GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. I thought the grandpa said that the uncle didn't drink? Taking a large helping of salt with what the neighbor says, but hey, nothing surprised me anymore.

I took that to mean he didn't have a problem with alcoholism/DUIs. If the grandpa specifically meant he didn't ever touch alcohol, that would be more alarming to me—either he has a bad history with it, or he's too afraid of what he would be like drunk. It could also amp up the offbeat/loner suspicions that people are already having. (Not that there's anything wrong with abstaining from alcohol! Just might be a strange thing to note to MSM about someone.)

My apologies, but in all honesty the fact that family members were sipping on beers during the search for Willow doesn't bother me in the least. They're not allowed to search for her so they may as well try and find some peace in the meantime. If that means sipping on a beer, so be it...who cares, really? =/

Yes, I know JD is guilty, I've stated that...I'm referring to the family members' actions during the search before (most of us) knew anything. Who cares what they were drinking?

Drinking beer doesn't say anything about...anything. ...jmo

well there is obviously more than one injury so the coroner has to answer to COD specifically.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/sto...s-in-her-death/d/story/2g-izRVgqkOTslOxmBWMJw

it won't let me cut/paste so i'll type it: "Deryke wouldn't say how his son did it" meaning put her out of her misery.

we can assume (can we?) that there was some type of puncture wound as the stick story wouldn't have come out (true or not) if there wasn't a point of entry for an object.

then there's the 'end of misery' injury to which we can only speculate. LE did say that 'additional charges' would be filed pending the autopsy.

thoughts?

It won't let me c & p either, but says Grandfather Deryke says Justin will plead guilty, 1st article from your link.

Authorities said Justin DeRyke never helped in the initial search effort and neighbors also reported a suspicious lack of urgency with him.
“Yeah I seen them over there drinking beer instead of searching for the little girl,” one neighbor said. That’s very pathetic, it’s awful. If that was my kid, I’d be out there looking 24/7.”

I C&P a bit more, it puts the statement a bit more clear, I think. I wonder who "them" is? Uncle & who?

BBM above: only because I'm familiar with the vernacular, it means "the whole fam damily" that was there (note Willow's dad is in TX; g'rents on the road trucking) IMHO (Clay County IL Proud) There are more kids/adults than just these 2

Telling to me is the Mom; never getting in front of cameras, only speaking with a local newspaper who just happened to take pics but when StL & Terre Haute media showed on Sunday night/Monday morning - NOTHING!!!

argh - "stuff" will come out IF this goes to trial

I'm not believing what anyone says.... waiting for the presser.

Has anyone found a good live stream yet?

ryguy I joined here on Monday because I am from the area (since moved away) and a lot of friends were helping with the search efforts. I am amazed at how all of you really pick up on a lot of detail and come up with things I miss.

Welcome ryguy :welcome:

Unfortunately there are a lot of long time posters on the board who have seen this time and time again. It starts to become second nature to look for the detail. If you hang around you'll be doing the same in no time. I'm sure that's what trained LE do in these cases too. Too bad that anyone has to have this kind of intuition. :(

MOO

Ashley426 it's definitely the top story. I prefer not to sit through local (meaning Terre Haute, Springfield, or Champaign) newscasts. I have been impressed with the coverage provided by the local radio outlets (thexradio.com). For such a small town I have been pleased with their professionalism and, in my opinion, not appearing like a bunch of 'small town goobers' in their coverage.

I'm familiar with your neck of the woods and once you get away from Indianapolis I think that the vibe is pretty much like it is in downstate Illinois. Your politicians aren't nearly as colorful (or embarrassing) as ours, though!

well there is obviously more than one injury so the coroner has to answer to COD specifically.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/sto...s-in-her-death/d/story/2g-izRVgqkOTslOxmBWMJw

it won't let me cut/paste so i'll type it: "Deryke wouldn't say how his son did it" meaning put her out of her misery.

we can assume (can we?) that there was some type of puncture wound as the stick story wouldn't have come out (true or not) if there wasn't a point of entry for an object.

then there's the 'end of misery' injury to which we can only speculate. LE did say that 'additional charges' would be filed pending the autopsy.

thoughts?

Topping my list is rape.

So court in about 10 mins ?

"Justin's father and Willow's grandfather, Dale DeRyke, says Willow tripped and fell into a pile of sticks in her yard. He says a stick was lodged in Willow's head. He says Justin was scared, wasn't thinking, and put her out of her misery.

DeRyke wouldn't say how his son did it, but said Justin plans to plead guilty to first-degree murder".

Interesting. Seems to me, if what GPA says is true, this really could have been an accident, that led to a series of increasingly poor choices. Snowball effect. Not many people would plead guilty in this situation, unless they genuinely had remorse. Even if they had remorse, their lawyers would convince them otherwise...

As for other charges being filed, my guess is failure to seek medical attention, abuse of a corpse, and obstruction of justice. They might also throw in an endangering law enforcement officers due to the search and heat. This should be interesting.

Anyone know the link for the upcoming hearing?

Maybe that's just what JD is saying in his initial shock at getting caught. As in perhaps he doesn't want the real story getting out. I'm sure once a defense lawyer gets a hold of him he'll plead not guilty and force this into a trial.

Or he's just telling his Dad what he thinks his Dad wants to hear.

MOO

I believe the medical examiner will know the time of death
Saturday night vs Sunday morning.

That will clear up some of the confusion perhaps.
Moo

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I pray this is true, but sadly there are cases where only an approximation of time of death can be made. If that time frame is within a few hours...say from 5am-8am as an example, that might not help us know. While I personally might call 3-5am morning of that day, some might call it the night before. "IF" Willow did eat breakfast that morning, IMO, they'll be able to tell time of death based on how digested the food is. At this point, just don't know, and can only hope... :please:

Somebody tell me where to go! (for the Press Conference)

Russell Kinsaul ‏@russellkinsaul 1h
Hearing at 1pm for Justin DeRyke, accused of killing his 7yr old niece, Willow Long. More info at 1:30 presser #kmov pic.twitter.com/mFYzF9LkVh

I have such a heavy heart over this. I am not too far away from Effingham (around the Champaign area). I believe this is more than an accident. If a child can't trust family, then who can she trust? I just don't understand.

Russell Kinsaul ‏@russellkinsaul 1h
Hearing at 1pm for Justin DeRyke, accused of killing his 7yr old niece, Willow Long. More info at 1:30 presser #kmov pic.twitter.com/mFYzF9LkVh

Presser in 30 minutes. I am really interested. I just hope it is not one of those saymuchsaynothing pressers....

My apologies, but in all honesty the fact that family members were sipping on beers during the search for Willow doesn't bother me in the least. They're not allowed to search for her so they may as well try and find some peace in the meantime. If that means sipping on a beer, so be it...who cares, really? =/

Yes, I know JD is guilty, I've stated that...I'm referring to the family members' actions during the search before (most of us) knew anything. Who cares what they were drinking?

Drinking beer doesn't say anything about...anything. ...jmo

The beer doesn't really bother me. I mostly agree with you on that one.

I meant moreso the part where the neighbor said he had a suspicious lack of urgency. I'm not sure what exactly he meant by that, but I'd imagine it was just complete apathy and indifference. If it was, that doesn't seem like appropriate behavior for anyone in that situation to just act careless about it. But like someone else said, I'm definitely taking his statements with a grain (or shaker) of salt for now :)

since the supect's father (victim's grandfather) also says his son was just putting a fatally wounded by accidental impaling on a stick Willow "out of her misery"

I tend to take anything out of DD's mouth with loads and loads of salt.

The neighbor IMO has less reason to be untruthful than the grandfather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix