CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good chance CW is a repeat cheater. As a counselor once told me. "If he cheated on you once, don't be surprised when he does it again."

The ones that get me are the homewreckers. The ones who have an affair with a married man, break up his marriage, get married to him, then they are shocked (SHOCKED) when he cheats on them. smh

I hear you and I agree. He was a lucky man and he didn't appreciate it and threw it all away.
She was a hard worker and did her best and I am angry as well at the posts trying to put her down in an effort to bring CW up. IMO
I can't even imagine someone caring enough about me to pre-prepare 5 weeks of meals.

Sometimes my mother in law will text me at work saying “I can’t get ahold of ——, is she okay?” I’ll call her and if I get no answer I never have considered calling police.
Well, that's just you. Many others would react differently....maybe just to calm the concerns of their MIL. It seems that SW's friend knew a lot about SW's personal and married life, probably even abuse in SW and CW's marriage. It would follow that she would suggest a wellness check to LE.

Hi all. I've been trying to follow these threads along with the Mollie Tibbetts threads but it's a lot to catch up on. So I apologize b/c I should probably know this- but where does it say definitively that the children and SW were all strangled? Is it just CW's word for it? I may have missed it but has COD been issued?

I wonder if LE was taping him, at least audio.

Tell you what,despite being UK based, am seriously impressed with this local LE force/combined team.
Drones, 2 day investigations on the APerson issue, super speedy round to the crime scene at the outset, a great DA...yes could have had a wire-tap & covert surveillance on him.

Hi all. I've been trying to follow these threads along with the Mollie Tibbetts threads but it's a lot to catch up on. So I apologize b/c I should probably know this- but where does it say definitively that the children and SW were all strangled? Is it just CW's word for it? I may have missed it but has COD been issued?
As far as I know the cause of death of all of the murdered people has not been released (????) just that HE said he strangled his wife and that SHE strangled the little kids.

Tell you what,despite being UK based, am seriously impressed with this local LE force/combined team.
Drones, 2 day investigations on the APerson issue, super speedy round to the crime scene at the outset, a great DA...yes could have had a wire-tap & covert surveillance on him.

And all this just because someone didn’t answer the phone! Police were on it!!!

I believe she said she "tortured him" and gave him "outs" and he still came for her.

I've heard many women say this and it wasn't because they were abusive, more so that they played hard to get or ghosted off and on, and avoided jumping into the relationship.

Every time I hear my friends say something like what Shanann said about how she treated C.W. at the start of their relationship, I laugh. They just want to make people think that their boyfriend or husband desired them so much and they just wouldn’t give up the chase. He just wanted her so badly he would chase her like a beat dog? Nobody wants a man with no self-respect. It’s rarely true when people say that, IMO, at least not to the extent they make it sound.. None of my friends were ever mean or hurtful or tortured their boyfriends but they tell a different story when they want to.

First, I apologize if these questions have already been answered. So much reading and I had to take a break to fix some plumbing issues!

1. Since a cadaver dog picked up a scent, does a certain time have to pass for a cadaver dog to pick up a dead scent?

2. Can any sort of test determine how old the scent is?

3. Could the pillow covers have been used to strangle the girls? Would police test all objects for DNA?

4. Since all of the decedents are related, can the DNA be distinguished between daughters and mom?

5. Would fitted bed sheet (found in the oil field) be tested for DNA?

6. Would all of CW’s clothes be tested for DNA or death scent?

7. Cariis posted “...and now we know why he killed his wife and etc. etc.”. How do we know that; did I miss something?

8. Is SW thought to be having an affair or is this wild conjecture?

Thank you for your tolerances and anticipated responses.

I have to shut this thread down for an hour or more. The alerts are being sent so fast I cannot keep up.
Please everyone. Help us out. Stay on topic no name calling.
Thread will open in an hour or more

I haven’t looked at a map of roads, but so we know if he had to pass a toll booth on his way to work? I know from my time in Denver that they are common on the highway.

Day 2 of the Investigation (Tuesday morning, 7am).

Detective Baumhover calls into dispatch and learns that SW and the girls have not returned. He immediately orders a press release and calls the Colorado Bureau of Investigations for assistance. (The Frederick PD is small, so it is customary to ask for State assistance.) Baumhover them calls Chris's supervisor at Anadarko Petroleum to check Chris's alibi.

Det. "Was Chris at work yesterday?"
Supervisor: "Yes he was."
Det. "Was he there all day?"
Supervisor: "Until he had to leave to go home at 1:30."
Det. "What time did he arrive at work?"
Supervisor: "The usual time. 8:00."
Det. "Was there any reason that he would come in to work early yesterday?"
Supervisor: "Not that I know of."

BOOM, they've just caught him in lie #1.

Det. "Watts drives a company truck, doesn't he?"
Supervisor: "Yes."
Det. "Do you guys have any GPS tracking devices on those trucks?"
Supervisor: "Yes, we do."
Det. "Could you check the tracking information for CW and let us know if there
is anything unusual there?"
Supervisor: Sure.

BOOM, they've got a hot lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics