Zahra Baker's Biological Mother

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
)snipped)

"ZAHRA BAKER overcame plenty of hardship during her 10 years of life.

The freckle-faced girl with the beaming smile was rejected at birth by her mother,

http://www.smh.com.au/world/at-last-zahra-can-be-laid-to-rest-20101113-17ruq.html

BBM

What a cruel thing to print! :furious:

Yes, and yet another UNTRUTH/LIE by the media. She was NOT rejected at birth. Emily struggled thru her depression until Zahra was almost 2 years old and then thought the best thing would be to let Adam have her WHILE she recovered from her depression. It's so cruel he and his mother used this woman's illness to keep her from her child -- and to keep Zahra from her mother. That is NOT love, that is possession. I think the only family member who actually loved Zahra was Emily.

Video for above can be seen at "Zarah's mothers heartbreak" (3:09)

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/

Emily is an amazingly strong woman. I am in awe of her.

In this video Emily says the investigators made her a bracelet. That is so good to hear she will always have that even though it was for such an awful thing. Wonder if they made one for AB...doubt it, jmo.

Lets hope he will wear a special solid 2-wrist bracelet :dance:

She's with Caylee, Haleigh, Sandra, Lacey, Conner, Jessica, and all of the children in Heaven together with the angels and God looking after and caring for them as they should, as princes and princesses!!!
God bless all the children in Heaven!

We'll see you very soon and be together for eternity !!! Praise Jesus!

I wish there were an address where we can send our sympathy and words of comfort to Emilly.

Yes, I would like to do that also. Maybe we can send condolences via the Aus news crew who accompanied her? When I saw this clip at http://www.wcnc.com/news/Dietrich-It...108008279.html , I was so heartened to hear her appreciation of the support she received so far. Through the nightmare that has been her visit to the US, (to paraphrase), she has seen the beauty of the area and the community. That's one very special lady who can think of other people's feelings in the middle of such terrible personal loss.

I for one would never judge her for her earlier decision to give up Zahra temporarily. Clearly, this woman is a loving mother and when she made that decision, it was an act of love at the time, not rejection, and obviously a wrench which she never imagined would be permanent.

Emily is a very smart lady and may, over time, chose to take a more public role to support change in her home country that resulted in Zahra being taken from her without her permission. That's the time when she's going to need the most support, especially after the press have moved onto another story.

My opinion, as always.

In this video Emily says the investigators made her a bracelet. That is so good to hear she will always have that even though it was for such an awful thing. Wonder if they made one for AB...doubt it, jmo.

That video gave me chills. For Emily to be able to show such dignity in such tragic circumstances, shows what courage and strength of character she has. Yep you can see where Zahra got that from! And the bracelet, that the whole LE team is also wearing,..... :cry:

I must have skimmed past the comment in one of the Australian media articles about her abandoning Zahra, how cruel :furious:

I'm very surprised Emily is returning to Australia so soon. Although this may appear rather graphic and morbid, would LE release Zahra's remains so soon? It was my understanding that PM Gillard was overseeing consulate officials to return both Emily and Zahra back to Australia.

Perhaps Emily needs to be near her other children, I'm sure I would in such circumstances.

If it were me, I would also want to return at some point if someone's charged - one would assume that's part of the grieving process, i.e. to be there during court proceedings etc.

I must have skimmed past the comment in one of the Australian media articles about her abandoning Zahra, how cruel :furious:

I'm very surprised Emily is returning to Australia so soon. Although this may appear rather graphic and morbid, would LE release Zahra's remains so soon? It was my understanding that PM Gillard was overseeing consulate officials to return both Emily and Zahra back to Australia.

Perhaps Emily needs to be near her other children, I'm sure I would in such circumstances.

If it were me, I would also want to return at some point if someone's charged - one would assume that's part of the grieving process, i.e. to be there during court proceedings etc.
JMO and I would think she wants to go home to be with her children and family. Since the PM has stepped up - whenever Zahra is released to the family, she'll be flown home. The ME and SBI will probably take at least a couple of weeks (if not more) before they release her.

By going home, ED can start to heal and make arrangements for Zahra to come home.

2010 and Women are often still damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Ain't it the truth. My heart breaks for ED, yet the media(& NG) seem to be determined to twist the facts around and make ED look like the "bad parent". I don't think ZB was abused, murdered and then dismembered on ED's watch.

Ain't it the truth. My heart breaks for ED, yet the media(& NG) seem to be determined to twist the facts around and make ED look like the "bad parent". I don't think ZB was abused, murdered and then dismembered on ED's watch.

Can I ask how the media is twisting the facts in regard to ED ??? I haven't seen any reports that are twisting facts. I've seen people who think she could have and should have done things differently but that's all ?

Interesting comment made by Emily. She commented that there's a possibility AB is not involved.

This case is so confusing :banghead:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...s-of-her-anguish/story-e6frea73-1225953441699

I find this comment very interesting. I'd really like to know if the two comments (below) were made back to back as they are published in the story because IMO it changes the context. It makes it seem as if something she was told by LE makes it possible to question if he was involved. I'd also love to know if ED has spoken with AB at all. I know it if were me I would have (even before coming to the US). Oh what I would do to have heard that conversation if it did take place.

<modsnip>

I find this comment very interesting. I'd really like to know if the two comments (below) were made back to back as they are published in the story because IMO it changes the context. It makes it seem as if something she was told by LE makes it possible to question if he was involved. I'd also love to know if ED has spoken with AB at all. I know it if were me I would have (even before coming to the US). Oh what I would do to have heard that conversation if it did take place.

There was a 'but' after that sentence. From the video that this snip was taken from:

RO:" .... But Emily is keeping an open mind."

ED: "I have to take a step back and think of the possiblility that maybe Adam wasn't involved, and maybe he is hurting as well".

RO: "But if he is charged with his daughters murder...."

ED: "I can't even attempt to guess the anger that's going to come out of me when we find out."

(RO = Robert Ovadia)

^^This was a voice-over, rather than a sit down person to person, uncut video, so still can't say for sure if they ran back to back.

I notice she said when not if we find out.

Also re: misinformation from media regarding ED, is in reference to Oz media saying Zahra was 'rejected at birth', which is not true. That gives the image of ED doing a runner from the hospital, but she was in Zahra's life up until aprox 2 yrs of age, and allegedly signed custody over to AD because of a depressive illness.

Can I ask how the media is twisting the facts in regard to ED ??? I haven't seen any reports that are twisting facts. I've seen people who think she could have and should have done things differently but that's all ?

http://www.smh.com.au/world/at-last-zahra-can-be-laid-to-rest-20101113-17ruq.html

'The freckle-faced girl with the beaming smile was rejected at birth by her mother..'

Untrue, and mean. Emily wanted to be in Zahra's life, she was awarded joint custody, but her attempts to see Zahra and maintain contact were thwarted.

Zahra Baker’s mother tearfully expressed her thanks to investigators for their tireless work finding her daughter, and helping her “get her daughter back in her life.”

Emily Dietrich headed home to Australia Sunday evening after spending an emotional four days in North Carolina. While here, she visited the memorial to her daughter outside the Bakers’ former home, and listened as police gave her terrible news -- that remains found in Caldwell County belonged to Zahra.

Before she left, she sat down for an exclusive interview for NewsChannel 36, in which she called her painful journey “a blessing in disguise.”

(more including a video)

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Dietrich-It-brought-me-closer-to-her-108008279.html

How nice that a local family invited her over for dinner before she left.

Emily certainly comes across as a caring and decent human being, and I am sure she is. Her words are gracious and full of gratitude for Zahra's "adopted" community of Hickory NC. Emily had the media's full attention- she could have been full of bitterness, rage and judgment... but she took the high road, and good for her. So unlike someone else whose name will not be mentioned!!

Thank you for sharing this darlin gal. ED appears to me to have handled this with grace, humility and aplomb. May she have safe travels and all the strength she needs to get through Zahra's birthday tomorrow.

That being said, I see by the comments over on that site (6 so far) that the torch-and-pitchfork crowd is up early this morning. Ynot needs to rant a little; if you have not had your coffee yet, perhaps best to scroll ahead. Mind the pools of bitterness and sarcasm.

ETA-- I just get tired of seeing ED beat up one side and down the other by commenters on other sites which lack the standards that WS holds dear.

I just realized that it's already her birthday in Australia, so I wonder if Emily is quietly wishing her happy birthday mid flight. If she left Sunday night US east coast time, she's not going to arrive home until US east coast time tonight, and that's say 10 am or so Tuesday morning of Zahra's birthday. But it's actually after midnight now in Sydney, so depending on where you feel it most appropriate to mark the date......it may be time to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN HEAVEN ZAHRA and thinking of you Emily XXXXX

The woman is Class personified, it's pretty certain Zahra would have grown up to be the same, a credit to her Mum. She has shown such grace and dignity throughout this whole agonising ordeal putting to shame all the mean-spirited and spiteful individuals out there who have attacked and put her down. I wish her a safe journey and the hope that she can come to terms with her terrible loss and find peace of mind in the future resisting the temptation to blame herself.

And yes, it's Zahra's birthday in Oz, happy birthday in Heaven little sweetie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back