ZG Hires Attorney - Lawsuit Against Casey Anthony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda7NJ,
In this case, Z doesn't even have to prove Casey actually damaged her reputation-- and her employment status is irrelavent. Accusing someone of a crime of moral turpitude constitutes defamation per say -- meaning, in and of itself. It makes sense-- if you say I'm a liar and I sue you for defamation-- it's reasonable to make me prove that I've actually suffered some harm as a result of your statements. Lots of people lie-- some people lead very successful professional lives through lying/bluffing/obfuscating. What's a lie, exactly? How many lies = too many lies?...
But when someone is labeled as a dangerous kidnapper of young children who are still missing, that's a problem. People don't want to be friends with kidnappers or hire them, or live by them, or let them coach t-ball teams. They don't ask how many kids they've kidnapped or if it was a long time ago...etc. Defamation per say--- doesn't matter if Z has a job or is looking for a job.

Oh, Nancy, I love that red word! And your rational thought. I do have one question that might bear on this. Is truth an absolute defense to defamation, or is that just to libel and slander? If it applies to defamation as well, then all I can say is if that's KC's best defense, she'd better start counting out the money.

Well, you can take comfort in the fact that all this will come out in a civil trial. I think we can take it to the bank that Casey in someway did connect Z to the Saw Grass apartments though. Even if she didn't see the actual card (and it could spare the apartment complex the liability on the suit), in some way, shape, form, or fashion, Casey knew Z was at that apartment complex. It's too coincidental for it to have happened any other way. Casey may have obtained more information from another source, but isn't it odd that Saw Grass was apparently only told about 2 of the 4 children's names and they were the only ones known to LE?

Not odd at all. LE obtained the guest card from Sawgrass with the 2 children's names on it before they talked to ZG.

I don't see any way that it can't be relevant. Morgan will have to show that Casey used ZFG's name with the knowledge that she was a real person.

I disagree. I don't think a simple "F" letter is going to prevent the plaintiff from prevailing in this case. It’s not a murder trial; it’s a civil suit. In a civil suit the burden of proof is substantially lower. You need only prove your case by a preponderance of the evidence; you don't need to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.

Oh, Nancy, I love that red word! And your rational thought. I do have one question that might bear on this. Is truth an absolute defense to defamation, or is that just to libel and slander? If it applies to defamation as well, then all I can say is if that's KC's best defense, she'd better start counting out the money.

Haha. That made me laugh :). And yes, truth is an absolute defense to libel, slander and defamation. I think this is why it's so intensely exciting to see Casey accused of this particular tort.

You are correct, however, Z claims that she lost her job as a result of Casey supposedly accusing her, even told an elaborate story about how she was let go. If it's true that she didn't actually even have a job at the time, as a jury member, I'd have to wonder what other "harm" she's claiming that isn't factual.

We do not know Exactly what happened and when her last employment was, this could have been a factor in it, and if JM was skirting the issue I am sure he has his reasons. I am still behind her she could have sold her story for a quick buck and she did not. She has counsel and her statement on Craiglist spoke volumes as to WHY she was pursuing this case. Her main concern is her children and all the other stuff does not matter. So many people are attempting to make money off her NAME and I wish her all the luck in the WORLD.

I DO NOT WORK............
I WOULD SUE IN A HEARTBEAT................

You are correct, however, Z claims that she lost her job as a result of Casey supposedly accusing her, even told an elaborate story about how she was let go. If it's true that she didn't actually even have a job at the time, as a jury member, I'd have to wonder what other "harm" she's claiming that isn't factual.

hmmm, interesting. To be honest, I haven't read/viewed each and every piece about Z-- so I didn't know there were necessarily conflicting statements about her employment situation. I don't know how that will all flush out in court-- but I don't think it would necessarily kill her case. She's not on trial-- Casey is. Over and over and over, it seems.

I disagree. I don't think a simple "F" letter is going to prevent the plaintiff from prevailing in this case. It’s not a murder trial; it’s a civil suit. In a civil suit the burden of proof is substantially lower. You need only prove your case by a preponderance of the evidence; you don't need to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.

It is far from a simple F letter. Most people seem to think it's impossible that Casey simply made up the name ZG in light of the fact that ZG viewed the model apartment at Sawgrass. I find it even more impossible that it could be a coincidence she added the F to the name when it wasn't on the guest card and is actually part of ZG's legal name.

Wherever Casey got the name ZFG, it wasn't from the guest card. So where did it come from? Some other ZFG? If so, there goes the lawsuit *poof*

Not odd at all. LE obtained the guest card from Sawgrass with the 2 children's names on it before they talked to ZG.

Well, the attorney says that the name was exact (and we can see that the suit is filed online and know this is accurate - for the record, this was a HUGE issue not long ago and if I looked back, you probably used it in your argument too, till it was finally proven today). The 2 of 4 children's names are the same. The apartment complex is the same. The color of the car is the same. I know you give it no merit, but the attorney is saying even the make of the automobile was known.

This will have to be PROVEN in a court of law. So, you can think whatever you'd like, but just because YOU think something right now, doesn't mean you're right. There is still a LOT of information out there yet (unless of course you work for this sheriff's office?) that we're not privy too right now. IF it's not true, the facts will reveal themselves in a courtroom where the truths should unfold.

It is far from a simple F letter. Most people seem to think it's impossible that Casey simply made up the name ZG in light of the fact that ZG viewed the model apartment at Sawgrass. I find it even more impossible that it could be a coincidence she added the F to the name when it wasn't on the guest card and is actually part of ZG's legal name.

Wherever Casey got the name ZFG, it wasn't from the guest card. So where did it come from? Some other ZFG? If so, there goes the lawsuit *poof*

Good luck with that theory. I can't see a jury being that naive in lieu of all the circumstances where this case is concerned. That's not even reasonable, IMO, and as someone already stated, the threshold isn't reasonable doubt in a civil case.

Well, the attorney says that the name was exact (and we can see that the suit is filed online and know this is accurate - for the record, this was a HUGE issue not long ago and if I looked back, you probably used it in your argument too, till it was finally proven today). The 2 of 4 children's names are the same. The apartment complex is the same. The color of the car is the same. I know you give it no merit, but the attorney is saying even the make of the automobile was known.

This will have to be PROVEN in a court of law. So, you can think whatever you'd like, but just because YOU think something right now, doesn't mean you're right. There is still a LOT of information out there yet (unless of course you work for this sheriff's office?) that we're not privy too right now. IF it's not true, the facts will reveal themselves in a courtroom where the truths should unfold.

I am not privy to anything more than anyone else here. It's in the police reports. Casey said ZG does not have children. LE went to sawgrass looking for information about ZFG. It was discovered that ZG looked at the model apartment and filed out a guest card. Police got a copy of the guest card, with the two children's names on it, and went in search of ZG.

Casey did not know the names of the children, she didn't know there were children, and she did not provide their names to LE.

Casey said the nanny drove a Silver 2008 Ford Focus, it's in the police reports. People who viewed ZFG's my space said she drove a older model sliver Hyundai. The cars are not the same. 40% of cars on the road are silver.

Casey said the kidnapper was named ZFG and is 26 years old. The information on the guest card does not include the F. ZFG is actually 37 years old.

Casey may have made up the name ZFG, but it was not, IMO, based on the ZFG who filed suit.

Good luck with that theory. I can't see a jury being that naive in lieu of all the circumstances where this case is concerned. That's not even reasonable, IMO, and as someone already stated, the threshold isn't reasonable doubt in a civil case.

BTW, to add to this, IF Casey got further information on Z from another source, the lawsuit isn't without merit. It may get Saw Grass off the hook, but not necessarily Casey.

How do you explain the F?

I am not privy to anything more than anyone else here. It's in the police reports. Casey said ZG does not have children. LE went to sawgrass looking for information about ZFG. It was discovered that ZG looked at the model apartment and filed out a guest card. Police got a copy of the guest card, with the two children's names on it, and went in search of ZG.

Casey did not know the names of the children, she didn't know there were children, and she did not provide their names to LE.

Casey said the nanny drove a Silver 2008 Ford Focus, it's in the police reports. People who viewed ZFG's my space said she drove a older model sliver Hyundai. The cars are not the same. 40% of cars on the road are silver.

Casey said the kidnapper was named ZFG and is 26 years old. The information on the guest card does not include the F. ZFG is actually 37 years old.

Casey may have made up the name ZFG, but it was not, IMO, based on the ZFG who filed suit.

So, you are trying to tell me you're privy to everything LE has that Casey Anthony has said? You know for a fact that Casey didn't change any part of her story up at any time? We all know, Casey would NEVER tell a lie.

I'm just saying, you think you have the facts, but I don't think you have them all, and not necessarily enough to say anything as fact at this point in time. Or not much as fact anyway.

It'll play out in the courts and I'll wait till that time before saying that Z's case is meritless, but hey, that's just me.

So, you are trying to tell me you're privy to everything LE has that Casey Anthony has said? You know for a fact that Casey didn't change any part of her story up at any time? We all know, Casey would NEVER tell a lie.

I'm just saying, you think you have the facts, but I don't think you have them all, and not necessarily enough to say anything as fact at this point in time. Or not much as fact anyway.

It'll play out in the courts and I'll wait till that time before saying that Z's case is meritless, but hey, that's just me.

Casey never spoke with LE again after the first interview, which has been released both in print and in audio. LE interviewed ZG the first day. Obviously we all have to wait to see how the case proceeds, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it, have opinions, and point out information relevant to the case in the meantime, does it?

How do you explain the F?

I'm not in on the 411 where all the acronyms are concerned, so I am assuming (though may not be right) that the F is Z's hyphenated last name?

How do I explain that? Well, I imagine that Casey Anthony is quite a resourceful young lady and had her ways of obtaining information on any host of subjects if there was any benefit to her. Since she's not on my personal friends list, I couldn't tell you how she has most of the information that she has. Who knows who could know Z and Casey, too. Who knows what conversations she may have had with any number of people along the way.

I won't pretend to be in the know. Her knowing a lady's name who just so happened to be at the apartment complex is question is within the realm of possibility in the world I live in, though. It's just too coincidental to be coincidental, IMO.

Sorry, Chilly. Your argument hasn't convinced me nor is it relevant for ZG to win this case. But we should know soon enough whether it matters or not...

Casey never spoke with LE again after the first interview, which has been released both in print and in audio. LE interviewed ZG the first day. Obviously we all have to wait to see how the case proceeds, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it, have opinions, and point out information relevant to the case in the meantime, does it?

Well heck yeah we can discuss it. That's what a message board is for, is it not?

I don't think Casey randomly made up the name ZFG, but for the sake of argument-- even if she did-- it probably won't matter. What matters is whether the public reasonably understood "ZFG" to implicate Plaintiff ZFG. And they did, apparently. And some people still do, apparently.

I think I said this before, but Casey supplied a specific name-- first, last and middle. That's how people are identified in the world. The kidnapper label was going to land on the person with that specific name in that specific area who also fit the general description (F, hispanic). If I throw a grenade into a crowded street and hit you, it doesn't matter if I was aiming specifically at you. I hit you. I threw a bomb, knowing it would land somewhere and I hit someone. Now I'm in trouble. If my goal is to hit you, and I hit your twin, I'm still in trouble. I think it's fair.

--

Sidebar:
The complaint isn't released yet, is it? Is ZFG only alleging defamation? I bet she'll make other claims too--maybe intentional infliction of emotional distress? Is this info public yet?

ZG, who has filed he lawsuit, is not named ZFG. Casey was very definate about the -F being part of the name.

There are quite a few ZFG's according to the research posters here have done, but the woman suing is, as far as anyone knows, ZG. No F. Casey immediately identified ZG (the woman suing) as NOT being the nanny. I don't see any chance of her winning this suit.

I just wanted to bump this up and show that you did indeed use it as part of your argument till the real truth came to light. So much for knowing all the facts, IMO. You may ultimately be spot on where this case is concerned. The suit may go nowhere, but then again, think about who the possible jurors may be. How much do you honestly think Z will have to prove to get jurors on her side where the Anthony family is concerned?

1/2 if not 3/4's of the burden in a criminal case is making jurors hate the accused. That's a fact we don't have to like, but it's very much a part of our criminal justice system. Then remember, the burden's not even that high when you're talking a civil case.

People aren't harassing her because of the car she drives, just the name and what she looks like (hispanic female) is enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
repeatfranchisegroup