GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is all so very sad :(. The really terrifying part is I know people who think like this lady does. Like the are "entitled" with out having to work or do anything for that matter. Full of anger & jealousy because they don't have what others have worked so hard for.
Marina seen the signs no doubt. She, just like I have done many times, shrugged off the hurtful insults & actions of one who thinks like this. People like this nanny also have a good sweet side, enough to make you feel guilty for even thinking about getting them out of your life. They are pro's at slaughtering you one minute & being sweet as pie the next. I don't believe all people that feel entitled are capable of what this nanny did, but they can & will be cruel in some way.

I also know people with this attitude. I recently had to get rid of a housekeeper who had worked for me for 12 yrs. Her attitude had changed drastically in the last two yrs or so. Her plans to sue other people she worked for scared me. Of course I thought I would be next on her list, so I just told her I couldn't afford help anymore.

Well, this woman had to know her resentment of the parents was coming through loud and clear to them. She probably knew her time was running short with this family and her being fired was just around the corner.

This was a revenge killing pure and simple.
It is going to be so difficult for these parents to let N<modsnip> out of their sight. (I believe she is the surviving child - pls correct me if I'm wrong)
How do you trust every teacher, scout leader, etc who spends time with your child after enduring something like this - much less leave your child alone with a sitter while you have a night out as a couple.

Here is a post from the mom's blog detailing dissatisfaction with an unnamed "housekeeper" from in April of this year.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/loving_mom_online_journal_paints_J9PcFGZKJXeC1ZETuLUMsN

" "April 21, 2010: And How Can I Forget This One: Today our housekeeper was here cleaning . . . and I am not crazy about her . . . and I kindly gave her some quick directions to please clean the top of the espresso machine which she never does and was covered in coffee grinds and dust . . . and our housekeeper looked at me with a blank stare as if I were crazy and walked away . . . and seconds later, Lulu says, “Mama, I don’t think she is listening to you.” Thank you Lulu, you are right!!!!

I don't know if this is in reference to the nanny but even if it isn't, it is still interesting as it shows insight into the house staff from Marina's view.

I don't think it is.

I believe Yoselyn started working for the Krims around May/June 2010. It was June 2010 I saw she was first mentioned as "our new babysitter".

So I was able to get onto the blog and see the pics from their trip to DR.
Just to verify the trip to DR was 2/19/12 - 2/27/12 there are photo's from the airport.

Pics of her family looking very close to the kids and lots of smiles. Nothing too telling besides the dates.

I will keep looking and if i find anything else will post.

I really do not see the point in posting about the surviving child. Now that her siblings have been killed, I think we should give her some privacy...

****Just my opinion, though I know that the blog can be accessed, I do not think we should broadcast it, unless it is germane to the case*****

Haven't we all been in those shoes before! My daughter's was no more tennis lessons.

I really do not see the point in posting about the surviving child. Now that her siblings have been killed, I think we should give her some privacy...

****Just my opinion, though I know that the blog can be accessed, I do not think we should broadcast it, unless it is germane to the case*****

Ok, I won't post anything further from the blog.
I thought that one was poignant.

I'm confused. The blog is available again?

ETA: I guess so, I just saw it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-tots-allegedly-slain-nanny-article-1.1196834

Memorial service...Avery-Fischer Hall.

snip

Their heartbroken parents, Marina and Kevin Krim, of the Upper West Side,*said they wanted to &#8220;celebrate the beautiful lives of Lulu and Leo,&#8221; not*remember them as victims.
&#8220;It is important to us that they are remembered as the sweet, creative, and*fun-loving children they were,&#8221; the parents said in a statement.
*So the service began with the doomed kids&#8217; music teacher playing the song*&#8220;Daughter&#8221; by Loudon Wainwright III, featured readings from loved ones that*focused on the slain children in happier days, and closed with the Jack*Johnson song, &#8220;Go On.&#8221;
<modsnip>

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...y-slain-nanny-article-1.1196834#ixzz2BNVQsLje

Thanks to this creature's envy and greed , her son now has his name smeared in the media,and linked to her evil. Great job, YO.

The parents state:

"they wanted to &#8220;celebrate the beautiful lives of Lulu and Leo,&#8221; not*remember them as victims."

So the writer used phrases like:

"doomed kids"
"slain children"
"carnage"
"murdered kids"
"fenzied assault"
"the slayings"

I really grow less and less fond of the media moment by moment ..

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-tots-allegedly-slain-nanny-article-1.1196834

Memorial service...Avery-Fischer Hall.

snip

Their heartbroken parents, Marina and Kevin Krim, of the Upper West Side,*said they wanted to “celebrate the beautiful lives of Lulu and Leo,” not*remember them as victims.
“It is important to us that they are remembered as the sweet, creative, and*fun-loving children they were,” the parents said in a statement.
*So the service began with the doomed kids’ music teacher playing the song*“Daughter” by Loudon Wainwright III, featured readings from loved ones that*focused on the slain children in happier days, and closed with the Jack*Johnson song, “Go On.”
<modsnip>

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...y-slain-nanny-article-1.1196834#ixzz2BNVQsLje

Thanks to this creature's envy and greed , her son now has his name smeared in the media,and linked to her evil. Great job, YO.

BBM - She stated that Leo was sleeping and the attack began in the bathroom? Makes me wonder if she may have attacked Lulu while she was using the bathroom then placed Leo in there for mom to see the carnage....:furious::furious::furious: (There just isn't an emoticon here to convey how I feel about this whole thing!)

The parents state:

"they wanted to &#8220;celebrate the beautiful lives of Lulu and Leo,&#8221; not*remember them as victims."

So the writer used phrases like:

"doomed kids"
"slain children"
"carnage"
"murdered kids"
"fenzied assault"
"the slayings"

I really grow less and less fond of the media moment by moment ..

Me, too.

I think it's important for the parents and <modsnip>to remember the wonderful things about them and while it was cut too short that Leo and Lulu had meaningful lives and had lots of happiness.

Those poor children. What could the mother and father have possibly done to her to make her hate them that bad? Envy and jealousy are one thing, but to attack two children with such hate, that has to come from deep down inside.

The Lulu & Leo Fund was established in memory of Lucia (Lulu) and Leo Krim

"As the parents of Lulu and Leo, we want to honor our children through carrying on their love of arts and sciences education. Our children have loved the many art and science programs in the cities in which we have lived, such as Lulu&#8217;s beloved &#8220;Art Afternoons&#8221; class at the Metropolitan Museum of Art."

http://lululeofund.org/

It is real. There is also a FB page.

Kevin Krim once ran the Live Journal website. I like the site. I bet the picture on it is one Lulu painted.

I think it's beautiful. It shows the selflessness and grace of Lulu and leo's parents. At a time of such utter horror, they have the capacity to think of other children. Wow.

So-o-o, do WSers think that YO had accepted the Krims' offer of five extra hours of work per week and had already started working the five extra hours per week?

I think I had misinterpreted the earliest references to the "five extra hours per week" as a recent offer that YO resented so much that she had not accepted it, and that her anger was therefore assumed to be coming (at least partially) from her feeling that the offer was demeaning to her "status" and that she was therefore continuing to perform only her regular tasks.

Now I'm pretty sure I was wrong, and if YO had already started doing the work entailed in the "extra five hours per week," it would at least make a little bit of sense that she was building up resentment as she performed any/all of her daily activities that the Krims paid her for.

What is your take on the offer of extra work being made and the subsequent acceptance or refusal of the offer, etc.

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of motivation in this case, and am in no way trying to justify anything YO did.

MOO. Any thoughts? TIA.

My take is that she is insane. No amount of anger would cause a person to stab to death their employer's innocent children and then stab themselves in the neck.

This murder and suicide attempt does not follow the MO of any rage killing that is unaccompanied by serious, mental illness. It just doesn't. People who have hatred of their employers try to kill their employers. Nannies or other childcare workers who have rage against the children (or the parents) generally beat the child to death and then try to cover it up by saying the kid fell or something.

I don't think pure evil is the excuse for this either. I know that won't be a popular opinion but it is mine. Evil people who kill usually do not commit suicide unless they are related to the parents or the children of the victim, or to the victim (s), romantically involved with the parents of the victim or the victim (in the case of adults), molesting the victim, or unless they are narcissistic, dissatisfied, disgruntled creeps who feel life has nothing left to offer and they want to go out in a blaze of glory by taking down as many innocent people as they can before they themselves die, in a huge gun or bomb massacre. I do not feel this woman matches any of those scenarios.

I think she is completely mentally ill.

But before you start shouting that I believe this woman isn't culpable, I don't. I think mentally ill people are only not culpable if they are so insane that they either did not know what they were doing (thought they were squeezing a lemon, not strangling someone) or had no idea that what they were doing was wrong (were so psychotic that they believed the victim was Satan and they were saving the world). This is the legal definition of insanity and most insane people who commit violent crimes were not legally insane when they committed them.

I just don't believe that, unless a person is so mentally ill that they are slapping feces on themselves and/or trying, indiscriminately, to kill everyone or anyone in their path, that they lack choice in what they are doing.

So, while I don't think "pure evil" explains a person like this (I think that definition is more for people like joe duncan), I do think a person like this has the ability and thus, responsibility to mitigate against whatever psychotic voices are in their heads and get anyone around them out of harm's way, with the last ounce of strength in their bodies. I think this woman planned, to some degree,w hat she was going to do, knew it was wrong and should never see the outside world again. But, I do think insanity was the primary motivation - not evil, rage or revenge.

That is unbelievable. I haven't looked at the page but, even if these supporters are close friends of YO and believe she had a psychotic break, it is totally inappropriate to put the deceased child's picture on the page. I'm just speechless.

This is sick. It is so wrong, so heartless to use those angels' photos in an effort to get the nanny off. I wish FB could be prompted to force them to take that down. It is a massive slap in the face to their agonized parents and loved ones. Disgusting.

Sounds like Yoselyn Ortega is not mentally ill, but an envious and resentful person. I do not want to sound speculative, but Ortega sounds like a narcissist to me. Resentment and envy is a dangerous mix. I have seen that before with others (eg. Lori Drew, Casey Anthony, Wanda Holloway, Betty Broderick). I do know Broderick was a very envious woman driven by money and social status. She was a hard core narcissist. Ortega has some shades of Broderick. I suspect that Ortega has pent up anger that goes way back.

Sounds like Yoselyn Ortega is not mentally ill, but an envious and resentful person. I do not want to sound speculative, but Ortega sounds like a narcissist to me. Resentment and envy is a dangerous mix. I have seen that before with others (eg. Lori Drew, Casey Anthony, Wanda Holloway, Betty Broderick). I do know Broderick was a very envious woman driven by money and social status. She was a hard core narcissist.

Narcissism can be (and is) considered a mental illness.

I kinda look at it this way .. even if she is just jealous, envious, resentful ... at the point it overcomes you to the point of killing people, IT IS MENTAL ILLNESS.

Not an excuse .. but ya just gotta be sick in da head ta do somthing like that!

YNWIM???

That is unbelievable. I haven't looked at the page but, even if these supporters are close friends of YO and believe she had a psychotic break, it is totally inappropriate to put the deceased child's picture on the page. I'm just speechless.

I never understood those kind of people. They are just sick. :crazy:

Songs played at the Krim children's memorial:

"Daughter"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B06_jlEF5R8"]"Daughter" - Loudon Wainwright III (unofficial video) - YouTube[/ame]

"Go On"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsDaRh1V5Eo"]Go On -- Jack Johnson (Album Version) [with Pictures and Lyrics] - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachelle(Ru-shell)
Back