Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-17/gerard-ross-murder-cold-case-timeline/8187904

The police seem to have been working hard on the Gerard Ross case. They have had a few poi's. I wonder if they have found that BRE definitely wasn't associated with it. They have been busy going over the case since January. Coincidence that after BRE's arrest in late Dec 2016 they started going over everything again. If there was a chance of BRE being involved would they be pushing on with looking for more information. MOO
Hi Annalise,

Perhaps with the extra detectives they've employed, they've taken advantage of the extra staff and utilized their services.

Thanks Spooks,
According to that list, there's only a small percentage which have been overturned.
Well, one can only hope the list expands in the next week or so

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well, one can only hope the list expands in the next week or so

Ditto!
One can only hope the extra time needed is because WAPOL is working on other cases to convict.

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Hi Janwa, I initially felt the same about GR but am now not so sure. As BRE has not been found guilty of anything to date, I prefer to use the name CSK in my posts. I try to keep an open mind & innocent until proven guilty etc. Have done a lot of reading about Sociopaths & Psychopaths of late. Without a doubt in my mind, the CSK was a total fecking (sic) PSYCHOPATH. I wouldn't be at all surprised at what is revealed about the perp at some point. We will probably all be very old people before any details of deaths are revealled. I seriously think this excuse for a human was capable of anything. I think they enjoyed the hunt, torture & kill.

Hi ESH - I should refer to CSK too rather than BRE. I thought perhaps he was involved in Gerard Ross's murder until recently. It seems police are going over the case again. Have had leads from public about poi's. This makes it look like CSK is not on their list of suspects.

Do you think the police have the accused CSK as a poi in Gerard Ross's case? If so would they even be allowed to question him about it at the moment? I wonder if they would have to wait for the outcome of the upcoming trial before looking into him being part of Gerard Ross's murder?

It would be interesting to know if police have been able to question the accused CSK regarding the other unsolved murder cases in WA. MOO

Some articles about Dr Ian Dadour and forensics.

Forged DNA gives criminals new way to avoid detection - The West Australian, 22/02/2005
http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive...px?href=WAN/2005/02/22&id=Ar00401&sk=16E5B9BF

TV crime gets the blame for clever crooks - The West Australian, 9/09/2005
http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive...px?href=WAN/2005/09/09&id=Ar00700&sk=6E81826A

Grisly welcome to the Body Farm - The West Australian, 9/04/2011
http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive...px?href=WAN/2011/04/09&id=Ar01803&sk=A2B9B540

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
No one seems to of noticed what Dr Dadour said about planted DNA or cigarette butts used to plant DNA at crime scenes by a perpetrator? And it's states in the first two articles as thou he had found it has already occurred in a couple of cases he had worked on.

The third article lists some of those cases, especially that he worked on GR, JR and CG remains. But in the earlier articles DR Dadour specifically mentioned cigarette butts being a vector for misleading and deflecting investigators.

Since no one is willing to state the bleeding obvious... was evidence of manufactured DNA being planted on the forensic exhibits discovered by Dr Ian Dadour in JCs Fiat upon the cigarette butts?

No one seems to of noticed what Dr Dadour said about planted DNA or cigarette butts used to plant DNA at crime scenes by a perpetrator? And it's states in the first two articles as thou he had found it has already occurred in a couple of cases he had worked on.

The third article lists some of those cases, especially that he worked on GR, JR and CG remains. But in the earlier articles DR Dadour specifically mentioned cigarette butts being a vector for misleading and deflecting investigators.

Since no one is willing to state the bleeding obvious... was evidence of manufactured DNA being planted on the forensic exhibits discovered by Dr Ian Dadour in JCs Fiat upon the cigarette butts?

Hi Petedavo - I have never been able to find out the result of the DNA testing of the cigarettes in JC's car. No person of interest found from the cigarette butts? Who knows if the evidence was tampered with and investigators were mislead. MOO

Hi Petedavo - I have never been able to find out the result of the DNA testing of the cigarettes in JC's car. No person of interest found from the cigarette butts. Who knows if the evidence was tampered with and investigators were mislead. MOO
The people that did the forensic DNA testing of them would know. There seems to be a clear alluding to that assertion in the articles. The timing of the earlier articles don't seem to coincide with any other reason to be interviewing D Dadour, like the opening of the Forensic Science Unit or the Body farm at Gingin, so I'm inclined towards this being a manifestation of a strategic ploy from WA Police to elicit a lead from the public about someone playing playing with beakers, test tubes and cigarette butts. IMO

Media Co-opted, Much like they did in the Australind mother of satan case?

And of course the easiest and quickest way to get rid of a person of moral backbone, a whistle blower or incorruptibility is to accuse them of misappropriation of funds, just seems strange to me that another prestigious outfit would then take him on if the allegation was true.

And of course the easiest and quickest way to get rid of a person of moral backbone, a whistle blower or incorruptibility is to accuse them of misappropriation of funds, just seems strange to me that another prestigious outfit would then take him on if the allegation was true.
It was entirely in the industrial Relations Court, where burdens of proof are different to Criminal Courts. He was never charged with a crime as far as I can find. You might want to search cases referred to the CCC, but I think it's irrelevant to the validity of his forensic abilities. The case appears to be entirely resting upon the ability of UWA to make their own interpretation of their internal policies IMO.

An actual example of the media being used to plant a story by the Police.
In this case it was the Australian Federal Police in cooperation with the FBI in the USA to ask an Australian journalist to write a story that was placed in the New York Times and credited to Associated Press.

Posts below are from the IRA bombs in Australia 1970's cold case thread.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328534

Russell says in his book http://www.writersandebooks.com/bookshop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=89 that the 1973 operation was ordered by the IRA (presumably the HQ based in Northern Ireland) at the behest of American financial backers (presumably NORAID or the ilk) to demonstrate that the IRA could undertake international operations. Russell further asserts that they communicated in stories or adverts placed in the New York Times. These assertions would point to a US citizen directly instigating these terrorist activities within Australia by the IRA

The assertions in Warner Russell's book also appear in this story http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...y/news-story/406aa750f650c7e5b77418b6af51bafb

IRA terrorist bomber, Philip McCullough, caught in Adelaide, South Australia 1975 http://archive.irishnewsarchive.com...px?href=IEX/1979/07/24&id=Ar01421&sk=8DC45090

Apr

Her Royal Highness The Princess Anne, Mrs. Mark Phillips, and Captain Mark Phillips visit Adelaide.

http://www.governor.sa.gov.au/node/40

Thanks PD,
I don't think there was much known about DNA back in 1988 when JC went missing. Yes there were cigarette butts in her car.

CR - There was a cigarette butt in her front garden, which was established as belonging to a known predator, but that couldn't be used because it may have been someone walking past who'd flicked it into the garden.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...6044bbf3faf0&usg=AOvVaw35ddXf91OquTICm4JLlPeZ

At about 4:30 mins in this gerard ross news video , the dog hairs are talked about . January "17 .

https://thewest.com.au/news/7-news-...ils-in-gerard-ross-cold-case-bc-5284510640001

There had been conflicting reports from 2016 and 2017 about whether Brett Cowan was a suspect still in GR. It is good to confirm from the source that he was in custody.

Also interesting to note that previous information that was in newspapers quoted recently in this thread fully clothed and no sexual motive were neither confirmed or denied.

There had been conflicting reports from 2016 and 2017 about whether Brett Cowan was a suspect still in GR. It is good to confirm from the source that he was in custody.

Also interesting to note that previous information that was in newspapers quoted recently in this thread fully clothed and no sexual motive were neither confirmed or denied.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=13704292

Bohemians post in the GR blog contains a .pdf of Royal Commission into whether there has been any corrupt or criminal conduct by Western Australian Police Officers

https://www.slp.wa.gov.au/publicatio...le/S020912.pdf

The officer actively in charge of the GR investigation was questioned.

The Gerard Ross murder inquiry was seen as child abuse related, I think?---Yes. Which explains why Detective Senior Sergeant Miller was assigned to it for a period?---I don't know why Senior Sergeant Miller was assigned to it, but yes; it was obviously child abuse-related.

It may be interesting that the officer in charge of the GR investigation quoted above, was under Superintendent Cap**n and it was an improper interference by Cap**n that was being looked at in this Royal commission case for another abuse victim, when the GR facts came out, afaik. These are my thought an opinions only.

Someone asked recently if we felt BRE had anything to do with GR.

I personally don't. In general child abusers operate in the day and if not for themselves with a "shopping list from a group. It is a very complex world. This attachment gives some insight.

Andrew Patterson finally gave up his attempts to expose the extent of child abuse when the Police refused to let him speak at the Police Royal commission he intended to name names. I have that cutting somewhere I'll try and find it.

Detective Tells of Suspicions

I think this may be just what happened with GR and I too doubt the involvement of the CSK accused.

It's struck me that the woman who a couple of days after GR disappeared saw someone dressed and looking like GR walk away from an orange car similar to a Datson but was persuaded to go back to the car. Possibly saying It's OK we're taking you home??
The woman was so concerned she did a U turn and followed the car. Supposedly this was investigated ... but who knows?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/9c62c215480a6cbd33e29584027dc4ee

Having the taxi driver V. Silich living in Rockingham and capable of mindless brutality, seems there are a few people that should be looked at again, like they did in the Morcame case when B. Cowan had been interviewed and reindentified at the Inquiry on Morcame's death. Was he the suspect that only needed a skerrick of information more to arrest him, when the friendship between his cop dad and the cop in charge may have been a mitigating factor? How did his girlfriend die?

I'll post in the GR thread, a 1997 west pix image of the exact location GR was supposedly found as I haven't been able to find this previously. These are my thoughts and opinions only.

I think this may be just what happened with GR and I too doubt the involvement of the CSK accused.

It's struck me that the woman who a couple of days after GR disappeared saw someone dressed and looking like GR walk away from an orange car similar to a Datson but was persuaded to go back to the car. Possibly saying It's OK we're taking you home??
The woman was so concerned she did a U turn and followed the car. Supposedly this was investigated ... but who knows?

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/9c62c215480a6cbd33e29584027dc4ee

Having the taxi driver V. Silich living in Rockingham and capable of mindless brutality, seems there are a few people that should be looked at again, like they did in the Morcame case when B. Cowan had been interviewed and reindentified at the Inquiry on Morcame's death. Was he the suspect that only needed a skerrick of information more to arrest him, when the friendship between his cop dad and the cop in charge may have been a mitigating factor? How did his girlfriend die?

I'll post in the GR thread, a 1997 west pix image of the exact location GR was supposedly found as I haven't been able to find this previously. These are my thoughts and opinions only.

I've posted some information in the GR thread about the Explosives facility where the dump site is located that hasn't been discussed as far as I'm aware. Especially about the CCTV coverage from the Explosives Depot. It seems from your picture that is is very close to the perimeter fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry