You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know you're addicted to this case when.....you consider taking a leave of absence from work just so that you can watch the trial on t.v. during business hours. :rocker:

When you walk from room-to-room doing chores with your iPhone tuned into CNN to watch the trial so you don't miss a thing.

TV on in 3 rooms
2 computers running

This way I can listen to the trial wherever I'm at in the house, and then unmute the tvl during breaks so I can get the re-caps from the talking head -- just in case I missed a second.

Dang, no wonder our electric bill has gone up :)

Mel

You know you're addicted to the case when you're on the west coast and you don't need an alarm to watch the trial start at 6AM everyday!

I'm a night owl but I've been wide awake every morning. I'll admit it is taking a toll, Friday and Saturday I slept through most of JB's blathering. Jeez that man is annoying, my sympathy to the jurors.

I'm a west coaster too, like LCoastMom. and as usual I was up at 5:00am this morning, for my early morning trial watching.:great:

Oh, no-o-o, I'm not addicted to the trial at all. I just stopped in to see if anyone knows what time court starts on Sunday.....:innocent: .................:giggle:

You know you're addicted to the case when you start watching everynight at 11pm (our time), then have the laptop in bed with you and watch it through the night before getting up and watching 'good morning america' you've taped overnight and can't wait for HLN to start on 'timer' to continue your fix. Oh and when all your lovers, friends and friends kids start asking you how the trial's going and know a good amount of the details themselves even though this case hasn't hit the news in Australia.

Wow, that's dedication Mrs. G! You've probably messed up your sleep schedule. So you're watching the trial the next day after you've recorded it?

No watching the trial live although yes, miss some bits .. and yes sleep pattern shattered no doubt :)

I have found myself when discussing this case to my family. I am now using the phrase "we". Such as "we were saying....." Describing my fellow WSers. Hee Hee!

The other day I was watching the trial live and following on here with you all at the same time. I looked at the clock and knew I needed to start dinner.

My dh got home a couple hours early. He asked "what's for dinner?"
I said "just order pizza".
He said "we had pizza yesterday".
I said "then order Chinese".
Dh had this odd look on his face and said--"You mean we're having take out 2 nights in a row?"

I looked squarely at him and said--"What's your point? :floorlaugh: I'm following the trial."

I think next week I'll offer him cereal for dinner.:great:

I'm retired and DH works still and it's just us two now, but I've gone back to the days when we both worked full time and had the kids home and I would make almost the whole week's dinners in advance on the weekend. Except I only know how to make those things in large quantities (used to feed 6)...so I freeze a lot and he may have a week or two of "just nuke another slab of lasagne for your dinner, hon...." as we go along. Or "there's leftover chicken, just throw some in with some frozen pasta veggies for your dinner.....) Our microwave is getting tired already and the trial just started....:floorlaugh:

My daughter threatened me with making me get a job. She feels I need to get out of the house. I am 43 years old young lady. I can stay home if I want to!! What the heck am I gonna do when this is over?

You know you're addicted when your hubby FINALLY says, what's happening now and turns the TV on to watch. Wants me to explain the hair banding, and mitochondrial DNA to him. Sheesh!

I'm on summer break and have been spending all of my time indoors watching the trial (on both tv and on my computer). So many other things I should be doing...lol

Oh, I also get up to watch the case and only start to get ready for the day when they go to lunch recess. I need to get a life. My husband thinks I've lost it.

I have found myself when discussing this case to my family. I am now using the phrase "we". Such as "we were saying....." Describing my fellow WSers. Hee Hee!

lol. I do this too.

When you've bought and set up a swimming pool for the family and realize that you've yet to even dip a toe into the water yet.... After 3 weeks!

You know you're addicted when someone needs the computer and you get really angry with them.

You know you're addicted when you look at the date school lets out (June 24th) and wonder how you're going to juggle watching the trial and make it to the school bus on time and hope and pray a verdict is reached before school lets out for the summer.

You know you're addicted when you think about what's for dinner and plan your day around watching the trial, fixing dinner, doing laundry, getting a shower, etc. :banghead:

I have been sucked in big time...

My boys...(I have 8, ages 23, 21, 20, 18, 17, 11 and 6 total and often joke that they are really bad lawyers) were arguing with me the other night...jokingly telling me I didn't have the right to do something...

I said "That is as bad as a lawyer telling a judge he should not have sustained an objection...

Everyone went silent...20 yr old...says...no way...he didn't...KC's lawyer didn't do that...man...he is nuts...

That is how bad it is...I really try not to talk a lot about it...but everyone knows JB.

Also, I have bought the following books...

Small Sacrifice (Diane Downs) man...the similarities are scary
Mommy Dearest
Innocent Man by John Grisham...there is NO similarity here...JA, YM et al are much more prepared and competent. KC is not as mentally incompetent and this trial is going much better than that one. Not quite finished reading this one...seriously...I think JB really wants to win...not because he believes she is innocent...but because he wants the fame for it...I am afraid he is going to end up like Yertle the turtle...kerplunk
The Stranger Next to Me...(Ted Bundy) The Sociopathic tenancies are freaky...watch it JB she just may come get you next

you know you are addicted to this case when you have a vacation scheduled in 2 weeks to the Smoky Mountains and consider calling Dollywood to inquire about TV's in the park ("ummmm do you have any TV's in the park where people can watch late breaking news and if so, can I pop in every now and then to watch In Sessions?") Ten days of no trial is going to kill me!

You know you are addicted to this case when you are locked out of the board even after you have verified your email address and you go into PANIC MODE.

I was only locked out for one evening and I about lost it...

You know you're addicted when your friends call and ask you what's the latest. :floorlaugh:

You know you're addicted when your hubby FINALLY says, what's happening now and turns the TV on to watch. Wants me to explain the hair banding, and mitochondrial DNA to him. Sheesh!

Don't you just hate it when you have to "tutor" someone when you NEED to be listening??????:floorlaugh:

You know you're addicted when....you've been glued to the tube so long you've lost all feeling in your lower extremities! My "exercise" these days is running between the living room (where the TV is) to the bedroom (where the computer is), ping-ponging back and forth between live coverage, Websleuths, Twitter and TWO TV station websites. Thank God my husband shares my obsession with this trial ...it could be grounds for divorce, otherwise :):woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back