ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there ever a physical piece of paper at Sawgrass with ZG's name on it as having viewed the apartment? If that paper still existed could they try to lift fingerprints or DNA sweat etc off of said paper to see if FCA once held it? Another question. If the date that ZG viewed the apartment coincided with the time frame that FCA went to the apartment with a friend, as I recall, they wouldn't let FCA come on the viewing was it for lack of ID or something other and that she was left in the office, could they not say: circumstancial evidence? Also, was the apartment that ZG viewed the same apartment that FCA lead LE to or in the same general section of the Apt complex? I hope these questions make sense, I am running on four hours of sleep from yesterday. Thank you all in advance.

There was a visitor card filled out - I am not sure if ZG filled it or the apartment employee. It can be seen on page 46 of http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2008-08/41844520.pdf

IIRC it was filled out by the apartment employee and they even misspelled ZGs name. But wouldn't it be funny if KC's fingerprints were on it?. They have it - I imagine the investigators already checked for fingerprints or DNA for the criminal trial.

What was ZG's intention, if not to deceive, when she swore under oath that she had never lived at a certain address and later it was proven that she had? ZG was NOT identified as a non-existent person, she pretended to be that person.

I don't think I ever heard ZG say she was ZFG. All I ever heard her say was that she was not the ZFG that KC claimed took her child. I have never heard that she made a false statement about an address where she lived. Not sure how one would pretent to be someone when you are publicly stating you are not. jmo

I don't think I ever heard ZG say she was ZFG. All I ever heard her say was that she was not the ZFG that KC claimed took her child. I have never heard that she made a false statement about an address where she lived. Not sure how one would pretent to be someone when you are publicly stating you are not. jmo

Did you read the motions?

Here's a partial transcript of the jail visit:

CINDY ANTHONY: OK.

We never really got a full description of Zanny. I know she`s got brown curly hair.

CASEY ANTHONY: About shoulder length. She wears it straight.

CINDY ANTHONY: It`s curly.

CASEY ANTHONY: It`s curly, but she always wears it straight. This is what I`m telling you. It`s called a straightener, remember? She`s the one that gave me my straightener.

CINDY ANTHONY: That`s true. OK. How tall is she?

CASEY ANTHONY: About 5-7-ish. She`s just, like, maybe an inch or two shorter than Dad, so 5-6, 5-7, very thin, maybe a little bit more meat than me, about 140-ish, fairly tan, brown eyes. No tattoos that I`ve ever seen, that I know of.

CINDY ANTHONY: Well, I would think if anybody around her knew her, they would have come forward by now.

CASEY ANTHONY: That`s what I`m thinking. That`s even what I told Jose. If it was anyone that -- especially has known me, that knows Caylee, that at least knows of us.

CINDY ANTHONY: Did anybody ask you to describe her and they did a composite drawing of her?

CASEY ANTHONY: Not once. And when they went and interviewed that girl down in Kissimmee, they never showed me a picture of her.

(CROSSTALK)

CINDY ANTHONY: OK. Now, they told us...

(CROSSTALK)

CINDY ANTHONY: Well, they told us that you couldn`t pull her out of a line-up.

CASEY ANTHONY: They`re full of (EXPLETIVE DELETED)! I had told them multiple times, Find a sketch artist, show me pictures. Show me something. I can point her out to you.

I truly, truly love that little girl and miss her so much! God! And I miss you guys!

:rolleyes:

Then they go into the stupid hand analogy... GMAB.

Thank you for posting this. I have a very difficult time believing that Morgan will be able to prove that Z(no F)G is the 'girl' Casey was talking about in this conversation. She in no way fits the description that Casey was giving and, at 38, would not be considered a girl.

But then again, since FCA kept lying, how was anyone to know which, if any, part of the story (or statement) was the truth about the description?

Am I missing something? None of what Casey or Cindy says matters about what ZFG looked like cuz they are all lies anyway. There was no "girl" because it was all a lie. So who cares which lie the next lie does match up to?

What matters is that Casey named a fake nanny and did not use the name "Mary Smith" but a very unusual, uncommon name...Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales. I had never heard the name Zenaida in my life before this trial. It is unusual and very specific. So for anyone to turn up with this name, in the early stages of this charade is going to be suspect.

For this poor woman to live in Orlando and have the same name as Casey's liie turned her into a KIDNAPPING SUSPECT. Her life will never be the same. She was investigated, threatened and harrassed. She will be connected to the murderess forever. It will probably be listed in her obit one day. The only one responsible for doing this to her is Casey. She is responsible. She should be held accountable.

It couldn't be more simpler in my opinion.

Am I missing something? None of what Casey or Cindy says matters about what ZFG looked like cuz they are all lies anyway.

What matters is that Casey named a fake nanny and did not use the name "Mary Smith" but a very unusual, uncommon name...Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales. I had never heard the name Zenaida in my life before this trial. It is unusual and very specific. So for anyone to turn up with this name, in the early stages of this charade is going to be suspect.

For this poor woman to live in Orlando and have the same name as Casey's liie turned her into a KIDNAPPING SUSPECT. Her life will never be the same. She was investigated, threatened and harrassed. She will be connected to the murderess forever. It will probably be listed in her obit one day. The only one responsible for doing this to her is Casey. She is responsible. She should be held accountable.

It couldn't be more simple in my opinion.

Wow someone actually standing up for Zenaida? I applaud. To me, FCA's lies damaged her whether she intended them to or not, so she should pay. Many seem more upset with Zenaida than FCA. Unbelievable.

I must admit I haven't read through this whole thread so I can't possibly believe there are people supporting KC over ZFG on this thread. That could not possibly make any sense. Do I dare go back and read?

I can't wait to see Morgan's response. I'm actually dying to see it. The fact that Casey has an halfway competent attorney is scaring me. I am really hoping for a better response from Morgan. That would be awesome in my book.

I must admit I haven't read through this whole thread so I can't possibly believe there are people supporting KC over ZFG on this thread. That could not possibly make any sense. Do I dare go back and read?

Most of us aren't supporting Casey, it's just that she has an attorney who wrote a good motion. It's rather terrifying. It actually seems that she has legal ground to maybe get this suit thrown out. But we haven't seen Morgan's response yet, so there's still some hope. But please don't take it as us supporting Casey. There's only a few really doing that. Morally, most of us are still outraged and Casey should pay. Legally, though, at least right now, there's a possibility she might not. I hate that.

Am I missing something? None of what Casey or Cindy says matters about what ZFG looked like cuz they are all lies anyway. There was no "girl" because it was all a lie. So who cares which lie the next lie does match up to?

It couldn't be more simpler in my opinion.
I totally agree- Casey had no concern for how she ruined this woman's life- it was convienient for her- she had to come up with a real name for "Zanny" (Xanax, IMO), and she came across the name Zenaida. Perfect fit in her book- the description was based on George's mistress, but it worked for a wild goose chase, except for the real person whose life was destroyed by being falsely publically verbally and in writing, accused of kidnapping Caylee. Then Caylee turns up dead.
I also had never in my life heard the name Zenaida before- it's not a common Hispanic name, and I've grown up surrounded by Hispanics all my life.

Wow someone actually standing up for Zenaida? I applaud. To me, FCA's lies damaged her whether she intended them to or not, so she should pay. Many seem more upset with Zenaida than FCA. Unbelievable.

If these comments are at all directed towards my posts, you are mistaken. I would love to see Zenaida win her case, hands down.

The problem is people were and are still commenting and making statements and it is obvious to me they have not read the Motion or the accompanying document Greene filed. To keep making statements as truth when Ms. Gonzales testified under oath in her deposition otherwise, doesn't make any sense to me, but that is just my personal opinion. When legal documents are available as with the Sunshine Laws, I like to read them to know exactly what is being said, by whom, and what is really going on.

I anxiously await Morgan filing his response. I would LOVE to see EVERYONE who has a civil case against FCA prevail, for big $$$$$.

IMO, MOO, etc.

I totally agree- Casey had no concern for how she ruined this woman's life- it was convienient for her- she had to come up with a real name for "Zanny" (Xanax, IMO), and she came across the name Zenaida. Perfect fit in her book- the description was based on George's mistress, but it worked for a wild goose chase, except for the real person whose life was destroyed by being falsely publically verbally and in writing, accused of kidnapping Caylee. Then Caylee turns up dead.
I also had never in my life heard the name Zenaida before- it's not a common Hispanic name, and I've grown up surrounded by Hispanics all my life.

The description of ZFG could not have been based on George's alleged mistress, she wasn't even in the picture until long after Casey was arrested.

If these comments are at all directed towards my posts, you are mistaken. I would love to see Zenaida win her case, hands down.

The problem is people were and are still commenting and making statements and it is obvious to me they have not read the Motion or the accompanying document Greene filed. To keep making statements as truth when Ms. Gonzales testified under oath in her deposition otherwise, doesn't make any sense to me, but that is just my personal opinion. When legal documents are available as with the Sunshine Laws, I like to read them to know exactly what is being said, by whom, and what is really going on.

I anxiously await Morgan filing his response. I would LOVE to see EVERYONE who has a civil case against FCA prevail, for big $$$$$.

IMO, MOO, etc.

I believe the comments about supporting Casey are directed towards me. Of course I am not supporting Casey. I believe she's a murderer and I want to see her pay. I also believe that right is right and that Z(no F)G should not be compensated for pulling a scam. This is not, IMO, a battle between good (ZG) and evil (Casey), it's a battle between bad and worse, and neither deserve to win.

Posters seem to get upset with me because I read the documents and apply logic and facts instead of emotion. I can live with that.

Stop it. Now. Please.

You all know better. Back on topic, everyone.

:tyou:

Is it either or? I don't happen to think ZFG has a case, but I'd like to see KCA deposed and made to pay money to someone, anyone.

I would never take KCA's side on anything, she should be eating stale bread and unrecognizable slop right now. I just doubt anything will come of this - she got away with killing her kid, this is a cake walk.

And how did she sign it, as ZG? It was a legal document and she is not familiar with how they file documents with the court. She could have read it as the name she was accused of being. I'm sure she thought they knew what they were doing. I do not think ZG's intention was to deceive in any way. I believe she left it to the attorneys decide what was correct as far as how they were written. And it was corrected when they realized there was an error. If attorneys lost cases because they made scribner's errors there wouldn't be too many cases won at all. I've worked for attorneys and I've never seen the opposing attorney hold their feet to the fire because of a typing error. I find it ironic that he is making a big deal about getting the name of a real person wrong when the suit is about being identified as a non-existent one. jmo

ZG probably didn't sign the complaint. But she said she read it, and it is written pretty plainly, and clearly says her name is ZFG. I agree it was really the attorneys' fault, and IMO it was inexcusable. You don't accidentally type "Fernandez" multiple times all over a document.

Was there ever a physical piece of paper at Sawgrass with ZG's name on it as having viewed the apartment? If that paper still existed could they try to lift fingerprints or DNA sweat etc off of said paper to see if FCA once held it? Another question. If the date that ZG viewed the apartment coincided with the time frame that FCA went to the apartment with a friend, as I recall, they wouldn't let FCA come on the viewing was it for lack of ID or something other and that she was left in the office, could they not say: circumstancial evidence? Also, was the apartment that ZG viewed the same apartment that FCA lead LE to or in the same general section of the Apt complex? I hope these questions make sense, I am running on four hours of sleep from yesterday. Thank you all in advance.

There was a visitor card filled out - I am not sure if ZG filled it or the apartment employee. It can be seen on page 46 of http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2008-08/41844520.pdf

IIRC it was filled out by the apartment employee and they even misspelled ZGs name. But wouldn't it be funny if KC's fingerprints were on it?. They have it - I imagine the investigators already checked for fingerprints or DNA for the criminal trial.

There was a visitor card, but it was not checked for fingerprints. There is no indication that Casey was ever at Sawgrass, certainly not for any significant period of time or on the date ZG was there, per the cell phone pings. When Casey tagged along while Tony and his friend looked at apartments, they didn't go to Sawgrass. The model apartment ZG would have looked at IIRC was quite close to the vacant apartment pointed out by Casey.

She apparently made the false statement about the address in her deposition,

Thank you for posting this. I have a very difficult time believing that Morgan will be able to prove that Z(no F)G is the 'girl' Casey was talking about in this conversation. She in no way fits the description that Casey was giving and, at 38, would not be considered a girl.

I think it's obvious she was talking about ZG, because she said it was the girl LE had interviewed in Kissimmee, and there was only one of them.

Except that's not how defamation law works.

And let me clarify, for myself at least, that killing babies is much more upsetting to me than bringing a borderline frivolous lawsuit.

I haven't seen any Casey supporters on the thread. But I do not support ZG's lawsuit because it is not legally or factually strong.

ZG probably didn't sign the complaint. But she said she read it, and it is written pretty plainly, and clearly says her name is ZFG. I agree it was really the attorneys' fault, and IMO it was inexcusable. You don't accidentally type "Fernandez" multiple times all over a document.

There was a visitor card, but it was not checked for fingerprints. There is no indication that Casey was ever at Sawgrass, certainly not for any significant period of time or on the date ZG was there, per the cell phone pings. When Casey tagged along while Tony and his friend looked at apartments, they didn't go to Sawgrass. The model apartment ZG would have looked at IIRC was quite close to the vacant apartment pointed out by Casey.

She apparently made the false statement about the address in her deposition,

I think it's obvious she was talking about ZG, because she said it was the girl LE had interviewed in Kissimmee, and there was only one of them.

Except that's not how defamation law works.

And let me clarify, for myself at least, that killing babies is much more upsetting to me than bringing a borderline frivolous lawsuit.

I haven't seen any Casey supporters on the thread. But I do not support ZG's lawsuit because it is not legally or factually strong.

Hmmm. How has it stayed alive on court docket?

The guest card was definitely filled out by the leasing agent, she would have filled her own name in - a prospect would have filled out more of the guest card. AIMCO requires their leasing agents to fill out the cards in order to get to know the prospect.

Is it possible Casey was in the office that day and overheard everything ZFG said? The leasing consultants are trained to ask personal questions in order to get to know their prospect's needs. They'll ask about their family, where they work, etc. - half the time they don't write any of it down, it's just a way to pre-qualify (income, # of occupants, pets).

ETA: In the business 25 years.

Am I TotallyCrazy as well as TotallyObsessed? Did I dream that Casey, on her own, looked at apartments for Tony outside of the time she tagged along with Tony and his roommate? Also, I think the point that she most likely had access to the office at Sawgrass was due to the fact that she had friends that lived there at one time.
But, of course, I do realize there was no testimony or investigative documents ever released to support the fact that she did, in fact, visit the office at Sawgrass. Or was there? My mind seems to be going -- what a waste, a huge waste – this case has been!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker