You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lacey love the icons. Yes

Lacey love your icon. Yes! KC does look like chicken little.

:iamashamed0005:You know you are obsessed when you take the Target receipt printouts to Target and look for each bar coded item to see exactly what it was she bought. Now that is a true confession!

p.s. this is something I have never told anyone before. only my fellow WS's could maybe begin to understand (and that is big maybe!)

When you have been wating for months for the painters to confirm that they're ready to finally begin painting the interior of the house. And now they're ready. And you're PO'ed. Because now you have to empty closets, really clean properly and figure out where the best wireless reception is on each level, so you won't miss anything when you're kicked out of your office.

You go out an buy a special see-through bin so you can carry your case notes and docs around the house with you as they move from room to room, and you can't bear to not have them at hand. (meh - the mail and bills will just get shoved in a drawer though.) Priorities, people - it's all about priorities!

Ha! Still not a true addict. We stopped using real dishes back in August. I'm making money on my Dixie stock now, though - thanks to you all.

omg...guess it's time for the paper and plastic aisle. :crazy:

These are all good....

I actually look forward to going to work - at least there I don't have to share my computer....

:bang:When you realize that you're even more disgusted with the A's than you are with Speidi.

This thread is priceless! I'm guilty of 95% of every post I've read! LOL

You know you're addicted when:

1. You read a post that makes reference to 'CA washing the slacks' and it reminds you that you forgot to put clothes in the dryer that went through the washer two days before.

2. Your computer desk holds a supply of crackers, a jar of peanut butter, and a knife so that you can eat something at lunchtime every day without leaving the pc.

3. You know you've been at the computer way too long when you suddenly realize with a shock that the sun has gone down and the house is in total darkness!

You know you are obsessed with the case when your five year old comes home from school and announces, we have a new girl in our class, named Caylee, but it is not the one that's missing....

When you are in the hospital with pneumonia and you beg the doctor to let you go home to take care of your family responsibilities, ie..you don't have a laptop... (yep, I did this, heeheehee )

When your cat gives you "the look" because he has to eat canned dog food, again

When you get your cable bill and it is $40.00 over average because you have rented too many on demand movies to keep the little ones busy...:eek:

This thread is awesome--How about "you know you're addicted when
You go downstairs just to "make sure that your computer is turned off", and an hour and half later you appear back in your bedroom to an annoyed spouse--I bet he thinks I'm having an internet affair!!

My husband has been very patient with me, however, I have just stopped trying to convince him that even if NG says it's a BOMBSHELL that we (WS) knew about that 2 days ago....He replies..then why can't I watch football? grrrrrrrr....because I have to watch it AND read about it at the same time, I could have missed something important....He just doesn't get it.

Ha! Still not a true addict. We stopped using real dishes back in August. I'm making money on my Dixie stock now, though - thanks to you all.

OMG, that is hillarious, just last night my son asked, "should I get the plastic stuff out of the picnic basket again mom...." :eek:

You go downstairs just to "make sure that your computer is turned off", and an hour and half later you appear back in your bedroom to an annoyed spouse--I bet he thinks I'm having an internet affair!!

Too funny... my kids hear me late at night on my computer and I tell them I was checking the weather, I thought the weatherman said it was going to snow...can't be too prepared.:)

LOL! My fiance asked me last night if he needed to be worried. I had no idea what he was talking about. He thought I had found an internet honey since I have recently been online at all hours of the day and night. I reassured him and he is fine, but it just goes to show how this case can really affect you.

When you keep Googling Caylee's name every 10 minutes from work to see if there's any news...When you expressly forbid anyone to call you when Nancy Grace is on...When you keep you tuning into Greta every night on the slim chance that she's going to say something about the case...When you go on vacation and make sure TiVo is set to record every single episode of NG...when you check this forum compulsively to see what others think...I could go on forever!

1.Your dog's name is Chloe but you have been accidentally calling her "Caylee" for months.
2. You find yourself clipping coupons for eye drops because you use them so much.
3. Everyone you know rolls their eyes and goes the other way because they know you are going to pump them for their opinion about something you are bouncing around in your brain.
4. You start to hope the WSers will purchase and donate an iron lung for you someday because you have doubled your amount of smoking!

You skip shaving your legs in the morning so you can have 5 minutes extra to log into WebSleuths before going to work! :rolleyes:

1. You forget your husband's first name and call him George by accident.
2. You start looking closely at every dark haired little girl who passes your path.
3. You look up how to make cholorinal.
4. You absent-mindedly get your hair cut like Casey's.
I've done all of these and I'm not asking for one bit of forgiveness.

When every work or household task is done in 5 minute increments, so you can run back to your desk and hit refresh.

Five minutes? That's pretty generous. Heck I've given up housework alltogether. "You want clean clothes? Go buy some new ones."

You know your addicted to this case when you travel 10 hours by car with two kids to visit family you haven't seen for two years. Family has no internet service so you drive down to a local park across the street from a hospital (WiFi) 3 times a day to check WS and download docs.

I actually did this 3 weeks ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb
Back