GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
elizabeth rosner@elizameryl
20m20 minutes ago
Father of the 2 slaughtered children, Kevin Krim, sits in the courtroom in agony as he listens to the closing arguments in the trial of Yoselyn Ortega. He has avoided looking at the 'killer nanny.' #nannytrial

Clodagh McGowan@clodaghny1
11m11 minutes ago
Defense attorney has yelled “objection” at least 15 times since prosecutors listed Ortega’s family members who did not testify during the trial. Including her sister Celia, who approached Marina Krim about her sister in need of a nanny job #nannytrial
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

boy these deliberations would take me about one minute

Nanny accused of stabbing 2 children to death: Lawyers give closing arguments of intent vs. insanity ( with clip)

"It will soon be up to a New York City jury to decide if a nanny accused of stabbing two young children to death is guilty of murder or not guilty by reason of insanity....

Silberg argued Ortega had a "purposeful, intentional" plan and a "full understanding of the nature and consequences of her actions."...

Silberg said some of Ortega's actions earlier that day prove the crime was premeditated and that she had planned to not come home:

1. Silberg said Ortega left a purse with family heirlooms in her son's bedroom;

2. Silberg said Ortega left an envelope with identification and insurance papers for her sister;

3. Ortega allegedly told her sister to raise her son well, he said.

But defense attorney Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg said in closing arguments today that Ortega is mentally ill and was "suffering from severe psychosis" and "dissociation" the day of the killings.

Van Leer-Greenberg said her client -- who had no prior criminal record and did not use drugs -- had "no agenda."

Van Leer-Greenberg argued "her mind and her body separated" and she "lacked the capacity to form intent."

Van Leer-Greenberg argued Ortega was "slowly disintegrating" but "kept it inside," because she didn't want to lose the babysitting job....

"Though her family knew well of her moods, depression and headaches," Van Leer-Greenberg said of Ortega, "the defense has proven that her family underestimated" the "strength" of her "demons."

Silberg, however, said mental illness alone doesn't excuse responsibility for murder and said Ortega was not in a mental state that would excuse her conduct...."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jury-decide-york-nanny-guilty-stabbing-young-children/story?id=54500815
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She does goes on and on and onnnnnnnn- stating the whole trial in her closing argument...:sheesh: (might take days..:facepalm:..)

Thank you YESorNO for all the updates.

<modsnip>

May justice prevail for the Krims.

Kemberly Richardson@kemrichardson7
2h2 hours ago
Judge giving jury instructions before deliberations begin in murder trial #YoselynOrtega. Former nanny allegedly fatally stabbed #LuluKrim & #LeoKrim in 2012. Kids parents sent this message. Will let u know when verdict @ABC7NY

1h1 hour ago
Jury deliberations are officially underway in the #nannytrial they&#8217;ll decide the fate of Yoselyn Ortega, the former nanny accused of killing two children in her care in 2012

Hazel Sanchez@HSanchezTV
7m7 minutes ago
Jury has begun deliberating in the #nannytrial. 2 alternate jurors dismissed from service, tell @CBSNewYork they believe #YoselynOrtega was of sound mind when she killed Lucia and Leo Krim. #verdictwatch

I doubt anybody will ever really know why she did what she did, but I do not think it was any mental illness or deficiency that was the reason why she killed the two children,

The Jury Is Out at the Nanny Murder Trial

"...Ortega watched both lawyers’ closing statements, sometimes looking back and forth between the speakers, judge, and the remaining lawyer sitting next to her. Ortega had several emotional outbursts during the trial — including laughing during a detective’s testimony and crying during Khadivi’s — but on the final two days of her trial, she was alert but calm.

“I have waited almost six years to get to stand before a jury, and ask the jury to hold this defendant responsible,” Silberg concluded. “That’s why I ask each and every one of you — each and every one of you — to look at the evidence, make inferences, and don’t forget why we’re here.” After the jury left and Judge Carro retired to his chambers on Monday, Silberg stepped into the court’s gallery and clapped Kevin Krim in a hug."

https://www.thecut.com/2018/04/nanny-murder-trial-week-8-the-jury-is-out.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After emotional trial, jurors weigh fate of "killer nanny" Yoselyn Ortega

"...New York has a high bar for the insanity defense and it is rarely successful. To win, Ortega's lawyers tried to prove that she was hearing voices from the devil - and didn't know right from wrong at the time of the killings. ...

Ortega showed little emotion during the testimony and mostly stared straight ahead. But she shook her head forcefully and mouthed "no" during testimony that her employers treated her well.

Alternate jurors were released Tuesday, and two said outside court they would likely have convicted Ortega. One, 31-year-old Chloe Beck, cried when she talked about what she'd seen in evidence. "I don't think I'll ever be the same," she said. "

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/after-emotional-trial-jurors-weigh-fate-of-killer-nanny-yoselyn-ortega/

2m2 minutes ago
Update from the Yoselyn Ortega trial: jurors have sent a note requesting copies of testimony and additional documents (the defense was told to locate her discharge paperwork from Elmhurst Hospital) #nannytrial

Jan Ransom@Jan_Ransom
1m1 minute ago
At 3:50 pm jurors in the nanny trial alerted the court that they want the definitions for "intent" and the five elements of murder in the first degree. They have been deliberating for about five hours #nannytrial

Jan Ransom@Jan_Ransom
1m1 minute ago
"No one wins in this. No matter how the verdict goes the family will never be the same," said Chloe Beck, 31, who served as an alternate juror in the #nannytrial. She is in court now waiting for a verdict. Deliberations are ongoing.

Hazel Sanchez@HSanchezTV
1m1 minute ago
#nannytrial Jurors send out note asking for definition of charges, autopsy diagram of Lucia Krim, notes on witness testimony. #verdictwatch #YoselynOrtega

Jan Ransom@Jan_Ransom
1m1 minute ago
Brittany Yee, another alternate juror who was relieved from service today said, "I think she [#YoselynOrtega] should be held responsible," Ms. Yee said. "I think she had the capacity to understand her conduct and the consequences of her conduct." #nannytrial

7m7 minutes ago
The court reporter is reading the transcript of Jennifer Reynoso’s testimony aloud to the jury. She’s the niece of a friend of #YoselynOrtega Reynoso was with her a few hours before the murder and describes Ortega acting “crazy” and said she saw black shadows.

Hazel Sanchez@HSanchezTV
2m2 minutes ago
#nannytrial #YoselynOrtega appears to cry, wiping away tears from her face as witness testimony regarding her (unusual behavior) is read back to jurors. #verdictwatch

elizabeth rosner@elizameryl
2m2 minutes ago
Jurors sent a note to Judge Carro asking for the definition of the charges, testimonies of Jennifer Reynosa and Milady Garcia, autopsy of Lucia Krim, and Ortega's discharge note from Elmhurst Hospital. #YoselynOretaga has tears streaming down her face #nannytrial

Maureen O'Connor@maureenoco
55s56 seconds ago
The #nannytrial jury has asked for a number of testimonies to be read back to them, and the medical examiner&#8217;s charts. From the courtroom, we can sometimes hear them yelling through the door&#8212; this deliberation may need another day (or more)

Alternate juror speaks out as jury deliberates Upper West Side nanny murder trial (with clip)

"...Alternate juror Chloe Beck said that in the beginning, she did feel that Ortega was guilty. But now, after hearing all of the testimony, she doesn't know what to think.

"Throughout this whole case, I've been saying that Leo has my heart," she said. "I think it was from when they showed the vacation book, and you see him holding his dad's beer and you would just see the life. I would always say that he had such life, and you could just tell that he was this 'Gerber Baby' who had so much to live for and the juxtaposition of seeing him...he became so small."

This entire experience, understandably, had a profound effect on the jurors.

"Seeing a tooth brush covered in blood, there was a child's toothbrush," Beck said. "And it sticks with me. One of my relaxation things is taking a bath, and I haven't taken a bath since. I have not. I just, seeing knives freaks me out."

Beck said she'll never be the same.

"To know that the dad had to be pulled off a plane just two days before his birthday, I'm finding out, to have to say goodbye to your kids," she said. "Just thinking you're going on a business trip, never thinking that would be the last time you saw them, and to know that...he seems like the type of father who wants to protect his family. And to know that he was the most helpless in that moment just (shakes head)."...

Beck feels the jury has a lot of work ahead of them to determine the verdict. But even though the alternates were dismissed and won't be deliberating, she feels like she has a lot of work to do herself.

"I keep saying, now that this is over, I still have to get up and I have to go back to my life," she said. "What am I supposed to do with everything I just saw, just heard, just learned? And I don't have an answer."..."

http://abc7ny.com/alternate-juror-speaks-out-about-uws-nanny-murder-trial/3355043/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So does the lack of news and Twitter updates mean the jury is deliberating through the night?

Oops just saw they are in at 9:30 AM tomorrow. I don't know how to add the tweet from Kemberly Richardson
@kemrichardson7

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marie Rowe