GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gotta go- have tweets from the McIver trial to post- the jurors had more questions- on verdict watch...

I may as well just follow you around. LOL :)

Please dont file stalking charges on me. :)

Hatfield- I know you are following me..:facepalm:....it's been a whirlwind day- verdict watch/verdict on this trial and verdict watch/jury questions at the McIver trial and sentencing for James Worley....:sheesh:

Running from Twitter to threads and the streaming of the very emotional Worley sentencing and back to Twitter and threads again....:thud:....

I need a vacation real soon...:eek:kay:

:floorlaugh:

I have not been posting, but watching. I moved from NYC two months before YO murdered those two beautiful children in cold blood. My daughter was the same age as Lulu and was also taken care of part time by a babysitter/nanny whom I considered to be a very caring and careful woman. I am so thankful she was as solid as I thought she was. Like so many I was absolutely horrified when this happened to the Krim family--shocked and sickened, and so terribly sad for their loss. It is truly unimaginable.

Kevin Krim has been so strong to sit in the courtroom with that woman only feet away from him. My heart goes out to the Krim family and everyone affected by this tragedy, including the jurors, some whom have now experienced vicarious trauma as secondary witnesses to the horror YO left in her wake. It is more than anyone should have to bear.

Nanny found guilty of stabbing 2 children to death in New York apartment (with clip)

"..."It was not a decision we reached lightly or easily," one juror, David Curtis, told reporters, as he was overcome with emotion. "There was some raised voices and a lot of tears. But I think we all feel good that we addressed all of these issues and fairly weighed everything that was presented to us."

Kevin Krim declined to speak at a news conference, but Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. turned to Kevin Krim and said, "Our hearts go out to you today as it has every day of the last five years. As a father of two myself, I cannot imagine the pain you have felt and continue to feel."

Vance said he hopes the verdict will give the family an opportunity to heal."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nanny-found-guilty-stabbing-children-death-york-apartment/story?id=54523881
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Killer nanny’ found guilty of slaughtering two kids in her care

"The father of two young kids butchered by their caretaker cried in court and hugged jurors Wednesday as the jury announced killer nanny Yoselyn Ortega was guilty on four counts of murder for the brutal 2012 slaying.

The panel of 12 deliberated nearly 13 hours before handing down the decision in Manhattan Supreme court Wednesday a little after 4 p.m....

Grieving dad Kevin Krim cried and held the hand of dismissed alternate jurors Brittany Yee and Chole Beck — who previously said they would have found the nanny guilty if selected — as the verdict was announced....

Ortega, 56, sat expressionless with arms crossed in a hot-pink shirt and her hair pulled back in a ponytail as jurors announced her guilty on two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of second-degree murder.

She wiped away tears as she was led out of court, but offered no apology to Krim.

Jurors took the unusual step of addressing the public following the verdict....

The juror said he “worked very hard” to no think of his own children when deliberating.

“It was incumbent on all of us in the decision process to try to not put ourselves in those positions but to try to be separate,” he said.

Laughter could be heard from the deliberation room minutes before it was announced the jury had reached a conclusion.

Kevin Krim choked back tears during the press conference, but did not speak.

“Thank you for being strong, thank you for sticking this out,” the juror said to him.

Ortega’s sentencing is set for May 14."

https://nypost.com/2018/04/18/kille...medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

041818killernannyet04_158024260.jpg

(Kevin Krim hugs jurors. Erik Thomas/NY Post)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

elizabeth rosner@elizameryl
46m46 minutes ago
Jurors embracing and laughing with lead prosecutor Stuart Silberg, after finding #YoselynOrtega guilty on all counts of the murder of Lucia,6, and Leo,2, Krim.

DbGAiSYUMAEYJiW.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

elizabeth rosner@elizameryl
35m35 minutes ago
Kevin Krim, father of the murdered young children -Lucia and Leo-listening and holding back tears as @ManhattanDA speaks at a press conference in the courtroom. #YoselynOrtega #nannytrial

DbGC7XtV4AECczN.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verdict reached in trial of Upper West Side nanny accused of killing 2 children

[video=youtube;js6yK_pfc9E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js6yK_pfc9E[/video]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jurors In Trial Of Former UWS Nanny Convicted Of Killing 2 Kids Speaks Out

[video=youtube;QaeVGBxHEm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaeVGBxHEm8[/video]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YesorNo, thank you for your diligence in updating this thread during the trial. I really appreciate it. Those jurors were so dedicated. The first one who spoke, David, described a group process that worked the way it is supposed to. I don't know if he was the foreperson, but there was some excellent guidance from someone (or ones) in the jury room. Having served on a NYC jury for a criminal trial in which the deliberations almost broke down completely (and it was a drug bust trial, not a murder), I am so impressed by these jurors' ability to work through their differing interpretations of the evidence to come to a unanimous verdict. Their emotional responses to having gone through the process was very touching. Well done, jurors.

*bolded by me* Well, that's seems to be an about face. Earlier her sister is reported to have said that Yoselyn told her days before that she felt like she was going insane and planned on seeing a doctor??? Or did I get that wrong? No link, I can't find the thread I originally read that on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YesorNo, thank you for your diligence in updating this thread during the trial. I really appreciate it. Those jurors were so dedicated. The first one who spoke, David, described a group process that worked the way it is supposed to. I don't know if he was the foreperson, but there was some excellent guidance from someone (or ones) in the jury room. Having served on a NYC jury for a criminal trial in which the deliberations almost broke down completely (and it was a drug bust trial, not a murder), I am so impressed by these jurors' ability to work through their differing interpretations of the evidence to come to a unanimous verdict. Their emotional responses to having gone through the process was very touching. Well done, jurors.

Your welcome.

No- David was not the foreman. If you look at the video on my post 1169 (I think it's 1169- forgive me, I'm tired at this time of night), you will see the foreman answering the judge's question on the verdict.

Good. If death penalty is appropriate, Yoselyn Ortega deserves to be executed.

Yoselyn Ortega is one of the rare female killers who kill someone else's children, not their own children.

Females Who Kill Someone Else's Children
Elizabeth Bathory
Gertrude Baniszewski
Laurie Dann
Karla Holmolka
Louise Woodward
Lori Drew
Melissa Huckaby
Elisa Baker
Mona Nelson
Carri and Larry Williams
Molly Jane Roe
Renee King
Jennifer Duran Martinez
Yoselyn Ortega
Gyulchehra Bobokulova
Karla Holmolka
Shamdai Arjun
Harley Branham
Nicole Finn

They are mostly nannies or babysitters. Some are stepmothers. One went on a school shooting, Laurie Dann in 1988. Some operate in a group like Elizabeth Bathory, Gertrude Baniszewski, Lori Drew, and Elisa Baker. All knew their victims with the exception of Elizabeth Bathory, who killed +650 people.

Not often you hear about woman killing a non-biological child or children, which are committed by nannies, stepmothers, family friend, or acquaintance. I have never seen any studies on them.

Looking at them, most are injustice collector/grudge holder/grievance collector like Baniszewski, Drew, Ortega, Bobokulova, and Branham. Injustice collector is most often associate with mass murderers (Stephen Paddock, Nikolas Cruz, Devin Kelley, Elliot Rodger, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, and Eric Harris) and terrorists (Osama bin Laden, 9/11 Terrorists, Omar Mateen, Abubakar Shekau, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and Abdelhamid Abaaoud) They are likely very repressed in nature.

Jezebel:

The Mess and the Murders: 19 Days at the Trial of Joselyn Ortega

I wonder if there is a part of the story we’re just not hearing, could never hear because Lulu and Leo are dead and Ortega isn’t talking. Something that pushed her over the edge. Something that provoked an oversized and heinous response. I’ve thought about this case for hundreds of hours now, the sad and disgusting moment in which Lulu and Leo Krim were robbed of their lives, in particular, and I pine for something to fill in the blank. In retrospect, paying such close attention to The People of the State of New York v. Yoselyn Ortega feels like a months-long search under the dining table for a dropped puzzle piece—something that could snap into place and give me a full picture. I can’t seem to find it, and I keep bumping my head.
long longread at link

‘Lulu & Leo’s Law’ Would Make Lying About Childcare Experience A Crime (with clip)

"NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The parents of a little girl and boy murdered by their nanny are backing a new law to prevent people from providing phony job references.

As CBS2’s Hazel Sanchez reported, the law would make lying about job experience in childcare a felony crime....

...the Krims are pushing new legislation to protect families looking for childcare.

“We also believe that parents and caregivers should be protected from people who would harm them with their evil and lies. We were deceived and betrayed by the defendant’s family, who remain wholly unaccountable for their role in the murders of our children,” Kevin posted on Facebook*....

LuLu and Leo’s Law would make it illegal for people to give false references for nannies or babysitters. Someone who provides a fake reference could get locked up if the nanny commits a crime against the family he or she works for....

Otis plans to introduce the bill this week and hopes Lulu and Leo’s Law will pass by the session this June. State Sen. Andrew Lanza, of Staten Island, is also sponsoring the bill in the Senate."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/04/19/lulu-and-leos-law/

BBM..*Kevin Krim's Facebook post

April 18

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.krim/posts/10104852994422071
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering about Joselyn's son, poor boy, but he's doing well...here's an article that has something about her son...

The Jury and the Family Speak Out As the Nanny Trial Ends

"...When Jesus Frias testified for the defense, he had the clean-cut look of an office intern: pressed khaki pants, pink oxford shirt. In the years since the crime, Jesus has dropped his mother’s surname and switched to his father’s. He finished high school, enrolled at SUNY Albany, and graduated summa *advertiser censored* laude. He got a job in a medical research lab, applying photoluminescent nanodiamonds to cancerous cells. He applied to 20 medical schools, and is waiting to hear back. Polite and amiable, Jesus thanked everyone he interacted with in court — judge, lawyers, bailiff, stenographers, and court security officers in bulletproof vests.

Since his testimony, I have thought often of Jesus Frias. He seems to be thriving in spite of his mother’s unthinkable crimes...

https://www.thecut.com/2018/04/nanny-trial-jury-and-father-kevin-krim-on-the-guilty-verdict.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Lulu & Leo’s Law’ Would Make Lying About Childcare Experience A Crime (with clip)

"NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The parents of a little girl and boy murdered by their nanny are backing a new law to prevent people from providing phony job references.

As CBS2’s Hazel Sanchez reported, the law would make lying about job experience in childcare a felony crime....

...the Krims are pushing new legislation to protect families looking for childcare.

“We also believe that parents and caregivers should be protected from people who would harm them with their evil and lies. We were deceived and betrayed by the defendant’s family, who remain wholly unaccountable for their role in the murders of our children,” Kevin posted on Facebook*....

LuLu and Leo’s Law would make it illegal for people to give false references for nannies or babysitters. Someone who provides a fake reference could get locked up if the nanny commits a crime against the family he or she works for....

Otis plans to introduce the bill this week and hopes Lulu and Leo’s Law will pass by the session this June. State Sen. Andrew Lanza, of Staten Island, is also sponsoring the bill in the Senate."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/04/19/lulu-and-leos-law/

BBM..*Kevin Krim's Facebook post

April 18

https://www.facebook.com/kevin.krim/posts/10104852994422071
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering about Joselyn's son, poor boy, but he's doing well...here's an article that has something about her son...

The Jury and the Family Speak Out As the Nanny Trial Ends

"...When Jesus Frias testified for the defense, he had the clean-cut look of an office intern: pressed khaki pants, pink oxford shirt. In the years since the crime, Jesus has dropped his mother’s surname and switched to his father’s. He finished high school, enrolled at SUNY Albany, and graduated summa *advertiser censored* laude. He got a job in a medical research lab, applying photoluminescent nanodiamonds to cancerous cells. He applied to 20 medical schools, and is waiting to hear back. Polite and amiable, Jesus thanked everyone he interacted with in court — judge, lawyers, bailiff, stenographers, and court security officers in bulletproof vests.

Since his testimony, I have thought often of Jesus Frias. He seems to be thriving in spite of his mother’s unthinkable crimes...

https://www.thecut.com/2018/04/nanny-trial-jury-and-father-kevin-krim-on-the-guilty-verdict.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m so glad to hear about how well Jesus is doing. Good for him!

While it’s all well and good to make providing false job references illegal, due diligence by parents is the first line of defense against people like Ortega and her family. I’m not saying the Krims didn’t, but I think the tragic lesson learned is to also do a background check on the references. A law alone isn’t enough to rely on IMO.

I’m so glad to hear about how well Jesus is doing. Good for him!

While it’s all well and good to make providing false job references illegal, due diligence by parents is the first line of defense against people like Ortega and her family. I’m not saying the Krims didn’t, but I think the tragic lesson learned is to also do a background check on the references. A law alone isn’t enough to rely on IMO.

I agree that with due diligence, parents would hire someone with a proven and corroborated background in childcare - certificates, agencies, childcare centers - not just a list of names offering references.
However, I do think in the case of childcare, this law could be beneficial, because there are plenty of people who assume that any mother is automatically qualified to be a child carer or a nanny. In Ortega's case, what could the Krims do? They could call the phone number provided and hear a repeat of the same enthusiastic story - "Yes, she worked for us, she was wonderful" etc. Sure, if they'd done a background check on every referee, they would have eventually figured out that these were relatives giving the good reports. But how do you background check the referees to figure out whether they have a personal connection with the applicant? They could do a police check/ background check and Ortega would have come up clean.
The relatives who gave those references would never have dreamed of the consequences. They probably saw that Ortega had done a good job raising her own son under difficult circumstances, and they concluded from this that she would make a good nanny. They would have seen their references as a "white lie." It's an easy lie to tell, and it's a difficult lie to uncover.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmileyKazza
Back