GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Alternate jurors say they would have convicted ‘killer nanny’

"...The panelists, who were among six alternates dismissed as the jury began deliberations, said they had trouble buying the defense’s contention that Ortega was too mentally ill to know what she was doing when she butchered Lulu Krim, 6, and her little brother Leo, 2, in the bathtub of their family’s Upper West Side home in October 2012.

Asked what their verdict would have been, alternate jurors Brittany Yee and Chloe Beck both told The Post, “Guilty.’’...

“The prosecutor showed significant evidence,’’ said Yee, a 27-year-old health-care professional. “I don’t feel fully convinced about the defense’s evidence — empty.’’

Beck, 31, an NYU residence-hall director, added, “Judge Carro said, ‘If you have doubts,’ and I have doubts’’ about Ortega’s defense.

“I know about mental health, and I know what it’s like to be struggling, but I’m not going to kill a kid. The defense didn’t show enough of a reason of insanity,” she said....

The jury also asked to hear again some of the testimony from Ortega’s sister, Miladys Garcia, who claimed that her allegedly disturbed sibling called her in the Dominican Republic hours before the slayings and that it was like “talking to a demon.”

Prosecutors presented a phone-company official at trial who said records show Ortega never made a call to the Dominican Republic at the time. He said her phone was actually turned off.

The jurors also wanted to rehear testimony from one of Ortega’s neighbors, Jennifer Reynosa, who testified that the nanny had been acting odd and claimed she was being followed by a “black shadow’’ that talked to her in the hours leading up to the murders....

The jury filed out of the courtroom after rehearing the testimony — although not before two jurors shot Ortega nasty looks. After the group was ushered into their room to continue deliberating, back-and-forth arguing could be heard through the door.

Yee and Beck said they were traumatized by serving on the heinous case....

“Instead of this defendant being on trial, her family needs to be on trial because they ignored the warning signs. … Those babies died because so many people were neglectful,’’ Beck said."

https://nypost.com/2018/04/17/alter...y/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=twitter_app
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hazel Sanchez@HSanchezTV
3m3 minutes ago
Jury deliberation continues in #nannytrial. Jurors have asked for legal definition of “conscious” and its difference from “understanding”. #YoselynOrtega

Hazel Sanchez@HSanchezTV
12m12 minutes ago
#nannytrial Jurors send out 2nd note of the day. Requesting read back of testimony from Delci Ortega, the sister of #YoselynOrtega re: wedding where the sisters were to be watching the Krim children.

Clodagh McGowan@clodaghny1
2m2 minutes ago
The jurors requested to hear the portion about an incident when Delci babysat the Krim children with #YoselynOrtega during a family wedding. As well as an incident when Yoselyn threw pots and pans in the middle of the night
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope these requests from the jury just show that they are taking her insanity defense seriously and fully considering it before they find her guilty and not insane. I would want to be able say that I did not immediately rule it out if I were a juror.

You are probably right Lilibet about considering the insanity defense seriously.

BUT...:waiting::waiting:

Come on.......:waiting:

You are probably right Lilibet about considering the insanity defense seriously.

BUT...:waiting::waiting:

Come on.......:waiting:

I know. If it takes toooooo much longer I will start worrying. Please don’t deadlock!

elizabeth rosner
@elizameryl
·
5m
Possible verdict coming in soon in the trial of #YoselynOrtega. Kevin Krim just walked into the packed courtroom #nannytrial

Jan Ransom
@Jan_Ransom
1m
Alternate jurors Cleo Beck and Brittany Yee embrace Kevin Krim whose two children were fatally stabbed in 2012 by their nanny #YoselynOrtega #nannytrial

Hazel Sanchez@HSanchezTV
1m1 minute ago
#nannytrial VERDICT IS IN.

Juan Manuel Benítez@JuanMaBenitez
41s41 seconds ago
We are about to hear the verdict on the #nannytrial. Yoselyn Ortega faces four murder charges for the 2012 killings of two children under her care

Jan Ransom
@Jan_Ransom
1m
Alternate jurors Cleo Beck and Brittany Yee embrace Kevin Krim whose two children were fatally stabbed in 2012 by their nanny #YoselynOrtega #nannytrial

lodagh McGowan@clodaghny1
1m1 minute ago
Court officers are bringing #YoselynOrtega into the courtroom to hear the verdict.

Jan Ransom@Jan_Ransom
30s30 seconds ago
Guards bring out #YoselynOrtega who is wearing a pink long-sleeved shirt. First time she is wearing a colorful top. #nannytrial. Jurors reached a verdict at 3:32 pm. They will be entering the courtroom shortly.

45s45 seconds ago
Jury is in the courtroom. #nannytrial

1m1 minute ago
Murder in the first degree: guilty #nannytrial

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors