ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been posted but I lost track of this thread when it went to #2

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/01/justice/florida-casey-anthony/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Casey Anthony takes Fifth 60 times in civil suit deposition
By Ashley Hayes, CNN
updated 12:56 PM EST, Tue November 1, 2011

...She also said she has not spoken to her brother, Lee, in the past six months, and has not spoken to her parents, George and Cindy Anthony, since October 14, 2008.

However, Greene did not permit her to answer questions including whether she had ever met Gonzalez; whether a person named Zenaida was ever a nanny to Caylee; or whether defense attorney Jose Baez's assertion during Anthony's criminal trial, that Zenaida Gonzalez was one of Anthony's "imaginary friends," was true.

She also was not allowed to answer questions about whether she considered herself a good mother to Caylee; the last day she saw the 2-year-old alive; and whether she drowned in the Anthonys' pool in June 2008, as the defense claimed during Anthony's criminal trial.

Asked why he was invoking Anthony's right against self-incrimination, Greene said, according to the transcript, "I need not explain our factual basis other than to tell you that it could tend to incriminate and provide a link in the chain of evidence that could be used against (Anthony)."

Asked by Gonzalez's attorney John Morgan what pending criminal case that applies to, Greene said, "We made our objection and that's all I'm going to state."

Morgan told Greene he anticipates a hearing before a judge on a motion to compel Anthony to answer some of these questions. Greene said that taking it to a judge is "the best thing to do."

I hope the judge compels her to answer these questions. That would be awesome.

That's my hope too, that a judge will compel Casey to answer all the questions put to her. That's the video I want to see!

That's my hope too, that a judge will compel Casey to answer all the questions put to her. That's the video I want to see!

I think this line will be used a lot if he does; (defendant squirms)

Yes, it was not long after the trial, on Geraldo. He said, in a very precise answer, that OCA had had contact with her parents but he did not say she had 'spoken' to them.
I remember it well because it was the day we praised him on his pocket square :floorlaugh: and I got queried about his reply because I got it the wrong way round in a botched attempt to do a live transcript

Having contact with C & G could mean texting or emailing them after she was released from jail.

Too prejudicial? Oh COME ON!!!! She chose to wear a stupid disguise and now is getting protected for it? Wow. The specialness of Casey Anthony continues...I am just so disgusted. Prejudicial my butt.

And she (I mean her lawyer) invoked the 5th amendment 60 times? What in the heck is she so concerned about?!?!?!! I am really curious about that. The state can't charge her again with anything that happened to Caylee. What in Hades?!?!?! Wow, for such an innocent person, she sure has a TON to hide...

Well, maybe there wasn't much to see in this video, but still...I want to know exactly how Casey acting the fool with her disguise and invoking the 5th Amendment 60 times is so prejudicial...sheesh...

Too prejudicial? Oh COME ON!!!! She chose to wear a stupid disguise and now is getting protected for it? Wow. The specialness of Casey Anthony continues...I am just so disgusted. Prejudicial my butt.

And she (I mean her lawyer) invoked the 5th amendment 60 times? What in the heck is she so concerned about?!?!?!! I am really curious about that. The state can't charge her again with anything that happened to Caylee. What in Hades?!?!?! Wow, for such an innocent person, she sure has a TON to hide...

Well, maybe there wasn't much to see in this video, but still...I want to know exactly how Casey acting the fool with her disguises and invoking the 5th Amendment 60 times is so prejudicial...sheesh...

Apparently Aedrys, juries tend to think when someone invokes the 5th, they are guilty of something and have something to hide. Huh, imagine that....So invoking the fifth 60 times in itself could be considered prejudicial I guess.

Apparently Aedrys, juries tend to think when someone invokes the 5th, they are guilty of something and have something to hide. Huh, imagine that....So invoking the fifth 60 times in itself could be considered prejudicial I guess.

Then why allow the release of transcript where any can READ that it was invoked 60 times? That makes NO SENSE to me. If that was prejudicial, then a transcript wouldn't have been released. Poppycock, I say! No, the judge was protecting her from the idiotic disguise she wore. That's the only thing that not releasing the video would protect her from. Can't see her disguise on paper!

Sorry, I am not angry at you, just angry that important people keep believing the BS that Casey is in danger or that stupid stuff like this would be too prejudicial!!!! I am so tired of Casey's RIGHTS being the forefront of EVERYTHING!

Then why allow the release of transcript where any can READ that it was invoked 60 times? That makes NO SENSE to me. If that was prejudicial, then a transcript wouldn't have been released. Poppycock, I say! No, the judge was protecting her from the idiotic disguise she wore. That's the only thing that not releasing the video would protect her from. Can't see her disguise on paper!

Sorry, I am not angry at you, just angry that important people keep believing the BS that Casey is in danger or that stupid stuff like this would be too prejudicial!!!! I am so tired of Casey's RIGHTS being the forefront of EVERYTHING!

Oh I'm right there standing beside you on this one....:furious:

And isn't this the very reason the Sunshine Laws exists, to keep this type of behavior from being hidden. Isn't it just sooooooooooooooo ironic that the more belief that is put out there that her life is in danger, the more we see her team out there talking about her. jmo

And isn't this the very reason the Sunshine Laws exists, to keep this type of behavior from being hidden. Isn't it just sooooooooooooooo ironic that the more belief that is put out there that her life is in danger, the more we see her team out there talking about her. jmo

Do we know of one single, credible threat against her? Have there been 911 calls after these threats? I don't get it.

Do we know of one single, credible threat against her? Have there been 911 calls after these threats? I don't get it.

Threats??? Phone calls...can be traced. Never heard of any charges being filed against the threats CM's wife claims to have gotten over the phone. Phone calls are traceable. Emails, traceable. Sent through the mail. I just don't see someone putting their fingerprints on a threatening letter, no one with brains that is. While they claim threats we have not heard anything from LE about investigations into these threats.

If she can have photos taken in Ohio right after her release and she had no fears then, I doubt if her fears are real now just fabricated to make it appear she is being victumized. Isn't that what the team has tried to do for the past 3 years? Make her a victum. Once you start that frame of mind it must be hard to stop it. jmo

Isn't texting or emailing considered speaking or contact? I'd think so..

Yes:yes:...As I mentioned in my post I consider it Contact ...In regards to "speaking" I was leaning towards verbal or oral communication :talker:
But.......
I can agree that non-verbal communication:silenced: such as texting or emailing :eek:nline:could be considered "speaking" nowadays:D

In the last thread we discussed her ability to plead the fifth and I thought she could only do so if she had another trial pending. However, we seemed to settle on that she could plead the fifth in a civil or criminal case, but this question from Morgan makes me think she can't unless there is a criminal trial the answer could influence;

What pending criminal case are you objecting in lieu of?

I'm confused. :waitasec:
I'm in agreement with you...there has to be a reason he said that. I guess we'll find out more when they do go before the judge.

Threats??? Phone calls...can be traced. Never heard of any charges being filed against the threats CM's wife claims to have gotten over the phone. Phone calls are traceable. Emails, traceable. Sent through the mail. I just don't see someone putting their fingerprints on a threatening letter, no one with brains that is. While they claim threats we have not heard anything from LE about investigations into these threats.

If she can have photos taken in Ohio right after her release and she had no fears then, I doubt if her fears are real now just fabricated to make it appear she is being victumized. Isn't that what the team has tried to do for the past 3 years? Make her a victum. Once you start that frame of mind it must be hard to stop it. jmo

The judge ruled that releasing the depo video might give clues as to KC's whereabouts. I really do not see how--or why it matters. It seems to me that if anyone were seriously looking for KC they would have found her by now.

You gals won't like this either:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Defens...other/-/475880/4122764/-/afxddpz/-/index.html

In an hour-long interview, Finnell said she and other members of Anthony's defense team also received letters of encouragement and offers of support for their client. Unlike the anger poured out over Anthony's acquittal, those offers of support did not receive any publicity.

Of course not! The D team hasn't brought THEM up because then you can't coddle her and cry DANGER.

I would post the tweet that I got it from but she's not MSM :( I'll give you a hint though..she brought goodies for that d*(* jury.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Defens...other/-/475880/4122764/-/afxddpz/-/index.html

Of course not! The D team hasn't brought THEM up because then you can't coddle her and cry DANGER.

I would post the tweet that I got it from but she's not MSM :( I'll give you a hint though..she brought goodies for that d*(* jury.

You know - It was interesting - during the jury selection I had a grudging respect for Ann Finnell - but I saw her speak very shortly after the trial. She was a guest at some legal convention and she was scoffing that there was any evidence at all to convict OCA.

Since then she is on my "No Go" list....

BBM: ......:waitasec:.....now who could That be? Could you give us a hint? :giggle:

BBM

There's ways around those things, but I don't think LE has taken any of them seriously because they probably are just empty threats.

From the article;

"Sure, I don't think she killed her child," Finnell said. "I don't think there is any way Casey Anthony intentionally killed her child."

BBM

Nice caveat there.

She is invoking the fifth due to her upcoming appeal on the 4 lying convictions. Anybody know when that is coming?

She is invoking the fifth due to her upcoming appeal on the 4 lying convictions. Anybody know when that is coming?

Has the Defense Team actually filed that appeal? I know they stated in court that they were going to but...anyone seen it for real?

Asking because I was wondering if they were stalling so OCA might have "some" protection at her upcoming ZFG trial..:waitasec:

Thanks Aedrys, I've been really pizzed about this too and haven't said much because I don't have anything nice to say about OCA et al and don't want to lose my WS privileges. I have been wondering something though. I wonder if Zanida's attorney's made OCA remove her ridiculous diguise during questioning, especially those ridiculous sunglasses. I wouldn't let her get away with anything if it were me. Gawd, she and those who enable her make my blood boil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member