Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to think local. From yesterdays' presser:

“It is possible that Mollie came into contact with someone who has caused her harm,” Mortvedt said.

Mortvedt went on to say that a person involved in Tibbetts’ disappearance may not be a member of the community member but is likely familiar with the community.

Authorities launch website dedicated to finding Mollie Tibbetts
This could mean someone who has a reason to come to Brooklyn but does not live there. So does Brooklyn have any kind of business that would draw people to come there to work but not live there? A family member they visit often? What else?

I think we need to think local. From yesterdays' presser:

“It is possible that Mollie came into contact with someone who has caused her harm,” Mortvedt said.

Mortvedt went on to say that a person involved in Tibbetts’ disappearance may not be a member of the community member but is likely familiar with the community.

Authorities launch website dedicated to finding Mollie Tibbetts

I believe that this is a really important detail that should be included in all scenarios and speculations related to Mollie's abduction. What I understand from this is that the abductor does not live in Brooklyn, but he has reason to travel to or through Brooklyn at times.

JMO
This Missouri case perp is one of my top theories.

*He tried to abduct a random jogger the very day before MT was reported as missing.

*Perp was after a jogger and tried to get her in his vehicle

*Perp knew she would go to LE when she escaped and he had to leave the area

*I55 is right there and so he had two choices. North or South. Once he got on that road he would have driven a long ways IMO to get out of dodge.

*2 turns and he could have been in MTs area.
I-55 north from Miner and then when he hit Peoria Illinois he would take a Northwest turn on I-74 and then to I-80 west and right into MT's town.

*We know MT was jogging at some point

*The timing is perfect for him to be in MT area after the known day and time he attempted the jogger abduction in Missouri. Whether he spent one night somewhere or not the timing was just about right for him to be in her area.

Man tries to abduct young female in Miner, MO, still at large

Yes kkdj and Hatfield, I was thinking about this a while back too. If this man found out they got him on video he may have left the town completely. Brooklyn would have only been a little over 6 hours from Miner, Missouri. Makes you wonder.

I’m trying to come up with a comparison analysis to MT’s case and that of other similar ones where the victim was outdoors and abducted by a stranger. The only ones I can think of are Sierah Joughrin, Libby & Abby, and Evansville, IA girls. Does anyone know where I can find any others on this here? I want to compare mileage from where the victim’s remains where found and where they were abducted, if it was a serial abducter, motive, evidence used to find and convict the perpetrator, type of town crime occurred, etc. I figure this may be helpful to the MT case.

I think things like this are very useful. I know back on the McStay case I ended up doing something similar. Those threads were a free for all and everyone under the sun was accused of being involved and I wanted to try to bring some focus to it. I gathered every case I could find where someone intentionally killed an entire family. And as I recall, I was able to sort those into four distinct categories. Three didn't seem to fit the known facts of the McStay case, and that left one possibility: I'd found a very small number of cases where business associates who felt they'd been double crossed had taken out their revenge in this way.

I had been completely on the fence about who did it before that, but I decided that I'd focus more on the business associate angle after that, and that's who police eventually arrested.

I think it makes no sense about the car wash, If she was seen about 8, the perp must have got her after that time.

Her phone pings in those other spots and then the perp comes back to the car wash?

I guess it is possible. That would mean the perp cannot clean the car at his place of residence. Hotel, living with parents or wife .

Do these kinds of perps ever have roommates?
I think the car wash is a good point because of what may have been seen on cctv. it appears it sits on a corner and the normal camera placement would be cameras from left looking rt and cameras from rt looking left. crossing each other, so the place, property, of placement is completely or almost completely covered and a side effect is that all directions at that corner could be seen...may and could not saying for sure. another type of camera could be pointed strait down and get a full circle around it. when a camera is in a encasement it is either there to fool people about how many are really there, to protect the camera or it can be electronically turned and zoomed if being actively watched. there are other types and tech but I think these would be the most likely and the turn and zoom and actively watch I am not too sure would be likely at a car wash at all.

That car wash has a lot of signage on the front and the doors are open. You can see it if you back the Google car up on the street that it’s on, like at an angle coming toward it...if that makes sense

Good call! Some pics of town are from 2016 and it looks a little less like an abandoned building if you come from further away.

Note those Google images are from 2013, taken during when the car wash was being constructed. Looking at those images I see no outside camera installs but that doesn't mean they weren't added afterward.

Brooklyn locals, can you determine if cameras are currently installed at the D & M Car Wash? If expect though that if there were LE would have been attempting to locate customers from the evening of and days after the event. As of this last presser there is no indication of such attempts.

The owner of D &M car wash tells Channel 13's off camera, he gave surveillance video and credit card transactions from July 18th and July 19th to the FBI. Officials Highlight “Areas of Concern” In Search for Mollie Tibbetts

This could mean someone who has a reason to come to Brooklyn but does not live there. So does Brooklyn have any kind of business that would draw people to come there to work but not live there? A family member they visit often? What else?
Or someone who does live there but his work has him traveling around.

This requires that the suspect in Miner MO lives a completely transient life and that no one in his life expects him to turn up to sleep or eat at any predictable time.

Those are good points but he is a real person with a black vehicle that likely had to leave Miner area or they would have tracked him down and arrested him by now.

So maybe he just lives alone in an apartment somewhere.

I do know quite a few people that are single with their own apartments and most neighbors dont pay too much attention in apartments of peoples routines.

That black vehicle was strange looking to me. I noticed he had very dark tinted windows. I almost got the feeling he had tinted windows for his abductomobile. I wish LE would find him and arrest him.

Until he is caught he is a potential killer on the loose IMO.

There was an interview with Mollie's father and her boyfriend on Fox News this morning. (If this has been posted I apologize) Really nothing new.

I am just so impressed with her father. He has remarkable composure and strength given this awful situation. Bring Mollie home...

Mollie Tibbetts search now focusing on car wash, truck stop and areas in and around Brooklyn, Iowa
Thanks for posting. I had not yet seen. I think it helps visually see/hear from RT and DJ on their points of view re: investigation.

Yes! And if that's it, it would make sense they have no public information for those ovals.

Ok so I really don't know anything about this type of thing sooooo

Are you saying that Mollies phone (no matter who had it) could have logged on to wifi as it traveled along the road?
And could this possibly be why LE had the question about MT being in a house that night?

Am I correct in my summation that the “large reward for the recovery of Mollie” located on the new website is separate from that of the Crime Stoppers reward?

I have rechecked the crime stoppers donation form and it still includes the verbiage of “safe return of Mollie” as recent as right this moment which leads me to think they are separate.

If that is correct, would the reward for recovery be through/from the Local LE/DCI/FBI? Do we know where the (possibly) new recovery fund is coming from?
I think they would use the total so it’s more substantial. Crime stoppers would be the perfect manager.

As far as the language they are using. They probably have no evidence to indicate she is deceased. Everyone gives 200% when looking for a missing person vs a body.

Note those Google images are from 2013, taken during when the car wash was being constructed. Looking at those images I see no outside camera installs but that doesn't mean they weren't added afterward.

Brooklyn locals, can you determine if cameras are currently installed at the D & M Car Wash? If expect though that if there were LE would have been attempting to locate customers from the evening of and days after the event. As of this last presser there is no indication of such attempts.
as was reported there are infact cameras at the carwash. footage was handed over to LE and card transactions were also given to LE

Yeah... this is the same pic from Google Maps from 2013. Not sure anything has changed but I'd like to see what it looks like now
There may be better shots in my videos as I know I drove by more than once, but in Video 3 at about 12:50 you can see that there is a security camera above the change dispenser that doesn’t appear in the Google Map images.

Attachments

• B9C0D4C8-2605-46E9-9D67-C69A4BD4263A.jpeg
    B9C0D4C8-2605-46E9-9D67-C69A4BD4263A.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics