ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe semantics? Maybe the "interview" itself was not stressful...I'm sure they were calmly asking the questions because by this time they knew it was all a bunch of hogwash. But I'm sure the entire ORDEAL of being called up by LEO, having your name splashed across every paper in the nation may have been stressful.

I'm sure it was stressful, for any 25 year old, 5'7", 140lb, mixed race, unmarried woman named ZFG who had two roomates and no children.

it sure is suspicious how FCA may have connected dots to this particular Zanny but I gotta admit, as a member of "the public," I never once believed THAT was the Nanny...and I doubt 99.9% of the rest of the world did either. The average citizen doesn't know all the details such as ZfG's real visit to Sawgrass etc etc etc. Anyone who would have really paid attention enough to the true items in the story that might connect the two people, know no nanny existed.

If you were to google my name right now (which is a pretty unusual name/spelling), I am a missing person.....since 1976... :(

it sure is suspicious how FCA may have connected dots to this particular Zanny but I gotta admit, as a member of "the public," I never once believed THAT was the Nanny...and I doubt 99.9% of the rest of the world did either. The average citizen doesn't know all the details such as ZfG's real visit to Sawgrass etc etc etc. Anyone who would have really paid attention enough to the true items in the story that might connect the two people, know no nanny existed.

If you were to google my name right now (which is a pretty unusual name/spelling), I am a missing person.....since 1976... :(

I'm a movie star; hubby is a royal knight.

ZG apparently admitted during he depo that until she (voluntarily) showed her face in the media, not one person said a negative word to her about the case. You are completely right, IMO. Only people who followed the case closely knew about the Sawgrass connection and anyone who was following along that closely SHOULD have known that ZG was not ZFG and had been ruled out as a suspect.

Here were my feelings from back then as the story unfolded in the news. I remember seeing FCA in that blue hoodie making her perp walk with that grin on her face...thinking OMG she is guilty as sin.
Then, I remember reading that there was a person by the name of ZG whom LE had questioned who had been at the Sawgrass Apts. I thought...hmmmmmmmm. Maybe this person is involved. Maybe it is a kidnapping for drug money type thing. Maybe FCA is into some bad stuff.
I googled the story and found WS. Back then the theories ranged from gang stuff (which were were ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN to discuss in connection with the Fusion people)....
Then the rest is history.
But I immediately thought THIS REAL ZG was the IMAGINARY ZG simply because she had the name, she was at Sawgrass. As far as the description by FCA - we didn’t see that until the later release of the LEO docs in a dump. IIRC.

At that time, of course, we didn't KNOW FCA had imaginary friends....lol. I just knew she was lying about what happened.

IIRC they are not deserted, their backyards abut the area where Caylee was dumped. Peter Gonzalez was one, and Zenaida Almodovar was the other owner...
is it true that one of those house numbers ends in 9 and the other ends in 1? because I remember hearing/reading that long ago, and some who were following the case noticed it because of "I dropped my daughter off w/ ZG between 9 and 1 and that's the last time I saw her"

I apologize if this memory is incorrect because I dislike rumors and I'm not intending to re-fuel incorrect/exaggerated info here

is it true that one of those house numbers ends in 9 and the other ends in 1? because I remember hearing/reading that long ago, and some who were following the case noticed it because of "I dropped my daughter off w/ ZG between 9 and 1 and that's the last time I saw her"

I apologize if this memory is incorrect because I dislike rumors and I'm not intending to re-fuel incorrect/exaggerated info here

We share the same memory.

Yes, Gonzales lived at 4701 and Almodovar lived at 4709.

I'm a movie star; hubby is a royal knight.

ZG apparently admitted during he depo that until she (voluntarily) showed her face in the media, not one person said a negative word to her about the case. You are completely right, IMO. Only people who followed the case closely knew about the Sawgrass connection and anyone who was following along that closely SHOULD have known that ZG was not ZFG and had been ruled out as a suspect.

Somehow the people who drove up to her and threatened to do the same to her that she had done to Caylee must not read here..
It seems that the people who phoned her house with threats also thought she was the real one. Shame that Casey didn't just volunteer the information publicly, to her audience of millions, that this Zenaida was not the one, rather than let everyone think she was in order to keep the story going.

Oh please, you don't realize that's the implication?? Don't let's be silly

What do you feel is silly about it? I don't see ZG's prior bad reputation as being the basis for the defense, the defense is based on the fact that ZG is not ZFG. It's quite simple really.

As for ZG's prior bad acts, the defense isn't implying anything, IMO - they are stating straight out that ZG had a bad reputation to start with and that her morals and actions are such that it wouldn't be beneath her to commit a fraud upon the court in hopes of landing a big pay day. They're right, IMO. They are also stating straight out that, since ZG's reputation was already in the toilet, it's ridiculous for her to claim that her 'good' reputation was harmed.

