ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, she was unemployed, had been hired for a new job but before her start day arrived, this all happened and her new boss withdrew the job offer. Hence, KC causing her to lose her job.

ETA: It wouldn't surprise to me to also have it come out in testimony that ZG had a terrible time immediately following this of obtaining any job offers due to the publicity and the suspicion surround her involvement in this case.

Correct if I am wrong but ZG by now is above any suspicion IMO.
Anybody who would employ her now, would not her kind of famous status be an asset to a business and rather draw new customers?
That said, she probably had a hard time finding a job several years ago and should be compensated for that..

Guilty of only one lie? Which one?

One that doesn't mention ZFG or nanny abduction, most likely.

And with that, the judgment the state and OCSO got for the missing child investigations could be in jeopardy as well. I mean, if the appellate court were to say KC only told one lie, I suppose it would matter WHICH LIE they felt she told when considering the validity of the claims in question.

Now, if the one lie they will admit to, or the court will uphold, is the one about the child never being missing, the civil suits may not be affected.

On another note, I do not see any of these suits are revenge or the fact that any of us might want to see KC pay as revenge. KC made her bed and now she has to lie in it. (Pun intended.)

DT is not excluding any of her lies they are stating that they feel she should not have been charged with 4 counts and that it was just one continuous lie. This will not affect the judgment by the State regarding her lies about her missing child and the money that was spent to try and find Caylee. What DT wants to do is reduce it down from 4 counts to 1 so that her financial penalty will be $1,000 instead of $4,000. That was my understanding. So in other words KC's lies still stand, the DT just wants them all in a string (to count as one) as if she told them all in one long sentence. jmo

Wasn't that about $1000 per lie? If that is the case, what are we talking about...an extra $3000? That's probably less than what her attorney would bill...if he's even charging her. Why did I think the intent of the appeal was more than seeking a reduction of cost?
I do realize that it puts off all the other inevitable lawsuits.

That's why she and her lawyers are doing this. To keep the other lawsuits at bay, to avoid having to start paying on the judgements against her, and - dare I say it - to continue to garner publicity, fame and potentially money from their client or for their client.

DT is not excluding any of her lies they are stating that they feel she should not have been charged with 4 counts and that it was just one continuous lie. This will not affect the judgment by the State regarding her lies about her missing child and the money that was spent to try and find Caylee. What DT wants to do is reduce it down from 4 counts to 1 so that her financial penalty will be $1,000 instead of $4,000. That was my understanding. jmo

There must be ulterior motives since 3k surely is less that the cost/time spent on filing the appeal.

There must be ulterior motives since 3k surely is less that the cost/time spent on filing the appeal.

At the time DT did not know about her getting charged with the reimbursement of the searches done from KC reporting Caylee missing. The appeal has nothing to do with the lawsuits it just buys more time for paying on the 4 counts. Plus this is the DT who wanted this done but as far as her claiming the 5th in her deposition, it has nothing to do with her appeal. JB has already incriminated her in court during her trial by calling her out as a liar so claiming the 5th appears to be a lot of drama on her part. jmo

She moved out on her boyfriend? So Casey was in no way responsible for her losing her home?
Hey I'll gladly meet you over in the LP thread and we can team up against him...

(sidenote: he interjected himself into this case and I figure can take the heat but ZFG was an "innocent" who did not volunteer to be fca's alibi

@MattMorganESQ Matt Morgan
We will file #CaseyAnthony depo when opposing counsel agrees not to file motion to have it sealed. Hopefully, the public will see it soon!
10 minutes ago

not sure what this means?? why would opposing counsel agree to that?

DT is not excluding any of her lies they are stating that they feel she should not have been charged with 4 counts and that it was just one continuous lie. This will not affect the judgment by the State regarding her lies about her missing child and the money that was spent to try and find Caylee. What DT wants to do is reduce it down from 4 counts to 1 so that her financial penalty will be $1,000 instead of $4,000. That was my understanding. So in other words KC's lies still stand, the DT just wants them all in a string (to count as one) as if she told them all in one long sentence. jmo

"...as if she told them all in one long sentence."

