GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
*bolded by me* Well, that's seems to be an about face. Earlier her sister is reported to have said that Yoselyn told her days before that she felt like she was going insane and planned on seeing a doctor??? Or did I get that wrong? No link, I can't find the thread I originally read that on.

Excellent catch suzet. Although I *think* it might have been the neighbors in her building that said that? Not sure.

OMG. I can't believe I feel this way, but I wish she'd succeeded in killing herself. I was so anxious to hear her "reason" but the theories in my head, while unpalatable, were no where NEAR this level of cold, calculating evil.

ALOT OF PEOPLE everyday work jobs where they feel underpaid yet they stay or in meantime fill out apps for better paying one.

This excuse especially to take it out on innocent children, yes it's pure evil:furious:

*bolded by me* Well, that's seems to be an about face. Earlier her sister is reported to have said that Yoselyn told her days before that she felt like she was going insane and planned on seeing a doctor??? Or did I get that wrong? No link, I can't find the thread I originally read that on.
She has more than one sister, although I don't know exactly how many sisters she has. There are six siblings, total. The sister you have quoted from the NBCNewYork article lives in the Dominican Republic.

I wouldn't think there would be a trial as she has admitted guilt. Right?

I feel for sure there will be a trial. A defense attorney will submit a plea of not guilty. At least with this interview I think the attorney would have a difficult time pleading guilty by reason of insanity.

It was a different sister (Celia as opposed to Miladys)that said she snapped in the same breath that it was reported she was seeking professional help. So it would SEEM that the sister she lived with was the one that may have saids she was havig trouble. although there is not a direct quote in this article from People:
snip
"Over the last couple of months was not herself," family members told detectives, report

snip

Equally baffled are those closest to the nanny. "She snapped," her tearful sister, Celia Ortega, told the New York Post. "We don’t understand what happened to her mind."

Celia told the paper she would tell her sister, "I'd give you my life," if it would bring back Lucia and Leo.

"She was, according to others, seeking some professional help," chief police spokesperson Paul J. Browne said of Yoselyn Ortega, adding, "There were financial concerns."

"She lost a lot of weight. She looked very unhealthy. It looked like she was going through some problems," Ortega's neighbor, Ruben Diaz, 49, told the Post. "She had aged a lot – like seven years in a few months.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20642940,00.html

OMG. I can't believe I feel this way, but I wish she'd succeeded in killing herself. I was so anxious to hear her "reason" but the theories in my head, while unpalatable, were no where NEAR this level of cold, calculating evil.

From the recent snips from the reports I have read here, there is this strange eerie sick feeling I have that the nanny still feels this way. Like, for her, her reasons are still justified for "hurting" those children. Like she'd do it all over again if she had the chance. Like she still feels taken advantage of! Ugh! Incomprehensible evil.
These are my thoughts anyway.

"Trips?" I read about one trip the family took and they paid for her plane ticket. Were there several trips taken to the DR?

Actually, according to Marina's blog, they took a trip to Nicaragua. Can't remember though if it was this year or last year and I'm really not sure if psycho nanny accompanied them or not.

I really hope that at some point she puts the blog back up...it's such a special tribute to her children. On the other hand maybe she feels it's too personal and she doesn't want to share it with the masses....and the judgmental crazies.

So what happened to her money? She had enough money to rent her own apt while working for the Krims. Why didn't she find another apt when she left the Bronx? This doesn't make since, if she can afford one apt while employed as a nanny, she could afford another apt in the same price range. UNLESS she started spending her money in another way.

From the recent snips from the reports I have read here, there is this strange eerie sick feeling I have that the nanny still feels this way. Like, for her, her reasons are still justified for "hurting" those children. Like she'd do it all over again if she had the chance. Like she still feels taken advantage of! Ugh! Incomprehensible evil.
These are my thoughts anyway.

I would have liked to click "Thanks" a hundred times on your post.

The Lulu & Leo Fund was established in memory of Lucia (Lulu) and Leo Krim

"As the parents of Lulu and Leo, we want to honor our children through carrying on their love of arts and sciences education. Our children have loved the many art and science programs in the cities in which we have lived, such as Lulu’s beloved “Art Afternoons” class at the Metropolitan Museum of Art."

http://lululeofund.org/

I wouldn't think there would be a trial as she has admitted guilt. Right?

It is interesting that she admitted only to "hurting them" and wonder what the implication is there.
But think how important that interview is going to be in terms of evidence. If a defense attorney can say she was not fully coherent from the coma or pain meds or whatever when she talked to them her info could be tossed. Might say she didn't understand she could have an attorney present.

This is part of the reason LE took their time and hopefully have preserved anything she may have said if it goes to trial.

My guess is that she will want a plea bargain. Insanity defense is about her only option for trial and it is not usually successful.
However having said that- being a woman and a caretaker of the children and with so many around that know how much she loved them an insanity defense is what I think will happen if there is a trial. She really doesn't have any other way to go except hope she is a sympathetic character. But since she killed children that were not the source of her trouble I don't think sympathy is going to be in abundance.

If she did indeed tell officers that she was very angry with the family- I think that will work against her and that hospital interview is going to become all important.

The Lulu & Leo Fund was established in memory of Lucia (Lulu) and Leo Krim

"As the parents of Lulu and Leo, we want to honor our children through carrying on their love of arts and sciences education. Our children have loved the many art and science programs in the cities in which we have lived, such as Lulu’s beloved “Art Afternoons” class at the Metropolitan Museum of Art."

http://lululeofund.org/

Hmmm. I am a little suspicious of this. Seems a little unsophisticated to me. Maybe I'm just cynical, but for a family that hasn't released anything publicly (except for a text or email Mr. K sent to his friends), seems weird they would have a fund established. I think it's a great idea, so that's not my issue. Just doesn't seem to fit to me.

Hmmm. I am a little suspicious of this. Seems a little unsophisticated to me. Maybe I'm just cynical, but for a family that hasn't released anything publicly (except for a text or email Mr. K sent to his friends), seems weird they would have a fund established. I think it's a great idea, so that's not my issue. Just doesn't seem to fit to me.

I too was a little suspicious, too many like to get donations for tragedies. I did a quick domain search, it is registered to GODADDY. My personal opinion is that the Krims would not choose GODADDY

Domain ID:D167000389-LROR
Domain Name:LULULEOFUND.ORG
Created On:31-Oct-2012 17:14:15 UTC
Last Updated On:31-Oct-2012 17:14:15 UTC
Expiration Date:31-Oct-2013 17:14:15 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR127793693
Registrant Name:Registration Private
Registrant Organization:Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street1:DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street2:14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province:Arizona
Registrant Postal Code:85260
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+1.4806242598
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:mad:domainsbyproxy.com

It is real. There is also a FB page.

Kevin Krim once ran the Live Journal website. I like the site. I bet the picture on it is one Lulu painted.

Yes... It seems a little premature to me...

I would think it is pretty early for the Krimms to be making these decisions...

but this is JMO

I would guess they have been gently approached by numerous friends as to what could be done as a way for those who loved these precious children and their parents to honor their memory. Like you, I think it's a great idea. I can't imagine someone would attempt a fraud in this way, but then, unfortunately, I also know anything's possible. However, it seems others are saying this is legit, so that is a good sign.

I would guess they have been gently approached by numerous friends as to what could be done as a way for those who loved these precious children and their parents to honor their memory. Like you, I think it's a great idea. I can't imagine someone would attempt a fraud in this way, but then, unfortunately, I also know anything's possible. However, it seems others are saying this is legit, so that is a good sign.

I agree. I think it is a wonderful way to honor their children. To make something good come out of such a horrific act.

"Meanwhile, a memorial service for the two children the nanny allegedly murdered was held this afternoon at Manhattan Beach.

The children’s parents, Kevin and Marina Krim, both have ties to Southern California.

CBS2 and KCAL9 reporter Greg Mills attended the emotional memorial.

“It’s a horrible nightmare, I can’t even imagine,” said family friend Patricia Olsen. “When you have someone you trust with your children, this kind of betrayal must be unimaginable. The pain and suffering they can never wake up from.”

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012...-for-2-children-allegedly-slain-by-nyc-nanny/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back