CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just learning that she was found. I can barely see to type because of the tears.
My heart goes out to her family.

"ribbon"...is it possible that it was one of those luggage straps that keeps your suitcase closed when the baggage handlers throw it around?? (can't see anything red in any of the pics i've seen, though!)

I was thinking more about the red ribbon found on the suitcase. Wouldnt it be nice if there was still a flight tag left on the bag with a flight #. LE could look at flight manifest for owner of the suitcase. I seriously doubt this is the case, but if you have ever watched worlds dumbest criminals, you just never know.

The red ribbon can possibly be a way to identify the suitcase quickly at an airport. Black suitcases are pretty common, the person who packaged poor Sandra I believed was a traveller or travelled recently.

There was an interview just now with Sgt. Tony S. and the search warrant last night did involve a shed, but he wouldn't go beyond saying anything else about it. He said it involved a SW which was served last night inside the mhp and during the time they kept the park closed until 3:00 am. He did not specify if the shed was inside or outside the park or anyone associated with it. He quoted "ongoing investigation". (Yes, he did say there was nothing on the suitcase to identify it.)

I personally haven't seen anything other than what was posted here about a red ribbon.

That was wierd. They mentioned the shed but not the church. I think the lady asked the question in a confusing way.

The source of that article is Protect.org. The link is at the bottom of the Salem page.

It looks to me that Protect.org just called out every city in the USA. It reads as if for every investigation on a missing, hurt or killed child, that there are a large chunk of the city dwellers that are "found out". Now the question is, which cities are so darn broke that they cant follow through like Tracy plans on doing with what they refer to as the "The Tracy 60" ? It looks to me like its all about $$$$ and resources. jmo

It may also be about interconnections. Child *advertiser censored* is big business and just like with prostitution, LE looks the other way for various reasons. Reasons that aren't just about money.

I believe he actually said he didn't know anything about it, rather than denying it was there. Kinda vague how he put it, so we don't know if it really was there.

Re the red ribbon / band. I read a couple of articles early this morning where is was desribed as a "red band". To me, that would mean its decorative and would be part of the design...like its not something you cook take on & off.
But then I see alot of talk about a ribbon - maybe being attatched by the owner or whoever.

No it's not Garcia. Let me see if I can give you the name without violating his privacy...

First name is Porfirio
Last name is the spanish version of martin.
I hope I don't get in trouble for that :wink:

I'm trying to find info on this guy for the Astro thread...any help is appreciated. He is listed as 44 yrs old.

TIA!

I found that earlier this morning, but where is it that there was a hispanic male living w/ the pastor???? I keep looking but I can't find much of who lives with LL.

read attached post

It was a pretty stupid place to dispose of the body if the perp didn't want her found imo. The suitcase wasn't even weighted down if it floated to the top of the pond. I'm not in the agricultural business either, but I think it's kind of obvious those aren't normal ponds, since there are several of them in a row, and they are long and narrow and are located on a farm. JMO.

Right, its as though she was dumpled on his way out of town:sick:

Re the red ribbon / band. I read a couple of articles early this morning where is was desribed as a "red band". To me, that would mean its decorative and would be part of the design...like its not something you cook take on & off.
But then I see alot of talk about a ribbon - maybe being attatched by the owner or whoever.

http://news.google.com

The only news site reporting a red ribbon was KTLA for a short time yesterday. The article was quickly updated and no longer says that.

If you google "red ribbon sandra cantu"
The article will show up but when you click the link on the KTLA article that search returns, the article doesn't mention the ribbon.

So, either it was mis-reported and there was NO red ribbon

OR

the police didn't want this "clue" released and the station quickly pulled/redacted it.

In looking at the aerial map on whitepages.com, the church appears to be a very tiny building to the west of the MHP, and easily accessed from Orange Street as long as there are no high fences or any at all. Is this correct that the church is very small? I used the address provided on the church website.

Can someone point to space 76 in the MHP? Person listed on veromi.net as associated with P. CLL.

Police Dept spokesman said that they are still looking at everyone and that the suitcase did NOT have any clues attatched to it.

hmmmm.

just like yesterday when there was "no indication of a body" in the suitcase...i don't think they are releasing carp, there may or may not have been clues, but i don't think they are going to tell the media much right now...which i think is good. (not so good for sleuthing though!)

Here's the synopsis done early in the case and originally posted on Thread 2:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3548640&postcount=131

Okay - what do we have as of now?

1. Sandra left home approximately 4:00 p.m.
2. Mom called LE approximately 8:00 p.m.
3a. LE immediately began searching mobile home park.
3b. Dogs made a hit at the edge of Old River. I believe these were cadaver dogs, right?
4. LE notified press approximately 2:00 a.m.
5. One POI - FW had contact (kiss) w/Sandra 2 years ago. Neighbor reported that he often drove by and stared at Sandra's home.
6. Family says they filed complaint about this kiss with LE and as far as they know, nothing was ever done.
7. LE says they have NOT reviewed the original complaint, but that they will as soon as Sandra is found.
8. LE has searched FW's home, business and confiscated his vehicles.
9. 2nd POI - CS - not sure why this guy raised LE's hinky meter. CS was arrested for Obstruction of Justice when LE was trying to execute a search warrant at his home. LE has confiscated his vehicles.
10. 3rd POI for which we STILL do not have a name. Cousin to CS. Lives in Oakdale. LE has apparently thoroughly searched his home. Do we know anything else about this guy?
11. 4th POI - DS, lives in No. 43. Not sure what raised LE's hinky meter on this one either. DS says he warned Sandra about "some adults." LE has searched his home and confiscated 2 of his vehicles.
12. T-shirt found in garbage at transfer station, but does not appear to be connected, although LE is testing the shirt. Do we know that the garbage the shirt was found in, came from the area of the trailer park?
13. Dad has long record and has spent time at Pelican Bay, apparently a "hard-core" prison. Dad has indicated he has taken a poly. Dad showed up on Sunday, March 29th, and then took a quick trip down to Mexico. Dad is back by Tuesday, April 2nd. Dad has voluntarily been going to the police station on a daily basis.
14. Video of Sandra to be released in the morning showing her leaving her house (hope it gives us a clue or two).
15. We can be fairly certain that Sandra did not leave the trailer park on her own - so she was either driven out or she is still there - unless, someone dumped her over the back fence (is there even a back fence?) and then went around and picked her up or climbed over the fence and took her up by the river?

What am I leaving out?

Salem

I tried to answer this for you on the other thread.

As the laws grew stronger against sexual predators, the murder rates climbed in response because the perps kill to avoid prosecution. They know an alive child can ID them.

Sorry I didn't see it over there..I wasn't wondering why he KILLED her but why bother with the SUITCASE for disposal..If anything, won't that help to ID him more then if he dumped her on the side of the road or in a field like most SOs have done in the past?

It was a pretty stupid place to dispose of the body if the perp didn't want her found imo. The suitcase wasn't even weighted down if it floated to the top of the pond. I'm not in the agricultural business either, but I think it's kind of obvious those aren't normal ponds, since there are several of them in a row, and they are long and narrow and are located on a farm. JMO.

I am convinced they did not think it through and did not have time for a different plan, because they need to be someplace else.

I would not know they were drained completely either. I would assume they were retention ponds which stayed full and water would be used a little at a time or not at all. I would not have realized how shallow they were either.

Sorry I didn't see it over there..I wasn't wondering why he KILLED her but why bother with the SUITCASE for disposal..If anything, won't that help to ID him more then if he dumped her on the side of the road or in a field like most SOs have done in the past?
I tried to answer that one, too. Let me get that post for you. ;)

The only reason I can surmise is with this type of disposal the perp had to cover up to move her or probably would have dumped her without it. Someone could have seen him so it required the suitcase.

If the shed at the church was the actual crime scene, where did the perp get the suitcase? Did he find it there (unlikely)? Did he bring one knowing his plan and this was all premeditated? Did he keep it in his car? Did he return home to get it?

The red ribbon can possibly be a way to identify the suitcase quickly at an airport. Black suitcases are pretty common, the person who packaged poor Sandra I believed was a traveller or travelled recently.

Mine has a bright yellow ribbon on it. People also do this to prevent someone from mistaking your bag for theirs.

Here's the synopsis done early in the case and originally posted on Thread 2:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3548640&postcount=131

Okay - what do we have as of now?

11. 4th POI - DS, lives in No. 43. Not sure what raised LE's hinky meter on this one either. DS says he warned Sandra about "some adults." LE has searched his home and confiscated 2 of his vehicles.

What am I leaving out?

Salem

snipped by me

We later learned DS took her bowling & other places..She visited his home a few xs a week..He's married with a 'disabled' son..I want to know MORE about the son..Any REAL info on him yet?

I think they were concealing her from others, immediate family, cameras or neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c728