WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JUN 6, 2024
[...]

Cole [Nadia's father] said Nadia went missing at 3 p.m. May 29 as they and Nadia’s mother, Beata Cole, were preparing to board a flight to Italy for a three-week vacation to celebrate Nadia’s recent graduation from Washington State University.

“She left her phone, which I thought was odd, and her carry-on (a small backpack) and went to the bathroom and never returned,” Cole said.

[...]

Then she was last seen on security footage from Sound Transit about 4 p.m. May 29 getting off the light rail at Third Avenue and University Street in downtown Seattle and walking toward the waterfront.

[...]

“We’ve done intensive interviews with the FBI (Tuesday),” Kirk Cole said. “Because of the baby, it’s a child custody issue. We’re assuming they are related, but we don’t know for sure. But I’m a doctor and I don’t believe in coincidences. The FBI is treating them as two separate issues. It’s just been crickets.”

[...]
Interesting that he says FBI is treating as two separate issues, not two separate crimes. As far as we know at this moment, NC has not committed a crime. So why would FBI be interested except in relation to the missing child?

jmo

@Inthedetails
The FBI is involved because his custody issue is in Idaho. Her disappearance is in WA.... and he supposedly was in Montana for his fishing trip- so it all crosses state lines.

Presuming she left voluntarily she doesn't have much of a future now.
I disagree, if this is simply a case of

- my fiancé wanted us fo start a new life together in some remote area and he told me to join him and when I met up with him he had his daughter with him & he told me that he had won custody and we could go off and live in a cabin in Montana...... feed her some story about the baby mommy's family being mad about it so they need to lie low, blah blah....

That would make her incredibly gullible but she could be fine, if she has the right attorney. Go back home, take those LSATs, become a lawyer, make amends with Mommy and Daddy (interesting daddy announced he is a Doctor/MD in one interview), curate her online presence, get sympathizers and supporters. Easy peasy, for a pretty girl.

He, on the other hand.... child custody battle at year 2 (16 more to go, Aaron)- family court isn't going to look nicely upon this, he hasn't ruined his life but he should turn himself in asap!!!! No idea if the Cole family approved of the idea of the engagement, either... somehow I HIGHLY doubt it.

Mom of the child seems freaked out about the disappearance but not worried about the child's safety (from the video below),

so I hope this is an indication that he does not have anger issues and she is confident he wouldn't harm the toddler. I genuinely hope this is the case.

Last edited:
Interesting that he says FBI is treating as two separate issues, not two separate crimes. As far as we know at this moment, NC has not committed a crime. So why would FBI be interested except in relation to the missing child?

jmo

I suppose at this point they don't know how involved Nadia could be in Seraya's disappearance. Perhaps she was heavily involved in the planning and execution of a scheme with Aaron to hide the baby. If that was the case, she could be on the hook for various crimes just as much as Aaron. MOO!

She went to WSU, not UW. UW is in Seattle, WSU is in Pullman. She would have no reason to go to UW's campus.

University Street is in downtown Seattle near the train station, University District is the one near the college.
Thanks for the clarification and that makes it all the more confusing that she exited the link at that stop as I was thinking that was where she had lived and was a very familiar area to her. I had seen a lot of her photos in and around Seattle and assumed that was the university she had just graduated from.

@Inthedetails
The FBI is involved because his custody issue is in Idaho. Her disappearance is in WA.... and he supposedly was in Montana for his fishing trip- so it all crosses state lines.
snipped

Right. And that makes it ONE issue, not two separate issues. Kinda my point. :)

Whatever the case, I think the three disappearances are linked, though the only evidence that indicates a crime (that we know about) is the missing child.

jmo

JUN 6, 2024

- Cars associated with Nadia and Aaron were left in Pullman. Investigators believe they are traveling in unknown vehicles.

- Seraya was dealing with some severe constipation that had sent her to the emergency room. Her mother says doctors advised that if Seraya "didn't pass this, and soon, she could become septic, which is fatal."

If this little girl was so constipated that she was at risk of becoming septic the last thing she should be doing was going to a remote area to "fish". I don't believe for a minute there was a fishing trip, I am stunned that she was allowed to go anywhere if she was that sick. She needed to be home with her mother monitoring her closely. How did the dad pull this off?

The missing girlfriend just blew up her life! This is so stupid of him and the gf.

How selfish & cruel to leave her mother at the airport after planning this special trip! Very self-centered all over a man! Did her parents know she was in a relationship with him? They'll find them. She'll cry and blame him for her actions. I just hope the man doesn't do anything stupid with the gf and child once he realizes his fantasy of starting a new life with his "new" family is unreal. Prayers they are all found safe!
I feel her parents did not know she was engaged to him!

Given what we know now, I wonder if he somehow made her think the baby's safety was in jeopardy if she didn't leave immediately. "You have to come now, we have to hide her from her crazy mother/ I'll do something desperate if I'm here by myself with her/whatever nonsense he invented". That would work on most girls with not enough life experience to smell a rat in situations- it would have worked on me at 21.

JUN 6, 2024
[...]

Cole [Nadia's father] said Nadia went missing at 3 p.m. May 29 as they and Nadia’s mother, Beata Cole, were preparing to board a flight to Italy for a three-week vacation to celebrate Nadia’s recent graduation from Washington State University.

“She left her phone, which I thought was odd, and her carry-on (a small backpack) and went to the bathroom and never returned,” Cole said.

[...]

Then she was last seen on security footage from Sound Transit about 4 p.m. May 29 getting off the light rail at Third Avenue and University Street in downtown Seattle and walking toward the waterfront.

[...]

“We’ve done intensive interviews with the FBI (Tuesday),” Kirk Cole said. “Because of the baby, it’s a child custody issue. We’re assuming they are related, but we don’t know for sure. But I’m a doctor and I don’t believe in coincidences. The FBI is treating them as two separate issues. It’s just been crickets.”

[...]
My heart goes out to her parents! It has to be agonizing! For those on SM and other sites saying Nadia ruined her life is irresponsible. We do not know what made her leave the airport. Also, everyone has the ability to start over in their life.

Given what we know now, I wonder if he somehow made her think the baby's safety was in jeopardy if she didn't leave immediately. "You have to come now, we have to hide her from her crazy mother/ I'll do something desperate if I'm here by myself with her/whatever nonsense he invented". That would work on most girls with not enough life experience to smell a rat in situations- it would have worked on me at 21.
This is exactly what I was thinking... he somehow used the baby to convince NC to leave her mom at the airport. I assume she acted impulsively because she felt like if she didn't something bad would happen. I also assume that if she "saved" the baby that her mom would forgive her for leaving the airport, not taking the trip etc. It makes sense that she would abandon her phone etc. in a rush if she felt like she had to act immediately to protect the child. The only issue is how he contacted her to tell her this, unless he was texting/messaging before she went to the bathroom.

Has anyone seen Aaron and the baby since he picked her up for the fishing trip? I haven't seen anything that would confrim this and it makes me worry that something may have happened to the baby and Aaron begged NC to help him cover it up and/or go on the run. I'm not saying Aaron purposefully hurt the child, I'm just theorizing that maybe since she was 'really sick" he experienced a medical emergency with her. Just coming up with wild theories here.

JUN 6, 2024

BBM so if she exited at the University St stop and headed towards the waterfront my guess would be she got on a ferry. That spot is a huge hub with water taxis able to take you to transit connections at ferry terminals going to many different locations including Canada.

We can assume she had her passport on her as she got through security at the airport going on an international vacation so I wonder if that was on her when she "went to the bathroom" or if that was left with her other belongings her mom was watching at the gate. That would be my first clue as to her whereabouts bc if she left her main phone, and I say that bc she very well could have a burner, and other items at the gate but had her passport with her that'd lead me to believe she needed that for a reason as opposed to if she left that at the airport with her other belongings.

My best speculation is that she met up with her fiance and his daughter bc I can just not see them all being last seen and now missing right around the same time as any sort of random coincidence.

MOO either they
1) are together willingly of their own volition
2) he lured her somewhere and it's not what she had planned
3) they got themselves into trouble/involved with unsavory people and someone/s was after both of them

The latter scenario seems a little too far fetched for me at this point. What other possibilities are there that they would all be missing at the same time related or not??

1717682754118.png

This is exactly what I was thinking... he somehow used the baby to convince NC to leave her mom at the airport. I assume she acted impulsively because she felt like if she didn't something bad would happen. I also assume that if she "saved" the baby that her mom would forgive her for leaving the airport, not taking the trip etc. It makes sense that she would abandon her phone etc. in a rush if she felt like she had to act immediately to protect the child. The only issue is how he contacted her to tell her this, unless he was texting/messaging before she went to the bathroom.

Has anyone seen Aaron and the baby since he picked her up for the fishing trip? I haven't seen anything that would confrim this and it makes me worry that something may have happened to the baby and Aaron begged NC to help him cover it up and/or go on the run. I'm not saying Aaron purposefully hurt the child, I'm just theorizing that maybe since she was 'really sick" he experienced a medical emergency with her. Just coming up with wild theories here.
Good brainstorming idea. A medical emergency with the little one just might be something that lured NC away from the airport....but I would think a young woman would turn to her mother for advice or help, even if the mother didn't approve (and we don't know how if she did or did not approve of the relationship).

Given that we now know more about the car situation, though, I'm leaning further toward this being planned.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more.

BBM so if she exited at the University St stop and headed towards the waterfront my guess would be she got on a ferry. That spot is a huge hub with water taxis able to take you to transit connections at ferry terminals going to many different locations including Canada.

We can assume she had her passport on her as she got through security at the airport going on an international vacation so I wonder if that was on her when she "went to the bathroom" or if that was left with her other belongings her mom was watching at the gate. That would be my first clue as to her whereabouts bc if she left her main phone, and I say that bc she very well could have a burner, and other items at the gate but had her passport with her that'd lead me to believe she needed that for a reason as opposed to if she left that at the airport with her other belongings.

My best speculation is that she met up with her fiance and his daughter bc I can just not see them all being last seen and now missing right around the same time as any sort of random coincidence.

MOO either they
1) are together willingly of their own volition
2) he lured her somewhere and it's not what she had planned
3) they got themselves into trouble/involved with unsavory people and someone/s was after both of them

The latter scenario seems a little too far fetched for me at this point. What other possibilities are there that they would all be missing at the same time related or not??

View attachment 508318
The ferry seems like a strong possibility. It could also be a planned ruse, making people think she got on a ferry.

What are all the possible destinations of the ferry? Could he have been waiting for her somewhere with a car?

jmo

My heart goes out to her parents! It has to be agonizing! For those on SM and other sites saying Nadia ruined her life is irresponsible. We do not know what made her leave the airport. Also, everyone has the ability to start over in their life.
I did say above that she ruined her life but I'll qualify what I meant - presuming she left the airport voluntarily to knowingly abet a crime, then yes, I think she has ruined her life. Forget about law school, forget about prospective employers hiring her. In this day and age, like it or not, it's very hard to move on from such a bad mistake.

I hope I am wrong and she was in the dark about what he was really up to in taking his daughter in violation of their custody arrangements. I hope she comes through this OK and reunites with her family.

I hate this, but if the child was sick, LE needs to be looking for both three travelers and sadly, just two. Or even just one, each adult moving independently now with a strategy to reunite in time.

I pray all three are found safe. Today.

JMO

If she was so constipated and there was concern why was she not given an enema and kept in ER until the issue was rectified?

Can’t imagine being on the run with a constipated 2 year old is much fun. Poor child could be miserable and in severe pain.

This guy clearly is not thinking appropriately. This is a selfish act at the expense of his child’s wellbeing. And, if he lured Nadia to join him, he’s even more selfish than I thought.

It only gets worse from here on in. Really hope Nadia sees that this is not a good thing and finds a way to do the right thing. If Nadia is with him, which I believe she is, she’s now up to her neck in this and she won’t come out of this well.

MOO

The ferry seems like a strong possibility. It could also be a planned ruse, making people think she got on a ferry.

What are all the possible destinations of the ferry? Could he have been waiting for her somewhere with a car?

jmo

You can take a ferry from Seattle to a few different places. If you look at Google Maps and zoom into the Seattle waterfront, there are dotted lines with the destination name, showing where the ferries go. The one that sticks out to me is Bremerton, which would be the ferry most people who live on the peninsula (like Nadia's parents do, in Port Angeles) take. It's still a ~90 minute car ride from Bremerton out to Port Angeles, though. Obviously Nadia is not at the parents' house, but she might be familiar with the ferry route from Seattle to Bremerton.

You can take a ferry from Seattle to a few different places. If you look at Google Maps and zoom into the Seattle waterfront, there are dotted lines with the destination name, showing where the ferries go. The one that sticks out to me is Bremerton, which would be the ferry most people who live on the peninsula (like Nadia's parents do, in Port Angeles) take. It's still a ~90 minute car ride from Bremerton out to Port Angeles, though. Obviously Nadia is not at the parents' house, but she might be familiar with the ferry route from Seattle to Bremerton.
BBM Interesting thought about her not being at her parents home. She could have gone back to the home for supplies and other items that she needs. She had time to do a quick pick up and dash, I hope that LE is checking neighbors cameras and the home carefully. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221