04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but I will be brief. Has anyone read the book "We The Jury" about s. peterson trial. I started reading it the other day.... pretty interesting thus far.

Yes i did read it some time ago. Much less evidence and he got Death :please:

That is a very special moment. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. I went thru it just 2 years ago. Enjoy the ride as it is just the best. Yes 9:30 AZ start time. Your only a tad addicted? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I'm a full fledged card carrying lifer here LOL.

If you're asking me, then yes, a tad bit addicted. If you ask other folks in my house you might get a different reply altogether. :floorlaugh:

:gasp: I just saw the pic of Travis' face straight on with a sheet pulled up covering the throat gash and showing the bullet wound. I didn't know this one existed and found it more disturbing than the throat one.

I TRULY PRAY THIS JURY DOES THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!
I saw that photo for the first time last week and it shook me to the core.

IIRC, during the Flores interviews she also said the knives in the car belonged to DB and she was going to return them. hmmm, wonder how many gas cans were in the car by then?

Throwing people under the bus, Jodi? Going for the jealous ex did it? Wait, that's exactly what happened to Travis.

I recall something else she said to Detective Flores, to the effect of...one time I was allowed to be there, at Travis' home to watch Napoleon. I had full house run of the house, I was allowed to sleep in his bed, eat in the kitchen, everything.

It seemed so odd that she was rather in awe of being allowed those things.

Also I recall Dr. Samuels saying that Jodi compared herself to Travis and thought of him as far superior as to his lifestyle, standing in the community and financial situation. When I looked at the photos of her tiny bedroom at her grandparents home, with milk crates , etc. compared to Travis' home, it was clear that in her mind she would have been marrying up to get him.
She was no working photographer, she was a waitress, who worked part time.

I laughed aloud when she said they split the cost of their trips right down the middle. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I have a pretty good income and I certainly do not get to go on a mini vacation several times a year. Moreover if I were dating a man and he asked me to pay dutch for anything, I would KNOW he had no sincere interest in "courting" me as she misuses the word. If he felt so sorry for her , that he paid her for maid services, clearly she could not afford to pay half of anything. The jury did not just fall of the turnip truck.

Rather than just trying to meet a nice guy in Yreka when she moved back home, she was hitching her star to the guy she perceived as the next rising star in PPL. I have no doubt she would have moved to his town, without haste, with the smallest bit of encouragement from him. What woman drives miles and miles to go meet up with a guy that wants to date them? If Ryan really wanted to see Jodi, he would have made the trip her way. I trust the jury knows this was all just an alibi in the making. She said she owed everyone money, her mom and pop, her grandparents, her friends. How dare she take trips? If one of my friends owed me money, yet they were out on vacations, renting cars, getting their nails done, sight seeing rather than paying me back first, I would not be friends with them.

She was totally broke and desperate, like at the end of the hallway. I do believe she stole money from Travis at his home that day. Of course she did.

Not to be unpolite but really, she was basically TA's willing prostitute.

welcome neighbour2013 and all others I have missed!!! :rocker: :star: :rocker:

Hey peeps....Still waiting for an Einstein to school me on how to post a pic from my personal pics. Don't have a problem doing online images but too dense to do it from my PC.
I think you have to have an account with photobucket or flickr (they're free), upload your PC pics to that account, and then use the image url created on upload here as you would with any online image.

But, I am admittedly nowhere near an Einstein. :(

Maybe she had money stashed here and there from whatever nefarious activities, but still preferred to live off people. Or she had money for Starbucks and gas, etc., but not for rent and such.

ETA. Great point about her Mormanism...I bet it was all for show around certain people.

There is actually a website..several..regarding which drinks at Starbucks are ok. Strawberry (JAs favorite)Frapp, hot chocolate..pretty good list..

BBM: I agree ... I think she will allow it because it is a DP case and you are correct -- this is her FIRST DP CASE.

I hope she does NOT allow it ... it would be a WASTE ... a HUGE WASTE !

:seeya:

Kind of amazes me that she was given this case, as high profile as it is, seems like a seasoned DP judge would have been a better choice. I just really wish she would consider the jurors for once, I feel so incredibly sorry for these people having to deal with this poorly run trial.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/06/man-who-gave-jodi-money-visit-travis-speaks-out

The day before she left, she was pretty frantic that she had to go back and see Travis," Paul Stern said, not knowing what fateful event was about to occur in Arizona. “She talked about how [Travis] was seeing other people and she asked to borrow money and I gave her money.”

In the video accompanying this statement he says she paid him back. I wonder how much she borrowed? Where did she get the money to pay him back? I BELIEVE she stole every penny Travis had the day she killed him. I would love to find out if any money was found in Travis' wallet. And why this guy was not called as a witness? So many unanswered ????'s in this case

ITA. I think she stole any cash that TA had on him that day. Since the Cancun trip was coming up soon, TA could potentially have had a large sum of cash set aside just for the trip. I wondered how someone so broke could pay Paul Stern back so quickly, especially after the lengthy road trip.

My point was that all three - Long Beach, Pasadena, and Mesa lie along I-10, but I've never been in CA and my Google mapping could be wrong.

Long Beach isn't on the 10, but everyone in the area is extremely familiar with it. The 10 is the major thoroughfare from Santa Monica to Arizona. Your point is dead on :)

Good morning.
Does anyone know if a hearing is scheduled this a.m. before court begins?
Thanks!

P.S. Back from my second TO. I've got a post-it on my screen reminding me to watch what I say.......I mean....what I type.

Welcome Home, Chelly! Do you want to borrow my sign that says, "Dear Lord…Please put one hand on my shoulder and the other over my mouth"?:seeya:

K, please help! My mother has gone mad.

She lives in Winnipeg, and I live out West. We're having our chit-chat on the phone and she says she likes ALV and cannot stand Juan?! WTH

I told her she has not seen the crime scene and autopsy photos; if she did i'm certain she'd change her opinion.

If the jurors believe she was a battered woman then they have to determine if it was self defense or crime of passion from the position of a battered womans frame of reference. It won't work anyway. TA's hands and back say otherwise as do Ja's lies IMO.

See, I just don't get it. If she's battered, then wouldn't any reaction she had be in response to BWS? I don't understand how Heat of Passion would factor into it. Maybe I'm just dense.

Someone suggested the classic Heat of Passion crime was coming home and finding your spouse in bed with someone else. So in this case, are they suggesting Jodi had a boyfriend who battered her but when she found him in bed with someone else she killed him? I mean, they're not really saying that, but . . . . on the one hand you'd think she wants to get away from him, and on the other hand, she's so distraught at losing him she kills him?

I'm not explaining this very well. Can't get my head to function properly. I need some of that fog spray that Nurse was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne