Zodiac Killer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since my computer has been down for a couple of weeks, I've been watching some old programs that I'd recorded including an old America's Most Wanted episode about this case from, I believe, the late 1990s. Toward the end, they say there's a report that Ms Ferrin's sister, Chris, IDed the man who was supposedly stalking Darlene as Bruce Davis. Does anyone know any more about this claim?

Since my computer has been down for a couple of weeks, I've been watching some old programs that I'd recorded including an old America's Most Wanted episode about this case from, I believe, the late 1990s. Toward the end, they say there's a report that Ms Ferrin's sister, Chris, IDed the man who was supposedly stalking Darlene as Bruce Davis. Does anyone know any more about this claim?

To put it mildly, Darlene's Family has been very unreliable over the years relaying info, and identifying different People along the way as being the stalker

I would think with all those envelopes there should be plenty of saliva DNA present.

There is varying degrees of DNA 'evidence' in the Zodiac case, from stamps,envelopes, possibly on rope he tied his Victims with,etc. What the quality or strength of the DNA is,I don't know. The DNA evidence they have did NOT match well known Zodiac Suspect, Arthur Leigh Allen

I would think with all those envelopes there should be plenty of saliva DNA present.

That's assuming Zodiac didn't use a damp sponge or something similar to wet the stamps. DNA testing wasn't around back then, but blood typing through saliva was, so he may have guarded against that.

Not a great film but fantastic opening credits!

Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan

[video=youtube;emNyJKWtK3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emNyJKWtK3E[/video]

Agreed.

That's assuming Zodiac didn't use a damp sponge or something similar to wet the stamps. DNA testing wasn't around back then, but blood typing through saliva was, so he may have guarded against that.

I read Stewart's book to and I have to agree that he made a better argument then Kauffman, Perez, etc. In this day and age we will never be completely sure who Z was unless we get some kind of DNA. Their will always be the next quack who wants their 15 mins or even people like Stewart's dad that does give you pause to think.

I don't believe this criminal case will be solved. It's perhaps the most discussed criminal case in history. Who was the Zodiac killer? Over the last half-century, numerous names have emerged, but it’s been of little or no avail. Theories range from a CIA experiment to a crazy individual that killed for no apparent reason. And on and on it goes. I began reading about this case 8 months ago and realize that I'm left holding my head in my hands, suffering from a headache. What a confusing experience.

I don't believe this criminal case will be solved. It's perhaps the most discussed criminal case in history. Who was the Zodiac killer? Over the last half-century, numerous names have emerged, but it’s been of little or no avail. Theories range from a CIA experiment to a crazy individual that killed for no apparent reason. And on and on it goes. I began reading about this case 8 months ago and realize that I'm left holding my head in my hands, suffering from a headache. What a confusing experience.
I tend to agree, and I do not believe the Zodiac is any one of the major suspects.

I tend to agree, and I do not believe the Zodiac is any one of the major suspects.

Major suspects or not, the fact of the matter is that, if still alive, he's out there somewhere waiting to be found. From the suspect list, that's available on the net, it's impossible to gather enough information that will help place any of the perpetrators at the locations. Hearsay is all it is, nothing more, and nothing less.

I just read Gary Stewart's book, "The Most Dangerous Animal Of All - Searching For My Father, And Finding The Zodiac Killer." It's a very compelling book, and has me convinced that Gary is right, his father was the Zodiac.

http://themostdangerousanimalofall.com

I haven't read that yet, but from the pages I've skimmed, I agree that his father was Zodiac.
IMO

Major suspects or not, the fact of the matter is that, if still alive, he's out there somewhere waiting to be found. From the suspect list, that's available on the net, it's impossible to gather enough information that will help place any of the perpetrators at the locations. Hearsay is all it is, nothing more, and nothing less.

This case had a huge impact on me as a kid. I was in So. CA, but really had no concept at that time how far away we were from Northern CA. I can remember to this day, when they showed that sketch of him in his hood after Lake Berryessa attach and it scared the bejesus out of me.

At any rate, I don't believe he is alive. The officers that saw him after the Stine killing estimated his age as in his 40's. even if he was 10 years younger, he would be in his
70's.

I think he was likely a Dennis Rader type. Basically an average family guy that blended in. Probably a jerk, but functional enough, just like Rader. Also like Rader, he had a ned for his own brand of attention, thus the notes. My belief was always that, whoever he was, he would leave a note and probably some other proof of who he was when he died. However, I think it likely that his family, probably destroyed it.

I do not believe he was any of the named suspects.

Just my theory, of course, based on 40 + years of a morbid fascination with this case, born of youth and that creepy costume@!

This case had a huge impact on me as a kid. I was in So. CA, but really had no concept at that time how far away we were from Northern CA. I can remember to this day, when they showed that sketch of him in his hood after Lake Berryessa attach and it scared the bejesus out of me.

At any rate, I don't believe he is alive. The officers that saw him after the Stine killing estimated his age as in his 40's. even if he was 10 years younger, he would be in his
70's.

I think he was likely a Dennis Rader type. Basically an average family guy that blended in. Probably a jerk, but functional enough, just like Rader. Also like Rader, he had a ned for his own brand of attention, thus the notes. My belief was always that, whoever he was, he would leave a note and probably some other proof of who he was when he died. However, I think it likely that his family, probably destroyed it.

I do not believe he was any of the named suspects.

Just my theory, of course, based on 40 + years of a morbid fascination with this case, born of youth and that creepy costume@!

The sketches and video reenactments etc of Zodiac scare the hell out of me too I can't imagine how frightened his victims must have been I don't like thinking about it. This case fascinates me though I wish we knew definitively who he was.

The sketches and video reenactments etc of Zodiac scare the hell out of me too I can't imagine how frightened his victims must have been I don't like thinking about it. This case fascinates me though I wish we knew definitively who he was.

Frustrating case for sure. There have been some really good suspects over the years(and some bad ones)Good news is, we see old cold cases solved all the time, so who knows

I really enjoyed the movie Zodiac the directors cut. Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey made the movie. It was scary, creepy and very well made.

I really enjoyed the movie Zodiac the directors cut. Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey made the movie. It was scary, creepy and very well made.

I agree, great movie & cast all around, overlooked for awards consideration in my opinion

I haven't seen the director's cut of this film but the theatrical release was only the second best Zodiac movie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back