You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
During Baez OS you notice everyone of his errors as he's saying them, you don't need to go back an research 3 years worth of written, video and oral information. You know the case by heart, in fact you become a walking "file" of the case, right down to what every imaginary friend said on specific days, every toy caylee had, the timelines and overlapping time lines of her boyfriends, what car they drove,. I'm quicker than a zip file.

Heck, by now I know what questions they are going to ask and I even know the answer.

Put me on the stand, I could play all the parts, the trial will go much quicker.

During Baez OS you notice everyone of his errors as he's saying them, you don't need to go back an research 3 years worth of written, video and oral information. You know the case by heart, in fact you become a walking "file" of the case, right down to what every imaginary friend said on specific days, every toy caylee had, the timelines and overlapping time lines of her boyfriends, what car they drove,. I'm quicker than a zip file.

Heck, by now I know what questions they are going to ask and I even know the answer.

Put me on the stand, I could play all the parts, the trial will go much quicker.

Loved this, shelbar, but it wouldn't work . . . You're too smart to play the defense team's role. :giggle:

I know I'm addicted because I can't have a conversation without bringing up something about the trial... including a lengthy discussion this past weekend with my mom about the Anthonys deciding to get rid of the grass in their backyard and whether my parents should do the same. We also discussed whether it would be useful to have three sheds for any reason, and whether all three sheds were still necessary when you had eliminated the grass. :rolleyes:

I also explained to my daughter about "excited utterances" and then caught her explaining it to her cousin. They are both under the age of ten. :crazy:

1. You work during the day, but you found a way to update the boss on your actual work, only during recesses and 90 min lunch. (and hope he leaves you alone till next break)

2. Not only does your friends and family roll their eyes at you as you discuss case, that won't stop you from explaining to them exactly what you planned on.

3. After you watch streaming, and after you leave the chat or boards, you immediately sign back in to see whom else commented.

4. You wonder if you did a shot every time the judge over-ruled JB's objections how close to 9 am you would be drunk.

5. I daydream about the day I can read the "sidebar transcript" If the judge is this bold to put JB in his place in front of the world and jurors, can you imagine what is said to JB in private?

6. You can't stop thinking about that 911 call, and knew years ago that the "I've been looking for her" will ultimately be ICA's demise.

You have your husband go through a 45 minute tutorial on how to use twitter and put it on your smartphone so that you can hear updates while at a training tomorrow..... AFTER contemptating whether or not the instructors would notice earbuds in your ears so you could actualy watch the trial :)
ETA:
You start trying to teach your 18 month old how to count in Spanish to see if he can get to 40 and he looks at you, laughs and says 1??

1. I have cleared the books for the next 8 or so weeks.
2. I make all my appointments for after 2pm (west coast)
3. I bought an Android so I could figure out how to get live video on it so if I do have to go anywhere I can listen in the car and sneak peeks at it while I am out.
4. When I go out to lunch with my daughter and boyfriend they have to warn me not to listen to the trial at the restaurant.
5. Because Monday was a holiday I went to my formerly daily noon meeting and told them I would see them in about 8 weeks.
6. Have my daughter hooked on watching it too and when she calls and asks a question about something she saw I either know the answer off the top of my head or I know how to find it.
7. Already know the answer to just about every question that a witness is asked.
8. I yell at the tv like I am watching a football game.
9. I am up every day there is court at 5:30 am. Yeah, me.

This whole thread gave me a good laugh, which I needed. Yeah, I am guilty of almost all of these. I find myself checking the weather in Orlando even though I live in New Jersey; the Honorable Judge Belvin Perry is starting to look sexy to me; and when I had a severe asthma attack and went to the ER, instead of my own life flashing before my eyes, the Anthony's lives did.

My daughter said your addicted when your mom keeps calling your best friend Zanny by accident. ( I have to keep apologizing because her name really is Vanny). And Vanny knows about the case since she just came back from Fl. I really feel bad.

Add to it all the tv analyst being corrected by ws'ers and yelled at for not being up to date on the case.

I carry my I-PAD there hoping no one in my household comes home to see me coming out!!

I can relate Amil! If I am not using my cell phone, I am carrying my Macbook from room to room with me! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Absolutely!

I would only add;

Relatives (casual observers) call for daily updates, because they no longer trust the news reports. (I may have voiced my opinion about how ignorant they are once or twice *we are NOT in FL*

1. I have cleared the books for the next 8 or so weeks.
2. I make all my appointments for after 2pm (west coast)
3. I bought an Android so I could figure out how to get live video on it so if I do have to go anywhere I can listen in the car and sneak peeks at it while I am out.4. When I go out to lunch with my daughter and boyfriend they have to warn me not to listen to the trial at the restaurant.
5. Because Monday was a holiday I went to my formerly daily noon meeting and told them I would see them in about 8 weeks.
6. Have my daughter hooked on watching it too and when she calls and asks a question about something she saw I either know the answer off the top of my head or I know how to find it.
7. Already know the answer to just about every question that a witness is asked.
8. I yell at the tv like I am watching a football game.
9. I am up every day there is court at 5:30 am. Yeah, me.

Would this work on the Droid phone? Can you share how this works?? TIA

I can relate Amil! If I am not using my cell phone, I am carrying my Macbook from room to room with me! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Happy to be in such good company, I have a laptop in my room, carry it to the kitchen for coffee, leave it to go to my office where I have another lap top and desk top set up on live feeds..

My middle son says..."god you're sick" (Tommy Boy movie) reference more than once!

Your daughter in college texts you for updates on the trial, and you don't have to think twice about the answer, and can give her document references to back eveything up!

When you are down to one roll of toilet paper in the whole house because you are too busy with this trial to go to the store, and you decide to put it in the most used bathroom and contemplate limiting the amount of squares allowed per person!!!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: +1 The best one I've heard. Me too! Husband said today that Florida should just let me render a decision and they shouldn't waste all that time and money on the trial.

I retired so I could watch this live in real time ........
Showers are at 5 min recess - potty breaks at sidebars - trips to the grocery store
at very odd hours - am going to pay my rent through the drop slot after midnight so the office lady doesnt try and talk to me.
A good thing the swelling in my lower legs is greatly reduced because I am OFF MY FEET .
I am trying to think of a good project once the trial is over - hmmmmm

1. You walk around the house with a laptop
2. Your husband has learned in just a few days that calls will only be taken during "special breaks" and "lunch breaks"
3. The car is out of rego but it doesn't matter because you don't intend driving anywhere anyway
4. You see a thunderstorm coming over the mountains and hope it doesn't knock the electriity out BUT just in case you get the Droid ready
5. Showers happen out of court hours
6. You can wake at 5am Pacific Time without an alarm
7. You cry so much more
8. You cheer for the state and cuss like a sailor at the DT
9. You can actually read and understand hundreds ot thoussands of posts daily and without thinking you know who LA, AH, CA, ICA, KC, GA, JB, JP, CM, AF, JA, JG etc are
10. You don't know the names of the jurors but you know the numbers, where they are sitting and a brief description of each
11. Your husband starts listening at work so he knows when it is ok to call
12. Eating is really over rated
13. Your home help has to ask three times where something is before you actually hear them
14. You wait until all three dogs are at the door with their legs crossed before walking over laptop in hand to let them out
15. You manage to bring the case up in every conversation you have
16. You wonder what you are going to do with the 2inch notebook you have containing every interview, every new piece of evidence, every deposition, every note after the case
17. You look forward to the day Dr Vass, Yuri Melich and Dr G take the stand
18. You know the answers to all the questions the state asks and you cuss at the feeds when JB asks a question
19. You hate seeing a roll of duct tape

Lastly ... 31 days is no longer how many days there are in some months .... it's how many days a darling little girl named Caylee was missing before it was reported.

When you look at the names of the coming hurricane season...and instantly spot key players.

Arlene
Bret
Cindy
Don
Emily
Franklin
Gert
Harvey
Irene
Jose
Katia
Lee
Maria
Nate
Ophelia
Philippe
Rina
Sean
Tammy
Vince
Whitney

You work a full time a job, then come home and watch trial video for the next 6-7 hours every night since this started because you don't want to miss anything. I fast-forward through all the sidebars, jury coming and going, but I am able to fit it all of the important stuff in each day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie
Back