GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe one article said that there was blood in the kitchen. Maybe she chased and then cornered Lulu in the bathroom. I think she placed them (hid them) both in the tub, and then waited in there...because she knew Marina would walk through each room, looking for where they were. Like some horror show.

She must have heard Marina that first time...before she went back to question the doorman. But she did not try to kill herself THEN. No, she waited. To see what she wanted to see.

By Jen Heger - Radar Assistant Managing Editor

Yoselyn Ortega, the Manhattan nanny accused of killing the two young kids in her care, had an argument with her employer, Marina Krim, the day before Ortega allegedly brutally stabbed the children to death, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

"Yoselyn told NYPD detectives that she was involved in an epic argument with Marina Krim the day before the children were tragically murdered," a law enforcement source told RadarOnline.com exclusively. "Yoselyn also said that when she left at the end of the day before the murders, Marina ignored her when she said good-bye and this made her very, very angry. Yoselyn became extremely animated when she discussed the incident with law enforcement. Yoselyn also said she had numerous disagreements with Marina about how the kids were being cared for. Marina didn't think Yoselyn was interacting with the kids enough and was giving them junk food when she was out of sight."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/11/new-york-nanny-killed-children-argument-mother-krim

l

I was wondering about Lulu's screams too. She may have caught her by surprise and cut her throat first. Rendering her unable to scream.

My theory is Lulu was using the bathroom when she was attacked. Like as soon as they got in the door lulu went to use the bathroom and that's when YO went to get the knife. Then Leo was sleeping in the stroller somewhere when she attacked him. I think she planned this and since lulu was in the bathroom already she put Leo in there for maximum shock.

Yoselyn Ortega, the Manhattan nanny accused of killing the two young kids in her care, had an argument with her employer, Marina Krim, the day before Ortega allegedly brutally stabbed the children to death, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

"Yoselyn told NYPD detectives that she was involved in an epic argument with Marina Krim the day before the children were tragically murdered," a law enforcement source told RadarOnline.com exclusively. "Yoselyn also said that when she left at the end of the day before the murders, Marina ignored her when she said good-bye and this made her very, very angry. Yoselyn became extremely animated when she discussed the incident with law enforcement. Yoselyn also said she had numerous disagreements with Marina about how the kids were being cared for. Marina didn't think Yoselyn was interacting with the kids enough and was giving them junk food when she was out of sight."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/11/new-york-nanny-killed-children-argument-mother-krim

l

So why didn't she attack the mother and not the innocent children? She is just nutty and needs to go away for a long long time. jmo

So why didn't she attack the mother and not the innocent children? She is just nutty and needs to go away for a long long time. jmo

IMO, she knew the love and devotion the mother had for her children and it would have hurt Ms Krim more to have the children die than herself. Plus, it would have been more difficult to kill an adult.

IMO, she knew the love and devotion the mother had for her children and it would have hurt Ms Krim more to have the children die than herself. Plus, it would have been more difficult to kill an adult.

I know and I agree she knew this would hurt the mother beyond measure, but how can a mother take the life of a child. I just will never understand. She cannot be sane. I don't mean that in the legal sense. She knew she was doing wrong, but how she could kill a child let alone two is unconceivable to me. jmo

I think, often, that we ascribe mental illness to acts that we just cannot begin to inagine, that we cannot begin to conceive of even being possible - this crime is one of those that is, literally, unimaginable and inconceivable.

Because there is no way that someone who is sane - like us - could do this.

In giving her a label of mentally ill, we are giving her a space to exist...a way to not justify her actions exactly, but make it more comprehensible to *us*. It makes it easier to live with this crime, and to go about our business - getting babysitters, having workers/service people in our home - go about our daily lives because it's only insane people who do this kind of thing.

It's for us, those of us who cannot begin to even consider that this is a 'real' crime, that someone who is just like us (e.g. sane) can do this.

I agree, that someone who murders someone else in cold blood is not at all like me. But that doesn't make them mentally ill; it just means that they're not like me.

I don't believe that YO is mentally ill, and I fully believe that she will be held accountable for these horrific, unspeakable crimes. I also believe that no matter what we, as a society, do to her, God will exact a far more punitive judgment than ever we can begin to do.

I pray for these little children's souls, for healing and acceptance of the parents that this happened, and for our own Songline, who witnessed this, and who will forever have this in her heart and mind; for all those I pray.

Please note that I don't pray that God do something to her. I have FULL FAITH that He absolutely will, in His time and His manner; and I hold fast to the phrase "suffer the little children to come to me" that Lulu and Leo are in Jesus' Arms, safe from all harm, in eternal joy and peace.

Best-
Herding Cats

Herding Cats-This is a lovely post and I greatly appreciate the sentiment. In regards to the bolded, I just would like to emphasize that 1 in 5 adults in this country suffer from MI, and the VAST majority of us see this kind of crime no differently than any "sane" person does -Inconceivable. Unimaginable. The chasm doesn't exist between the mentally ill and the "sane"-it is between those who hurt others, and those who do not.

Also-this is not directed at you HC, but as more of a general statement-I know it's inevitable that YO's mental state will come up in the conversation, but I hope we can all avoid using derogatory terms and scapegoating. I have struggled with MI for most of my life, and I have had to walk away from this topic a few times because of the way this has been discussed-in particular the implication that people like me are in any way unsafe around children :(

These people, the Krims, are just amazing:

http://lululeofund.org/

As the parents of Lulu and Leo, we want to honor our children through carrying on their love of arts and sciences education. Our children have loved the many art and science programs in the cities in which we have lived, such as Lulu’s beloved “Art Afternoons” class at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Unfortunately, there are many children who do not have access to these programs. We created the Lulu & Leo Fund to help more children benefit from these education experiences in art and science.

Please join our family in supporting art and science programs for youth.

-Marina and Kevin Krim

As soon as I get paid, I'm sending a donation. What a beautiful tribute to precious Leo and Lulu:heartluv:

the chasm doesn't exist between the mentally ill and the "sane"-it is between those who hurt others, and those who do not.

I love this.

I'm sorry if anything I said hurt you. I do believe that there is mental illness involved in many of these cases HOWEVER:

Just because people who hurt other people can have mental illness DOES NOT mean that all MI folks hurt people.

Much like many (if not most) abusers were abused, BUT that does not mean that all abused people WILL abuse.

Again, thanks for the reminder ....

*hugs*

I have been following this story since it broke. Trying to make sense of it all. The more information that is released, the more evident it becomes that there truly is nothing more to it than YO is a heartless murderer. No motive could ever justify these actions. To me it appears that her life was crap, she envied the Krims since theirs were not. She feared her life was about to become even worse by the Krims warning of letting her go. So she decided to end her life, but not before ruining their lives as well. Sickening and sad.

What could be more hurtful to the mother than taking away her kids? The only thing that could be worse is if the nanny had killed all three. I am thinking she felt her time was running out, so she had better get her revenge before she was fired.

I wonder if anything in particular set her off THAT day?

It may be the mere fact that the nanny knew Mr Krim was due to return that day. The nanny was probably needed while he was away, but with him back, she would not be needed in the same way. Logically if the Krim's had intended to sack her, the time to do it would be as soon as hubby returned.

I question whether little Leo was really asleep. Songline saw him & his sister in the elevator with the nanny a mere 30 min or less from the time of the murder. How realistic is it that he went right down to sleep?

I don't trust this woman's version of events.

I do understand anger and resentment and wanting to gain some power in a relationship with a person who is perceived to be or actually is the cause of ongoing conflict, as that's a normal human feeling and one most of us have felt, but I do not understand violence or the taking of any lives, especially of innocent victims. This woman could have done a hundred other things to get her "revenge" that wouldn't have caused such devastation and the ruination of so many lives. Not that I condone revenge or any criminal act, but she did have other options.

Had she stolen some things to sell, robbed a bank, or something along those lines there would at least be some logic to her actions and actions correlating to her area of stress (the money issue). Wrong, yes, but not complete devastation. She went zero to 60 (so to speak) apparently without considering what else she could do that wouldn't hurt anyone physically and land her in prison without the possibility of parole. Crazy AND Dumb. Not a good combo.

"Yoselyn told NYPD detectives that she was involved in an epic argument with Marina Krim the day before the children were tragically murdered," ... Yoselyn also said she had numerous disagreements with Marina about how the kids were being cared for. "

l

If this is true, it sounds like the nanny knew she was just about to be sacked.

Gitano, I am one of your greatest admirers..always look for your excellent posts.
But frankly, if envy, greed, sloth, and laziness are now legal definitions of "mental illness"....we have jumped the shark to nonsense in our courtrooms. YO has not mentioned voices, or demons, or anything other than a litany of complaints about HER treatment after slaughtering two small children.

I understand your point that she must be "mentally ill" to act this way....I think this is the problem today. WHO CARES? She had perhaps no impulse control. I WILL NOT GIVE HER ONE EXCUSE.
She wanted to do this to the Krims. She did it. They will never fully recover. I do not care if she grows another head in jail...she did what she wanted to do. NOW PAY FOR IT. And, God willing, she will pay in a myriad of ways.

Thanks stmarysmead. I appreciate that! But I need to clarify. I do not believe that she must be mentally ill to act that way. I mean, then you could apply that standard to any crime, really and that's not my thought process. I think that, doing some admittedly amateur profiling, when looking at the MO's and the motivations of other criminals, her conduct does not fit with a totally cold-blooded, calculating and sane murder. I do not think she had impulse control problems. I'm not sure, really, why that's still confusing since I have repeatedly stated that I think this woman had control. I think she was in control of her actions. I believe that most mentally ill people are to some degree.

I'm just profiling her. Her crime does not fit the kind of calculated rage killing that we tend to see. It fits more with someone who became psychotic and failed to protect those around them from their psychosis, and allowed it to guide them.

I do not believe that envy, laziness, sloth, greed etc., are mental illness. I do not think this woman was lazy, or slothful or greedy. She may have been envious but I do not believe that was her motive.

We don't know that this woman has not mentioned voices or demons. We know only what the media has reported and according to some, they have made several errors. In fact, I know they have made errors. CBS was quoting the NY Post stating that she was demanding a lawyer and refusing to speak with LE. Well, she just got off intubation according to reports so I think that earlier report was likely very false (it smacked as b.s. to me anyhow).

I do believe this woman has made certain statements. I also think that LE is going to relay only what they choose to. The fact is, according to those who knew her, she had lost weight, was having issues and was going to seek or had sought psych help of some kind. Even her appearance had changed dramatically in the last weeks.

I am not giving her an excuse. I'm not one to, in general. In fact, I think most criminals trying to use the insanity defense are simply, evil. For example, I argued vigorously against the Colorado theater massacre creep being motivated by mental illness or psychotic at all. His planning was much too detailed and involved, he protected himself and his mass murder fits more into the profile, IMO, of the type of person who is a disgruntled narcissist who realizes that their fantasy of themselves is not and never will be substantiated by others, and who thus tell themselves there is nothing left to live for but they are going to "punish" as many people as they can before they take their own lives.

I try to use logic. This, IMO, does not fit the profile of someone who wanted revenge against their employer. And, a woman hacking at her own throat fits the psychosis profile, not the envy murder profile, IMO.

Again, I'm just trying to use logic.

Thus far, it appears to me that she was psychotic. Nevertheless, I can't give her much of a pass. I think if she was able to walk and to talk normally and to deviate from the schedule in order to carry out her plan, etc., then she was capable of controlling herself and not taking the lives of those innocent babies. I'm not sure how many times I have to say that!!!

And yes, in response to an earlier post of yours, it's hard to think of anything more horrific than two babies being stabbed to death by the woman paid to protect them. It is monstrous. But, I can. How about the torture-murder of Dylan Groene or the torture-murder of Lee Iseli?

In any event, I think this woman is a monster but I do not think she was motivated by greed or envy. Millions of people are greedy and envious in this world. Millions of people do not murder in such a manner that precludes any chance of getting away with it and then slash at their own necks so hard that the break their own vertebra.

Greedy and envious people generally think only of themselves and they will kill in a manner that they believe will allow them to get away with it. They try to cover it up. And they certainly do not want to end their own, "precious" lives.

Suicide just doesn't fit with envy or greed in a scenario like this. :twocents:

I question the mere 30 minutes also. But my questions are more in the realm of premeditation. I think she had these murders planned out in advance.

IMO from what I can tell NEITHER page is legit, or representative of ANYONE involved in this tragedy. Both are trolling and having way too much fun at the expense of two destroyed families, two murdered children....

These troll FB groups pop up in EVERY notorious case, and should be ignored at all cost.

Agree, she (R) has commented on many of the news articles about the page & her last name is "Nguyen" supposedly so doubt she is YO family, but who knows. Still think it's a bogus page.

To me if she was mentally ill she would claim she took the childrens lives in order to save them from something worse that they would face if they were left behind. The child will not be loved, will be lonely and uncared for.

I have heard of nannies that want to quit their jobs so badly because they don't like the parents, but they can't bear to leave the children, in fear that without the nanny the children won't be loved.

Of course that isn't the case here. The Krims seem like very loving, involved parents.

I really think that any jury will be able to see very clearly that this nanny was just vengeful and wanted to hurt Marina Krim in the worst way possible.

The best thing this woman could do for herself is just plead guilty. I don't see this being a Casey Anthony case where the jury is just lazy and blind.

Gitano, I am one of your greatest admirers..always look for your excellent posts.
But frankly, if envy, greed, sloth, and laziness are now legal definitions of "mental illness"....we have jumped the shark to nonsense in our courtrooms. YO has not mentioned voices, or demons, or anything other than a litany of complaints about HER treatment after slaughtering two small children.

I understand your point that she must be "mentally ill" to act this way....I think this is the problem today. WHO CARES? She had perhaps no impulse control. I WILL NOT GIVE HER ONE EXCUSE.
She wanted to do this to the Krims. She did it. They will never fully recover. I do not care if she grows another head in jail...she did what she wanted to do. NOW PAY FOR IT. And, God willing, she will pay in a myriad of ways.

I agree..know several people with MI who have never nor would physically hurt another. Most who have a psychsios (cant spell) break, usually do so in their late teens, early 20's. MI people IMO will most likely hurt themselves, not others.

Thanks stmarysmead. I appreciate that! But I need to clarify. I do not believe that she must be mentally ill to act that way. I mean, you could apply that standard to any crime, really and that's not my thought process. I think that, doing some admittedly amateur profiling, when looking at the MO's and the motivations of other criminals, her conduct does not fit with a totally cold-blooded, calculating and sane murder. I do not think she had impulse control problems. I;m not sure, really, why that's still confusing since I have repeatedly stated that I think this woman had control. I think she was in control of her actions. I believe that most mentally ill people are to some degree.

I'm just profiling her. Her crime does not fit the kind of calculated rage killing that we tend to see. It fits more with someone who became psychotic and failed to protect those around them from their psychosis, and allowed it to guide them.

I do not believe that envy, laziness, sloth, greed etc., are mental illness. I do not think this woman was lazy, or slothful or greedy. She may have been envious but I do not believe that was her motive.

We don't know that this woman has not mentioned voices or demons. We know only what the media has reported and according to some, they have made several errors. In fact, I know they have made errors. CBS was quoting the NY Post stating that she was demanding a lawyer and refusing to speak with LE. Well, she just got off intubation according to reports so I think that earlier report was likely very false (it smacked as b.s. to me anyhow).

I do believe this woman has made certain statments. I also think that LE is going to relay only what they chose to. The fact is, according to those who knew her, she had lost weight, was having issues and was going to seek or had sought psych help of some kind. Even her appearance had changed dramatically in the last weeks.

I am not giving her an excuse. I'm not one to, in general. In fact, I think most criminals trying to use the insanity defense are simply, evil. For example, I argued vigorously against the Colorado theater massacre creep being motivated by mental illness or psychotic at all. His planning was much to detailed and involved, he protected himself and his mass murder fits more into the profile, IMO, of the type of person who is a disgruntled narcissist who realizes that their fantasy of themselves is not and never will be substantiated by others, and who thus tell themselves there is nothing left to live for but they are going to "punish" as many people as they can before they take their own lives.

I try to use logic. This, IMO, does not fit the profile of someone who wanted revenge against their employer. And, a woman hacking at her own throat fits the psychosis profile, not the envy murder profile, IMO.

Again, I'm just trying to use logic.

Thus far, it appears to me that she was psychotic. Nevertheless, I can't give her much of a pass. I think if she was able to walk and to talk normally and to deviate from the schedule in order to carry out her plan, etc., then she was capable of controlling herself and not taking the lives of those innocent babies. I'm not sure how many times I have to say that!!!

And yes, in response to an earlier post of yours, it's hard to think of anything more horrific than two babies being stabbed to death by the woman paid to protect them. It is monstrous. But, I can. How about the torture-murder of Dylan Groene or the torture-murder of Lee Iseli?

In any event, I think this woman is a monster but I do not think she was motivated by greed or envy. Millions of people are greedy and envious in this world. Millions of people do not murder in such a manner that precludes any chance of getting away with it and then slash at their own necks so hard that the break their own vertebra.

Greedy and envious people generally think only of themselves and they will kill in a manner that they believe will allow them to get away with it. They try to cover it up. And they certainly do not want to end their own, "precious" lives.

Suicide just doesn't fit with envy or greed in a scenario like this. :twocents:

I think possibly her strong Catholic religion could have come into play and that is why she committed suicide.

I think, often, that we ascribe mental illness to acts that we just cannot begin to inagine, that we cannot begin to conceive of even being possible - this crime is one of those that is, literally, unimaginable and inconceivable.

Because there is no way that someone who is sane - like us - could do this.

In giving her a label of mentally ill, we are giving her a space to exist...a way to not justify her actions exactly, but make it more comprehensible to *us*. It makes it easier to live with this crime, and to go about our business - getting babysitters, having workers/service people in our home - go about our daily lives because it's only insane people who do this kind of thing.

It's for us, those of us who cannot begin to even consider that this is a 'real' crime, that someone who is just like us (e.g. sane) can do this.

I agree, that someone who murders someone else in cold blood is not at all like me. But that doesn't make them mentally ill; it just means that they're not like me.

I don't believe that YO is mentally ill, and I fully believe that she will be held accountable for these horrific, unspeakable crimes. I also believe that no matter what we, as a society, do to her, God will exact a far more punitive judgment than ever we can begin to do.

I pray for these little children's souls, for healing and acceptance of the parents that this happened, and for our own Songline, who witnessed this, and who will forever have this in her heart and mind; for all those I pray.

Please note that I don't pray that God do something to her. I have FULL FAITH that He absolutely will, in His time and His manner; and I hold fast to the phrase "suffer the little children to come to me" that Lulu and Leo are in Jesus' Arms, safe from all harm, in eternal joy and peace.

Best-
Herding Cats

That is an understandable motivation for believing someone "had to be mentally ill". It is not, however, a logical one. Anyone who knows me knows that logic is my king. I go by logic alone. It's the attorney in me.

I don't think she must be crazy because the crime is so horrific. Come on. I've been a "student" of true crime much too long to believe that. I don't believe the monster who killed the Groene family was insane when he stalked that family, killed three of them and kidnapped two children who he then tortured for weeks before killing one. I don't believe the monster who duct-taped and smothered her precious baby with chloroform and who then drove around with her rotting corpse in the car for weeks was insane when she did that. I don't believe the beast who beat her child slowly to death and starved her, leaving her to rot to death in a closet in Arizona was insane. I don't believe the creature who allowed her man to molest and give her baby herpes, and who, instead of reporting his abuse, shut her head wound with crazy glue and then allowed her to be beaten to death, was crazy either. I can go on and on and on, sadly.

So please, please do not paint me with that brush! :please:It is quite often the true motivation for people who jump to mental illness as "the reason". But it's never been true in my case.

Again, I am motivated by logic. That's it. I examine what happened and how it was done and what was going on in the lives of the people, the facts of the case. I compare that to the thousands of cases I have examined in the past and that's how I come up with my opinions.

As an attorney I am well able to divorce emotion from my analysis. And I find it dismissive and annoying to be told there is a psychological reason for what I feel are well thought out, rational opinions. Especially considering my history of not being one to jump to the "insanity" excuse, no matter how horrific the crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back