GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that's just what JD is saying in his initial shock at getting caught. As in perhaps he doesn't want the real story getting out. I'm sure once a defense lawyer gets a hold of him he'll plead not guilty and force this into a trial.

Or he's just telling his Dad what he thinks his Dad wants to hear.

MOO

BBM above: representation will be a State appointed DA probably pro bono - just check out how many attys practice in a 50 mile radius (commutable every day). No one in StL would touch this with a ten foot pole (not a $ maker)

This is NOT Florida

CD's story is coming direct from SJM's interview. That is, everything other than NG crying and repeatedly saying Willow's name while he was pointing to the door, that is hearsay from CE. SJM just said he pointed.

JD's story is all hearsay from DD

Everyone else's story IE: town citizens/neighbors is hearsay from who-knows.

*headdesk*

[Edited to correct CE from TK]

Hi toothless, you asked me a question on the last thread (and kindly defined "obvious" for me). The reason it is obvious to me that the uncle raped and murdered little Willow may be clear by my post count.

I've been here awhile. I've followed these kinds of cases for decades longer than that.

well there is obviously more than one injury so the coroner has to answer to COD specifically.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/sto...s-in-her-death/d/story/2g-izRVgqkOTslOxmBWMJw

it won't let me cut/paste so i'll type it: "Deryke wouldn't say how his son did it" meaning put her out of her misery.

we can assume (can we?) that there was some type of puncture wound as the stick story wouldn't have come out (true or not) if there wasn't a point of entry for an object.

then there's the 'end of misery' injury to which we can only speculate. LE did say that 'additional charges' would be filed pending the autopsy.

thoughts?

Additional charges? Sexual assault.

I'm sorry if this is off topic but I don't know where else to put it. I've been googling and can't find any information.

Does anyone know if the family has Willow's funeral in the works? If so...do you have a link with information what the funeral home is called, etc?

I imagine Willow would've liked a purple flower bouquet. :'(

Awfully quiet in twitter land. Was hoping someone would be tweeting from the courtroom.

Hi toothless, you asked me a question on the last thread (and kindly defined "obvious" for me. The reason it is obvious to me that the uncle raped and murdered little Willow may be clear by my post count.

I've been here awhile. I've followed these kinds of cases for decades longer than that.

Thank you for explaining that, and no your post count doesn't tell me anything, because lots of people here with more posts than you, and they never said anything about rape, so I was very confused.

I also did not see that your title says you're an attorney until now, so that explains a lot as well, regarding your knowledge of these things.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

Hi toothless, you asked me a question on the last thread (and kindly defined "obvious" for me. The reason it is obvious to me that the uncle raped and murdered little Willow may be clear by my post count.

And Gitana is an attorney so brings a special perspective.:seeya:

I think she was a very smart and articulate little girl and IF they(Mom and Brother) did have a party till 4 am in the morning( as was rumored)...I think she would be threatening to tell the Grandparents. I don't know how that would play in to everything but it could have been the instigator

Police said Long’s body was found by four search volunteers in an area south of Watson around 7:30 p.m. Monday. near the Little Wabash River.

-snip-

“Yeah I seen them over there drinking beer instead of searching for the little girl,” one neighbor said. That’s very pathetic, it’s awful. If that was my kid, I’d be out there looking 24/7.”

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Ques...ear-old-niece-appears-in-court-223274741.html

That's one of the comments I read oh FB last night that I couldn't reference. Glad you have a link Popsicle.

BBM above: representation will be a State appointed DA probably pro bono - just check out how many attys practice in a 50 mile radius (commutable every day). No one in StL would touch this with a ten foot pole (not a $ maker)

This is NOT Florida

Well NG and HLN haven't gotten a hold of this case yet. If they do, anything can happen. I'm sure a local lawyer would consider jumping into this pro bono if the story goes national. :(

MOO

I'm sorry if this is off topic but I don't know where else to put it. I've been googling and can't find any information.

Does anyone know if the family has Willow's funeral in the works? If so...do you have a link with information what the funeral home is called, etc?

Anyway, I'll lose it again if I keep this up, but can someone please post a link with this information if you have it, or if it comes up in later news? Thank you.

The only place I've seen this discussed is at the Willow Long Memorial FB page. You do have to join to see the posts.

I'm sure the presser will address some of this, but out of general curiosity, can any case veterans shed some light on the typical reasoning behind not releasing the COD? I've heard it's to prevent false confessions, but how prevalent of a fear is that these days? have there been any instances besides with jon-benet when significant LE resources were allotted towards investigating a dead end like that? It's hard to fathom how somebody could want to lie about something like that, but here we are. Or do they mean more like "taking the blame for someone close" false confessions..? And is the COD ever withheld even after there is a conviction? Do privacy/decency ever come into account, if it's a matter of there being no reason to satisfy the public's morbid curiosity?

Thanks in advance!

Good questions, Bettie...

I have been on WS for a while, now...

there are still cases where the person was deceased more than a year prior... And the COD has still not been revealed...

I have wondered just what the reason(s) for this is...

JMO

I'm sure someone will post that as soon as any know. I'm not sure her body has been released yet. Sometimes it takes up to a week to get to the funeral itself or longer.

Gitana- you say that but then you post that there WILL be additional chargers when the only thing that has been said publically is that charges may be added in the future. You make you assumption of rape based on someone saying there will be additional chargers when the statement of being additional chargers is false at this time. May be and will be are totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kforbes862