Yep, that sounds like the kind of malarkey this DT would come up with.

I have little faith anymore in our justice system but for now I have to hold on to the hope that the FL appeals courts will continue to not be swayed by the DT nonsense.

At the time DT did not know about her getting charged with the reimbursement of the searches done from KC reporting Caylee missing. The appeal has nothing to do with the lawsuits it just buys more time for paying on the 4 counts. Plus this is the DT who wanted this done but as far as her claiming the 5th in her deposition, it has nothing to do with her appeal. JB has already incriminated her in court during her trial by calling her out as a liar so claiming the 5th appears to be a lot of drama on her part. jmo

No, the DT didn't know KC would be charged for costs at that time but---I think they smelled it in the air early on. I think the DT knew it would happen.

No, the DT didn't know KC would be charged for costs at that time but---I think they smelled it in the air early on. I think the DT knew it would happen.

That could be but I don't think the DT ever thought the judge would agree with the state. jmo

Well, that's the way I see it, too. Certainly the costs of the appeals process surpasses what the DT are hoping to gain by way of a reduced fine on the lying charges.

JMO.

Well, that's the way I see it, too. Certainly the costs of the appeals process surpasses what the DT are hoping to gain by way of a reduced fine on the lying charges.

JMO.

Let's also not forget....KC is still running the show. jmo

Wouldn't KC being able to plead the 5th at deposition be the motivation for the appeal, as that makes the value of any potential interviews higher since she has not spoken post-verdict?

Guilty of only one lie? Which one?

One that doesn't mention ZFG or nanny abduction, most likely.

And with that, the judgment the state and OCSO got for the missing child investigations could be in jeopardy as well. I mean, if the appellate court were to say KC only told one lie, I suppose it would matter WHICH LIE they felt she told when considering the validity of the claims in question.

Now, if the one lie they will admit to, or the court will uphold, is the one about the child being missing, the civil suits may not be affected.

On another note, I do not see any of these suits are revenge or the fact that any of us might want to see KC pay as revenge. KC made her bed and now she has to lie in it. (Pun intended.)

The Defense is claiming all four lies she was convicted was actually all the same lie charged four times. In other words, the Defense is saying she told the same one lie four times.....Uh huh...

Wouldn't KC being able to plead the 5th at deposition be the motivation for the appeal, as that makes the value of any potential interviews higher since she has not spoken post-verdict?

The lies she was convicted of have nothing to do with the lawsuit. JB would like everyone to believe she can't say anything because she has an appeal but she is not answering because she can't lie, she's on probation and if she tells the truth she makes their case. So this is why M&M are going before the judge to get the judge to force her to answer their questions. DT shut that door right down for her with the OS.

Rule of thumb is don't ask questions you don't know the answer to. So when we hear those questions from the depo we will be able for figure out what M&M know about why she picked ZG as her victum. Yep, right in the old pocketbook. lol jmo

"We" all don't have her evicted and convicted. "Some" people here do, which is very, very wrong and the point of the lawsuit, IMO.

That was tongue in cheek. I feel she has a credible lawsuit and fully support her position. I mistakenly wrote convicted instead of evicted when I was questioning another post.

People have been known to move to a different county after losing their home. It's only a matter of a few miles.

Just to be clear,do you know this(the eviction papers) to be the same Zeneida Gonzalez who is suing Casey ,or is it an assumption on your part?

IIRC, KC filed a counter suit. She has got to testify. I have no idea how she is getting away with all this carp....

When are the Courts in Florida going to rule and make a statement. They gave her three full months to "recover" when they should have let this happen before she left jail. I am sick of her...and tired of Defense Attorneys who come to the aid of the "Damsel in Distress". All these so called lawyers who bounce and high five because they set a murderer free.

Attorneys who don't care that she killed a precious child...disgusting POSs! I'll put my own self in a corner...

Just to be clear,do you know this(the eviction papers) to be the same Zeneida Gonzalez who is suing Casey ,or is it an assumption on your part?

MissJames - do yourself a favor tonight and slip over to the Sidebar thread for the last couple of pages - lots of hijinks going on...:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez