GUILTY WY - Jesse Speer for kidnap, rape of 10yo girl, Cody, 8 Oct 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would she wait until he is arrested to do this if he has threatened her, killed the cat etc??:what:

Maybe it happened just before he left on this little vacation?

But there's also this...if they simply didn't find DNA from the JR case to match the DNA samples in the Cody case, it doesn't mean JPS didn't kill her; the lack of that would not necessarily exonerate him. A positive match is pretty damning; a lack of a match can mean more than one thing--either someone else did it, or JPS did it but was lucky they didn't recover a good DNA sample.

I agree...we really don't even know if they have DNA in JR case...it is just my opinion that they do. (At least I hope)

Was reading Maleesha's blog just now, enjoying her soul as well as her engaging writing style when it shut down. :( http://maleesha.wordpress.com/ "maleesha.wordpress.com is no longer available. The authors have deleted this blog." Another loss, though certainly understandable.

It would have stopped where he stopped his life. He used photoshop to enhance his pictures ... he was a photoshop photographer whose pictures were boring landscapes. He removed the red, pumped up the cyan and middled the magenta ... voila ... every monochromatic photo is ... esoteric.

What did he have going for himself? His photography business was a bust in about 2004 and he was floundering around at the age of 39 trying to get recognized by local magainzes ... or publishing his own zines. He was a nobody that feigned a life with vacations through his online garbage.

His talent is black and white isolation in nature. He claims to only feel alive in nature, yet his portrayal of nature is starved, desolate and empty. He pulls the clouds using photoshop ... and then removes the color.

He certainly worked with Photoshop and digital enhancement. He talks about it in his blog. Just poking with color won't turn a bad photo into a good one. It's got to be sharp and have good composition, among other things. I'm kind of on the fence about whether I think that kind of work is "real art" but hundreds of photographers seem to be treating it as a new medium and I love some of the results they're getting. Guy I know is doing some wonderful things with super-saturation. His photos look almost like Impressionist paintings.

A lot of it reminds me of the things photographers in the 30's were doing with post-processing -- playing developing techniques -- multiple exposures.

I'm not trying to say he's the next Ansel Adams, either :)

off topic -- is there a way to get true black and white with a digital camera?

something else to read that makes me feel ill

http://jessespeer.wordpress.com/

from blog: In hindsight, the decision to take a solo backpacking trip in Montana’s grizzly country was not one of my brighter moments. But that’s exactly what I did on August 28th, 2009. For many weeks, I was planning on a relatively safe solo itinerary involving a “you never see bears here” destination. But I changed plans at the last minute after discovering some incredibly photogenic local scenery while exploring Google Earth.

ex-wife's blog is gone, but I figured it would be and the other day I copied some things she wrote ... one of them references this exact date, and the despair she was going through (something good happened to her later that day, though, so that was the positive)

carbuff said:
off topic -- is there a way to get true black and white with a digital camera?

Early generation digital cameras had a mode called "monochrome", but that just told the image processor in the camera how to interpret the sensor information when writing the data to the image file. Now, you would shoot in RAW format, then go from there in post processing, controlling what channels you make visible or not. The distinction between color and b/w looses its meaning in digital because the image sensor hardware captures all the pixel data recorded (which includes all the color channels).

Was reading Maleesha's blog just now, enjoying her soul as well as her engaging writing style when it shut down. :( http://maleesha.wordpress.com/ "maleesha.wordpress.com is no longer available. The authors have deleted this blog." Another loss, though certainly understandable.

It is understandable. This poor woman, through no fault of her own, has been drug into a horrible situation, simply by association.

Maleesha if you come across this forum, please know we have great compassion for you and your children.

Poor lady, I don't blame her for going dark online--reading her previous entries, she seemed like a really neat person. This attention (for the wrong reasons) must be excruciating. :(

M, if you read here, please hang in there, you have more support than you may realize.

I wonder who else knew he killed a pet cat, if true. This is not normal behavior by any stretch and if anyone knew, that should have been a warning sign of some sort, although of course not child rape. No one makes that kind of leap.

Wow yes that is a huge leap. I don't know what I would do to someone that did this to my cat!!!! :furious:

I didn't notice any reference to "change" or "July" in her blog, so I hope you can be more specific. TIA.

I think that she said he cut off all contact with her as of May. She said they were on speaking terms prior to then and she doesn't know why he abruptly stopped speaking to her.

Early generation digital cameras had a mode called "monochrome", but that just told the image processor in the camera how to interpret the sensor information when writing the data to the image file. Now, you would shoot in RAW format, then go from there in post processing, controlling what channels you make visible or not. The distinction between color and b/w looses its meaning in digital because the image sensor hardware captures all the pixel data recorded (which includes all the color channels).

Thank you! I thought maybe I was missing something...

I was on a fall break vacation with my boys this last weekend to Yellowstone. We left on Thursday and traveled home on Sunday. I had to come on to this thread to post. I haven't had time to read the thread yet, as I have been busy since returning.

I wanted to share a bit about our trip as it relates to this case. We entered Yellowstone through West Yellowstone (the Idaho side of Yellowstone); we traveled through and stayed in Gardiner, MT (Montana side) one night; and then traveled all the way through Yellowstone again and stayed in Jackson the next night (one of the Wyoming sides). We have been to Yellowstone before, but I have NEVER noticed as many rangers and LE as we did on this trip. I am certain that they were searching for this SOB.

We saw quite a few flyers about the BOLO at the gas stations, restaurants, and motels that we stopped at. We did see one white SUV pulled over in the park, and we were very glad that our SUV was charcoal gray!

On the third day of our trip, as we were traveling through, we detoured towards the Cody Wyoming border because we heard of a grizzly hanging out. Sure enough, we were able to get a very close view of a grizzly bear in a meadow close to that border. As I think about this darling little girl, my heart is broken over her terrifying experience, but my heart is also over-flowing that she is safe.

I am also extremely happy that they have found and arrested someone. Now, on to reading the thread to find out what happened while we were vacationing.

very interesting, what happened in July? I wonder if July 13th has any significance

the allegations that caused his mother to lose her child care licence is a red flag too

his blog (wordpress) makes it obvious that he has read up about grizzly bears, IMO that makes it all the worse that he left the young girl where he did.

Ex wife's blog is no longer available.

It is understandable. This poor woman, through no fault of her own, has been drug into a horrible situation, simply by association.

Maleesha if you come across this forum, please know we have great compassion for you and your children.

Her facebook page has also been shut down.

I would hope that if he tries to use the fact that he (appears to have) let her go, that a DA will pull up his blog posts. They clearly illustrate his fears of the mountains and it's a not a huge leap of logic that he was hoping nature would "take care of her". He isn't some dumb city tourist, he KNOWS the dangers of bears, he knows how far it is and he knew it was getting freezing cold and dark. It was attempted murder IMO. Or manslaughter I guess, not sure how they would classify it.

Why would she wait until he is arrested to do this if he has threatened her, killed the cat etc??:what:

Because she is a victim of violence and really afraid that he would snap and harm her and the kid's .SAd to say but , many woman are very frightened to say something t:banghead:hey remain victim's.

Wonder if JS was ever in Missouri?

http://www.examiner.com/article/attempted-abduction-by-gunpoint-springfield-missouri

"On September 24, 2010, a young lady in her 20s was almost abducted by gunpoint on the Ozark Greenway trail in the Battlefield and West Bypass area...."

001793a4dd5d744523092e3d1ef31ae4.JPG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back