Found Safe TX - Michele Roode Boyd, 41, San Antonio, 24 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This thread is temporarily closed for review and cleanup.

MOD NOTE - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING AGAIN IN THIS CASE

It took much longer than I expected to clean up this thread because it was quite a mess. There were many TOS violations, rumors, unapproved sources, discussion of moderation, and wild speculation that was unsubstantiated by anything known to be a fact in this case.

Before posting again in this case, please take note of the following:

TOS and WS rules will be strictly enforced from this point onward. You have been warned. Expect a TO or worse if you choose not to follow the rules of this forum and of this case.

NO ONE has been named a POI or a suspect in Michele's disappearance. Do not sleuth Michele's husband, brother, ex husband(s), parents, friends, coworkers, or neighbors. DO NOT accuse or insinuate that any of Michele's family members murdered her.

If you don't have either a link from mainstream media or law enforcement, think long and hard before you post something as fact.

We will continue to allow references to the "Help Find Michele Roode Boyd" public FB page for now. The usual rules surrounding FB pages still apply. Do not copy and post comments from that page and do not sleuth anyone who posts on that page.

The only other approved FB pages in this case are official mainstream media FB pages and official LE pages.

As of today, there are NO Verified Insiders (VIs) in Michele's case. If someone becomes a VI, their username will be added to the first post of this thread and any subsequent threads for Michele.

Finally, if a post violates TOS or is offensive in any way, please alert on it and then move on. DO NOT reply to the post. If you reply, then you are compounding the problem for the moderators who must clean up the thread.

Thank you and let's try to help find Michele.

According to We Can Bring You Hope's FB page, Michelle has been found safe. Unfortunately my phone is acting up and wont let me post a link.

Thank you for the link!

You’re welcome! I came here first to see if anyone had posted it yet. I’m still in shock. I’m glad she’s been found and I hope she gets the help she needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing S.A. mother Michele Boyd found in N.C., charged with abandoning daughter
http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...harged-with-abandoning-daughter/273-530211472
(Via KENS 5)

Hope I did this right! My mouth is hanging open!

Just saw this on my local news. From your link:

San Antonio nurse Michele Boyd, who was reported missing since Thanksgiving 2016, is due in court in North Carolina Tuesday morning, according to an arrest affidavit.

She has been charged with abandoning a child with risk of bodily injury. An affidavit confirmed her daughter, <name redacted>, was found tied to an ice machine near a Walgreens location in the 4500 block of Rigsby Ave on the southeast side Nov. 25, 2016.

Glad she was found. I never felt she was a victim of foul play. She probably needs help of some kind but really, to leave her child in that way, she has to take responsibilty for that as well. Jmo

[...]

WakeMed police arrested her on a charge of abandonment of a child out of Bexar County, Texas. It was not immediately clear whether a child was at risk, but reports from San Antonio said that she was a mother.

In Texas, Boyd was a nurse at Christus Health Systems. It was not clear whether she was a patient, a visitor or an employee at WakeMed at the time of her arrest.

She was being held on $200,000 secured bond.

http://www.wral.com/woman-reported-missing-in-texas-arrested-at-wakemed/17429759/

An affidavit for the woman's arrest says that on Nov. 25, 2016, police were called to a Walgreens location in San Antonio. An employee told officers that the child was found tied to the ice machine called "Twice the Ice." A witness said the child's mouth and arms were taped.

Investigators were not able to locate Boyd that night.

Police say they have reason to believe that Boyd had also tied up the girl the day before while shopping. Boyd allegedly placed a towel in her daughter's mouth and duct taped it shut. She then tied up the girl with a rope, according to the affidavit.

http://abc11.com/texas-mother-missing-since-2016-arrested-at-wakemed-in-raleigh/3238354/

A fugitive mom from Texas who was wanted on child abuse charges was arrested at WakeMed in Raleigh on Monday, according to a fugitive arrest warrant filed in Wake County.

Michele Roode Boyd, 43, of San Antonio, Texas, was arrested on a fugitive arrest warrant on a charge of abandon child risk of bodily injury that was filed in Bexar County, Texas, on Dec. 7, 2016. The charge stems from an event that occurred on Nov. 25, 2016, according to an affidavit for an arrest warrant that was obtained by CBS 17.

[...]

According to the affidavit, Boyd was inside the Walgreens with the child around 11:30 on Nov. 24, 2016, and was caught by an employee attempting to steal items. The employee called police, but Boyd and the child had already left the store when authorities arrived.

A few hours later, around 2:15 a.m., an employee went outside and found the child tied to the ice machine and wrapped in tape, according to the affidavit. The employee freed the child and brought the child inside the store before calling police.

Investigators believe the child had been tied up with rope by Boyd earlier on Nov. 24, 2016, according to the affidavit. In that incident, a towel was stuffed in the child's mouth and duct taped shut, the document states.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/37766608/...-wanted-on-child-abuse-charges-arrested-in-nc

Missing S.A. mother Michele Boyd found in N.C., charged with abandoning daughter
http://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...harged-with-abandoning-daughter/273-530211472
(Via KENS 5)

From the article:

“Boyd's brother, Joe Roode, told KENS 5 she contacted him late Saturday night. This comes after her family offered a $2,000 reward for her safe return after her disappearance.”

[...]

WakeMed police arrested her on a charge of abandonment of a child out of Bexar County, Texas. It was not immediately clear whether a child was at risk, but reports from San Antonio said that she was a mother.

In Texas, Boyd was a nurse at Christus Health Systems. It was not clear whether she was a patient, a visitor or an employee at WakeMed at the time of her arrest.

She was being held on $200,000 secured bond.

http://www.wral.com/woman-reported-missing-in-texas-arrested-at-wakemed/17429759/

BBM

If she was a patient -seeking psychiatric treatment especially-, perhaps a staff member convinced her to reach out to a family member.

ETA:
“Emergency Departments at WakeMed (3000 New Bern Avenue), WakeMed Cary (1900 Kildaire Farm Road), Rex Hospital (4420 Lake Boone Trail), or Duke Raleigh (3400 Wake Forest Road)

None of these hospitals has a mental health unit, but they will check you for any medical problems and determine whether or not you need to be involuntarily committed to a psychiatric unit at another facility. If you are determined to need involuntary commitment to a psychiatric hospital, staff will locate a bed either in Holly Hill Hospital or in another hospital which may be as close as Durham, Chapel Hill or Rocky Mount or as far as Jacksonville or Asheville. You can expect to wait in the ED for an average of 2/3 days. Transport to the psychiatric inpatient facility will likely be by the Wake County Sheriff’s Department.“ (BBM)

https://foundationsft.com/crisis-services-psychiatric-hospitalization-wake-county/

(Via KENS 5)

Also from the article:

“She has been charged with abandoning a child with risk of bodily injury. An affidavit confirmed her daughter, [AB], was found tied to an ice machine near a Walgreens location in the 4500 block of Rigsby Ave on the southeast side Nov. 25, 2016.

The Bexar County Sheriff's Office said an investigator spoke with [A]’s step sister, [BB], who told authorities she had heard about Boyd placing a towel in [A]’s mouth and taping her mouth shut with duct tape earlier in the day on Nov. 24. This happened when [A] and Boyd were at the RIM shopping center, according to the affidavit.

[A] was reportedly released to her father after that first incident, but then the second incident involving [A] being found at the Walgreens occurred. (BBM)

The daughter must have been so scared.

With these details being released, I now understand why her family suspected her mental health be the cause of her disappearance.

Also, after these incidents, perhaps Michele simply took off in order to avoid arrest.

An affidavit for the woman's arrest says that on Nov. 25, 2016, police were called to a Walgreens location in San Antonio. An employee told officers that the child was found tied to the ice machine called "Twice the Ice." A witness said the child's mouth and arms were taped.

Investigators were not able to locate Boyd that night.

Police say they have reason to believe that Boyd had also tied up the girl the day before while shopping. Boyd allegedly placed a towel in her daughter's mouth and duct taped it shut. She then tied up the girl with a rope, according to the affidavit.

http://abc11.com/texas-mother-missing-since-2016-arrested-at-wakemed-in-raleigh/3238354/

Wow, that is sick and cruel. Poor kid, glad she was found and I hope she is doing well.

I'm not surprised by the outcome to be honest, but I am wondering if she left with someone after tying her poor daughter up. I don't understand why she just didn't leave while the child was being cared for by the father or someone else, but I am sure we'll hear about her being mentally ill soon and that she needs help.

I always felt she just took off. I’m glad she has been found.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wow! Good news that Michelle is found alive. Bad and sad news that she abandoned her child in such a cruel and dangerous manner. I expect she may have been ill enough to think she was doing the right thing. It&#8217;s very interesting that this information was kept quiet by LE and all concerned until now. I&#8217;m sure there was a good reason, but it put her husband under a microscope unfairly. May all recover from this ordeal.

Forgive me for sounding annoyed but, well, I'm annoyed.

This is fantastic news that Michelle was found alive.

On this thread, there were many of you that wanted to point a finger at Michelle's husband as being the killer.

What would have happened had our mods not stepped in and stopped this discussion?

Well, first, Websleuths as a whole would look like idiots.

Second, the kids would read about how Websleuths members made horrible accusations against their father.

Everyone, there is always a very good reason why we do things a certain way. It's based on years of experience, years of making mistakes, and years of trying to figure out better ways to discuss true crime.

Next time you want to point the finger at someone and claim this person killed another? Please don't. Not until you have powerful and convincing evidence that goes along with your theory.

Thank you,
Tricia

I just ran across the news of her arrest! I’m shocked but happy. I wonder if she was working WakeMed? She had to support herself some way. Also, any accomplices involved? Crazy story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow
Back