Somehow the people who drove up to her and threatened to do the same to her that she had done to Caylee must not read here..
It seems that the people who phoned her house with threats also thought she was the real one. Shame that Casey didn't just volunteer the information publicly, to her audience of millions, that this Zenaida was not the one, rather than let everyone think she was in order to keep the story going.

I'm afraid I'm not seeing how your response addresses the statement made by ZG that no one threatened or harassed her until AFTER she voluntarily chose to go to the media and deny something of which she'd never been accused. How large was her audience?

If Casey, while incarcerated, was even aware of ZG's claims of being targeted, I agree, it would have been a good and decent thing for Casey to publicly state for anyone who couldn't deduce it for themselves that ZG was not the nanny. However, since Casey never accused ZG she really had no obligation to 'un-accuse' her, and who could really expect a child killer to do the decent thing?

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally never felt ZG was involved because she did not in any way match the description of the nanny given by Casey. I've wondered all along why ZG was even an issue in this case.

What do you feel is silly about it? I don't see ZG's prior bad reputation as being the basis for the defense, the defense is based on the fact that ZG is not ZFG. It's quite simple really.

As for ZG's prior bad acts, the defense isn't implying anything, IMO - they are stating straight out that ZG had a bad reputation to start with and that her morals and actions are such that it wouldn't be beneath her to commit a fraud upon the court in hopes of landing a big pay day. They're right, IMO. They are also stating straight out that, since ZG's reputation was already in the toilet, it's ridiculous for her to claim that her 'good' reputation was harmed.

This sounds a little to me like "rape victims" who deserve it because they were wearing a short skirt and skimpy top and lipstick.

This sounds a little to me like "rape victims" who deserve it because they were wearing a short skirt and skimpy top and lipstick.

Not at all. No one is saying that ZG deserved to be accused by Casey, the defense is saying that she was NOT accused and then pointing out that ZG's character and actions point to the possibility that she has attempted to commit fraud upon the court by assuming the identity of the accused. The defense has the right to say our client didn't do it and this is why we believe ZG is saying she did.

You could compare it to an accused rapist denying that he ever met or touched his accuser, and then finding that the alleged victim had lied under oath and had a history of committing illegal and immoral acts. It has bearing on the case.

BBM

Um. Her reputation was already lower than that of a person who snatches and murders a toddler and allows the poor grieving mother to unjustly bear public invective and criminal prosecution for the loss of her own child? Really?

:waitasec:

I disagree that it is "quite simple." And living a less than stellar life should not automatically disqualify a person from legal protections and remedies if they can prove they've been harmed. JMO

That's just their way of excusing the disgusting practice of sliming her. I wonder if she received threatening phone calls over her "bad reputation" before? Hmm...doubtful...but she must have deserved it for being a non middle class non mainstream American.

BBM

Um. Her reputation was already lower than that of a person who snatches and murders a toddler and allows the poor grieving mother to unjustly bear public invective and criminal prosecution for the loss of her own child? Really?

:waitasec:

I disagree that it is "quite simple." And living a less than stellar life should not automatically disqualify a person from legal protections and remedies if they can prove they've been harmed. JMO

No one is or has said that ZG should be disqualified from legal protections and remedies if she has a valid case. What I'm saying is that she should not, as some seem to feel, automatically win because people hate Casey Anthony, especially when her case appears so weak.

Certainly the reputation of a child murderer is worse than that of an accused child molester/abuser/neglectful mother/drug and alcohol abuser who runs out on her debts, continues to have children she can't support, and lies under oath. But by how much? Casey did not 'ruin' ZG's good reputation because she didn't have one, and also because she never accused her of anything.

No one is or has said that ZG should be disqualified from legal protections and remedies if she has a valid case. What I'm saying is that she should not, as some seem to feel, automatically win because people hate Casey Anthony, especially when her case appears so weak.

Certainly the reputation of a child murderer is worse than that of an accused child molester/abuser/neglectful mother/drug and alcohol abuser who runs out on her debts, continues to have children she can't support, and lies under oath. But by how much? Casey did not 'ruin' ZG's good reputation because she didn't have one, and also because she never accused her of anything.

Hey, Chilly! :seeya: Your post made me laugh! :floorlaugh:

Kinda like "Which would hurt worse? Gargling glass shards or shoving a hot poker up your....." Lol!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think the lawsuit against Casey by Zenaida is only a ploy to allow her attorney to have his face in the news. Too bad Zenaida doesn't realize that she is being used by her attorney! If Zenaida finds her self dissatisfied with the work her attorney has done for her when it is over, I hope someone lets her know about the Florida Disciplinary Board, where she can file a complaint against him.

I think the lawsuit against Casey by Zenaida is only a ploy to allow her attorney to have his face in the news. Too bad Zenaida doesn't realize that she is being used by her attorney! If Zenaida finds her self dissatisfied with the work her attorney has done for her when it is over, I hope someone lets her know about the Florida Disciplinary Board, where she can file a complaint against him.

I don't think he or any other attorney has anything to fear from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member