Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My recollection is that he told his father who arrived Tuesday morning something about the story, but not the entire truth. Enough to acknowledge there were murders and that he had disposed of the bodies.....
I didn't realize this Herat, is there a news article about this point? I am trying to determine what day CW did the interview in front of his home before he was arrested and if his father arrived Tuesday when did he do the interview?

Most creditors don't show up to the bankruptcy hearings and thats when a judge will basically let you off the hook on those accounts since they are not there to contest your request.

So if you owe 10 credit card companies then it's a good chance that 9 of them will not send out a representative. It would cost them too much if they did this everyday in every city throughout the United States.

It was a low point in my life. I think the lowest. I do know these struggles can really build resentments and affect your life to the extreme...so I would never underestimate their impact on anyone. I had to slay some demons and learn to establish boundaries as a result of this... so yes I am definitely stronger because of it. Thank you for your comment :)

The strongest steel is tested by fire...

I thought it would be interesting to compile a chart with all the ones we know - a table with their demographics, month they killed, whether they killed or tried to kill themselves, whether the confessed, ages of the kids and things like whether they were having an affair, did they have debt, a secret, whether the spouse had tried to leave, and also whether they had a mental health diagnosis.

There are female family annihilators too and they could be included.

Jumping off your post, I’m suddenly interested if there could be any unresolved cold cases here on WS which were actually the work of a FA. Someone who got away with it. Maybe cases(s) were ruled as random intruders, etc? Anyway o/t...

To me this area of study, while interesting, is not one that necessarily serves my best sleuthing interests here, meaning identifying this type of profile might not necessarily be that signicant at all in missing person cases due to its comparable rarity...actually I take that back, disposal locations, which is something that I think is very productive on WS.

Last edited:
(So, as I’ve mentioned before, one of my strengths in the past has NOT been being able to tell when people are lying (I believed Patsy R until I came here (blush), and even OJ (double blush, embarrassed). But I’m getting better as I see more and more of these types of interviews here on WS. I was thinking the other day of starting a thread of reference videos of such lying perps, “please come home safe”, “I’d never hurt my baby boy”, etc etc. Top of the thread would be CW, Mark Redwine and Emily Glass for starters...It would be interesting to compare mannerisms and verbage, etc. Man we could fill up a thread of “lying interviews” in a heartbeat. I’m going to flag a mod and see if this is something they’d approve or not.)

That would be awesome! Don't forget susan smith. Josh Powell. Scott Peterson.

(So, as I’ve mentioned before, one of my strengths in the past has NOT been being able to tell when people are lying (I believed Patsy R until I came here (blush), and even OJ (double blush, embarrassed). But I’m getting better as I see more and more of these types of interviews here on WS. I was thinking the other day of starting a thread of reference videos of such lying perps, “please come home safe”, “I’d never hurt my baby boy”, etc etc. Top of the thread would be CW, Mark Redwine and Emily Glass for starters...It would be interesting to compare mannerisms and verbage, etc. Man we could fill up a thread of “lying interviews” in a heartbeat. I’m going to flag a mod and see if this is something they’d approve or not.)

this is why i was so astounded at the medias hysteria that he gave an interview Monday and did not in detail report to the media exactly how he murdered his family

The shocker was where they were placed but the hysteria about him lying has been perplexing to me

and I think the media (who knows and participates in SM a lot more than I do) folks who give all this credibility and shock that there SM presecens is not an accurate portrayal of whatever was going on within their marriage.

It is kinda the same thing -- how could this happen to this happy family was there endless headlines

I had the expectation that media/public ought to kinda know instnatly that SM portrayal had nothing to do with reality

Three dead people ought to have instantly erased the news stories with all bewilderment.

Clearly this was a sad union between two people , wherein two people suffered through what was apparently a tumultuous existence between the two

Were def talking personality disordered issues. In fact there are several PD that tend to attract to one another with hideous outcomes.

Clinically proven.

We have to wait for more info (here) to ascertain those dynamics.

imo there is much more to the tragedy than is currently known. It tends to be more complicated when dealing with PD than say someone who hears voices and responds to them .

I am not good with the legal stuff so don't really have an understanding of what the next 72 hours will reveal.

It seems so inconsistent from place to place .

In my state domestic violence against a spouse is considered child abuse. Children can be taken by the state if they witness abuse and the victim insists on staying with an abuser after the police have become involved, for example.

That is in PART because those who abuse spouses have a greater likelihood of being violent with their children.
Yes, thank you for reminding us of "likelihood'.
Also studies have shown that children witnessing abuse in the
home can eventually have stunted or lack of growth and development in important 'emotional' areas of the brain.
Their brain in certain lobes,actually stops developing due to chemical changes
in the brain.

Jumping off your post, I’m suddenly interested if there could be any unresolved cold cases here on WS which were actually the work of a FA. Someone who got away with it. Maybe cases(s) were ruled as random intruders, etc? Anyway o/t...

To me this area of study, while interesting, is not one that necessarily serves my best sleuthing interests here, meaning identifying this type of profile might not necessarily be that signicant at all in missing person cases...actually I take that back, disposal locations, which is something that I think is very productive on WS.)

Yeah. It's much rarer than most of the missing person case outcomes we look at here. But it's so important i think because it's so unfathomable and many families may be more at risk of if than they know.

I didn't realize this Herat, is there a news article about this point? I am trying to determine what day CW did the interview in front of his home before he was arrested and if his father arrived Tuesday when did he do the interview?

That's going to be in Thread #2. Will take a bit to find it.

The Channel 9 interview was conducted on Tuesday, August 14 and the google articles state it was "24 hours before he confessed" The news reports I see say that he confessed on Wednesday Aug 15, in the evening (one post about the confession is stamped 8:35 pm Aug 15), so it sounds as though his father arrived Wed Aug 15, not Tues Aug 14.

The murders occurred late Sunday Aug 12 or early Monday Aug 13

Last edited:
Here is the Channel 9 news video with CW done outside his home, on the driveway

Watch it first with the sound off:
Full interview with Chris Watts 24 hours before he reportedly confessed to killing family

His body language is very very distracting: The body hugging with both, but especially the right arm.... the bobbing, the rocking side-to-side, the facial expressions,

For the most part he gestures only with his left hand while his right is tightly clasped across his body hugging his left chest.

Near the end, the reporter (cleverly and very astutely) asks him about his Carolina Tarheels jersey and his demeanor changes dramatically. He drops his shoulders, opens up both arms and lifts his shirt up a little. His face relaxes and he smiles. It's clearly a relief at at that moment that he doesnt have to answer another difficult question, but can talk about sports. Then the reporter asks another question about the disappearance and he instantly goes back into the defensive, body hugging stance.

It reminds me very much of a little boy who has been caught doing something bad, but refuses to cooperate with his mom and just keeps trying to deny it. I certainly don't get any sense of menace or open cruelty from it. He doesnt have the slick pompousness of Scott Peterson of the arrogance of Drew Peterson in this video.

Forensic psychologists will have a field day with this.

In 8:06 minutes, CW spouted many words, even repeated some, but not once did he mention his missing wife by her name. He mentioned his children's names once, but only after he was asked by reporter. (Interview by 9News reporters). The words he used to describe his daughters are very telling: "Celeste is like her" (Mum) -- troublemaker and rampage; "Bella is like me" (CW), choosing "mothering" and "calm" to describe Bella. CW also told the reporter that Bella was starting Kindergarten "next Monday," but St Vrain Valley Schools had open house on Monday, August 13, and 1st day of Kindergarten was Friday, August 17 (Grades 1+ started August 15).

• No inclination
  • Friends I didn't know about
  • Home like a ghost town
  • Earth shattering
  • Nightmare
  • Nobody
  • Nothing
  • Kindergarten
  • Direct Sales Business
  • That's her
  • What she does
  • Respond to her people
  • Not like her
  • Trying to get home
  • Fast as I coud
  • blowing stop signs
  • none made sense
  • She's not here
  • Where did she go
  • Somewhere safe
  • Maybe she's there
  • She's vanished
  • So bad
  • Those kids
  • Own opinion
  • My family
  • Safe
  • This house
  • night was traumatic
  • Can't stay
  • knock on the door
  • Those kids
  • Knock me on the ground
  • Hardest part
  • Trouble
  • Huddled up
  • Earth shattering
  • checked out
  • She leaves it
  • Nightmare
  • I saw her
  • It was real quick
  • Kids in the monitor
  • On point
  • I like a lot (shirt)
  • Trouble maker, rampage (Celeste, like her)
  • Calm, mothering (Bella, like me)

The initial reference to the t shirt started because of the news interviewer's question and his awkward response. It lead some to query when SW actually gave it to him ~ whether she brought it back from her trip with family in NC or her last trip to Arizona just before she was murdered. I believe the concern was if she brought it back from Arizona and he removed it from her luggage before or after she was killed, that would be unthinkable.

Unthinkable? Huh. Considering he killed his whole family, going through her luggage just doesn’t seem that big a deal to me. For all we know it was in her carry on bag and she handed it to him just before he killed her. I just don’t see the big deal over his shirt.

Yeah. It's much rarer than most of the missing person case outcomes we look at here. But it's so important i think because it's so unfathomable and many families may be more at risk of if than they know.
You had mentioned there are female FAs too? I say I’m surprised, but after Lucas, Little Jacob/Jayden’s and Baby Levi’s case it doesn’t surprise me (3 first random examples off the top of my head as far as females killing their children...if they could kill 1 why not 2...wait a minute, you guys mentioned Susan Smith. Duh. (Sorry I’m slow sometimes), didn’t she blame a black man. Okay getting too o/t here. Interesting note, CE didn’t seem to blame anybody yet...again, I’m thinking the wellness check caught him unprepared too quickly and foiled his cover up, whatever that might have been.

ETA: Lots of Latinos/Latinas in the area, he was probably going to blame US Hahahahahaha!

Last edited:
In 8:06 minutes, CW spouted many words, even repeated some, but not once did he mention his missing wife by her name. He mentioned his children's names once, but only after he was asked by reporter. (Interview by 9News reporters). The words he used to describe his daughters are very telling: "Celeste is like her" (Mum) -- troublemaker and rampage; "Bella is like me" (CW), choosing "mothering" and "calm" to describe Bella. CW also told the reporter that Bella was starting Kindergarten "next Monday," but St Vrain Valley Schools had open house on Monday, August 13, and 1st day of Kindergarten was Friday, August 17 (Grades 1+ started August 15).
  • No inclination
  • Friends I didn't know about
  • Home like a ghost town
  • Earth shattering
  • Nightmare
  • Nobody
  • Nothing
  • Kindergarten
  • Direct Sales Business
  • That's her
  • What she does
  • Respond to her people
  • Not like her
  • Trying to get home
  • Fast as I coud
  • blowing stop signs
  • none made sense
  • She's not here
  • Where did she go
  • Somewhere safe
  • Maybe she's there
  • She's vanished
  • So bad
  • Those kids
  • Own opinion
  • My family
  • Safe
  • This house
  • night was traumatic
  • Can't stay
  • knock on the door
  • Those kids
  • Knock me on the ground
  • Hardest part
  • Trouble
  • Huddled up
  • Earth shattering
  • checked out
  • She leaves it
  • Nightmare
  • I saw her
  • It was real quick
  • Kids in the monitor
  • On point
  • I like a lot (shirt)
  • Trouble maker, rampage (Celeste, like her)
  • Calm, mothering (Bella, like me)

Kindergarten? So was she close to turning 5? She would have had to be 5 by 10/1 to get in to Kinder.

Enrollment & Registration | St Vrain Valley School District

correct. SW was married previously to an attorney in NC.
The home 'she' sold furnished in NC was built in 2009 probably while she was married. When this home sold, she was already in Co. with
CW and they leased a huge home (4044 sf, 6bedr/4ba.) in
Bromont, Co.
Do you mean “Broomfield?” (North Denver metro)
How did you find this info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member