Zanny, Zanax, Xanax, Zanny the nanny *merged threads*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have better food than schoolchildren.

I was recently at the Orange County Jail (for work purposes!) and was in the building where the food is prepped. That place smelled like a cross between mildew and body odor. I was in all of the buildings that day and that smell was the food - it wasn't in any other building there. No way they eat better in the Orange County Jail than in our schools. (Thank goodness!) :eek:

True. But none of my closest friends knew I was doing it either. To them it just looked like I was hammered...but I was basically a zombie in a dream world.

1) I disagree with your statement that you don't have to abuse it to have a blackout, you most certainly do.

2) In the circle of friends that Casey travelled in and in the way she tangled herself in the lifes of the guys she was dating there is no way that they would not know if she had a problem with Alcohol and zanax.
3) If she did have that kind of problem someone in those LE interviews would have said so. As a matter of fact the detective even asked one of them if she had a drinking or drug problem and they said no.

If she did let her die because she was all zonked on xanax I think she would have asked for help.

She prolly was a user tho-- Xanax withdrawal often leads to seizures.

What about the seizure she had a while back? That has always stuck in my mind.....could be a lie too just like the small stroke she said her father had.....

BINGO! She did have a seizure and one of her boys took her to the hospital. Apparently Cindy knew about this.

Who took her to the hospital?

Actually for as long as you've had your hair--they can test from root to ends

So if you're hair is down to your shoulders and you estimate that hair grows approx 6 inches in 1 year then you have at least 2 years of evidence on your head

So they can pull some strands and say with a degree of certainty if you did drugs in May of 2007 using the hair they pulled today

They can even do this with ppl who have died then years later a reason for a specific autopsy comes up((a woman killed her hubby using arsenic then her new hubby died from arsenic poisoning))
I won't be surprised if Caycee pulls a head shaving episode like BSpears to avoid testing.....wait....there's hair elsewhere.......

1) I disagree with your statement that you don't have to abuse it to have a blackout, you most certainly do.

2) In the circle of friends that Casey travelled in and in the way she tangled herself in the lifes of the guys she was dating there is no way that they would not know if she had a problem with Alcohol and zanax.
3) If she did have that kind of problem someone in those LE interviews would have said so. As a matter of fact the detective even asked one of them if she had a drinking or drug problem and they said no.

The second time I ever took Xanax I had a blackout all night. The first time my GF took it she had a crazy all night blackout. Many friends I have tell the same stories to me. If you down a few shots, beers, and take a whole zbar (1mg pill)...partying (as many of KC photos would suggest) its not hard to accomplish. I read some of the IMs when she was chattin with one of her boy toys about if he was gonna have xanax and she was waiting for the babysitter. I think that was around the time frame they believe Caylee disappeared. I'm not saying this is prob what happend, but it is possible.

Oh PULEEZE!
"(a woman killed her hubby using arsenic then her new hubby died from arsenic poisoning)"

She couldn't think of anything new? Or she didn't want to mess with a plan that worked for her in the past.

That reminds me....

How about the Cyanide that they detected in Casey's (Cindy's) car? Have they released any more info on that in the new 600 pages of documents they released today?

Bolded by me...

:eek:
They found cyanide? I thought it was chloroform?
Are they the same with different names:waitasec:

I'm new so I appologize in advance if this has been discussed.

I live in the Orlando area and have been following this case pretty closely, plus my GF friends run in the same social circles as KC.

I used to have an "issue" with the drug Xanax a few years ago and just wanted to make a couple of comments. I see a lot of references to the term Zani/Zanny and IMO this is almost all in reference to Xanax. The term is very popular (at least in this area) and typically its used in sort of a code for example "How's Aunt Zanni doing" which = "Did you get any Xanax".

I think its safe to say KC has alcohol and xanax abuse problems which brings me to something i fear about this. The combination of alcohol and xanax even in relatively small amounts can and quite often does lead to longterm blackouts. During my not so proud days of this I would be up for 5-6 hours in a complete blackout doing all kinda really stupid things with absolute no recalection. I have a strong feeling that this evidence will finally get a confession, but I feel that we will see a defense that will be tough if she says she had a blackout, woke up, and panicked after a drunken night with xanax involved (which could be actually true). I just hope they have enough pre-meditation evidence collected so this defense scenario does not happen.

Welcome to WS. I too used to have quite a problem with Benzo's... I have been clean now for 6 years.

Wtf were you drinking with the Xanax to get a black out like that, an entire Keg? I swear I have never heard of such. and I used to snort 'em and drink on em.

I'm for real, are you sure your not thinking of Ambien or Seroquel or something?

I agree. you'd have to heavy heavy doses and drink a lot to get screwed up like that!

My other thing is, if Casey had a Xanax addiction problem, when she went to jail that first time and we saw her in court like 3 days later- she would have been a MESS. Benzo withdrawl is one of the worst there is! Worse than heroin even. She would have been in the medical part of the jail going through detox.

I won't be surprised if Caycee pulls a head shaving episode like BSpears to avoid testing.....wait....there's hair elsewhere.......

LOL, girl like that, I doubt it ;)

Welcome to WS. I too used to have quite a problem with Benzo's... I have been clean now for 6 years.

Wtf were you drinking with the Xanax to get a black out like that, an entire Keg? I swear I have never heard of such. and I used to snort 'em and drink on em.

I'm for real, are you sure your not thinking of Ambien or Seroquel or something?

Nope. Xanax...The first blackout I had was the second time I took it. I took one bar and began drinking (a few shots, and beers). I then at some point took another bar (i dont remember this or anything after). I was there for another 4 hours at least (from what they said). At some point that night i broke up with my GF (dumb), drove home (dumber), and shaved all my hair off. I'm sure other things happened. I have taken ambien and blacked out before but that didn't take long as I feel asleep crawling to the bed.

Blackouts are nothing new, though. Many people have blackouts when they drink too much alcohol, and this has been the case for ages. I don't think many crimes are commmitted during blackouts.

And, as was pointed out upthread, there's no evidence that Casey mixed alcohol and xanax, and none of her friends have discussed it in their interviews so far.

QUOTE: The documents released today also include a computer conversation with drug references between Anythony and two other people.

"When someone wrote that "I can hit up my friend annie for some xanax,'' Anthony replied: "we'd be a good time"

http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/detail.jsp?key=168155&rc=top&full=1

I agree that abuse is required for blackout, but any use other than compliant with a prescription is, by definition, abuse.

I couldn't disagree more strongly with the second and third statements, however. My mother was a fall-down, incoherent drunk nearly every night for most of her adult life. She also was a respected drug and alcoholism treatment counselor. NONE of her friends or colleagues knew of her addiction. She was viewed as a rarity in her field--an expert who did NOT know the ravages of the disease first-hand.

They were flabbergasted when, after a surgery, she experienced DTs and segued into alcoholic dementia that she never recovered from. Just floored.

Don't assume that people would know. Women, especially, can be very wily concealers of addictions. There is abundant clinical literature to back this up.

Xanax in an of itself doesn't really produce noticeable behaviors in normal doses--other than sleepiness. It is a benzodiazepine tranquilizer; a pressured chatterbox (described her as annoyingly chattery) like Casey might just mellow down to a tolerable level with a bit of Xanax.

Nope. Xanax...The first blackout I had was the second time I took it. I took one bar and began drinking (a few shots, and beers). I then at some point took another bar (i dont remember this or anything after). I was there for another 4 hours at least (from what they said). At some point that night i broke up with my GF (dumb), drove home (dumber), and shaved all my hair off. I'm sure other things happened. I have taken ambien and blacked out before but that didn't take long as I feel asleep crawling to the bed.

wow. well, like they say everyone is different. I just had never heard stories of people getting that messed up off of Benzos.

Glad you got off of them- I know it is not easy to quit!

I agree that abuse is required for blackout, but any use other than compliant with a prescription is, by definition, abuse.

I couldn't disagree more strongly with the second and third statements, however. My mother was a fall-down, incoherent drunk nearly every night for most of her adult life. She also was a respected drug and alcoholism treatment counselor. NONE of her friends or colleagues knew of her addiction. She was viewed as a rarity in her field--an expert who did NOT know the ravages of the disease first-hand.

They were flabbergasted when, after a surgery, she experienced DTs and segued into alcoholic dementia that she never recovered from. Just floored.

Don't assume that people would know. Women, especially, can be very wily concealers of addictions. There is abundant clinical literature to back this up.

Xanax in an of itself doesn't really produce noticeable behaviors in normal doses--other than sleepiness. It is a benzodiazepine tranquilizer; a pressured chatterbox (described her as annoyingly chattery) like Casey might just mellow down to a tolerable level with a bit of Xanax.

And after prolonged usage they don't even causes sleepiness anymore. I was addicted to Benzo's for years- no one but my husband knew.

wow. well, like they say everyone is different. I just had never heard stories of people getting that messed up off of Benzos.

Glad you got off of them- I know it is not easy to quit!

I have not really heard of Benzo's around here. Xanax is a big club drug in Orlando area. Xanax/Alcohol blackouts are actually very common if you want to google and see some stories. It wasn't really tough to quit. I don't think I was ever really addicted to the drug...only the feeling. I don't recall any withdraws but it still crosses my mind (esp when its being offered). My girlfriend told me a story of this kid she went to high school around here that had a xanax blackout (at least thats the excuse) and killed his GF. I will ask her what his name was later tonight. The blackouts are one of the main reason I quit and I thank the heavens I never injured anyone being such a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson