Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get into Craigslist personals in 2010 or any date via wayback but I’m not sure what dates to look through. I’ve already set it to LongIsland but I don’t know any of the women’s info. information. I can’t see the actual post but you can see how it begins

I know nothing about how this works other than the little I saw Josh and Rachel do in TKS. For some reason I'm thinking they had to separately enter "backpage" but could be wrong. I'm not sure but I got the impression it was like the little dark web section of Craig's list, something not visible from the main site? And, it might have been completely disbanded and taken down after Gilgo?

jmo

Hi, I am the designer that created this project. The project was created in 2022, before any arrests were made. The reporter here is trying to make it seem like some bandwagon profit scheme when that was never the case. Leave that to the NY post for their garbage content. The families of the victims participated in the project, and I am friends with a few of them since getting to know them and work with them over the course of the project. They fully support the movement and were in fact THANKFUL it. Nothing about my designs were “macabre”. That has been my jewelry style for years, as I am inspired by the nature surrounding me here on long island. I never altered my style to seem more “macabre” for this project. They were my existing designs, only adding elements of the victims personalities, hobbies, interests, tattoos, birthstones etc. things that their loved ones remember them for. Each necklace coincided with a podcast episode getting to know each victim. And as stated 100% of the net profits have been donated to SWOP- the sex workers outreach project, ending stigma and violence against sex workers. The other thing I’d like to mention is that John Ray spoke on behalf of his current and former clients which he was asked not to and he did anyway. Those clients (the victims family members) supported the project whereas John Rays statement made it seem otherwise. Even though the project ended some time ago, If you’d like to learn more about it and protecting SWers from law enforcement and violence you can visit theheavymetalproject.com to learn more about us. These posts are really hurtful after we worked to help so many in need. Thank you ♡
Affiliation with the victims aside, this is a beautiful and unique piece (among many) and you are a very talented jewelry designer IMO. It looks like modern art nouveau to me!

E608FDCA-3A5D-421B-A1FE-3E0E28C268AB.jpeg

I mean, the spouse and children are also victims. So....I don't see the issue here. Their lives have also been ripped apart and turned upside down. I don't see the issue IMO
I don't see the issue either.

I am not holding it against RHs family (victims) because they have a crass lawyer.
I am not holding it against the Gilgo 4s families (also victims) because they have a crass lawyer.

Nothing has changed for me. I will support all of the victims in this.

G*M didn't start up until May of 2010. I only learned this website existed when we had a major accident which killed numerous hockey players in Canada (a couple years ago). I had posted earlier that the times were changing. G*M was a mere 6 months old, and not common knowledge when these ladies were found murdered. I suspect, these days, a fund would be set up rather quickly after their discovery to assist their familes with funeral costs etc as that now seems to be the norm. Back then, it was not.

I see there is one set up for JT with her cousin being the beneficiary, but none for the confirmed Gilgo3 or the 4th suspected victim. I am at a loss as to how one would actually go about attempting to give them some financial support at this point in time as I can find no means to do so ...

Hi, I am the designer that created this project. The project was created in 2022, before any arrests were made. The reporter here is trying to make it seem like some bandwagon profit scheme when that was never the case. Leave that to the NY post for their garbage content. The families of the victims participated in the project, and I am friends with a few of them since getting to know them and work with them over the course of the project. They fully support the movement and were in fact THANKFUL it. Nothing about my designs were “macabre”. That has been my jewelry style for years, as I am inspired by the nature surrounding me here on long island. I never altered my style to seem more “macabre” for this project. They were my existing designs, only adding elements of the victims personalities, hobbies, interests, tattoos, birthstones etc. things that their loved ones remember them for. Each necklace coincided with a podcast episode getting to know each victim. And as stated 100% of the net profits have been donated to SWOP- the sex workers outreach project, ending stigma and violence against sex workers. The other thing I’d like to mention is that John Ray spoke on behalf of his current and former clients which he was asked not to and he did anyway. Those clients (the victims family members) supported the project whereas John Rays statement made it seem otherwise. Even though the project ended some time ago, If you’d like to learn more about it and protecting SWers from law enforcement and violence you can visit theheavymetalproject.com to learn more about us. These posts are really hurtful after we worked to help so many in need. Thank you ♡
Thank you for your clarification and efforts on behalf of all.

I am not holding it against RHs family (victims) because they have a crass lawyer.
I am not holding it against the Gilgo 4s families (also victims) because they have a crass lawyer.

G*M didn't start up until May of 2010. I only learned this website existed when we had a major accident which killed numerous hockey players in Canada (a couple years ago). I had posted earlier that the times were changing. G*M was a mere 6 months old, and not common knowledge when these ladies were found murdered. I suspect, these days, a fund would be set up rather quickly after their discovery to assist their familes with funeral costs etc as that now seems to be the norm. Back then, it was not.

I see there is one set up for JT with her cousin being the beneficiary, but none for the confirmed Gilgo3 or the 4th suspected victim. I am at a loss as to how one would actually go about attempting to give them some financial support at this point in time as I can find no means to do so ...

Agree completely.
Well said.

Just the accusation that he would take prostitutes into the cluttered unfinished basement of his home while his wife was home "upstairs" is absurd. If he's not killing them he's likely spending very little time with them to complete the transaction, taking them home for "services" makes no sense even if nobody was there.

even if he did, it's my understanding that the basement is accessed from the outside per pictures we saw of the investigators descending the cellar stairs to what I've been calling the 'dungeon' (or is there also a stairwell inside?)

if the outside access is the only access, then it would be very easy to rush someone down there without AE noticing

I didn’t like them either I found it appalling. I love the idea of fundraising for sex workers but the photos made me think of thorns or barbed wire around their necks, particularly Shannan.
There is no reason to believe Ray did not share this information with LE. That he's doing an interview circuit suggests to me he doesn't like what LE did with the information.

MOO

Thanks for your post! You are correct! No one knows except JR whether LE has been in contact with his witness. AE’s Attorney surprises me because I feel the best move for him would be to concentrate on privacy for Rex’s immediate family so they can began to reclaim their lives and move on to the future. I feel Victims Assistance would be involved assisting AE and children.

None of the family members that participated were disgusted by the jewelry/podcast project. They supported it and were very grateful for the exposure since when it launched, no one was talking about the case anymore & it brought attention to it while helping others in need.
My comment was nothing to do with the jewelry, I merely said that there was a striking imbalance between the outpouring of sympathy for the Heuermann family vs the victims' families. It was in response to an article where they spoke to Sherre Gilbert.

My only comment about the jewelry was that SWOP was a legitimate org that I worked alongside on a volunteer basis when I volunteered at the AIDS Council of NSW in the early oughts. I knew about SWOP and knew about its 'run by sex workers, for sex workers' structure, and that it was a good org to donate to. I made no comment on the jewelry itself, especially not that it was condemned by the families. I said nothing like that.

MOO

BBM above - here is an example

Here is Johnny Ray again on newsnation with Brian Entin - take a listen

A few comments-

1. He starts off by saying Asa is conning everybody and she has for years
Uses an example that her husband makes plenty of money - these are not poor people - but she uses food stamps.
(JR knows all about the son's disabilities/eligibilty and food stamps but he wants you to believe that Asa is scamming the system)

Disingenuous at Best - not helpful
2. Then he goes into: you cannot tell me that they live in that little tiny house and how could she possibly in this day and age not have known that Rex was a serial killer. Says it overwhelming possible that she and the other adults in the house (aka the KIDS) knew very well what was going on in that house with Rex and sex in the basement ( still not sure even if that were true that means he is a killer and furthermore that would make his family think he was a killer)
What? - not helpful
3. Says Asa and kids never expressed sympathy for the dead girls /for what their father has done - he prob knows better than most that they were most likely told to not say anything like that by legal counsel-and btw innocent until proven guilty etc - but he says it points to their guilt
What? - not helpful

Finally under What? -not helpful - his very very credible witness who is not coming forward "at this time" who he personally "examined" (not interviewed but examined - his words) for hours. This witness says there were sex workers in the house and it was well known by the family. Once again its a leap from there to serial killing even if true, but hey it's Johnny Ray

IMO Put up or shut up IMO JR. If Asa/kids are complicit aren't you obligated to do the right thing and bring it to LE, don't shovel innuendo on newsnation.

I do notice in listening to him that he takes care to walk a thin line when making all his statements. He says "What I hear" "What I have been told ".

It is clear to me that he wants the family classified as "suspects" so any money can be frozen to preserve it for his clients. He's shady - but he does have a strategy and end game.

So maybe @Ruminations you are correct that what he does could prove helpful - helpful to his clients - its just not necessarily based upon anything in the realm of factual information nor actually helpful to the investigation at this point.

ALL JMO
JMO the real victims in this situation are John Rays clients. They’re the ones who lost loved ones to a serial killer.
That’s an important distinction we need to remember.

I have no problem with the adult son qualifying for SNAP and using the benefit he is entitled to.
I also think there is a good chance that the family is strapped for cash. I’m not sure that RH gave his wife independent access to “his” money.

Because I honestly can’t imagine returning to that house - not only because of the condition, but also because of the events that may have taken place there - if I had another option.

My takeaways from the press conference are: 1. that the family is broke and do not have a habitable residence, 2. they have had no communication or contact with LE. 3. they have no way to contact RH. He needs to contact them.

I am starting wonder if that press conference had a dual purpose.
In an uncontested divorce, the two parties need to agree on how to divide the money. And I believe uncontested can become contested up until the judge signs off on the paperwork.

That second point in particular seems like something I would want my future ex husband who is currently in prison to know so that he doesn’t decide to hold up the divorce or revisit the division of assets. Obviously wild speculation and JMO.
I think we also need to keep in mind that the murder investigation is ongoing. LE only recently completed the gathering of evidence from Rex H’s home, car, office, etc. and we should assume the investigation is ongoing. Rex H has been arrested and his case is proceeding, but we shouldn’t assume there won’t be other killers named. There’s still a great deal that LE and the public don’t know about these murders and the people involved.

In the big picture, Rex H’s marriage isn’t as important, JMO.

I’m still waiting until the investigation is complete. Just trying to be objective. The victims and their families are most important, JMO.

We still don’t know who killed the other LISK victims; they deserve justice too. These murder investigations have been mishandled for so many years, it’s important to keep the focus squarely on getting answers. Had many people like John Ray hadn’t done that, we wouldn’t be seeing progress made today.

My comment was nothing to do with the jewelry, I merely said that there was a striking imbalance between the outpouring of sympathy for the Heuermann family vs the victims' families. It was in response to an article where they spoke to Sherre Gilbert.
It has occurred to me that the imbalance might be explained by the cultural change in the intervening years. In my opinion, there has been a fairly radical change. How do you see it?

we should assume the investigation is ongoing. Rex H has been arrested and his case is proceeding, but we shouldn’t assume there won’t be other killers named. There’s still a great deal that LE and the public don’t know about these murders and the people involved.
The very quietness and secrecy of LE makes me hopeful that LE KNOWS but doesn't feel there's enough yet for a conviction. I believe I read that additional personnel have been added to the taskforce. Naturally, with all the possible evidence taken from the Heuermann holdings, that is prob. to be expected. Yet, I am hopeful of another surprising development or more.

It has occurred to me that the imbalance might be explained by the cultural change in the intervening years. In my opinion, there has been a fairly radical change. How do you see it?

Sadly, I think there hasn’t been enough cultural change, since many still disrespect or neglect murder victims simply because they were sex workers. I do hope that changes some day.

I’m still waiting until the investigation is complete. Just trying to be objective. The victims and their families are most important, JMO.

We still don’t know who killed the other LISK victims; they deserve justice too. These murder investigations have been mishandled for so many years, it’s important to keep the focus squarely on getting answers. Had many people like John Ray hadn’t done that, we wouldn’t be seeing progress made today.
And I absolutely agree with you.

But, at this point in time LE has clearly stated RH's wife was not present when he comitted his crimes yet a lawyer is calling her "complicit".

I think we can all agree that LE did none of the victims justice way back when they should have been all over this case. That's squarely where the blame lies.

I just have serious issues with John Ray blaming non-suspect family members (LE has stated so) because the murder victims were ignored by LE back in the day. As for financial support of them ---- today, I still see no means by which one can do so.

The two things (LE/investigation/justice and financial support are two different things). One LE had control over and the other is controlled by someone actually setting up a means of financially contributing. I am still waiting for the families' lawyer to set up a means by which to do so. We are actually blaming RH's family because this hasn't been done for the murder victim's families yet? It sure seems so. That oversight is not within RH's family's control - nor is the lack of proper investigation or focus on these victims by LE or the general public back in the day when it should have happened. Seems John Ray has some work to do before he keeps complaining about that lack of financial support for them.

Last edited:
The very quietness and secrecy of LE makes me hopeful that LE KNOWS but doesn't feel there's enough yet for a conviction. I believe I read that additional personnel have been added to the taskforce. Naturally, with all the possible evidence taken from the Heuermann holdings, that is prob. to be expected. Yet, I am hopeful of another surprising development or more.

with advances in so many areas of criminal investigation, it’s likely LE will make more arrests or at least identify a killer(s) who are now deceased. After all, it’s been 13 years. We just don’t know yet, that’s why it’s important to keep an open mind And keep pushing for a full, publicly accountable investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader