Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a thread for this a few days ago starting at 1981 (weird coincidence)- the Tammy Mahoney case.

I'm sure you've seen this thread already but for those who haven't:

Forgotten Reports about Long Island Human Remains Found

And what was behind the panel walls?

Were the panels taken because pushpin holes were found, like mentioned in his "Things: To Remember" notes?
Yes, the paneling was taken because they found pinholes and adhesive consistent with his blueprint notes of how he used pushpins to hold up dropclothes. They weren't even readily visible.

Stunning that they could recover a deleted file on an ancient hard drive.

Jmo

Would the FBI be able to search his SC property, especially with all this evidence recently revealed?

This article from almost a year ago says the Chester County Sheriff’s Office (SC) was requested by the Gilgo Beach Task Force to assist in gathering evidence in SC. Did they find anything in the initial searches in SC? Will SC search more after these most recent charges?

Yes, the paneling was taken because they found pinholes and adhesive consistent with his blueprint notes of how he used pushpins to hold up dropclothes. They weren't even readily visible.

Stunning that they could recover a deleted file on an ancient hard drive.

Jmo
Hopefully microscopic blood traces in pin holes!

Would the FBI be able to search his SC property, especially with all this evidence recently revealed?

This article from almost a year ago says the Chester County Sheriff’s Office (SC) was requested by the Gilgo Beach Task Force to assist in gathering evidence in SC. Did they find anything in the initial searches in SC? Will SC search more after these most recent charges?

He sold or gave his truck to his brother in SC. I'm pretty sure that request is in relation to the truck.

JMO

He sold or gave his truck to his brother in SC. I'm pretty sure that request is in relation to the truck.

JMO

From an article about a year ago:

"Heuermann’s property on Rippling Brooke Drive was searched by the FBI, New York law enforcement agencies and Chester County Sheriff deputies this month.

A Chevrolet Avalanche was seized.

[snip]

The Chester County Sheriff’s Office said on Facebook the agency has been working with the Gilgo Beach Task Force “gathering evidence in Chester County relevant to their investigation.”

Chester Sheriff’s spokeswoman Londa Pringle declined to give more information about the agency’s involvement but did say they were on site just that one day."

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/article277757073.html#storylink=cpy

I believe it was also mentioned that they found adhesive residue, so he obviously tried that and switched to the pins when the tape didn't perform the job to his liking, or was too difficult to remove.

Just thinking about duct tape, it's possible it wasn't sticking enough, or it stuck too much and was removing some of the finish from the wood when peeled off. Pins leave a hole, but it's tiny, and up near the ceiling. If you're not looking for pinholes, up on a ladder, you're not going to notice them.

MOO
I think, maybe it was too much humidity in the room (RH sweating from every pore, I can imagine, and there were other certain sources also :(), so the adhesive strips didn't last long enough, but fell to the floor.

I'm asking myself, if RH raged for 3 weeks and then cleaned everything up, when his family's vacation was coming to an end. What was he telling his family, when he showed a certain degree of exhaustion after a "free time" of some weeks during their Iceland-vacation? That all the stupid clients had annoyed him so much?

From an article about a year ago:

"Heuermann’s property on Rippling Brooke Drive was searched by the FBI, New York law enforcement agencies and Chester County Sheriff deputies this month.

A Chevrolet Avalanche was seized.

[snip]

The Chester County Sheriff’s Office said on Facebook the agency has been working with the Gilgo Beach Task Force “gathering evidence in Chester County relevant to their investigation.”

Chester Sheriff’s spokeswoman Londa Pringle declined to give more information about the agency’s involvement but did say they were on site just that one day."

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/article277757073.html#storylink=cpy
I understand what you're saying. Maybe I wasn't being clear with my response. If not, I apologize. It's been a long day.

He must have had a big switch to his M/O starting 2002.
He references old notes in his "Recon Reports" where he lists the old count of cameras along the LIE and Southern State. He then further makes a note to follow up and count at the pick up area.

I wonder if he ever did get his hands on the lime and acid.
I noticed, that Peaches and Cherrie had still their tattoos, when they were found. So he changed his MO re. removal of tattoos only afterwards, it seems. As usual, I don't know the year atm.

Earlier I mentioned that I thought he looked "satisfied". (I don't know if you were mentioning my post or another one.) I think he is satisfied. And probably ok with things being discovered at this point. Because I think that in his mind, he'll still have the upper hand in that LE, the public, the victim's families will never know all the details. But, they do & will know enough to cause a lot of shock, horror, & pain. And while he will never be out to inflict this kind of torture & killing again, he will be satisfied in knowing how many, many, many lives he has ruined.

If they keep investigating, I think his body count is going to end up being very high. I wonder how often his family vacationed when he wasn't with them? Annually? For almost 30 years? Does that mean 30 victims? Or did he have victims prior to the existence of his current family? Does he have victims in other states when he himself was traveling?

The written info released today is just beyond words. No words. And I feel like it's just scratching the surface.

MOO.
bbm ^^ This!

Just some thoughts - John Douglas apparently wrote that mutilation = a disorganized personality type in his book Cases That Haunt Us and RH referenced this in his notes but RH is clearly very organized (see his notes) and he was mutilating prior to the publication of the book in 2000 (Sandra murdered in 1993).

Last edited:
Just some thoughts - John Douglas apparently wrote that mutilation = a disorganized personality type in his book Cases That Haunt Us and RH referenced this in his notes but RH is clearly very organized (see his notes) and he was mutilating prior to the publication of the book in 2000 (Sandra murdered in 1993).
I was wondering if him writing that down was around the time he changed his MO because he wanted to be perceived as either organized or disorganized ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member