GUILTY WY - Jesse Speer for kidnap, rape of 10yo girl, Cody, 8 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The ex wifes blog is interesting. specifically the mention of change and July has raised the hairs on my neck. anyone else thinking along the same lines I am?

I didn't notice any reference to "change" or "July" in her blog, so I hope you can be more specific. TIA.

Perhaps this is a simple case of someone that got too deep into child *advertiser censored*, acted on impulse and the fantasies he had built up in his mind with this unfortunate victim, then got spooked when she fought back and he ran straight for home. Everything that happened after he kidnapped the victim from the library appears random, reactive, and not well organized. It's as if her knee in his face woke him up from his fantasy and he tried his best to run back to his normal life. Sometimes the simplest answer is the right answer.

There are aspects of this developing story and case that lead me to consider other scenarios with much more significant and wider ranging potential impacts, but I stay open to the simpler answer if the facts in the case lead that direction and stop there.

bbm
I really want to believe this is the case. Even though I know there are monsters out there, I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt (until proven otherwise). The thing that pulls at me is the fact that he had a gun in his car. I'm sure it is quite common for people to carry in that area, but does the fact that he was carrying suggest premeditation?

The new reality he has created for himself is going to be a new shade of black and white for him..... and it will be timeless alright.

Such a poignant statement.

I believe that he planned to kill this little girl. He wimped out and left her to die so that he could tell himself that it wasn't his fault she didn't make it out of the wilderness alive...why get his hands dirty when the nature he loves will take care of his dirty work?

MOO

This. I have been thinking on this as well but you said it much better and much more succinctly than I could have.

Ok, now that I have read through all 44 pages of this thread all night, I don't remember anyone mentioning the wife's blog, where she mentioned that JS's mom had been fired from her job at a her day care due to charges of child abuse. (There's a blog that was out there where the ex writes about the craziness of her ex mother in law).

I can think of a few different reasons why he would kill one girl, and let the other go. (Too tired to elaborate)

I would imagine that JS' attorney requested all web stuff be removed from the public so that his client can get a fair trial, not tried in the media, as well as to protect JS family, friends, associates, etc., not to mention all the threatening posts, etc. I can also name more reasons why, but too tired.

I collected a file on him and have retained some web material before it was all deleted; if anyone here has a specific question, pls pm me and I'll see what I can find.

Goodnight. Calling in sick to work. Bc I am really am sick; all this JR stuff has taken its toll on me.

Pray we find her killer soon.

I didn't notice any reference to "change" or "July" in her blog, so I hope you can be more specific. TIA.

In her blog she did say they had been "cordial" until a few months ago he quit talking to her.

also in msm article

She said that Jesse had changed over the last several months, "and does not talk anymore to me."

Speer's ex-wife said she believes it's indicative of a personality change in him.

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/Accu...ily/-/14594602/17003672/-/osf22q/-/index.html

If they ruled out a connection between the Cody abduction and the JR case earlier this week (and they did) it couldn't have been because of a DNA sample--they didn't have a suspect in custody for the JR case to compare samples with. And they didn't know the suspect's name early on in the Cody case, so would not have known where he specifically was...though they had a record of where the suspicious car was at various times.

It's my guess the surveillance videos of the suspicious car and the timeline of events in both cases ruled out the connection, but who knows.[/QUOT

They didn't need to know who the killer was to compare DNA off of both victims. They didn't match, so no connection.

Also, while Westminster police have ruled him out in JR's case, police in Colorado Springs are still looking at possible connections. Damn, where did I put that link? Ah, here it is: http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/A...174307471.html

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...r-Has-Ties-to-Colorado-Springs-174307471.html

Posted: Mon 9:42 PM, Oct 15, 2012A A Reporter: Kristin Haubrich Email
Accused Child Abductor Has Ties to Colorado Springs
(snipped)
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office says they contacted police in Cody, Wyoming. They say from their investigation so far they do not think Jesse Speer is connected to other kidnapping or attempted kidnapping cases here in Southern Colorado but they're still looking into it.

Farmers, ranchers, loggers and hunters all told law enforcement they spotted a white sport utility vehicle on the rural roads of Carter Mountain. Two local high school students out hunting the day the girl was kidnapped provided police with an invaluable tip. The white SUV had Montana plates. Authorities in both Wyoming and Montana started their teamwork to find Speer.

Some insight as to how Speer was nabbed, I think.

http://www.belgrade-news.com/news/article_ffe50b3c-1741-11e2-b777-001a4bcf887a.html

it's been altered, it said that the last time she had spoken to Jesse was in july and then he stopped talking to her.

Now it says that they had been cordial until a few months ago.

something else to read that makes me feel ill

http://jessespeer.wordpress.com/

If someone could help me out here, thanks in advance...I have seen posts stating JS has altered photos and using photoshop....how was this discovered? Thanks to anyone who knows.

it's been altered, it said that the last time she had spoken to Jesse was in july and then he stopped talking to her.

This is actually pretty interesting... take a look at the comment left on the ex wife's blog at 2:40 by "Bryan". (Not sure if I'm allowed to provide a link or a direct quote.)

If someone could help me out here, thanks in advance...I have seen posts stating JS has altered photos and using photoshop....how was this discovered? Thanks to anyone who knows.

Thanks for asking this - I've been wondering myself. Not that people always tell the truth, but he stated on his website that he likes to rely on lighting and settings (if I am remembering correctly) rather than Photoshop.

This is actually pretty interesting... take a look at the comment left on the ex wife's blog at 2:40 by "Bryan". (Not sure if I'm allowed to provide a link or a direct quote.)

very interesting, what happened in July? I wonder if July 13th has any significance

the allegations that caused his mother to lose her child care licence is a red flag too

his blog (wordpress) makes it obvious that he has read up about grizzly bears, IMO that makes it all the worse that he left the young girl where he did.

I think this blog comment brings up an important thing that the FBI is stressing in Jessica's case. (For anyone who hasn't read it, the comment is from someone who knows Jesse and never suspected anything).

In Jessica's case, the killer is someone that someone knows. They may not know that they know the person, because it isn't obvious. People are very good at hiding their dark sides. They are very good at "normal" behavior when in front of others. That is why people need to look for the clues. They need to look at someone who has made a change in appearance, or missed work...not someone who looks or acts like a killer.

If they ruled out a connection between the Cody abduction and the JR case earlier this week (and they did) it couldn't have been because of a DNA sample--they didn't have a suspect in custody for the JR case to compare samples with. And they didn't know the suspect's name early on in the Cody case, so would not have known where he specifically was...though they had a record of where the suspicious car was at various times.

It's my guess the surveillance videos of the suspicious car and the timeline of events in both cases ruled out the connection, but who knows.

They didn't need to know who the killer was to compare DNA off of both victims. They didn't match, so no connection.

But there's also this...if they simply didn't find DNA from the JR case to match the DNA samples in the Cody case, it doesn't mean JPS didn't kill her; the lack of that would not necessarily exonerate him. A positive match is pretty damning; a lack of a match can mean more than one thing--either someone else did it, or JPS did it but was lucky they didn't recover a good DNA sample.

very interesting, what happened in July? I wonder if July 13th has any significance

the allegations that caused his mother to lose her child care licence is a red flag too

his blog (wordpress) makes it obvious that he has read up about grizzly bears, IMO that makes it all the worse that he left the young girl where he did.

RE: I wonder if July 13th has any significance

aust amateur slueth, 'it does to me, it's my birthday'..

aust amateur slueth, her blog tells a very tragic story, and is very concerning, in more ways than one...imo

Good find, I've heard he had to file a business bankruptcy protection in 2004, otherwise no idea yet.

About that forum you posted, here's a list of topics he posted on while there.

http://www.dpreview.com/members/5376753560/forums/recent

I did read that he reports practically nothing as income to the IRS which led to not having to pay child support. This is another one of those divorce stories where the man gets away scott free and lives the financial high life while his ex + kids suffer financially. :furious: At least his going to jail will have little to no financial effect on his children. :jail:

I'm not saying he is. Just that's what it made me think of. I don't think he was having any kind of mental break when he committed the crime, but the results of it may be driving him over the edge. I hope they have him on suicide watch...

Maybe they do have him on suicide watch. That would explain why he doesn't have his glasses.

Perhaps this is a simple case of someone that got too deep into child *advertiser censored*, acted on impulse and the fantasies he had built up in his mind with this unfortunate victim, then got spooked when she fought back and he ran straight for home. Everything that happened after he kidnapped the victim from the library appears random, reactive, and not well organized. It's as if her knee in his face woke him up from his fantasy and he tried his best to run back to his normal life. Sometimes the simplest answer is the right answer.

There are aspects of this developing story and case that lead me to consider other scenarios with much more significant and wider ranging potential impacts, but I stay open to the simpler answer if the facts in the case lead that direction and stop there.

Good post Vega. It's easy to look at his pictures and words now, after what he is accused of doing, and see double meanings. I had to rein my own thoughts in. I thought of Lindsey Baum and a few others in the area's he may have traveled in.

LE will turn this guy inside out looking for tracks which could lead to his involvement in other cases. This is going to be a long process. Forensic investigation involving computer/internet child *advertiser censored* takes time, it also potentially leads to others. I mention this because I am convinced Speer has been dabbling in this for quite some time and there will be an electronic footprint for LE to follow.

Time will tell, but until we hear more details from LE, I think I'll refrain from speculating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back