ex wife filed emergency custody papers on Monday. In the papers, she says he threatened her, punched holes in walls and doors and killed her pet cat! She apparently told the court that she was afraid of him and of what he would be capable of. She requests only phone contact w kids once weekly.

They also interview a neighbor who lived near his home in 2010 as him being just an everyday guy. Her daughter played w his son.

Www.nbcmontana.com

Why would she wait until he is arrested to do this if he has threatened her, killed the cat etc??:what:

The ex wifes blog is interesting. specifically the mention of change and July has raised the hairs on my neck. anyone else thinking along the same lines I am?

Why would she wait until he is arrested to do this if he has threatened her, killed the cat etc??:what:

FEAR

he would have been angry about it and could have retaliated agaisnt her, now she is safe because he is locked up and will be for a very long time IMO

I'm not saying he is. Just that's what it made me think of. I don't think he was having any kind of mental break when he committed the crime, but the results of it may be driving him over the edge. I hope they have him on suicide watch...

Getting arrested might put him on suicide watch, but leaving a young, raped child, dressed for summer, three miles from the nearest road ... assuming that no one else is on the mountain, knowing that she is in the midst of grizzly and wolf country, that wouldn't put him on suicide watch.

He may be concerned for himself ... and well he should be ... suicide may be the most appealing option, butt he should face the piper at least once. This clownish photographer that follows Ansel Adams plus computer photography manipulation, will only feel anxiety when it involves consequences to him.

Is he wearing the big blue paper dress?

Well done b&w photography seems to get at something beneath the surface. It's a major breakthrough in both technique and style for him. It's a real shame that we'll never get to see where that would have led him.

How does somebody with this much going for him fall apart like this? What causes somebody to crumble inside and destroy so much, this girl and his family and himself -- I just do not understand.

It would have stopped where he stopped his life. He used photoshop to enhance his pictures ... he was a photoshop photographer whose pictures were boring landscapes. He removed the red, pumped up the cyan and middled the magenta ... voila ... every monochromatic photo is ... esoteric.

What did he have going for himself? His photography business was a bust in about 2004 and he was floundering around at the age of 39 trying to get recognized by local magainzes ... or publishing his own zines. He was a nobody that feigned a life with vacations through his online garbage.

His talent is black and white isolation in nature. He claims to only feel alive in nature, yet his portrayal of nature is starved, desolate and empty. He pulls the clouds using photoshop ... and then removes the color.

Maybe he appeared to be such an upstanding, unemployed, art photographer that she was helpless to convince anyone of the contrary.

Just another lonely loser that couldn't keep up?

NBC Montana is reporting that his ex wife filed emergency custody papers on Monday. In the papers, she says he threatened her, punched holes in walls and doors and killed her pet cat! She apparently told the court that she was afraid of him and of what he would be capable of. She requests only phone contact w kids once weekly.

They also interview a neighbor who lived near his home in 2010 as him being just an everyday guy. Her daughter played w his son.

Www.nbcmontana.com

Thank goodness the children will not have to visit their father in jail ... short phone calls once a week are enough if the father is a pedophile that would abandon a young girl in an area where she would surely parish ... per the former military pilot/marine that happened to leave the mountain after the perp.

Www.nbcmontana.com

"Imo, this is indicative of the predator's rage as well as the profile, fantasies, and signature associated with Jessica Ridgeway's murder/dismemberment, etc."...

RE: she says he threatened her, punched holes in walls and doors and killed her pet cat!

Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP - Page 70 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
(snipped for focus from comment#1744 Foxfire)
Serial Killer Edmund Kemper-

Guess, one of the most interesting revelations to me was that Edmund Kemper began fantasizing at a very early age & killing cats/felines(associated with women), burying them & later digging them up. When Kemper went through puberty his mind's fantasies changed from felines to females. Since they were representative of his repressive & overbearing mother. Kemper did not want to have sex with them, but to perform sadistic sexual acts on them...both pre and post mortem..extreme control..

If he dumped her at 6, and fled town, he could have headed north into Montana My guess is that if he isn't local to the Cody area, he is heading for or already on a major interstate hwy. and heading out of WY into Montana or

You guys are really good. Wow, I'm impressed with everyone's sleuthing and working things out in real time. I've only been on Jessica's threads...I'm feeling somewhat comforted that perhaps the clues to her killer are somewhere in these threads. Because you guys are all really awesome on here.

I'm going to go back and read all Jessica's threads from the beginning.

Just another lonely loser that couldn't keep up?

Think, we are going to find out that Jesse Speer, had a much darker side, plagued with deviant behavior, that began somewhere in his teen years or before, imo.. Guess time will tell...

I wonder who else knew he killed a pet cat, if true. This is not normal behavior by any stretch and if anyone knew, that should have been a warning sign of some sort, although of course not child rape. No one makes that kind of leap.

Maybe he appeared to be such an upstanding, unemployed, art photographer that she was helpless to convince anyone of the contrary.

Bingo!

I suspect that his messed up mind was very apparent to her long before they divorced. She couldn't risk letting him have joint custody. I suspect she caught him looking at child *advertiser censored* but she might not have realized to what extent he was involved. I think that a deal was made...don't fight me on the kids and I won't go to police with what I know. As a mother, I'd deal in a heartbeat to get out with full custody of the children!

Knowing that he kills pets and looks at child *advertiser censored* may have convinced him to deal, but getting him convicted of producing or selling child *advertiser censored* or anything else is a whole lot tougher, especially when his public persona is that of a really nice guy.

I also think that the writings on his websites about feeling free and at home in nature are complete bovine poo-poo. Just like the photo-shopped pics...part of his manufactured public persona. The shell that is JPS is the lair of a twisted psyche. Sometimes, the monster gets out.

I believe that he planned to kill this little girl. He wimped out and left her to die so that he could tell himself that it wasn't his fault she didn't make it out of the wilderness alive...why get his hands dirty when the nature he loves will take care of his dirty work?

MOO

If they ruled out a connection between the Cody abduction and the JR case earlier this week (and they did) it couldn't have been because of a DNA sample--they didn't have a suspect in custody for the JR case to compare samples with. And they didn't know the suspect's name early on in the Cody case, so would not have known where he specifically was...though they had a record of where the suspicious car was at various times.

It's my guess the surveillance videos of the suspicious car and the timeline of events in both cases ruled out the connection, but who knows.[/QUOT

They didn't need to know who the killer was to compare DNA off of both victims. They didn't match, so no connection.

Confession could be related to the concern about no attorney present. I pray nothing has to be thrown out due to procedure.

It concerns me to-a reporter asked I think the FBI guy-Bob Evans,what happened between 6pm when you arrested him & 11pm-he said no comment
then later at the hearing his lawyer asked the judge to tell them not to interview him without a lawyer present.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya
Back