ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's about right - Baez didn't want anyone speaking directly to OCA - they had to go through him - and at that point CA was pretty much uncontrollable as to what she told the press...

alright, thanks. i swear a few weeks ago i thought Baez said that Casey has had "limited contact" with her parents since she got out..i think it was on Geraldo?

alright, thanks. i swear a few weeks ago i thought Baez said that Casey has had "limited contact" with her parents since she got out..i think it was on Geraldo?

Uh huh - that's Baez...has anything he's said post trial about what was going on actually true? School, learning a new language, seeking counselling, mental health help, grieving....the list goes on and on....

We noticed OCA was wearing a necklace similar to the one CA wears - do I took limited contact to mean CA mailed a package to Baez for OCA..and one of Baez's minions delivered it to her.

I don't know...I actually found some of the questions quite amusing ("imaginary friend" comes to mind)...I can just see how annoyed Casey must have been.
I've been stuck w/o power for days....can I assume the judge didn't release the videotape?

Right, the transcript was released but no video, doesn't want to influence the jury in her upcoming trial was the statement released.

Yes, it was not long after the trial, on Geraldo. He said, in a very precise answer, that OCA had had contact with her parents but he did not say she had 'spoken' to them.
I remember it well because it was the day we praised him on his pocket square :floorlaugh: and I got queried about his reply because I got it the wrong way round in a botched attempt to do a live transcript

I don't know what happened to my post. :(

I am reading the transcript. She is asked if JB was telling the truth in his OS when he said there is no Zanny or "was he lying to the court"?

He also says "Ms. Anthony, is Zenaida Gonzalez a real person or is it one of your imaginary friends?" :lol:

I just finished reading the whole transcript and I'm shaking my head in disbelief! It was just one huge waste of time reading it and expecting any sort of response from Casey. John Morgan asked some excellent questions, but all were countered by Mr. Greene with the 5th Amendment.

Towards the end it becomes apparent that John Morgan will file a motion to compel testimony.

Yes, I'm thinking the same way - I was more interested in the questions Mr. Morgan was asking that by her answers..or non answers as the case may be. I didn't understand how 99% of them were out of line but I did understand why she might be "somewhat uncomfortable" answering them..:laugh:

With her history of lying and getting away with it, and being able to wriggle out of uncomfortable situations without her lies being questioned or challenged, it might come as a shock to her that her lies of three years ago are going to catch up to her.

I thought John Morgan asked some great questions. Somehow I hope that even though there were no answers to those questions from Casey, she's hearing those questions and thinking..........."are they really going to hold me responsible for all those lies!"

I think John Morgan has a strong case and if his client wins it, any future earnings of Casey can be garnished to settle the lawsuit.

she says she hasn't talked to CA&GA since Oct.14th 2008, does that sound right to any of you? sounds wrong to me, but i'm not sure.

Casey was indicted by the Grand Jury and arrested on October 14, 2008. From that point on, she refused any visits from her parents and brother. In court hearings prior to trial, her parents attended the hearings, but Casey didn't acknowledge their presence. So, I would say that she's correct.

I don't know...I actually found some of the questions quite amusing ("imaginary friend" comes to mind)...I can just see how annoyed Casey must have been.
I've been stuck w/o power for days....can I assume the judge didn't release the videotape?

I love Mr Morgan's line of questioning here:

Q. Ms Anthony, other than Mr Greene, who is in the room with you presently?
.... (blah blah by Mr Greene)
Q. Who do you understand is in the room with you right now other than Mr Greene?
A. Andrew Chmelir, co-counsel
Q. And that's all?
A. Yes
Q. Ok Thankyou. Where did you come up with name Zenaida Gonzalez .......

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Wonder what he'd have done if she'd said someone else was in there!

Q. Who do you understand is in the room with you right now other than Mr Greene?
Q. And that's all?
A. Yes

Well I imagine if she said Jeffrey Michael Hopkins and Juliette Lewis were there, too, it may have presented a problem. lol

Q. And that's all?
A. Yes

That's hilarious. This is probably as far as the honesty goes.

I'm glad they didn't release the video. FCA wore that silly disguise so people would talk about her. Over sized D&G, please, that screams LOOK AT ME, TALK ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEE. She's begging for attention even if we're laughing at her. We all know exactly what she looks like down to her moles and those big chompers.

Nice try FCA. If you really really really want attention, commit another crime so we can watch you strut into court in your jailhouse attire, then strut into your old cell. You'll feel right at home. May I suggest you try this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPDa1FbbpvA"]Raw Video: Shoplifter Uses Skirt to Hide Booze - YouTube[/ame]

IMO

Right, the transcript was released but no video, doesn't want to influence the jury in her upcoming trial was the statement released.

I personally think it hurts casey much more in the long run to be perceived as getting special treatment yet again then it would have hurt her to just have the depo released. It could be that the jury in this case will just want casey to finally get what's coming to her, whether it is justified or not. So for now, team casey can think that everything is going their way, but I do think that sometime, and sometime soon, karma is going to bite her in the behind.

Q. And that's all?
A. Yes

I didn't realize the jist of that question! He was trying to show she doesn't have imaginary friends or is psychotic. LOL it worked too.

I enjoyed reading it

Q: And you heard JB say in opening statements that you made up the ZG story; isn't that true?

A: Yes

Q: was he being truthful or was he lying in court

A: Attorney takes the 5th for her....

This has me ROFLMAO!!

I love how he put Caylee's name into this.

Q: and miss anthony, as a result of that knowledge, the police had specific information about ZG when she was questioned about the disappearance/and or murder of Caylee Marie Anthony; isn't that correct?

^^^ I would have loved to see her face with Caylee's name in the question...and her attorney takes the 5th

Ha! he asked what timer55 means...

I would have loved to see her in the video smirking and squirming away

Sorry if this has been posted but I lost track of this thread when it went to #2

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/01/justice/florida-casey-anthony/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Casey Anthony takes Fifth 60 times in civil suit deposition
By Ashley Hayes, CNN
updated 12:56 PM EST, Tue November 1, 2011

...She also said she has not spoken to her brother, Lee, in the past six months, and has not spoken to her parents, George and Cindy Anthony, since October 14, 2008.

However, Greene did not permit her to answer questions including whether she had ever met Gonzalez; whether a person named Zenaida was ever a nanny to Caylee; or whether defense attorney Jose Baez's assertion during Anthony's criminal trial, that Zenaida Gonzalez was one of Anthony's "imaginary friends," was true.

She also was not allowed to answer questions about whether she considered herself a good mother to Caylee; the last day she saw the 2-year-old alive; and whether she drowned in the Anthonys' pool in June 2008, as the defense claimed during Anthony's criminal trial.

Asked why he was invoking Anthony's right against self-incrimination, Greene said, according to the transcript, "I need not explain our factual basis other than to tell you that it could tend to incriminate and provide a link in the chain of evidence that could be used against (Anthony)."

Asked by Gonzalez's attorney John Morgan what pending criminal case that applies to, Greene said, "We made our objection and that's all I'm going to state."

Morgan told Greene he anticipates a hearing before a judge on a motion to compel Anthony to answer some of these questions. Greene said that taking it to a judge is "the best thing to do."

I hope the judge compels her to answer these questions. That would be awesome.

In the last thread we discussed her ability to plead the fifth and I thought she could only do so if she had another trial pending. However, we seemed to settle on that she could plead the fifth in a civil or criminal case, but this question from Morgan makes me think she can't unless there is a criminal trial the answer could influence;

What pending criminal case are you objecting in lieu of?

I'm confused. :waitasec:

In the last thread we discussed her ability to plead the fifth and I thought she could only do so if she had another trial pending. However, we seemed to settle on that she could plead the fifth in a civil or criminal case, but this question from Morgan makes me think she can't unless there is a criminal trial the answer could influence;

What pending criminal case are you objecting in lieu of?

I'm confused. :waitasec:

Maybe it's not a criminal case but criminal charges that they maybe aware of that she could be facing. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glop722