Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Wilson (top left), Kevin Ainley (centre), Ricky D’Cotta (top right), Ryan Cooney (bottom left) and Billy Bennett (bottom right) have all been missing in Tenerife  (Doe Network/Missing People/Police handouts)

Peter Wilson (top left), Kevin Ainley (centre), Ricky D’Cotta (top right), Ryan Cooney (bottom left) and Billy Bennett (bottom right) have all been missing in Tenerife (Doe Network/Missing People/Police handouts)

Tourists looking for an easygoing, fun holiday in the sun have headed to the island of Tenerife for decades.

From the party vibes of the neon-lit strip of Playa De Las Americas to the spiritual hikes across cacti-infested ravines in the heat, there is something for everyone.

But with its rocky cliff faces and harsh terrain, the island also has a dangerous side with completely inaccessible areas... *info on each missing person @ link

After reading those I'd guess Jay's might be a similar case to Peter Wilson who took a wrong turn after a night out and fell down a steep drop and was found 2 years later.
A couple of those other ones are from the 80s, awful for families to never know what happened to them.

Bit of a gruesome question but are there any predator animals that lurk in the mountainous terrain of Tenerife? wild dogs, birds of prey, bears, wolves etc? apparently the reason it was so hard to find Julian Sands was because there was not much left of him by the time predators had had their lunch, and someone found a piece of clothing and a couple of bones, wondering if it would be hard to locate Jay for this reason

Pal Lucy Law, who was with the msising teen in the Canaries, said: "It’s been awful - I’ve never felt so awful in my life. None of us have slept the last few days. *The last thing he said to me 'I really need a drink'." She said: "The last pin he dropped wasn’t even on the road. Why did he go off road? There’s unanswered questions there."

She said: "I got the phone put down on me by the spanish authorities so I went to speak to them in person. I’ve had my phone stolen before, and they gave me the same slip of paper. They told me I’d get a call within 48 hours, but obviously the 48 hours after a person goes missing can be the most crucial.

"I’ve tried to report a 19-year-old is missing with no phone no water he’s never been in this area. There definitely needed to be more urgency." She said: "We went in for another police interview this afternoon, but there was no translator so we had to use Google Translator which isn’t ideal. You'd think they had someone in there who could translate for us."

She said: "They keep checking the same area, obviously he’s not there. The search needs to be made wider." Speaking to MailOnline, Mr Slater’s mother Debbie Duncan said: “I just don’t know what to think, I’m all over the place and I’m trying to keep positive, has somebody taken him? Is he panicked and lost in the mountains? I just don’t know, that’s why if anyone has any information please just tell us.

“But if he is lost then why hasn’t anyone seen him? It’s busy with hikers and holidaymakers up there so if he was lost then someone would have seen him, so that’s why I think maybe he’s been bundled off somewhere.”
*I wanna know what was said before he said "I really need a drink" so we could put the phrase in context.
The bit about no translator is strange to me.

There are plenty of Brits in Tenerife who will be bilingual - why don’t the family/friends just ask somebody to accompany them? I’m sure many would do it out the goodness of their hearts rather than needing money.. however, if they did have to pay for an official translator surely that’s making good use of a tiny proportion of the 30k which has been fundraised?

The bit about no translator is strange to me.

There are plenty of Brits in Tenerife who will be bilingual - why don’t the family/friends just ask somebody to accompany them? I’m sure many would do it out the goodness of their hearts rather than needing money.. however, if they did have to pay for an official translator surely that’s making good use of a tiny proportion of the 30k which has been fundraised?
Exactly. Translator over the phone even would be better than Google Translate

Bit of a gruesome question but are there any predator animals that lurk in the mountainous terrain of Tenerife? wild dogs, birds of prey, bears, wolves etc? apparently the reason it was so hard to find Julian Sands was because there was not much left of him by the time predators had had their lunch, and someone found a piece of clothing and a couple of bones, wondering if it would be hard to locate Jay for this reason
No large carnivores, but they do have birds of prey.

Mostly lizards and a lot of birds. No snakes!

On the evening news story it said Spanish police are due to do a conference this afternoon - then it says the ‘private detective’ is doing one now..

I’m guessing the private detective is going to jump in and release something that’s been found prior to the police .. that’s way he usually operates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordanstar