• No, it is not, it is reasonable to ask the family these things

Votes: 117 76.0%
  • Other/explain/dont really care

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZG's lawsuit is not frivolous. It serves two very important purposes. It's to clear ZG's name and reputation, and it protects her down the road from being tried for murdering Caylee, should KC be acquitted for the same murder. One never knows if false evidence will be presented that points to ZG. I think she is wise to proceed with her suit. Obviously, John Morgan and his team believe so, too.

As an added benefit, if it weren't for ZG's lawsuit, we wouldn't have had the privilege of watching the As and their appalling actions during their depositions. You just can't buy a show that good in the real world. :eek:

The lawsuit is not frivolous in the least for the above reason. Good luck to Zenaida and the Morgan firm. I was disgusted by the behavior of the despicable A's today. I wish that C had succeeded in assaulting Zenaida (I don't know how close she came). I would have liked nothing better than to see C arrested and hauled out of there in handcuffs. These two, along with their demon daughter, are satanic.

Absolutely YES based on the following facts:

Her name does not contain Fernandez.

On July 16th, Casey signed a statement saying this ZG was not ZFG.

On July 17th ZH's home and place of work, according to her sworn statement was Motel 6 so she could not have lost her home over this as Morgan stated early on. The job hasn't been investigated, to my knowledge so I won't comment on any facts there.

Her public record shows a history of not keeping her home. I'd be interested to see her work record. IMO I see know way this attorney has any right investigating a murder as part of a defamation case. He needs to step aside and let LE do their job.

The lawsuit is not frivolous in the least for the above reason. Good luck to Zenaida and the Morgan firm. I was disgusted by the behavior of the despicable A's today. I wish that C had succeeded in assaulting Zenaida (I don't know how close she came). I would have liked nothing better than to see C arrested and hauled out of there in handcuffs. These two, along with their demon daughter, are satanic.

wow, did she try to attack her? (I dont usually watch the videos, the baby wont let me and they tend to nauseate me, I wait for you all to tell me the events :biglaugh:)

I actually feel kinda out of touch with you all regarding this, I feel the questions in the depo's are stupid considering their source...

...or I could rephrase, I dont feel it is ZG or her lawyer's business to ask questions of the family about the death of Caylee. I think all they needed to do was ask KC yes or no, do you know this woman? and kc did say no. so shouldnt that be the end of it?

I do feel for ZG getting dragged into the mess for no reason at all but that has naught to do with lawyers asking family members who killed caylee :/ I know we all want to hear them admit it but they arent going to, sure not to these guys..

I dont blame the A's for anger, I would be mad too. I think ZG's lawyers are doing it for their own publicity and no other reason. What do others think?

You and I see this the same way. For all their (Morgan and all) prior information, knowledge of jailhouse visits and LE interviews, how can they claim not to know KC stated to Cindy that ZG is not ZFG aka Zany the nanny. I have to give George 2 points for his remark "Your client isn't ZFG"!

I think he believes she is being used for an agenda not really pertaining to her claim of injury. I believe this also and I don't think she even realizes it. He kind of loses a couple points for the snarkiness of his comment about ZG and whatever is left of her good name or how ever he said it. That was kind of rude.

To call G & C anything less than hostile witnesses thou, is an understatement.
Cindy has clearly lost it and George is close behind. I actually felt a little bad for BC when it came to having no control over his clients. If they are going to behave like this during States testimony the state would be wise to call them last and have a very limited course of questions. In Calif if one is a witness you can't sit in the trial until after you testify, so keeping them on the list will serve to keep them out of the courtroom if this is also true in FL.

A win/win situation.

On July 17th ZH's home and place of work, according to her sworn statement was Motel 6 so she could not have lost her home over this as Morgan stated early on. The job hasn't been investigated, to my knowledge so I won't comment on any facts there.

Her public record shows a history of not keeping her home. I'd be interested to see her work record. IMO I see know way this attorney has any right investigating a murder as part of a defamation case. He needs to step aside and let LE do their job.

ITA with this reasoning. This lawsuit is completely frivolous. As much as I don't like KC, the Zenaida lawsuit is a waste of the court's time. As stated above all they have to do is produce the statement where KC said this ZG is NOT the one she was talking about, and it is case closed.

She is the only Zenaida linked to the Sawgrass apts. therefore she needs to clear her name.
After all, Casey DID drop Caylee off on the steps of the Sawgrass apts. (Zanny's apt.)

And, Zanny had a key to the A's house.
So therefore Zanny killed Caylee and left her near her house with all the things she had access to in the A's home.

I think Mr. Morgan is doing what he needs to do to protect his client.

15 minutes of fame?
How many times did the A's ask the TV stations to come talk to them so they could be on TV?

They disgust me!

Apparently Richard Grund is right and there are people online trying to twist things so that Casey goes free and blame is placed elsewhere.

What about poor Caylee in all of this?!
Who speaks for her or seeks justice & most importantly "truth" for her?

ITA with this reasoning. This lawsuit is completely frivolous. As much as I don't like KC, the Zenaida lawsuit is a waste of the court's time. As stated above all they have to do is produce the statement where KC said this ZG is NOT the one she was talking about, and it is case closed.

Wonder why KC invoked the 5th on questions A-B-C-D of the interrogatories?

Specifically D-She is not the Zenanda Gondalez you told police about?

Obviously, KC's Attorney advised her to plead the 5th on these questions. I wonder why?

As an Attorney, Morgan can foresee problems that may result from this that we can't foresee.

It is frivolous and downright wrong. I think the laws that permit this kind of abuse of subpeona power for nothing but financial gain and publicity are wrong and need to be amended.

What I saw yesterday was nothing short of harassment and blatant attempts to discredit, shame and humiliate the Anthonys. The manner of questioning which provoked premature responses was deliberate and unnecessary, except for the lawyer's self ego. The constant re-asking of the same question was designed to agitate the witness and unfortunately, it worked. Bear in mind, that these people are not on trial for murder. These lawyers are not of the same calibre of the typical criminal attorney. (Let's not get into a Baez frenzy, I said typical) It is simply ludicrous for Morgan to be trying a criminal case in civil court by further distressing a couple who have already been stressed more than most of us can imagine.

I fully understand that many people think the Anthony's behavior has not been to their liking throughout this terrible affair. Their family lives have been micro-investigated and discussed ad nauseum by the news media and the public to the point where many feel as though they actually know them. There are people who suggest that supporting their daughter is akin to lack of grief for their granddaughter's horrific fate. Personally I cannot even begin to imagine how I would act in the same situation.

The legal profession was not well served by Morgan, Mitkin and Dill yesterday. What has been said previously is true as far as I can ascertain. This particular ZG has no Fernandez in her name. KC did state to police that she was not the ZFG who took Caylee. This ZG has several children, actually 2 to 4 more than she stated on her Sawgrass application...she was living in a motel and noone has verified her claim of job loss because of the murder case.

The physical condition of Mr and Mrs Anthony really frighens me. Both of them look worn and unhealthy. I consider Casey Anthony extemely mentally ill. Her illness has affected so many some where it just has to stop. I really think Mr Anthony's life is on the line if the public or lawyers or whoever want to put him six feet under just keep at it because its going to happen. This is too much for anyone.

Her official name does contain Fernandez. If they cannot handle simple reasoning questions from a nice polite lawyer in a somewhat small room deposition how are they going to behave on the stand at the criminal trial under real hardline questions. I await seeing the judge smack them both in the back of the head to knock some sense in them.

And furthermore wanna bet a big famous civil case that was won involving deaths of two people utilized similar tactics regarding the criminal case it had evolved from? Same thing here. ZFG may not be related to the deceased but she has been implicated in the dissapearance of the desceased so hello world to questions about the desceased, her family and how it all came to be.

I wouldn't go quite so far as to call it frivolous. But the timing of the suit, and the timing of its depositions are, IMO, rather suspicious.
It seems all I've heard all my adult life, generally speaking, is how "people suing about everything is costing us all money! That's why your insurance rates go up! Plaintiffs' lawyers are the scum of the earth! Some of them even advertise! When one of these people (personal injury plaintiffs) wins money it comes out of all our pockets!"
I used to buy into that. But I don't anymore, because I got a look at some history of how it was in the so-called "good old days" when "scum" weren't "bringing lawsuits right and left." And, frankly, I have come to realize that insurance companies aren't exactly hurting financially. Quite the contrary.
But I think much of the public still holds that tunnel-vision, shortsighted viewpoint--that personal injury lawsuits (such as defamation suits) are "Satan's handiwork" or whatever. (The public never sees it when the multi-million dollar jury award invariably gets reduced way, way, way down by appellate judges--and insurance companies and many other defendants have the money to keep the litigation and appeals going forever. All the public sees is "woman burned by coffee gets awarded megabucks!" If the woman had to have skin grafts in her crotch, well, she should just get over it. And yes, she was foolish to put a styrofoam cup between her legs.)
So it surprises me to see so many people who are so supportive of silly Zenaida and her lawsuit about her defamation, which was caused by a desperate murderer (IMO) making up a fictional character to save her own murdering (IMO) hide. Yes, Zenaida was hurt, to some extent, by KC's lies. But... the damage to Z. was not unlimited. Shouldn't she just "get over it?" Because, you know, some insurance company might have to pay her! (People would be amazed at the things that are sometimes covered by homeowners' policies.)
I think the lawsuit is a gift to the prosecution. I think Z. should be compensated, and in fact they should've just paid her the 15 grand and been done with it. I think it would've been worth that comparatively small sum to them, to not have to go through this stuff. As we know, the Anthonys, being a little "off" themselves, are not up to fighting this small battle in the midst of the big battle they feel they have to fight. In the end, anything that helps put Caylee's murderer in the slammer is ok with me.
But people should remember that, as far as we know, Cindy and George committed no crimes. I know they may have committed crimes to cover up what their daughter (IMO) did, but before Caylee's murder, to my knowledge, Cindy and George committed no crimes. I feel a bit guilty watching them go through this, but I do realize that KC and her antics are to some extent the result of their own crazy or negligent behavior.

Not frivolous. John Morgan is a man with a fine reputation and he is a thorough and competent attorney. I felt that he and his team handled the questioning with tact, dignity and infinite grace in the face of the A's unbelievable, nonsensical rage.

How can the A's insist that this is Absolutely Not the ZFG they're talking about if they can't prove who she is? Their roundabout way of talking and thinking didn't work with Morgan and they didn't like it. Too bad.

If you accuse a imaginary person of committing that crime that you committed and a real person, with that unusual name, happends to be associated with places you have been and where your friends lived and MS pages, I think you deserve whatever a person with that name gives you. Sorry guys, but I'm not getting it. You do remember she used this name as a cover up for THE MURDER OF A TWO YEAR OLD??

This lawsuit is about several things, all relevant in my opinion.

Clearing Z's name, which KC obviously got from Sawgrass somehow - it is no coincidence that Z visited Sawgrass June 17, when KC was formulating her "story." Doesn't matter if she is ZG or ZFG, or if KC already denied she's the "one" - KC got her info, added to it a little and then tried to use her as a scapegoat. That should be obvious to anybody that has followed this case from the beginning.

Getting KC to take responsibility for her actions, which her parents have never made her do, and apparently never intend on making her do.

Ensuring that any large amounts of money made by KC selling her story/pix/video are able to be garnished so she can't profit from this crime.

Helping out the criminal prosecution in advance by getting key players under oath, to make statements they can't back away from without perjuring themselves.

Seeing in advance how the Anthony's are going to act on the stand in the criminal trial.

Morgan does not need the money or 15 minutes of fame, he is extremely well known here already. I'll bet Cindy breaks a TV screen somewhere every time one of his commercials comes on... which is often. heh

I think they should be suing for more money than $15K, seeing as how this woman lost her job, her home, has been accused of being a kidnapper and murderer, cannot find a job, and her kids get ridiculed by others. After seeing the depos, and the RUDENESS toward ZG from CA in particular, it is overwhelming how UNfrivolous this LS is. I'm shocked at how the A family wants everyone to treat them with kid gloves, yet they cannot extend the same courtesy to a woman who was dragged into this mess for NO reason other than KC found her a convenient scapegoat.

I don't care if this ZG lived in a motel 6 or what her life was like before July 15. I saw enough people accuse and harrass her online to have no doubt that she and her children were tormented and followed in real life.

BEFORE, she went on television her myspace page was being passed around and scrutinized more than TMZ during the Birkhead/Stern daddy debacle. People were gobbling up and citing the details she had in common with the details Casey gave. Everybody was swearing there HAD to be something to it.

Without a lawyer by her side and a lawsuit to contend with, I don't think the Anthony's or their lawyers would be so adament she isn't the ONE.

Which would have left this ZG and her family at the mercy of any and every "helpful"--and possibly unstable person--that thought the way to get to the real truth would be by coming up with more dirt on or worse personally persecuting this ZG.

That heavens John Morgan considers the life of a ZG who isn't a 10 and who, according to George, didn't have so much of a reputation to protect, every bit as important as the life of the murderer with a herd of the most expensive and best known lawyers in the U.S. protecting HER rights.

I 3> John Morgan.

JMO

I voted no, only because of Lee's deposition. He stated that he was being forwarded this ZG's myspace so it seems as though she was the one that people were actually pointing fingers at. It is pretty sad (IMO) that KC has a few people believing her :confused: I am sure that ZG got tons of harrasing emails, messages, etc.....Another innocent person being blamed. I still to this day believe that the real ZG is KC. From the moment this case first started to the time I heard GA state that he seen a resume of KC's and it stated nanny..........

Casey's cell phone pings do not show her at Sawgrass on June 17th.

No, nor do I think all plaintiff's lawyers are scum. Regular people get injured in egregious ways all the time, and sometimes have no alternative for relief than the legal system. It isn't a perfect solution.

No insurance company will be paying money to ZG if she prevails in her tort claim. First, Casey A is uninsured. Second, homeowner policies (I assume people think the A's covers her?) do not provide coverage for intentional torts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela