Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB Biunno #HeyJB

@WFLAJB

Roberta Laundrie Letter:
@WFLA
has made multiple requests to attorney Steve Bertolino for the letter from #BrianLaundrie's mother. "The letter in question was written prior to "the trip." Nothing further to comment on," Bertolino told me this morning.
7:20 AM · Jun 29, 2022

JB Biunno #HeyJB

@WFLAJB

Bertolino was given possession of the #RobertaLaundrie letter from the FBI in Tampa on Friday. Petito/Schmidt attorney Pat Reilly says Bertolino assured him it wouldn't be destroyed or lost. Despite our requests, Bertolino has not released this letter or revealed it's contents.

7:23 AM · Jun 29, 2022

(snipped by carbuff)
He stated most recently they might get it because GP might have drawn in it. (Frankly anyone can doodle pretty much anywhere, but that small lined spiral notebook didn't look much like a place a person would draw. So I'm not sure what was behind the attorney's statement about drawings.)

This is just my opinion, so it might not be worth anything, but speaking as a person who sketches on trips, I doubt if that little spiral notebook that BL took to the preserve with him is the same one he/she/they had on the trip. Gabby sketching has been mentioned more than once, and that notebook isn't even remotely suitable for anything more than a doodle or two.

This is just my opinion, so it might not be worth anything, but speaking as a person who sketches on trips, I doubt if that little spiral notebook that BL took to the preserve with him is the same one he/she/they had on the trip. Gabby sketching has been mentioned more than once, and that notebook isn't even remotely suitable for anything more than a doodle or two.

I didn't think it looked like a sketchbook anyone would use either. And I know we saw photos posted of drawings and of larger "books" with drawings on blank pages from the trip but the drawings weren't in tiny lined notebooks.

Not sure why the P's attorney said what he did about the "notebook" maybe containing GP's drawings. I guess he might not have seen it when he said that but he's the attorney for the wrongful death lawsuit too .... I think it just shows attorneys say things for effect when a lawsuit looms.

I didn't think it looked like a sketchbook anyone would use either. And I know we saw photos posted of drawings and of larger "books" with drawings on blank pages from the trip but the drawings weren't in tiny lined notebooks.

Not sure why the P's attorney said what he did about the "notebook" maybe containing GP's drawings. I guess he might not have seen it when he said that but he's the attorney for the wrongful death lawsuit too .... I think it just shows attorneys say things for effect when a lawsuit looms.

I'm not sure either family, and their lawyers, knows much more than we do about what happened on the trip. It sounds like he might have seen those photos of the drawings and speculated based on that.

There you have it. More of the ever-changing story.
Everything but the truth.

CL and RL are still in CYA mode, unwilling to face the reality that they failed Gabby, Gabby‘s parents, and even their own son. Had they notified and cooperated with authorities from the start, Gabby’s parents may have been spared weeks of anguish in uncertainty. BL would likely be alive and behind bars awaiting due process, rather than having been found dead in a swamp.

Yet here we are, deciphering a notebook from their son and cryptic messages from their lawyer.

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

JMO
Disagree 100%. CL & RL didn't fail Gabby or Gabby's parents. They can't be held responsible for the actions of their adult son. Had they notified and cooperated with authorities from the start, BL would likely be dead from LE bullets, or else lying in a hospital or hospice grievously wounded from same. It was a no-win situation for them, and I wish people would give them a break. The Petito’s lawsuit will likely be dismissed. I do feel sympathy for the Petitos, but with Brian Laundry dead, they realistically have no one else to blame. They fact that they are going after the Laundrie parents is a huge error in judgement on their part . MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have a question I’m sure it’s been answered before, but I never understood this…the Moab incident happened then he flew to Florida?? Why wouldn’t he just have stayed in Florida??
because Gabby was uncomfortable in driving the van, so she probably asked him to return to drive the van back to Florida, or to continue their trip....that's my guess. MOO

Disagree 100%. CL & RL didn't fail Gabby or Gabby's parents. They can't be held responsible for the actions of their adult son. Had they notified and cooperated with authorities from the start, BL would likely be dead from LE bullets, or else lying in a hospital or hospice grievously wounded from same. It was a no-win situation for them, and I wish people would give them a break. The Petitos lawsuit will likely be dismissed. I do feel sympathy for the Petitos but with Brian Laundry dead, they realistically have no one else to blame. They fact that they are going after the Laundrie parents is a huge error in judgement on their part . MOO.
I respectfully disagree.

because Gabby was uncomfortable in driving the van, so she probably asked him to return to drive the van back to Florida, or to continue their trip....that's my guess. MOO
Thank you for that answer I just am confused about the timeline was this after Moab? Did her parents know he took that trip?

Thank you for that answer I just am confused about the timeline was this after Moab? Did her parents know he took I Moab

After Moab. After his return, she only lived for 4 more days.

Disagree 100%. CL & RL didn't fail Gabby or Gabby's parents. They can't be held responsible for the actions of their adult son. Had they notified and cooperated with authorities from the start, BL would likely be dead from LE bullets, or else lying in a hospital or hospice grievously wounded from same. It was a no-win situation for them, and I wish people would give them a break. The Petitos lawsuit will likely be dismissed. I do feel sympathy for the Petitos, but with Brian Laundry dead, they realistically have no one else to blame. They fact that they are going after the Laundrie parents is a huge error in judgement on their part . MOO.
You helped me think of the upside. Had BL tried to resist arrest, rather than be apprehended peacefully by police, law enforcement officers might have been harmed. By taking himself out, BL spared LE from putting themselves in further danger.

Her shoes were found near the body so that's probably why OP suggested he took them off. They also could have come off in a struggle.
It’s been so long now that maybe I’m not remembering correctly. But I thought there was mention of an area near where Gabby’s remains were found, where a tent may have been pitched. If she and Brian pitched a tent intending to camp there that night, and she got into the tent, she would have taken her boots off. You don’t wear boots and shoes in and out of a tent to keep dirt and mud from being tracked in there.

I guess from the description of the scene and since her shoes were off, I always figured they got into an argument inside the tent and she tried to leave and he chased her and attacked her.

All IMO

It’s been so long now that maybe I’m not remembering correctly. But I thought there was mention of an area near where Gabby’s remains were found, where a tent may have been pitched. If she and Brian pitched a tent intending to camp there that night, and she got into the tent, she would have taken her boots off. You don’t wear boots and shoes in and out of a tent to keep dirt and mud from being tracked in there.

I guess from the description of the scene and since her shoes were off, I always figured they got into an argument inside the tent and she tried to leave and he chased her and attacked her.

All IMO
You are so right, and early on it was mentioned that Gabby had issues with Brian tracking dirt into their van on his feet (I think he announced that during the Moab stop), so she was probably a fanatic about taking shoes off before entering the van OR A TENT. So his story that they were making their way back to the van on foot seems like such a farse now even more as you bring this up. They were probably cozy in a tent on the other side of that creek for the night when a fight began. Her boots were probably already off.

You helped me think of the upside. Had BL tried to resist arrest, rather than be apprehended peacefully by police, law enforcement officers might have been harmed. By taking himself out, BL spared LE from putting themselves in further danger.
And he also avoided being charged with murder. Which is why the FBI handed over his possessions to his parents. To be noted, the FBI did not bring charges against the Laundries.

JB Biunno #HeyJB
@WFLAJB

Roberta Laundrie Letter:
@WFLA
has made multiple requests to attorney Steve Bertolino for the letter from #BrianLaundrie's mother. "The letter in question was written prior to "the trip." Nothing further to comment on," Bertolino told me this morning.
7:20 AM · Jun 29, 2022
JB Biunno #HeyJB
@WFLAJB

Bertolino was given possession of the #RobertaLaundrie letter from the FBI in Tampa on Friday. Petito/Schmidt attorney Pat Reilly says Bertolino assured him it wouldn't be destroyed or lost. Despite our requests, Bertolino has not released this letter or revealed it's contents.

7:23 AM · Jun 29, 2022
SB says the letter was written prior to “the trip”. I am curious which trip SB is referring to? The original cross-country van trip? Or the trip BL made from Utah back home to Florida, then flew back to Salt Lake?

Thinking of Gabby Petito today-- it was early July when she set out with Brian Laundrie on what they thought was going to be a great road trip which I am sure they believed would help cement their relationship. We know what happened - wondering how it went so wrong - she was murdered by a man who had professed to love her-- and he wound up taking his own life. That young lady had so much going for her--such a terrible and tragic loss for her family----Her story stays with me----

do feel sympathy for the Petitos, but with Brian Laundry dead, they realistically have no one else to blame. They fact that they are going after the Laundrie parents is a huge error in judgement on their part .

Perhaps they just want to make sure they are provided access to everything that could give them the truth, as much as is possible, about what happened to their daughter and why. I can't imagine knowing the lawyers had the notebook, letters, etc. but not being able to see copies. Maybe there is other evidence. I'm surprised by the multiple comments criticizing this lawsuit; we aren't walking in their shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1